Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Them making you to spend a dollar to buy a game and then beat it to unlock some secret announcement is a terrible way to market something.

the secret still won't be half life 3 and that progress bar is a lie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
Its to announce a new steam sale. jokes on them, ive already bought everything

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

what challenge

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

i beat the potato challenge and got one of every valve game :wom:

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

i dont know what you're talking about op

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

It'll probably just be some useless information about steam box or os or whatever but if it's a good game for cheap I might do it anyway because it sounds fun :shrug:

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

what challenge

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Jackie D posted:

what challenge

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I just took the Pepsi challenge op

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
I challenge you to make a better thread next time.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1Gi1GZN1SA

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

didn't that lady who got fired basically say hl3 was dead because nobody wanted to risk their hugeass bonus to actually make a game?

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...

lol

Dec 26, 2012

ForeverSmug posted:

didn't that lady who got fired basically say hl3 was dead because nobody wanted to risk their hugeass bonus to actually make a game?

unless hl3 is restructured as an everflowing money fountain rather than something you might want to actually play its probably never coming out

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
if half life 3 comes out it means that valve stopped making absurd money on hats, virtual dota books, and summer sales

(not for a long loving time)

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Pumroy posted:

what challenge

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

they also said they weren't gonna make any games that didn't have online components back when Portal 2 came out so HL3 would be poo poo if it came out anyway.

although portal 2's mp was such a clusterfuck that maybe they decided against that. remember that portal 2 has hats, lol

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Mr. Pumroy posted:

what challenge

-what i say every time i play a valve game

because they are easy

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

ForeverSmug posted:

they also said they weren't gonna make any games that didn't have online components back when Portal 2 came out so HL3 would be poo poo if it came out anyway.

although portal 2's mp was such a clusterfuck that maybe they decided against that. remember that portal 2 has hats, lol

portal 2's mp was the best part of the game

surc
Aug 17, 2004

We are all, HL3.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

ForeverSmug posted:

although portal 2's mp was such a clusterfuck that maybe they decided against that.

I don't understand how you manage to be so consistently and aggressively wrong

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

it wasnt fun after you kill your friend the first 5 times

but i was more talking about the microtransation parts

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

ForeverSmug posted:

dark souls is a pretty good way to integrate multiplayer into what is essentially a solid single player experience, maybe that's what they meant.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

notZaar posted:

dark souls is a pretty good way to integrate multiplayer into what is essentially a solid single player experience, maybe that's what they meant.

:darksouls:

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

ForeverSmug posted:

hosed up if true

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
Wow I can't believe valve isn't making the third sequel in a loving post apocalyptic alien zombie first person shooter franchise featuring linear corridors what a goddamned tragedy

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
:qq: I will never know the fate of my digital wife

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

is this the most amazing video i have ever seen in my entire life

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I was picturing something like l4d in hl3 except adding the ping tool from p2 mp to be able to direct ai when playing solo.

What I really want is the secret tech on the borealis to be a gun that sprays the gel so it's tag with guns.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Jackie D posted:

what challenge

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

MOTHERFUKER WHAT CHALLENGE ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT I AM NOT OPENING MY STEAM CLIENT TO FIND OUT

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
In the end, we find out that the Half-Life 3 was inside of us all along~

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
hl2 on the xbox is loving hilarious

you have like a 60 degree cone of autoaim, it's harder not to hit things than it is to hit them

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Mr. Pumroy posted:

MOTHERFUKER WHAT CHALLENGE ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT I AM NOT OPENING MY STEAM CLIENT TO FIND OUT

I think it starts like when E3 does

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Pumroy posted:

i already checked there's nothing in the client about it either. i think we have been 'trolled'

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

I'd assumed it had something to do with that dinosaur game because it's only a dollar but I guess not

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I'd assumed it had something to do with that dinosaur game because it's only a dollar but I guess not

I assumed it was a dollar because its terrible :shrug:

Buckwild Dorf
Apr 5, 2011

by XyloJW
I want the E3 reveal trailer to be freaking like, g man talking to the play and talking about what time it is. How he has ominous places to be, then A portal opens up in the dark room and it's Alex in a orange jumpsuit (portal reference) and she blasts g mans head off with the raven holm shotgun. Gordon grabs her hand she says We can save my dad. That'd be epic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Jackie D posted:

I assumed it was a dollar because its terrible :shrug:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the case and I was just jumping to conclusions.

• Locked thread