Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I will play your game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

JakeP posted:

ill be lovers with ypm if PM doesnt want

Oh this is going to be confusing.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I like my role PM. It's good.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Jamuraan posted:

So the worst part about Day 1 is the stupid unfunny joke votes made by newbies.

Look at the loving anti-fun brigade over here.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

mr.capps posted:

Tom Clancy is a fascist jerk.

was

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

"Dirty Harry is a 1971 film about a San Francisco cop with little regard for rules, but who always gets results" really doesn't sound like 3p to me!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Rarity posted:

##vote Puntification

I am also going to vote Punt because last time I played he was chill as hell and now he's being quite serious and direct and it's weird.

What. Are you looking at the same post history I am? Punt has been the chillest this game.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Rarity posted:

He's been asking a whole lot of direct questions like these. It's not the Punt I remember from Pushing Daisies.

What? Jamuraan says "i'd like to vote for the person who claimed 3p", Punt very reasonably asks "Wait what who claimed 3p", and you think this reflects badly on Punt?

You're better than this.

##vote Rarity

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

halo

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Asiina posted:

Hi PM, how is your day today?

Hi I'm doing good. I'm packing for a move but it's in 10 days so I'm being leisurely about it.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Rascyc posted:

I packed 4 years ago to move away from DC and still haven't moved. I hate this "city"

All your clothes are in boxes, except for a week's worth of outfits. That's all you wear anymore.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Rascyc posted:

I packed 4 years ago to move away from DC and still haven't moved. I hate this "city"

You miss your coffee grinder. It'll be Starbucks again this morning.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Rascyc posted:

You haven't made a dent in your "to read" list in four years. They're packed too deeply.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Rascyc posted:

You try to write a rent cheque. You have no pens, or envelopes, or stamps, or cheques.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Puntification posted:

Equally you have no he won't.

I'm about 60% of the way towards voting for you because of how impossible to parse this sentence is.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

what happens if someone votes for pm

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

tearshed posted:

It appears you have snagged the PM alias for this game.

i guess i am more alphabetical?

##vote pm

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

yeah that puts a vote on me too ##unvote

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Jamuraan posted:

So how should I be playing this game now?

Well mafia used to be like chess, where you can analyse a board position analytically. Now it's like go, and you holistically take in the state of the game and use your gut to make a Divine Move,

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

CCKeane, Rarity, Juanito, Bigup DJ, Opop.

Why are idiots, which are scum.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Pinterest Mom posted:

CCKeane, Rarity, Juanito, Bigup DJ, Opop.

Why are idiots, which are scum.

*Which are idiots, obvi.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I though Ras' post defending Rarity's case on Punt was a bit weird and flimsy. I'd vote him.

Rascyc posted:

"Wait who claimed 3p" is practically a rhetorical question at this point so yeah, it does reflect badly. It's not as if someone can't go back a page or two and realize nobody ever actually claimed 3p, especially coming from the dude who defined 3p to some beginner player earlier in the thread.

He's saying that because Punt posted asking Jamu who claimed third party, that reflects badly on Punt. I think it's really reasonable for Punt to ask that question because hey, maybe Jamu saw something or inferred something you didn't, but Ras thinks it reflects badly on Punt for ~~reasons~~.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

sure
##vote bigup

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i'm just about ready for this game to get on ~track~

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I'm just really not feeling the Punti lynch at all. I'd rather lynch Ras or Rarity, really.

I'll put my vote here for now.
##vote ras

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Rarity posted:

Going with the flow? I was the first one to put serious suspicion on Punt and I think I don't think anyone's suspected FV until I did either.

You didn't spontaneously "put serious suspicion on Punt". CCKeane, with a newbie's hunch, voted Punt, and you jumped on the opportunity with a flimsy "Punt is weird and has cooties" post. Then you just posted the equivalent of "look at his post history". I don't think you get to claim a serious case on him at all, and the way you were pressured into making a case against him after voting for him in a go-with-the-flow way doesn't absolve you of BN's criticism at all!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I don't know what you mean, CCKeane has made it very clear that this is their first game :confused:

You don't get to claim that you scored a great victory for town by being the brave hero who shone a spotlight on Punt and then in the same breath say "well yes of course the case is flimsy and not very robust". They can't both be true.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

JakeP posted:

Also I am glad it is finally established in stone that this IS in fact CCKeanes first game, and he is not wily mafia veteran Dhaes

I think it's really shameful how Rarity is savaging their integrity when they're just a poor innocent spring chicken wandering into their first mafia game, sight unseen. She should be careful she doesn't turn them off Mafia completely :ohdear:

Rarity posted:

drat PM, you know me better than this. I never said I was a brave hero, I just said I was suspecting people before they were under general suspicion, which shows claims that I'm going with the flow are ridiculous.
Which isn't true! CCKeane voted for Punt, and then you posted

Rarity posted:

##vote Puntification

I am also going to vote Punt because last time I played he was chill as hell and now he's being quite serious and direct and it's weird.
which I maintain is not supported by Punt's vote history up to that point. It was a bad justification that looks like you're just itching to jump unto the opening Keane gave you by voting Punt first.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Rascyc posted:

PMom are you going to respond to my post or are you just going to sit on a vote and spear something else to divert attention from me catching you at your lovely scum game (again).

##vote pinterest mom

1. This is my lovely town game, tyvm
2. The answer to your question is "read my post history".

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Re:Jam

Pinterest Mom posted:

Look at the loving anti-fun brigade over here.

i stand by this read

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

We could lynch a player whose name starts with R.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I guess ##vote bn

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Big Nothing posted:

As a warning, things will get crazy if i am lynched :unsmigghh:

oh man that sounds exciting

now i wish i could doublevote you

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Rarity posted:

Also what's the deal with having 2 deaths and why is nobody surprised?

Third parties often get night kills, and this is such a big game it's almost assumed there are third parties.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Puntification posted:

What's that? BigUP DJ is a big dirty scumbo? Yeah feels good to be right vote BigUP DJ

I don't like this post. It's really self-congratulatory and wants us to remember that Punt "knew" DJ is scum.

#VigDJ+LynchPunt2014

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Are you town?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Dugong posted:

Day 1 rarity seems different to day 2 rarity

In that Day 1 Rarity made a bad case on Punt and kept running with it, and that Day 2 Rarity is making a bad case on capps and running with it. Sure I guess that's different.

##vote rarity

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I just did.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I appreciate the advice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

what