Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
I'm in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
My perspective, from playing in Australia is that it's more of an annoyance than anything.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

You always hurt the ones you love.

Now, now. Us girls got to stick together. Sisterhood!

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Asiina posted:

Remember that game where it was me, you, and Viva left and then you lynched me while I wasn't there and it lost us the game?

I have no recollection of this event.

(I'm so ashamed)

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Puntification posted:

Boo Rarity. Boo.

Also, on an unrelated note, what I thought was beer turns out to be a mixture of red wine, beer and apple juice, what the hell?

Why would anyone drink something so disgusting? What a waste of good apple juice.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

mr.capps posted:

my flavor is agent hunk of S.T.E.A.M.Y.

Is that of those "adult only" movies?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm assuming that's a typo for cute.

Nice to see you again BDJ.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

Bit much to say "we" lost Pushing Daisies. I think you mean "I" (as in Rarity) lost Pushing Daisies

:smith:

Yay! Welcome to the "Losing the Game and Making Everyone Mad" club.

One day Asiina will join us too.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

merk posted:

This was me. I was trying to goad someone into fullclaiming and then using my thing to maybe catch them in a lie. I had a random chance to either learn flavor, role or alignment. BHB's claim kind of sucked for this because he wouldn't have lied about flavor or role, just alignment, so I only had a 1/3 chance of even potentially catching him if he was scum.

Merk, why didn't you use this on yuming after she claimed miller? Why pick BHB in particular?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Except, other than Dugong, who's a newbie?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Also, if you feel there is value in analysing the votes why don't you do it? Instead of just saying you think there is value in analysing the votes?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Your Personal Muse posted:

I think CC mentioned something about it, I don't know I wasn't paying attention.

*sigh*

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Jamuraan posted:

I'm what you call upper management. You can do the legwork, soldier.

I don't see the merit of analysing votes on a player with an unknown alignment.

Your post read like you knew Opop was going to flip town. How can you be so sure?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

tearshed posted:

Like this ##vote Space Jam

Vote something that votefinder doesn't recognize, then go to this game's page on votefinder and it will say "votefinder doesn't recognize something", then you pick the player the vote is supposed to be for.

That's a nice sneaky vote you put in there on Jamuraan. Why are you voting him?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

tearshed posted:

It was an example? There are two days to deadline, and you are acting like the vote is set in stone.

Why are you so concerned about a vote on jam? oo~

It was an example until you went and added that nickname to votefinder, and then it was a vote.

I had to actually go check the vote count to see if your vote really counted for anything, and it did. You put a vote down on someone in a way that obscured your intent. Do you really not see why that might be something I'd point out in thread?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I think he's a good option for BHB's vig.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

merk posted:

Bigup DJ is scum. Check your privilege.

Merk, you never answered my question on why you chose to use your ability on BHB. Why did you decide to pick him?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

I still feel like Punt is scum but the other person on my radar is FV. She hasn't done much beyond throw out a few accusatory questions without doing any real work to scumhunt, her attack on tearshed was a huge overreaction and I'm not a fan of her throwing Big Nothing into the path of the vig. Those are the only two people really pinging my scumdar at the moment.

Wait til you've played more games with BN. Then you will understand why he is a good vig choice.

If he's scum, his scum buddies will defend any case getting traction with "that's just normal BN" and if he's town we'll waste a day lynching him because his play is always scummy.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

merk posted:

He fullclaimed. I was hoping to catch a scum in a lie. If I had known he was going to claim Rambo Dayvig, I wouldn't have used it on him.

Why not pick the claimed miller instead?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Dugong posted:

So you're saying BN should just be ignored D1?

No. I'm saying we have a vig, and unless BHB feels strongly that someone else is scum, it's a reasonable choice.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

merk posted:

I also think f_v is a good kill here. You're trying way too hard to sound reasonable and inquisitive without actually pushing anything.

Actually I'm pushing you for your weird choice for your ability. A meta defense as a reason to not clear up a miller claim makes no sense. Instead you ask someone to claim and then use it on the first person to reply, regardless on whether there is any value to their response. I give you credit for being smarter than that.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

yuming posted:

I agree with this read, I like the point about the word choice for vig-kills. It's very detached, like let's just kill someone guys it's the right thing to do!

##vote f_v

Except I'm not just saying to kill "someone". BN's play reads as plenty scummy today, but we all know what that means in regards to his alignment. I'm saying if BHB doesn't have a better idea then BN is not the worst choice. I'm not advocating the vig on anyone else. I don't want to kill a random someone.

Having said that, I actually really like this post from BN. I feel like he's paying attention to what is going on in the game.

Big Nothing posted:

Wait, people are advocating vigging me day 1 because they feel unsure about me? I can give at least 3 better targets for vigging

Vig puntification, since it's 'likely' that he will be voted to be lynched tomorrow. This will give us more discussion and turn a useless D1 into a more productive one

Vig Jam, call him out on his claim.

Vig Rarity. Never played with Rarity before, but constant white noise posts and general going with the flow hisses at me as scum.

My preference for the lynch right now is Merk. I really don't feel like he used his ability in a way that makes sense from a town perspective. I'd like to hear other people's opinions on that.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

##vote merk

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Opopanax posted:

Explain how you feel he used it from a scum perspective.

Merk came into the thread and asked for anyone to scum claim. BHB turns up, Merk votes him with no explanation given and then pushes BHB to full claim. Merk uses his ability on BHB which mod-confirms BHB's flavour.

Merks given reason for using his ability is to catch scum in a lie, but I don't see that he really has any reason to think BHB is lying, or scum. There was no pressure on Merk to use his ability then, since we didn't know he had it. Why did he think BHB was scum? What lie did he think BHB was telling?

I think it's scummy that he just picked someone who was posting in the thread at the same time, ignored the town benefits of using his ability on yuming for claiming miller and tries to dress it up as catching scum in a lie.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

Eh, if Merk had cleared Yuming as a confirmed Miller the latter would just end up dead anyway imo

You don't think clearing a miller is a good thing? I've seen scum claim miller before.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

mr.capps posted:

this is sooooooooooooooo stupid

Why?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

mr.capps posted:

la de dah, don't mind me scum here going to use an ablity on this guy and draw the most amount of attention possible

What attention? The only person who has given it any real attention is me.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Anyway, Merk has no issue with attention on him when he's scum. He's hardly a nervous player.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

mr.capps posted:

yeah because most of us are not being dumb

im glad you also happened to bring this too our attention after coming under fire

I mentioned it before too. Maybe read the thread before trying to make look scummy by implying that I didn't point this out before people started voting me.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Propaganda Machine posted:

This is legitimate, since your pointing it out is...why people started voting for you.

No, people started voting me because I said we should use the vig on BN. Both Merk and yuming used that as their reason, and they're the only 2 voting me.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

mr.capps posted:

i meant in a negative way attention, not questioning attention

only now are you voting him and asking others too

And all this time I thought this was the point of mafia.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

yuming posted:

merk using his ability on me wouldn't make sense because he had a 1/3 chance of getting alignment-- copping someone who claimed miller is a waste.

:sparkles:

Except we don't know it works like a regular cop result.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Opopanax posted:

As a certified Merkologist I do not believe him to be scum

You do have a PhD in Merkology. Who do you think is scum Opop?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Opopanax posted:

I don't know. Maybe Ras, what with me voting him and calling him scum a couple times.

Can you explain your reason any more than just "gut"?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Opopanax posted:

No but that's never stopped me before

I'm not trying to stop you. I just wanted to understand what you see.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Sorry for my extended absence. My only internet access is my phone, which I got wet and had to get replaced.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Asiina posted:

I dunno guys.

I'm kinda believing the death miller here.

The world has gone topsy-turvy.

I agree. Hal's posting seems sincere here.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

Why claim death miller as a serial killer it doesn't even make sense. You don't get the value of continuing to create confusion after your flip.

If you flip SK the there will be no confusion regardless of any claim.

Hal, do you have any reasons to suspect Merk, yuming and Jake, other than their votes on you?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Big Nothing posted:

##vote Hal

Digging yourself a bigger whole to be honest. If you are scum im going to be suprised.

Contradicting himself to jump on the bandwagon.

Big Nothing posted:

Huh, seems like jam was just bad then. Capps flip is interesting to say the least, and I agree that keane is a bad guy ##vote cckeane

I read PM's vote as a move to put some pressure on CC, rather than being outright convinvced he is scum. Yet BN is hopping on that vote with no explanation as to why CC is a "bad guy"

## vote BN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Big Nothing posted:

I've let Keane easily slip by before by sticking to posting gimmicks whilst voting for people. That good enough for you? :rolleyes:

No. Why does that make him scum this game? Why didn't you vote him until someone else did?

• Locked thread