Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
if the us had 3x the population and 0.3x the infrastructure like in india, those remarks would be straight out of a republican senator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
get off my nuts vincent van goatse

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

Reported rapes per 100,000 people in India in 2012: 2.0

Same statistic for the US: 28.6

Most Indians male and female despise rape and hate the reputation recent high profile cases have given their country, but I wonder if it might be better if America should take a look at itself before pointing fingers at all the brown countries?

americans blow a gasket when people tell them this, because they are owned

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Lonely Virgil posted:

i agree. gang rape happen all the time on subways here. It's kind of like feeding frenzy every rush hours. We tolerate it because it's just another part of urban culture. i guess.

the more news worthy a rape is, the more important and rapey it is, i agree

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

this is class propaganda by the enemy

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Pochoclo posted:

I can almost smell the curry and rape coming from your post (I'm cool with curry though, it's delicious).

i know a guy who got robbed by a black last week so you're right they're criminals

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
feel free to willfully ignore inconvenient statistics so you can condemn other countries who at least have the excuse of deep poverty and post colonial growing pains :D

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

I'm not surprised that you are a man on the Internet hand waving away instances of horrific sexism to make things fit his own world view

Nobody said that the US doesn't have any rape, just that women don't get epidemic ally raped trying to take a poo poo here. But by all means, as a man I'm sure you know better

if you disregard hearsay from a stranger when trying to make an informed opinion that's mansplaining and a bigot or something

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
it's very gross and problematic how women aren't given a voice through second hand testimony from some nobody online

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
please do not mansplain using statistics or facts when i'm using touchy-feely anecdotes in an imperialist gesture to paint india as the rape capital of the world

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
it's about as clear as a moron's conscience that you're assigning undue importance to women's issue in india to justify your own superior world-view

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
There were 272350 sexual assaults in 2006 in the US. 1 sexual assault every 116 seconds, or about 1 every 2 minutes. You don't read about women getting date raped in India because it isn't socially acceptable over there. In the US it apparently is because they happen all the god damned time.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
india's rapes are more theatrical than ours which is why rape is endemic in india even though the statistics don't bear this out. they hung them from trees for fucks sake

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

That sounds like something hitler would say

you're down to shouting ironic catchphrases now. how low can your caricatures go before they become unintended autobiography

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

I guess to actually settle this issue we could send a bunch of girls to India, some to America, control for race age weight height, have them wear the same thing, do the same thing, and see who gets rapes first, I volunteer not me

the statistics are already available, but goons ignore and inflate them arbitrarily because of media fueled prejudice

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Butplug accident is my good friend, we are fellow social justice warriors In arms, so, I have revised my opinion, and instead think that India is actually really good right now, and that you are all imperialist bigots!

fly away concern troll. only i belong to the ranks of the good and the just

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
now that the worm has turned on my fucktard opinion it's time to go full retard

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

I stand by you, for justice, 100 percent

you seem to be hallucinating that you're on the side of good because you know the correct feminist snarl words, which is loving hilarious since youre arguing that india is a rape mecca based on nothing more than media buzz and hearsay

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Crewmine posted:

sorry i'm losing track of the irony now. you said people were mansplaining before when you were less ironic (?), are you a parody of yourself or buttplug or tumblr or what now

she's on autopilot doing her best attempt at level 2 irony, but she literally argued that india is the world rape capital because in india people got raped reporting their rapes.. all of twice ever. and of course hearsay

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

I'm glad he could...check my privilege

I'm not surprised that you are a man on the Internet hand waving away instances of horrific sexism to make things fit his own world view

Nobody said that the US doesn't have any rape, just that women don't get epidemic ally raped trying to take a poo poo here. But by all means, as a man I'm sure you know better

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
do NOT dismiss hearsay as being what it is, or you are denying your own privilege

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Then don't read the thread!!

If you kill this one there will be another one in a week.

On one side, we have gypsum fantastic. On the other, we have but plug, who was anti India until I said man splain, and now I know a magic word

i never posted anything anti india, and i only posted at you because of your self-important anecdotes. you really ought to clear those figments from your mind if you want to be a good ally

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Wow again, talking about women who were assaulted in a sexual assault thread? Please

to dismiss a rumor on the internet is very problematic, toxic, creepy and other buzzwords people use to caricature tumblr

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

I know right? It would be best if we disregarded all evidence entirely if it disagrees with our view that foreigners are bad people and that we are superior to them. By the way if you don't agree and try to be all 'facty' then you are some kind of bleeding heart SJW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
the uncomfortable truth is that statistically a white is more likely to rape someone than an indian

• Locked thread