Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

OK, I will be a part of this League even if it isn't The League League.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CCKeane posted:

Hello, I would like to play this, my first mafia game.

I will not vote for CCKeane day 1

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I would like to be lovers with everyone so I am guaranteed to die at the end of D1.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Little Mac I have never seen the movie my character is from and now you just ruined it. Thanks bro.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Propaganda Machine posted:

hay guys what's 3p

Really low resolution graphics.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Opop I can't be bothered to go back to through the last 150 posts. Is there anything your Opoptuition is telling you?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Opopanax posted:

It is 8am what are you people on about?

Mountain Time best time.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I just discovered Mr. Capps first name is Tyson. Tyson is one of my favorite Survivor players of all time. Therefore I trust Capps. ##vote Opop

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

JakeP posted:

DC is literally the worst and I actually drive an hour out of my way to go around DC when driving down south. They have like speed radars on the side of the road, and they snap your license plate if you are speeding and send you a ticket in the mail. Its BS

I lived in DC for years and also hated it. They have had those photo tickets for a long time now.

Rarity posted:

That is not his real name. He told us during Big Brother.

Fuckin' A, Capps. Why you gotta lie?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Opopanax posted:

Boy you guys sure do like talking about that game, it must have been pretty great.

Another brilliant Hal scum victory

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

Another brilliant Hal scum victory

Oh no wait.... the opposite!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

So you're saying we should lynch you now just to be sure that doesn't happen again?

Nooooo rarity lynched me and lost the game for town

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Juanito posted:

I'll be sad if you guys vote Opop today. :smith:

##vote Juanito this has never failed me

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

JakeP posted:

Id vote Jam or BigupDJ after that whole exchange. Maybe FV

Not gonna vote Jam, but I would definitely vote FV

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I miss bigfatspacko_uk

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

mr.capps posted:

uranus is a lovable scrap

Lovable scum

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

If there is anyone you can be condescending to it is capps.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bigup DJ posted:

posts like this aren't winning you any friends Jamuraan!

Thankfully Mafia isn't about winning friends, it's just about influencing people.

I really don't see his actions as scummy at all. You should turn your keen eye on BHB instead.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh look Bigup DJ is getting run out of the game like he always does.

Big Nothing posted:

hey i just remembered i hate Bigup DJ :sun: ##vote Bigup DJ

For reals bro, if anyone should understand why this isn't the best idea it's you.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jake on the other hand is making a pretty compelling case.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Rascyc posted:

Don't ruin a good joke :(

I think it makes it even better than Jam didn't get it.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

What sort of monsters kill Opop and Juanito?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Where did Jimmy Carter come from?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pinterest Mom posted:

I don't like this post. It's really self-congratulatory and wants us to remember that Punt "knew" DJ is scum.

#VigDJ+LynchPunt2014

Yeah, I can see that.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

Hal, you're acting scummy this game. What gives?

I don't know... I haven't felt too focused yet in this game and the long hiatus made me forget everything. Now that the weekend is here I plan on doing my part. It would be cool if we didn't totally end the day right now.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bigup DJ posted:

Hey guys I know this looks bad but I've got some good news for you - I'm not scum.

But you aren't denying that is your role?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

A Clockwork Orange is probably also better than the book.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

JakeP posted:

I seem to remember there being a link between bigup and big nothing. is it just the word big? I have to reread day 1

Big Nothing was kind of a weak vote on Bigup from what I recall. Definitely has a hollow bus feeling to it.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Puntification posted:

I then played a game with him where he was town and he wasn't massively different.

Yeah, Punt has the right of it. I just go through periods of more free time than other times and that's primarily what affects my posting.

This same conversation has happened in like 50 other games of mafia.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Rascyc posted:

Also these votes on Rarity are junk. Anyone who has engaged capps in late night madness in any game always comes out looking like poo poo, but two people have phoned in votes on Rarity and a third vote is some pseudo scum catch 101 reason:

I think the italics emphasis that PM uses makes his whole point sound pretty phony. Like "I will distract you with this so you focus on those names and not my worthless point"

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

Hal, that might be the weakest way to discredit a case I've ever heard.

When it turns out to be right you'll feel really silly.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jamuraan posted:

I created the case because I felt like initially there was a weird distancing thing and there was a vote somewhere. I definitely think there is a relationship between them, and not a good one.

This was the vote:

Big Nothing posted:

hey i just remembered i hate Bigup DJ :sun: ##vote Bigup DJ

Which I called him out on because this was at the tail end of a pretty fast-moving train and Big Nothing is someone who should be wary of people voting someone basically because they don't like their playstyle since it happens to him every game regardless of alignment. He then hand-waved it away by saying the say was taking too long and shifted his vote elsewhere. Do not like.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pinterest Mom posted:

How do we know this?

The fact that you seem so surprised is strange to me since I also have two "powers"

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Looking back over the "two powers" debacle from yesterday and I have concluded that we should all ##vote Capps

His reaction to everything about that yesterday is pretty bad and does NOT feel like town analysis. He came barging in to the conversation to answer a question posed to Jam and then rattled off that list which had literally no one that was confirmed to anyone else to have two powers and then tossed this in after:

mr.capps posted:

I have a 1-shot dayvig, not I am a 1-shot dayvig. The 2 powers thing has kinda been an open secret.

Which is pure BS that sounds completely contrived.

Capps has posted a bunch otherwise but it's mostly just filler and banter. He barely acknowledges anything about Bigup DJ. He's a bad guy.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

mr.capps posted:

really, this is kinda stupid

Compelling defense. But I still feel good about this.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

mr.capps posted:

merk get in here and share why you voted hal, i know you said he was scummy, and it seems so

i'll probably vote him in a minute after a quick reread

He already said why, pay attention.

You're awfully defensive over my vote in particular. I didn't like the way your posting developed in regards to Jam talking about everyone having two roles. I really don't like how you are reacting now either. If it turns out you are masons with merk than that would actually make me feel a little bit better, but if it is anyone else then you reaction still seems off to me.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

mr.capps posted:

this is really weird

yeah I don't remember why I thought BHB was suspicious anymore

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Puntification posted:

I don't like Hal's vote on capps, it seems like trying to advocate us lynching capps for being capps and while that's so popular we have a whole month (which is every month according to some) dedicated to it, it feels like hal is going for low-hanging fruit to move heat off of himself after being on the receiving end. His criticism of capps not acknowledging BUDJ seems silly when there haven't been a hell of a lot of casing or reads given by people in this game in general and specifically because Hal's track record is defending BUDJ. I'll admit I'm a little scum-hal hysterical after my first game but I'd support voting him if enough of my town reads agree it's a good move (merk's already pro-lynching hal, if yuming, BHB, capps and you or a majority of us think it's a good idea).

What heat was on me? Capps is low hanging fruit? I almost never go after capps, so I guess I never think of him like that.

BigupDJ was pretty much the primary target for a day and a half, easily the most talked about player in the game while he was alive. I may have wrongly defended him but at least I said something about him. It's odd that someone who was as active as capps said practically nothing about him.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

mr.capps posted:

bad joke OR great joke?

Neither, it was me misremebering which game it was. Also I don't even get your point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

mr.capps posted:

The message Hal wants to give us here isn't what he is saying, but how he is saying it. This is going for a "feeling" the actual content here seems secondary.

I don't understand what you are trying to say about that last post you quoted.

• Locked thread