Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
My favorite class is the Uninstall Wizard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vhadka
Apr 30, 2009

Is there a single person outside of MAYBE the mmohmo thread for this game that gives a gently caress what alts someone makes?

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006

Vhadka posted:

Is there a single person outside of MAYBE the mmohmo thread for this game that gives a gently caress what alts someone makes?

its an e/n thread

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.
hey OP

abandon this thread

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Mash posted:

hey OP

abandon this thread

:iceburn:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

SunAndSpring posted:

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
you guys aren't posting your guys.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

FauxGateau posted:

you guys aren't posting your guys.

this is my guy: :)

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

SunAndSpring posted:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

So they took the dungeon design from Skyrim that felt more like amusement park funhouses than anything resembling actual building layout and then doubled down on that laziness.

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
its that time again guys.
i decided that my dragonknight wizard Ennas Salenim (currently lvl.18) should have a hand to hand backup weapon so i went with dual wield daggers. all the weapon skill lines have ways to play defensively, 2handed and 1handed+shield are both different ways to tank mainly but dual wield gives you sneaky things like blinding enemies and siphoning health and long range snares. so my plan is to have destruction staff and ardent flame as the damage cannon and the daggers as a kind of defense/support box of tricks

PYRO BAR (flame staff): force pulse, fire clench, unstable flame, obsidian shard, either igneous weapons or fire blockade depending, shifting standard
STABBY BAR (dual daggers): blood craze, burning talons, engulfing flames, blinding fury, razor armor, shifting standard

i'm going to dump force pulse because it sucks, it's meant to have splash damage but i never noticed it do anythingmore than what the basic unmorphed move does. the other morph interrupts casters which is a lot better. i'm not sure about shifting standard, basically it lets you re-cast dragonknight standard (i.e. big area channel of damage and debuffs) partway through to move it about so you can be more dynamic which is cool but a lot of internet people say it's no good because of the opportunity cost of not having the other morph, standard of might, which is a big rear end buff to your whole team's attack and defense abilities and is the main reason dragonknights are branded as overpowered. hrmery

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
yes

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
here's my eso* character

*elder scrolls OFFLINE you scrublords

Vhadka
Apr 30, 2009

Abandon posted:

its that time again guys.
i decided that my dragonknight wizard Ennas Salenim (currently lvl.18) should have a hand to hand backup weapon so i went with dual wield daggers. all the weapon skill lines have ways to play defensively, 2handed and 1handed+shield are both different ways to tank mainly but dual wield gives you sneaky things like blinding enemies and siphoning health and long range snares. so my plan is to have destruction staff and ardent flame as the damage cannon and the daggers as a kind of defense/support box of tricks

PYRO BAR (flame staff): force pulse, fire clench, unstable flame, obsidian shard, either igneous weapons or fire blockade depending, shifting standard
STABBY BAR (dual daggers): blood craze, burning talons, engulfing flames, blinding fury, razor armor, shifting standard

i'm going to dump force pulse because it sucks, it's meant to have splash damage but i never noticed it do anythingmore than what the basic unmorphed move does. the other morph interrupts casters which is a lot better. i'm not sure about shifting standard, basically it lets you re-cast dragonknight standard (i.e. big area channel of damage and debuffs) partway through to move it about so you can be more dynamic which is cool but a lot of internet people say it's no good because of the opportunity cost of not having the other morph, standard of might, which is a big rear end buff to your whole team's attack and defense abilities and is the main reason dragonknights are branded as overpowered. hrmery

Nobody gives a gently caress

Nobody will ever give a gently caress about your characters in a terrible mmo

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Vhadka posted:

Your very mean.

Vhadka
Apr 30, 2009

Wormskull posted:

Your very mean.

Only to ESO fans, because they deserve it for supporting something so terrible

AndyAML
Jul 24, 2006

HEY BASS WHY MUST I FIGHT YOU WE ARE NOT ENEMIES

Abandon posted:

No way...

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
hrmery

Dec 26, 2012

this thread is going to be admitted as evidence in an insanity plea some day

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

heres something to hrmer about op: wasting you're lif

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

01011001 posted:

this thread is going to be admitted as evidence in an insanity plea some day

does that mean that judge judy will read this someday?

HELLO JUDY

AM I FAMOUS YET

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

SunAndSpring posted:

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I'm not one to come into a thread about a game and be mad at someone having fun...but I'm mad as hell about this guy having fun in this awful game

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
Think about it this way, the guy have to like to eat poo poo to adapt to the current video game industry. We are like dinosaurs that will die of starvation while waiting for an actual good game.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

SunAndSpring posted:

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

i hope you get a hrmer in your brain op

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Vhadka posted:

:rolleyes: speak for yourself. reading about nerds mmo characters is the only way that i can attain an erection

Vhadka
Apr 30, 2009

Gobblecoque posted:

:rolleyes: speak for yourself. reading about nerds mmo characters is the only way that i can attain an erection

Ok, one person cares, but do you really want him to?

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

SunAndSpring posted:

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
im gonna plow through this poo poo one mnore time because im getting sick of this crap now
2 guys left. here they are dick shits

GETHYN, bosmer nightblade

i'm just playing the nightblade class straight as far as i can tell because i still don't really get nightblades. it's weird mmo pseudo-stealth and ultimately what nightblades are really about is doing burst damage to stuff and dodging taking damage yourself. with this in mind i've made the guy an archer and dual dagger wielder

AIR BAR (bow): venom arrow, scatter shot, strife, killer's blade, agony, death stroke
DARKNESS BAR (dual daggers): blood craze, lotus fan, agony, surprise attack, shadowy disguise, consuming darkness

most of those are unmorphed and i don't know what i'm doing with them really, nightblade moves are weird

BJARNE THUNDER-SHIELD, nord sorcerer

i wanted to make an electric knight, like a knight that throws out lightning, but then i thought for "shits and giggles" i'd see if i could make it a tank build. as it turns out daedric summoning is full of moves that let you make a vaguely unorthodox tank. eventually you can unlock bound armour which is the most obvious tank move but for now i've got a bound clannfear summon as a little assistant tank following me around

MAIN BAR (greatsword): brawler, stampede, thundering presence, crystal fragments, unstable clannfear, greater storm atronach
UTILITY BAR (mace and shield): pierce armor, immovable, thundering presence, explosive curse, unstable clannfear, negate magic

i spend most of the time on the 2 handed bar (i've got a greatsword with a health siphoning enchantment and keep spamming thundering presence and that's basically enough for me to just stand there not taking any damage) but it might prove to be a problem because eventually sword and shield gets the better passives for tanking. i might just swap the weapons over when i unlock shield charge (i want a charging opener on my main bar) and see how that goes

there that's it. no more guys. can't be bothered to think up anything else. gently caress this game

Abandon fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Aug 1, 2014

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
and I thought the faces in Oblivion looked bad...

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
yeah the wood elf has a hosed up face
i don't know why the character generator is in a poorly lit purple room in coldharbour instead of say what skyrim does, broad daylight, so you can see what your character looks like most of the time instead of almost never

they hosed that up with the dawnguard face modifier woman though. it's in a sewer with a bright unnatural light coming from somewhere. why do they suck at these things

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
Who changed the thread icon

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
so some smart mother fucker the other night was talking poo poo in aldmeri dominion zone chat about how you cant run a dual wielding dragonknight at end game and 2 handed is better for melee loving dps.

i blew through crypt of hearts with al-taneen last night, lvl 29, i was the one fuckin everything up with my curved swords
http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/1y0fk5/dualwield_vs_twohanded_the_flow_of_stamina/ look at these numbers

quote:

7 seconds to live - Two-hander only - Stamina 160 only
Uppercut
21dmg 60 stamina
Uppercut
21dmg 60 stamina
Reverse Slash 24dmg 32 stamina
Total = 66 damage 152 stamina
7 seconds to live - duel-wield only - stamina 160 only
Twin Slashes 1.5s
21 damage 18 stamina
Flurry 2s
24 damage 46 stamina
Flurry 2s
24 damage 46 stamina
Flurry 2s
24 damage 46 stamina
Total = 93 damage 156 stamina
Added a small delay (0.5s) to attacks for reaction time and swing speed. Two-hander runs out of stamina in the short time and has to turn to light and heavy attacks, while Dual wield can continue to throw out damage until the last moments of the 7 seconds.
This is only to your example for a short duration where you need to throw out all your stamina.

case fuckin closed bitch see you in pvp

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
Here's the new poo poo. New healer build.

This is SINGS-IN-CRESCENT-MOON, an argonian nightblade.
I was running group dungeons on my other nightblade and noticed how much I tended to just help my teammates by healing them and deflecting enemy attacks when on that character so wondered whether i could go all the way and make a kind of dark healer, like a witch doctor or something. It's gonna take a while to spec into the decent abilities but here's the story so far (low level, just one bar again)

VOODOO BAR (restoration staff): healing springs, impale, funnel health, blood altar, mutagen, soul shred

soul shred has a morph (soul siphon) that makes it heal teammates and there's a few more siphoning and shadow skills that heal as well, so there's plenty there to support a restoration staff. obv. you don't get the loving huge burst heals that the templar gets but i reckon that the nightblade is probably the next best class after templar for a healer plus you get to damage and gently caress up the enemy at the same time that you're healing. i like how blood altar has a nice creepy vibe as well, it fits together pretty nice

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!

Abandon posted:

im gonna plow through this poo poo one mnore time because im getting sick of this crap now
2 guys left. here they are dick shits

GETHYN, bosmer nightblade

i'm just playing the nightblade class straight as far as i can tell because i still don't really get nightblades. it's weird mmo pseudo-stealth and ultimately what nightblades are really about is doing burst damage to stuff and dodging taking damage yourself. with this in mind i've made the guy an archer and dual dagger wielder

AIR BAR (bow): venom arrow, scatter shot, strife, killer's blade, agony, death stroke
DARKNESS BAR (dual daggers): blood craze, lotus fan, agony, surprise attack, shadowy disguise, consuming darkness

most of those are unmorphed and i don't know what i'm doing with them really, nightblade moves are weird

BJARNE THUNDER-SHIELD, nord sorcerer

i wanted to make an electric knight, like a knight that throws out lightning, but then i thought for "shits and giggles" i'd see if i could make it a tank build. as it turns out daedric summoning is full of moves that let you make a vaguely unorthodox tank. eventually you can unlock bound armour which is the most obvious tank move but for now i've got a bound clannfear summon as a little assistant tank following me around

MAIN BAR (greatsword): brawler, stampede, thundering presence, crystal fragments, unstable clannfear, greater storm atronach
UTILITY BAR (mace and shield): pierce armor, immovable, thundering presence, explosive curse, unstable clannfear, negate magic

i spend most of the time on the 2 handed bar (i've got a greatsword with a health siphoning enchantment and keep spamming thundering presence and that's basically enough for me to just stand there not taking any damage) but it might prove to be a problem because eventually sword and shield gets the better passives for tanking. i might just swap the weapons over when i unlock shield charge (i want a charging opener on my main bar) and see how that goes

there that's it. no more guys. can't be bothered to think up anything else. gently caress this game

Abandon posted:

Who changed the thread icon

Abandon posted:

so some smart mother fucker the other night was talking poo poo in aldmeri dominion zone chat about how you cant run a dual wielding dragonknight at end game and 2 handed is better for melee loving dps.

i blew through crypt of hearts with al-taneen last night, lvl 29, i was the one fuckin everything up with my curved swords
http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/1y0fk5/dualwield_vs_twohanded_the_flow_of_stamina/ look at these numbers

case fuckin closed bitch see you in pvp

Abandon posted:

I was running group dungeons on my other nightblade and noticed how much I tended to just help my teammates by healing them and deflecting enemy attacks when on that character so wondered whether i could go all the way and make a kind of dark healer, like a witch doctor or something. It's gonna take a while to spec into the decent abilities but here's the story so far (low level, just one bar again)

VOODOO BAR (restoration staff): healing springs, impale, funnel health, blood altar, mutagen, soul shred

soul shred has a morph (soul siphon) that makes it heal teammates and there's a few more siphoning and shadow skills that heal as well, so there's plenty there to support a restoration staff. obv. you don't get the loving huge burst heals that the templar gets but i reckon that the nightblade is probably the next best class after templar for a healer plus you get to damage and gently caress up the enemy at the same time that you're healing. i like how blood altar has a nice creepy vibe as well, it fits together pretty nice

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
I gotta give it to him, he is persistent, too bad the only other guy that actually likes this lovely game don't have the balls to come out of the closet lol.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

Abandon posted:

you need to stop

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Abandon posted:

SINGS-IN-CRESCENT-MOON

cool name, might steal it for a spiritual bard d&d character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

quit this charade

• Locked thread