Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

quote:

The Hilton Washington Ballroom - July 4th, 1997, 8:45 PM

The dining hall is full of notable faces, though not the kind the media is used to keeping tabs on. The President had chosen to honor a number of national heroes, many of whom had gathered there that night to accept awards and praise. The emcee for the night ushers the UBS anchorman away from the podium amid a round of applause.

"Thank you, Mr. Grunick," says Pupkin, the comedian, laughing and shoving, "that was a... wonderful speech. Ahem, and now, I'd like to introduce you to tonight's guest of honor, who is here himself honoring those who have served this country greatly. From soldiers to secret service, from policemen to firefighters, those great men who had put their lives on the line and done extraordinary things are here tonight to be recognized for their courage and service. To give those honors, I proudly present the President of the United States of America, Mr. Jimmy Carter!"

The crowd in attendance erupts in applause as the President of the United States stands up from his seat at the dais, smiling and waving. He makes his way to the podium and taps the mic a bit, testing it.

"Well, I suppose I'd like to begin," the President speaks, "by saying that no matter who you are, no matter how big or small, no matter how important your cog in the great machine that is our nation, you are incredible. To serve your country, to serve the interests of this great land, this home of the free... there is no greater honor. And that honor is shared by myself and those who value your service."

The crowd applauds again, this time with more fervor. The President smiles and claps along, nodding his approval. Silently, above the noise, a figure clad in darkness save his face, stalks the balconies at the top of the ballroom. He steps over a fallen Secret Service agent and sets his rifle steadily on the edge of the balcony.

"Let's begin our ceremony with a member of one of our fine police forces. I'm sure you all heard the stories; The Bardach County Detective who helped bring down one of the most vicious serial killers our country has ever seen. Keeping alive the memory of his late partner, Detective William Somerset has since been an inspiration to those in the force. Ladies and gentlemen, our first honoree this evening-"

The shot comes quickly. It's near-silent, zipping by the heads of those watching from the audience. The President takes a step back for a moment before slumping against the curtain behind him, his brain matter trailing him as he falls to the floor. Screams erupt from every corner of the room, Secret Service agents jumping to the President's aid and looking about the room for the killer. A million camera flashes, as bright as the sun, capturing this moment of infamy... and capturing the assailant.

quote:

The Hilton Washington, Room 238 - July 4th, 1997 10:00 PM

"An excellent job, my boy," laughs a man dressed in a fine suit, "the woman was right. You're good at what you do."

The assassin, freshly arrived from the hotel, merely nods, standing silently.

"Of course I was right," a female voice calls, stepping into the room, "it was my plan. I'll have to thank our Chinese backers for this. We're that much closer to our final, crowning moment. The day of judgment."

"So, what now?"

"Call Mr. V, tell him we're going to begin eliminating any opposition now before they become a factor. Everything is almost in position. Very soon, we'll be the most powerful group of people in the world. A great man I know once said 'greed... is good.' I concur... however, I put forth that power... is better."

quote:

Washington, D.C. Secret CIA Think Tank - July 4th, 1997 10:00 PM

"Dr. J," comes the cry as the door bursts open, "did you hear the news? The President's been-"

"I've heard," replies the old man, presumably our Dr. J, sitting in a leather swivel chair, "and I already know who did it. The real question is 'why?'"

"What do you mean 'why?' Do assassins need reasons to kill the President nowadays?"

"This one does - did you not see the photo? Something big is going on, it would have to be for him to do what he did. Quickly, boy! I need the file folders in that safe to your right. The combination is six, twelve, eighty-one."

"What's this all about, Doctor?"

"I need to know why he would kill the President, and I can guarantee you that even the FBI and the CIA aren't going to be able to find out the answers to that conundrum. This all fits too neatly with something I've been researching for awhile - we're coming up on a predicted future event and this could be the herald of just that. We're going to need assets - men and women whose special skills can help us figure out what is coming and who is really behind the President's assassination...

"...and why James Bond would kill the President of the United States."

Dr. J swivels around to his desk and sees the files his assistant has laid out before him.

"A long time ago, the British had a group of operatives to deal with that which no normal operative could alone. I've been gathering candidates for our own group, old friend. It's time to activate our own League."

The League is a three part mafia story that will hopefully be played out from beginning to end. The theme is a crossover of of multiple movies as The President of the United States has been murdered on live television. A mysterious man on Capital Hill is putting together a team to get to the bottom of things. A shadowy conspiracy seems to be pulling all the strings, even those of the world's greatest spy. You must help put a stop to this... or help it come to fruition.

Mafia rules are normal. Nights will be closed. No faking day actions. A warning that flavor text may be relevant to alignment, so keep that in mind.

The game is designed for between 17-22 players, though the more the better!

Your very country may need you. Are you ready to answer the call?

Player List
  1. Asiina
  2. Barehanded Brother - Rambo (town) killed night 2.
  3. Big Nothing
  4. Bigup DJ - Vincent Corleone (scum) killed day 2.
  5. CCKeane - Frank Drebin (town) killed day 2.
  6. Dugong
  7. fiery_valkyrie
  8. Hal Incandenza - Verbal Kint (scum) lynched day 2.
  9. JakeP
  10. Jamuraan - Johnny (town) killed night 2.
  11. Juanito - The Dude (town) killed night 1.
  12. merk - Dirty Harry (town) killed Night 3.
  13. mr.capps
  14. Opopanax - Doc Brown (town) killed night 1.
  15. Pinterest Mom
  16. Propaganda Machine
  17. Puntification - Indiana Jones (town) killed Night 3.
  18. Rarity - Sarah Connor (town) killed night 3.
  19. Rascyc
  20. tearshed
  21. Tremendous Taste
  22. Your Personal Muse
  23. yuming

Cartridgeblowers fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jul 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

This is a movie crossover so yes it is Dr. J from Space Jam

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

oh my god i'm so excited it finally happened

This is my first game so be kind players!!!!!!!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

There are technically three slots left, but if no one jumps I'll send out roles in the morning. This has been open forever! I feel like Eccoraven!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Roles going out within the hour. Note that all characters are lovers with at least nine other players.

Note that I am lying.

Cartridgeblowers fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jun 18, 2014

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Roles are in the middle of being sent out. Dugong, you don't have PMs turned on. I need a way to contact you.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

All role PMs, save Dugong, have gone out. If I don't hear from Dugong soon I'll replace. Day One begins now

Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (23): Asiina, Barehanded Brother, Big Nothing, Bigup DJ, CCKeane, Dugong, fiery_valkyrie, Hal Incandenza, JakeP, Jamuraan, Juanito, merk, mr.capps, Opopanax, Pinterest Mom, Propaganda Machine, Puntification, Rarity, Rascyc, tearshed, Tremendous Taste, Your Personal Muse, yuming

With 23 alive, it's 12 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 22nd, 2014 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 4 days, 2 hours.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

mr.capps posted:

It was obvious it just can never be stated enough how much of a loser he is.

Also Tom Clancy is dead don't forget that

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

An APB goes out over the radio and quickly the message is spread to news stations across the city and country. "Be on the lookout for Harry Callahan, considered armed and dangerous."

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Big Nothing posted:

Hey little mac, im downloading the movie my guy is from because you have inadvertadly reminded me i need to watch it at some point :v:

I'm really sorry I spoiled that one for you. :(

Alpha Protocol owns.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Barehanded Brother walks into a dark alleyway and finds a gun in his face. The assailant grills him for information, bringing BB to his knees, but he refuses to give it up. Finally, the gun clicking, Barehanded Brother screams: "RAMBO! John Rambo, special forces! You want anything more, you'll have to take it from my dental records."

Barehanded Brother grits his teeth, closes his eyes, and finally leaps to his feet - but the man with the gun is gone.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Jamuraan posted:

Also an updated vote count would be nice (Maybe in the OP, OP?)

It's been there... :/

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Votecount for Day 1

Big Nothing (9): Jamuraan, Propaganda Machine, Bigup DJ, JakeP, merk, Dugong, Pinterest Mom, Asiina, Big Nothing
Puntification (3): CCKeane, Rarity, Juanito, Bigup DJ, Opopanax, Opopanax, Big Nothing, Bigup DJ, Big Nothing
Pinterest Mom (2): tearshed, Pinterest Mom, Pinterest Mom, Rascyc
Bigup DJ (2): Puntification, JakeP, Big Nothing, Pinterest Mom, Big Nothing, Pinterest Mom, JakeP, yuming
Jamuraan (1): Big Nothing, mr.capps, tearshed, tearshed, Big Nothing, mr.capps, mr.capps
merk (1): JakeP, JakeP, fiery_valkyrie
Juanito (1): Jamuraan, Jamuraan, Hal Incandenza, yuming, yuming
Rascyc (1): yuming, yuming, Pinterest Mom, Opopanax, Pinterest Mom
Opopanax (1): CCKeane, Puntification, CCKeane, CCKeane, Your Personal Muse, JakeP, JakeP, CCKeane, mr.capps, yuming, Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza, yuming, mr.capps, JakeP, Puntification, JakeP
Rarity (0): Puntification, Puntification, Pinterest Mom, Juanito, Juanito, Pinterest Mom
mr.capps (0): Rarity, Asiina, Rarity, Asiina
Hal Incandenza (0): JakeP, JakeP
Your Personal Muse (0): Jamuraan, Big Nothing, Jamuraan, Big Nothing
fiery_valkyrie (0): merk, yuming, merk, yuming
JakeP (0): yuming, yuming
Barehanded Brother (0): merk, merk
yuming (0): Rascyc, Rascyc
Asiina (0): Rarity, Rarity, mr.capps, mr.capps

Not Voting (2): Barehanded Brother, Tremendous Taste

With 23 alive, it's 12 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 22nd, 2014 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 9 minutes.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

quote:

July 5th, 1997

Washington lies cold and still in the wake of the President's death. Such a bloody, violent spectacle on live television sent ripples emanating through and beyond Capitol Hill. Conspiracies stayed quiet and pundits kept their mouths closed.

Today, at least, there would be no steps taken towards justice.

The day has ended in a No Lynch and no one has died.

You now have 24 hours to submit night actions, but the sooner I receive them the better. Take note that the order of receipt can have an effect on things.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Votecount for Day 1

Big Nothing (10): Jamuraan, Propaganda Machine, Bigup DJ, JakeP, merk, Dugong, Pinterest Mom, Asiina, Big Nothing, Opopanax
Puntification (3): CCKeane, Rarity, Juanito, Bigup DJ, Opopanax, Opopanax, Big Nothing, Bigup DJ, Big Nothing
Pinterest Mom (2): tearshed, Pinterest Mom, Pinterest Mom, Rascyc
Bigup DJ (2): Puntification, JakeP, Big Nothing, Pinterest Mom, Big Nothing, Pinterest Mom, JakeP, yuming
Jamuraan (1): Big Nothing, mr.capps, tearshed, tearshed, Big Nothing, mr.capps, mr.capps
merk (1): JakeP, JakeP, fiery_valkyrie
Juanito (1): Jamuraan, Jamuraan, Hal Incandenza, yuming, yuming
Opopanax (1): CCKeane, Puntification, CCKeane, CCKeane, Your Personal Muse, JakeP, JakeP, CCKeane, mr.capps, yuming, Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza, yuming, mr.capps, JakeP, Puntification, JakeP
Rarity (0): Puntification, Puntification, Pinterest Mom, Juanito, Juanito, Pinterest Mom
mr.capps (0): Rarity, Asiina, Rarity, Asiina
Hal Incandenza (0): JakeP, JakeP
Your Personal Muse (0): Jamuraan, Big Nothing, Jamuraan, Big Nothing
fiery_valkyrie (0): merk, yuming, merk, yuming
JakeP (0): yuming, yuming
Barehanded Brother (0): merk, merk
Rascyc (0): yuming, yuming, Pinterest Mom, Opopanax, Pinterest Mom, Opopanax
yuming (0): Rascyc, Rascyc
Asiina (0): Rarity, Rarity, mr.capps, mr.capps

Not Voting (2): Barehanded Brother, Tremendous Taste

With 23 alive, it's 12 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 22nd, 2014 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

quote:

July 5th, 1997

WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.

Obviously night's been extended. Barring any further forum outages, please have night actions in by noon tomorrow.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

quote:

July 6th, 1997

The news the next morning is still filled with coverage of the President's murder, though the city still seems to be in more turmoil than ever. The anchor, Burgundy, reads over some of the other stories plaguing the nation's capitol. He turns it over to a correspondent who stands outside a hotel.

"This hotel is not too far from where President Marshall was assassinated less than twenty-four hours ago. While reports from inside the hotel have told us no one suspicious was spotted on camera, the two murders inside would say otherwise. Neither murdered man had a connection to one another and both were killed in markedly different ways. A single bullet to the chest for one and a more violent, gruesome scene for the other. Authorities say they're being stretched to the limit right now, but we'll report more on these further deaths when we receive more information. This is Gale Weathers, back to you, Ron."

The faces of the deceased flash on the screen. An old man with kindly eyes and frazzled hair. A chubby slightly less old man whose only photo is a mugshot from the mid-1980s. The news cuts to commercial.

Opoponax aka Dr. Emmett Brown, town-aligned player has died night one.

Juanito aka Jeff "The Dude" Lebowski, town-aligned player has died night one.

quote:

July 6th, 1997

"You have the package?" the woman coos.

"Of course," replies Bond, dropping the case at her feet. She opens it and a soft glow emits from it. "What does it do?"

"Very soon," she smiles, "you're going to find out, Jimmy. And it's going to be pretty spectacular."

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

It is now day 2. I apologize about the late start of the second day. Obviously the forums downtime interfered quite a bit and the night had to be extended to account for that plus an action that HAD to be resolved before the night could end. Hopefully we can return to the game! :)

Deadline is set for Monday, since, people were complaining about Sunday deadlines.

Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (21): Asiina, Barehanded Brother, Big Nothing, Bigup DJ, CCKeane, Dugong, fiery_valkyrie, Hal Incandenza, JakeP, Jamuraan, merk, mr.capps, Pinterest Mom, Propaganda Machine, Puntification, Rarity, Rascyc, tearshed, Tremendous Taste, Your Personal Muse, yuming

With 21 alive, it's 11 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 30th, 2014 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 days, 6 hours.

Cartridgeblowers fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jun 27, 2014

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

A chase leads to a rooftop where, suddenly, Bigup DJ finds a gun pointed between his eyes. The man holding the gun screams: "Tell me what I want to know!" Trembling, the man responds.

"You got nothin' on me," DJ grunts. "You either pull that trigger or I'll make sure you show up as dirty as they think you are, catch my drift?" It's clear that Bigup DJ can make any player show as as scum to investigations. Bigup looks up to spit in his assailant's face, but the man with the gun is already gone.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Propaganda Machine posted:

I haven't seen The Godfather, and I'm glad for it. I'm reading the book right now, and it's excellent.

One of those rare instances where the movie is honestly better (along with Jurassic Park and... uh, I can't think of anything else).

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

JakeP posted:

Fight Club

Oh yeah, durr.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Only BARELY disagree on this. I've come to love King's work as of late. But I should stop posting.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

quote:

A Limousine on Pennsylvania Avenue - July 5th, 1997, 12:15 PM

Inside his limo, Vincent Mancini-Corleone sips on a fine wine given to him by one of his newest business partners. He asks for his driver to raise the partition and pulls a telephone from a secret compartment in the limo. It's bright red and would be sure to, otherwise, raise suspicion.

"Yes, it's me darling, how are you?" his voice slithers into the phone. "So, you got the gift? Yeah, the technical stuff's a little over my head, for sure. You are people of finance and politics. These are things I don't understand. But I still believe in the cause. This is what we're destined for, and all the power on Earth can't change destiny. We're under a month away now. The day's almost here."

He puts the phone down, grinning from ear to ear. Using a cane, he taps on the back of the partition to alert the driver. When it opens, however, he sees his driver's head wrenched backwards over the seat, the throat cut open viciously. Startled, Vincent goes for the door but when he opens it he's met by a barrage of gunfire. The shots ring out loudly throughout the street and passers-by panic at the sight. However, Vincent Mancini-Corleone panics no more.

He lies dead in a pool of blood and bullet casings.

Bigup DJ, aka Vincent-Mancini Corleone, scum-aligned player has died Day 2.

The day continues...

Cartridgeblowers fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Jun 28, 2014

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

quote:

An Abandoned Warehouse Just Outside DC- July 6th, 1997, 2:45 AM

"So here's the information you wanted," Kint says to the woman in the shadows, tossing a file onto a crate with his right hand, "The girl you're looking for is in DC right now."

"And thanks for that," replies the woman, "finding her is integral. In fact, we're almost done already. Your help will prove invaluable. Take care, Mr. Kint. Watch the limp."

"That's it?" Kint snarls, "I give you the woman you've been secretly scouring the world for and all I get is 'take care?' While I wouldn't normally do business in person, I took the time to come and talk to you here. Do you know who you're talking to?"

"Of course I do. What, do you want something? Money? Everyone wants money."

"Not me."

"Then what?"

"I want in."

There's a silence in the room as the two figures stare one another.

"You... want in," the woman echoes.

"Corleone is- was strictly small-time. So loyal to his family business that he was blind to your cause. I know what you're up to. I've heard rumblings. I've got connections around the world. Organized crime. I will take your poo poo and turn it into loving gold!"

The woman rubs her eyes and laughs, turning her back on the angry, crippled man. Kint stretches his left hand and balls it into a fist.

"It's nothing personal, Keyser. You're... far too vanilla for our organization. I'm sorry. Have a nice day."

Kint reaches for his gun, but stops short as the woman continues.

"Besides, you've been on the run, Keyser. That customs agent... he almost had you, didn't he? Just a minute more and you'd be rotting in a cell somewhere, wouldn't you? You think we need a loving criminal with your kind of heat? Your lies and fabrications aren't necessary here. Thanks for trying, but you're done here."

"Then that's it? Fine. All of you can go to hell."

Kint raises his gun but the zipping sound makes him drop it. Glass shatters around the two men as FBI agents crash into the room, their tranquilizers trained on Kint. He smiles, falling into unconsciousness.

"Are you all right, ma'am?" asks an agent in a suit, rushing into the room, "gently caress. It's really him, ain't it?"

"'fraid so, Agent Kujan. You've finally got the one that got away. Be happy."

"Well, we gotta hand it to you. We couldn't have done this without your call... what did you say your name was?" Kujan turns to see the woman's face still enveloped in shadow.

"I didn't. Just call me an anonymous tipster. A good Samaritan. You've got your man after all this time, Agent Kujan. Savor the victory."

"But how do you know this motherfucker? Should I be takin' you in, too? Huh? I swear I recognize you from somewhere, anyway."

"Don't lose any sleep over it. You've got your man, Agent. Take your win and go home."

Dave Kujan eyes the woman as she turns to walk away and then looks down at the fallen perp.

"Bag 'im and tag 'im, boys," Kujan grunts, "we finally got ourselves the loving Keyser. Pleasure doing business with you, lady."

"As a friend taught me recently, there is no pleasure, just business," the woman laughs, walking out of the warehouse clutching a file in her hand, "it's all just business."

Hal Incandenza aka Roger "Verbal" Kint, scum-aligned, has been eliminated Day 2.

It is now night 2. You have 24 hours to get in night actions. Please be as prompt as possible!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

quote:

Washington, D.C. Secret CIA Think Tank - July 10th, 1997 8:00 AM

A week removed from the murder of the President and Washington still seems to be in a state of panic. There was the incident back on the sixth where a man was thrown from a moving plane. They never did find his body. There was also the gruesome murder of an investment banker, tortured and killed in an abandoned home on the outskirts of the city.

The big news, of course, was the apprehension of a murderer. While he had been seen killing Corleone in broad daylight, John Rambo had been killed apparently attempting another murder on a DC power-player. Authorities are even questioning if the old soldier had a hand in killing the President.

"A framejob," Dr. J mutters.

"Are you any closer to the truth, then?" his assistant asks.

"Not quite, Wan Li. However, I fear the closer we get the more treacherous the path."

mr.capps has been ejected from the game. He did not flip.

Jamuraan aka Johnny, town-aligned, has been killed Night 2.

Barehanded Brother aka John Rambo, town-aligned, has been killed Night 2.

It is now Day 3. With 17 alive, it is 9 votes to lynch. Day ends at 11:00 PM EST on Thursday or whenever consensus is met.

Cartridgeblowers fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jul 1, 2014

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I'm going to come out and say this now since it has a lot of people questioning the integrity of a game they don't even really like in the first place: There are no lies or omissions in your roles. What you see is what you get. If you ever have a question about your role please ask.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

quote:

Police Squad Headquarters, Washington DC Division - July 10th, 1997, 12:43 PM

"Now, Ed, I don't see what the problem is here," the white-haired police detective says. "You've got a pile of corpses but no one to climb it like at Iwo Jima. That's my job. I'm a detective, Ed. I'm Police Squad."

Captain Hocken places his hand on Frank's shoulder.

"I just dunno if we should be getting involved," he sighs. "This is FBI stuff above our paygrade, I think."

"I've saved the queen of England, the Academy Awards, and I even saved this candy bar in my coat pocket for when I'm feeling low." Frank pulls out an Apollo bar and quickly puts it back into his pocket. "If I can save those, I can save this city. C'mon, Ed!"

Frank reaches for his coat but when he does a bullet whizzes through the window. It crashes through his chest and he falls to the ground in a scream of agony. Ed and another officer rush to his side.

"Drebin!" screams Nordberg.

"Frank!" screams Ed.

"Y-... you're both right..." Frank says before dying.

CCKeane aka Frank Drebin, town-aligned, has been shot day 3.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I'm hearing that some players would prefer a longer day. Deadline is set for 11 PM EST tonight but if you'd all rather push that to Friday I can.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

quote:

A Rundown Hostel In Downtown DC - July 10th, 1997

"You're going to have to leave," Harry says to the man sitting calmly in the kitchen. "Unless you want trouble?"

"No trouble," the man replies. The taller of the two criminals, Marv, has a gun on the poor old landlady. "Explain what you're doing again before I go?"

"This city's ripe for the picking," Marv smiles. "Killers and criminals are running this town now. We're just two nobodies fresh out of the clink who're here for the harvest." Harry laughs and waves his own gun toward the door, expecting our man to leave. Finally, he closes his eyes and balls his fingers into fists.

"Violence... crime..." he grunts, "it's everywhere I go. No escapin', is there? HUH? IS THERE?" Harry and Marv exchange glances and Harry steadies his pistol. "That's it? I come here to... get away from it and it's everywhere. Fuckers. Screwheads. I'm just so tired of it. SO TIRED."

As he screams his last sentence, the man reaches for Harry's pistol and the gunshot blasts through the wall behind him. Harry eats a faceful of fist before Marv can even react and the man lunges to tackle him to the ground. A headbutt knocks the second bandit cold. Finally, the man stands and wipes the dirt from his wifebeater.

"People didn't want me here but I'm here to stay. Now I see it clearly. My whole life is pointed in one direction. I see that now. There never has been any choice for me." The man walks out of the hostel and out to his yellow car. He rides into the night.

Big Nothing has NOT been lynched. He is still a part of the game, however the day will continue for an extra two hours and therein he may not be lynched again.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Puntification posted:

Wait is the day still open and we get to lynch again?

Yes.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Though more time was given, the future refused to change.

Day 3 has ended. Night actions are due within 24 hours.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

quote:

Washington, D.C. Secret CIA Think Tank - July 11th, 1997 10:00 AM

Wan Li arrives in the morning, having delivered the letter his mentor had asked him to deliver. He adjusts his baseball cap and walks into the office, but finds a police officer sitting on the desk holding Dr. J's hat.

"What is this?" Wan Li asks.

"You're Wan Li, alias Short Round?" the officer asks. "I'm sorry, but Dr. Jones was found dead last night. Bitten by snakes of all things in a dingy dungeon. Second killing like that in the last week. We were hoping you had a way of contacting his next of kin."

Wan Li erupts into tears and bows his head.

"Now what of his League?" Li asks. "What of us all?"

quote:

The Rented Apartment of Sarah Connor - July 11th, 1997 10:00 AM

"And you didn't do this?" the man in the suit asks Bond. Bond merely shakes his head slowly. The man with the green tie kneels down to the bloodied, bullet-ridden body and reaches into her pockets. He pulls out a small computer chip and smiles.

"Doesn't matter. We got what we needed. Sorry, Mrs. Connor, for however this happened. There's simply no place for you in our future." The two men walk out of the apartment just as the police finally arrive to investigate the scene.

quote:

A Small Forrest In Virginia - July 11th, 1997 10:00 AM

A dirt-covered hand emerges from the woods. His eyes burning with rage, mr.capps returns to the city, ready to begin work anew.

Merk, aka Harry Callahan, town-aligned, was killed Night 3.

Rarity, aka Sarah Connor, town-aligned, was killed Night 3.

Puntification, aka Dr. Indiana Jones, town-aligned, was killed Night 3.

mr.capps has turned up alive and returned to the game!

Day Four has begun (sorry it took so long - July 4th was murder). With 14 players alive it takes 8 to lynch. Deadline will be Monday at 8:00!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Pinterest Mom makes a connection in his head. He knows now who has wronged whom.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

mr.capps posted:

drat it little mac I asked for extreme ways to be played when I came back to life.

it's there

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

quote:

A Streetcorner In Downtown DC - July 11th, 1997 2:35 PM

After leaving Connor's apartment, Travis walks for hours. He'd seen her holding the gun. She was a killer. She had to be. He was gone, though, and he'd just kept walking. For hours. Finally he stops into a corner store. his shoulder still bleeding from where Connor had stabbed him the night before.

"Bathroom," Travis grunts. The cashier shrieks and hits a button underneath her register.

"O-over there..." she points.

Minutes later Travis emerges, still as dirty as ever, the blood not washed from his hands, arm, or face. He walks out the front door of the 7/11 to find it surrounded by policemen.

"Sir," one cop yells. "Step forward and place your hands behind your head! Do it NOW!" The other cops join in, all yelling and screaming. Travis' head starts to hurt and he just wants that hurt to go away. So he reached into his pocket.

The cops fire round after round into Travis' chest and abdomen. With each shot his body flops around in the air. Finally, he slumps against a wall. He pulls his hand out of his pocket and forms a gun with his fingers, holding it up to his head.

"Bang," says Travis Bickle as he dies.

Big Nothing, aka Travis Bickle, self-aligned (serial killer) has been killed Day 4.

It is now night. You have 24 hours to submit night actions, though the earlier the better!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

quote:

Arlington Memorial Cemetery, Washington DC - July 15th, 1997 12:00 PM

Mourners gather for the funeral of Dr. Henry Jones, Jr. His son, Henry III, reads from a eulogy. The son is surrounded by family: other children, grandchildren, great grandchildren. Wan Li, the confidante of Dr. Jones, embraces Henry III as he steps down.

Jones was celebrated as a hero. A savior. A leader. A man stands at the edge of the service, watching from behind a pillar. He adjusts his tie and marches out into the sunlight, hoping to take up where the old man left off.

quote:

Washington, D.C. Secret CIA Think Tank - July 15th, 1997 12:00 PM

"This what you needed?" the man in the green tie asks. He holds up a small key

"Quite," asserts the woman. "Have Bond deliver it to our men right away. We need to find the case and get it to the team in the lab. We're so close now. We can't let victory slip through our fingers now."

No one has died.

It is now Day 5. With 12 alive it takes 7 votes to lynch. Deadline is Tuesday at 11 PM EST.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

quote:

The Hilton Washington Ballroom - July 16th, 1997, 8:45 PM

A figure walks through the halls of the Hilton hotel until finally stopping in front of the ballroom. They sigh for a moment and then turn for the elevators when they're met by a cadre of police.

"FREEZE!" one yells. Tearshed holds his hands up as officers surround him. One talks quietly into a radio and the other officers seem to defer to him. Finally, he holds his hand up.

"Got the wrong person," the cop barks. "Sorry about that. Looks like you've gotten a reprieve." Tearshed stares at the officers for a moment and smiles happily before entering the elevator. Suddenly, the cop gets another order through their radio and turns to a man within their group.

"You, who're you with?" he asks.

"P.I.," the man replies.

"Shaft? John Shaft?"

"drat right."

The cop, his eyes glazed over, raises his gun and fires it into Shaft's chest. He screams curse words, falling on the floor in a puddle of his own blood. He writhes in pain as the other officers tackle their chief. In the hotel lobby of Washington Hilton, another hero dies.

Tearshed has been pardoned for the day. The person with the next-most votes is lynched, and as a result of a coin-flip it is:

Fiery_Valkyrie aka Det. John Shaft, town-aligned, has been lynched Day 5.

It is now Night 5. Submit night actions ASAP for maximum effectiveness!

Cartridgeblowers fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jul 9, 2014

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

quote:

A Press Conference Outside Of Washington DC City Hall - July 18th, 1997 10:00 AM

Mayor Wilkins steps up to the podium amid flashes of camera light and the hushing of reporters. He shuffles some cards and speaks strongly into the microphone.

"Citizens of Washington and the world," he begins, "my office called this conference for two reasons. I'd like to first address the recent rash actions by our police force. An innocent man was killed two days ago in public by one of our own officers. That man is under psychiatric review and has been suspended from the force indefinitely. Additionally, until further notice, all members of the DCPD are under review by internal affairs and we assure you that the public scrutiny we have received in the wake of the recent spree of killings on our streets will not go unaddressed.

"Secondly, I wanted to address the rumors that are indeed true. Yesterday around six in the morning officers received a call from a landlord downtown informing us of another body, this one being one of the FBI's top ten most wanted, a wanted killer by the name of Dr. Hannibal Lecter. While we cannot as of press time connect Dr. Lecter to previous killings in the city and have no leads on the culprit, we thought it best to confirm these reports before rumor spread further. I have time for a few questions."

The mayor points to a man in the crowd.

"Joe Rossi, Los Angeles Tribune. Can you address the rumors of multiple murder weapons being found on the scene of Dr. Lecter's killing?"

"Dr. Lecter was found with both bullet wounds and a massive knife wound. Anything other than that is mere speculation. Next question."

"Jack McGee, National Register. Any truth to the insinuation that there is a connection between the murders here and the assassination of the President?"

"No comment. Last question, Mr. Knox."

"Alexander Knox, Gotham Globe. How about telling us whether or not the interim President was responsible for calling this press conference and whether or not the administration was behind the subsequent crackdown on and suspension of multiple DCPD officers?"

"I don't work for the US Government, Alex, I work for the people. No further questions."

Mayor Wilkins walks back inside. As he does, he turns to his right and nods his head toward a woman who stands and smiles gently at him.

Asiina aka Dr. Hannibal Lecter, town-aligned, has died Night Five.

It is now Day 6. Deadline will be 10 PM EST on Thursday. With 10 alive, it takes six to lynch.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

quote:

A Government Laboratory Near The Pentagon - July 21st, 1997 4:30 PM

"Is it ready?" the woman asks, sipping a martini made by the man in the tuxedo. The man in the green tie sips from a flask. A tiny scientist stands before them, adjusting his glasses.

"Well, ma'am," he begins, "I'm not sure if you understand the magnitude of what we're trying to undertake here. We're combining technologies that weren't necessarily made to work together. If Dr. Brown were still here, we could-"

"He's not," the man in the tie grunts, "so instead tell us good news."

"The item taken from Dr. Jones has helped us, though not as much as our original request. We can be active by... August at the earliest." The woman shatters her martini in her hand.

"August? I need this done before I'm officially sworn in," she yells. "It's taken everything I've got to continually postpone it. To keep the most powerful nation in the world without a leader for weeks is an extreme undertaking, and once I'm in the office there will be that many more eyes upon me. I need it down now. Now, Dr. Jabituya-"

"It's Jahrvi," the man in the green tie responds, smiling.

"Whatever," the Vice-President scowls. "Doctor, I'm going to need your team to finish this yesterday, and if they need to use Brown's work to do so I don't care. Do you even understand what we have here? It's a computer system capable of controlling all the world's militaries at once. It's a learning program, one that can change and adapt to new challenges and threats. It will rule the world, a nuclear weapon pointed directly at every city on the globe, and it will answer only to us."

"Well, to me, actually," the suited man smiles. He stands as the woman turns to face him, her face fuming with rage. "I'm beginning to bore with a lot of this, honestly, so let's just throw our cards on the table. I realize, Madam Vice-President, that we made a business deal and I realize that I should honor that, however I've had a long time to reflect on trusting others with power. I've come to the conclusion that I'd rather not share. I've paid off some of your men to program the machine to not accept your input, only mine, but it's okay, Eleanor. In the end, you'll still be President."

"Idiot," she spits, "do you have any idea how much power I'd have to give up at this point to be President? It took me years to get to where I am now. I've had to sacrifice so many lives. My husband, my son, both dead. And you want to make that all for nothing!? After all I've done for YOU and you're going to stand here and treat me like this wasn't all MY plan!?"

"Eleanor, please. Restrain yourself. You're going to do something we'll both regret."

The Vice-President rushes at the man with the green tie. He dodges and she turns, charging again. This time she flies directly into a nearby terminal, sending sparks and metal directly into her skull. The man in the suit and tie sighs and grabs a pistol from the still-frozen man in the tuxedo.

"So sorry, Mrs. Shaw," the suit laughs, "looks like you won't be up for re-election next year." She struggles from the ground but he unloads a bullet into her brain.

"Now Doctor, you and your team take all the time you need. We're in no rush here. And James? Clean that up, will you?"

tearshed aka Vice-President Eleanor Prentiss-Shaw, scum-aligned, has died Day 6.

It's now Night 6. Submit night actions if you please! If you would rather abstain, please tell me so instead of not sending anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

quote:

A Suburban House Just Outside DC - July 23rd, 1997, 12:00 PM

Caroline holds her newest baby close as she hears a knock at the door. She places the child in a rocking bed and opens the front door, only to find a package on the front porch. No address. No names. An unmarked cardboard box.

She opens the box to find an American flag and a medal that her husband always carried on him. Along with the flag is a large sum of money, presumably from the government. Caroline weeps as her other children enter the room.

"Where's daddy?" Sally asks, tugging on her mom's shirt. She breaks down and hugs her daughter tightly, knowing that she may never know exactly what business her husband was mixed up in.

???.JPG
mr.capps aka [REDACTED], :iiam:-aligned, has been killed Night 6.

It is now Day 7. With eight alive it will take five to lynch. Deadline is Friday at noon EST.

• Locked thread