Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I'll play~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Nooo I wanted him to be lying about the other part~

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Confirming-- I'm a miller.

And on summer break so can post during the day ~hooray~

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Now, now. Us girls got to stick together. Sisterhood!
There's a lot of girls in this game yay girl power, I hope we're all town :sparkles:

The OP says flavor may be important so I don't want to claim it on D1 just because ~capps is curious~

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
If becomes an OMG issue I will, but I don't see the point of claiming flavor just for curiosity's sake.

##vote Rascyc

Hi mr. anime. Also Hi Keane :sun:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I'm an agent person!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
It's morning here! Good morning thread. :sun:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Big Nothing posted:

Hey this game started. ##vote your personal muse

Jamuraan posted:

##unvote
##vote Big Nothing this is so scummy it hurts

Do I still need to unvote?
Tell me more about why this is scummy!

Who is the 3P? merk because of his flavor, or?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Hmm yes.

##vote Opop

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
He was calling me clever and wily! I like D1 because you can make ~clean reads~ but this D1 is a little lacking.

Hmmm.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Hal Incandenza posted:

##vote Juanito this has never failed me
ikr

##vote Juanito

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

merk posted:

I don't think Jam is scum from what I've seen today.
I agree!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
##vote JakeP

Trying too hard to ~post jokes~ See his post history.

His recent posts on Keane specifically gave me an insincere feeling.

This is my first serious vote, Opop and Juanito I was trying (unsuccessfully) to get reactions.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
It'll be ok, Juanito.

Because Hal voted Juanito. I wanted to see if I could get any reactions throwing my vote around.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
My vote is the best :||||

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

JakeP posted:

I'll have to check some post histories and get back to you
Oh ffs stop making fun of me for trying ;;;;;

I don't think JakeP is scummy anymore, I changed my mind ##unvote

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

merk posted:

Even the phrasing for the vig: "good option;" "reasonable choice;" "good vig choice"

These questions too, the phrasing just feels like you're trying way too hard to sound helpful without helping [...] It feels way off.

I realize this sounds like some Lumpen-level poo poo here, but I have a really strong gut read on f_v. ##vote f_v
I agree with this read, I like the point about the word choice for vig-kills. It's very detached, like let's just kill someone guys it's the right thing to do!

##vote f_v

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
merk using his ability on me wouldn't make sense because he had a 1/3 chance of getting alignment-- copping someone who claimed miller is a waste.

:sparkles:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
No I am the Bourne Identity guy.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Bigup DJ posted:

Yeah I don't think Big Nothing is worth wasting a lynch on. I don't feel one way or the other on him but if we're going to kill him at all it should be a vig.

Bigup DJ posted:

Hey I just woke up.

Yeah, in every game I've played with Big Nothing we always get to late game and waste our time on a big dumb argument about whether he's scum because he barely posts. We don't want to use our lynch on him because he's like that every game so he just lingers around forever and it's poo poo, so I stick by what I said.

Bigup DJ posted:

Fiery's posting is always formal and neat though.

Bigup DJ posted:

To be clear though I could live with lynching BN so long as we do it before late game.

Bigup DJ posted:

Hey I'm not going to be around from now to the deadline, I've got an exam on. I like people to have more than one choice for lynching so I'm putting my vote on Big Nothing.

##vote Big Nothing
I think this guy is scummier than BN.

He has spent the day talking down cases instead of making them.

Also he votes BN anyways and idk it's scummier than BN who I don't think is scum so.

##vote Bigup DJ

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I'm in the middle of moving but yay the guy I wanted to lynch was a Scum.

gj BHB, merk :sun:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Hi, here I am, I have not read today's events closely beyond my previous comment: "yay I was right yesterday!"

So take my posts in the context of being behind on the thread, please and thanks!

Jamuraan posted:

Turbos are rarely useful. Let's get some discussion out of this so we aren't left hanging tomorrow.

Most interestingly I'm curious who didn't vote for the Big Nothing lynch. I'm pretty sure no-lynches are usually in favor of scum considering (for the most part) lynching is the only way to get rid of scum.

Yuming's last minute vote on Bigup (while it's clear it's a good vote) was just a "safe" vote to avoid lynching Big Nothing. She can just point at that later and go "see where I voted for scum?!"

"As a warning, things will get crazy if i am lynched"
Care to expand on this?
This first time I read this I was like "oh how annoying-- someone is calling me out for being right!"

However, reading it again I think the perspective is potentially scummy.

Here's why:
(1) Jamuraan is jumping past the lynch and trying to make a case based on the fact BN will flip scum-- his certainty is scummy.
(2) He calls my vote both good and safe and tries to cast suspicion on me for being right... before I even knew I was right for sure. He fast-forwards so much, that's what I see as scummy.

idk I'm still reading this may take a bit!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I'm confused about the conversation atm :sparkles:

mr.capps posted:

scum are too incompetent this game to have me on their team

there is a very light touch here, lack of direction or control. scum are barely playing as a team, though one or two members are getting restless. this is a flavorful game, with some weird stuff going on, my type of game, if I was scum things would be more active
This post sounds honest and I agree with the take on the game.

I don't think capps is scummy.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

CCKeane posted:

Oh, I almost forgot.

How are you, yuming?
I'm good Keane, how are you? Summer rules :sun:

Reading, I am feeling suspicious of Hal.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Big Nothing was kind of a weak vote on Bigup from what I recall. Definitely has a hollow bus feeling to it.
This post specifically felt fake to me. ~feeling~

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Hal's actions surrounding Bigup are scummy D1.

The rest of his posts are p nonsense-y, and then when he does start writing cases they sound very hollow.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Big Nothing was kind of a weak vote on Bigup from what I recall. Definitely has a hollow bus feeling to it.
Quoting this again because it gives me a really strong fake feeling!

Also Hal just claimed Death Miller, so there's that too I guess. He's given up and is just ~being wacky~ imo

##vote Hal

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Good night thread!!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yes, my other power is hiding. That one is called Poof, He Was Gone. Death Miller is called Who is Keyser Soze.

Literally none of this is going to make me seem less scummy, it's kind of defeating.
Hmmm, why didn't you claim it earlier?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
tbf Hal the reason I was most suspicious of you is the thing I quoted twice. It just didn't sound like a real thought to me.

I was p tired last night, however. I'm still open to other ideas~

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I don't think we're gonna lynch someone else but I'd prob vote Jam.

I wanna read D1 again ##unvote

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Hey earth to Hal did you forget I caught a scum D1!!!

Also like I said, I had a busy weekend.

Yes, if I were a death miller I probably would've claimed it the same way I claimed my just-miller role here.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
fwiw, Hal's claimed power has ~synergy~ with mine which makes me slightly more inclined to believe he is telling the truth.

I say probably, because having such a strange role I too would be hesitant to claim it. HMMMM!!!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

CCKeane posted:

What, you mean like both of you being hiders? Surprise! *throws gas on fire*
Yes this is correct! Keane must've tried to visit me last night or something~

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Hal Incandenza posted:

Ughhhhhhhhhhh this is so much like Comedy Bang Bang mafia it hurts. Nothing is more frustrating in Mafia than trying be totally truthful to help the town and having it turned against you.
Yes I agree!

Also someone should investigate Hal before we kill him imo~

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I don't think Hal was actually scum :sparkles:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

merk posted:

Hal claimed Death Miller/Hider and you claim Miller/Hider. How is that synergy?
We're both hiders!

I thought it lent a bit of credibility to Hal's claim. It's not a logical reason to think so, but I still believe him for it, so!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I know it doesn't make logical sense, I just legit thought oh we are both hiders that makes me feel like Hal is more likely to be telling the truth.

I don't really have any new reads on this game atm. I will read it later.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

merk posted:

This game is stupid.
^^

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
It's just like wacky and there isn't much to go through idk. It isn't holding my interest.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Alternatively, can I interest anyone in a tearshed lynch? His participation has also been minimal and quite suspicious to me.

Firstly he appears to just chuck a vote on an already caught scum. This vote really just bugs me.

He then comes back to vote Hal, but switches off him before end of day to vote BN instead.

##vote tearshed
This I agree with. tearshed is a better vote than BN or TT imo.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Big Nothing posted:

I get my actual role after i am lynched. What PR i get depends on who i choose after i am hammered from among those that voted for me. Right now, a PR looks better than none :v:

Im a VT right now in an essence
>:|

I am annoyed by the roles in this game.

I believe BN though, and I don't want to lynch him just so he can have ~powers~ I also don't think he's scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I'm looking back at the point in the game where I voted Bigup on D1, because I feel like reactions surrounding that (I'll also look at merk's push of him) are some of the best information we have in the game atm. I don't remember if anyone even reacted directly to it but we'll see!

Anyways, looking back at that part I found this,

Big Nothing posted:

As a warning, things will get crazy if i am lynched :unsmigghh:
This doesn't sound like BN speaking from a place where he'll ~get a power~ if lynched.

In fact this comment makes me doubt his current claim!

Feel free to shoot me, I am a miller anyways, I also don't care much about this game vOv

• Locked thread