Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JLaw
Feb 10, 2008

- harmless -

Ramagamma posted:

I've recorded all of episode 2 other than the secret level, it's been a bit of a bitch though, I've struggled with the all kills part of the play-through on a few levels despite going through them multiple times.

Are you have problems killing something, or can you just not find enough stuff to kill?

If the latter, then FYI: unmodified Quake has a bug where fish are counted twice for the total monster count. Some mods fix this, but if you're playing vanilla Quake you'll never be able to get 100% kills on a level that has fishies in it.

Edit: here's a handy fix for the fish problem if you want to see that magical 100% on the level-end screen: https://www.quaddicted.com/files/mods/q106fishfix.zip

JLaw fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jun 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JLaw
Feb 10, 2008

- harmless -

Ramagamma posted:

I'm using a mod called Ultimate Quake, I'm unsure how it affects this fish but but certainly it seems impossible to find that last enemy on a couple of levels.

If you're talking about the "Ultimate Quake Patch" from the Steam forums, that's not a mod (in the Quake sense of the word), just a bundle of the soundtrack music files and an old version of the DarkPlaces engine. You can run the fishfix mod or any other Quake mod with it if you like.

There are also a few spots in the Quake maps where there are secret-ish rooms that aren't marked as secrets, some of which contain badguys. For example this guy's woes: http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-help/general-help/10791-missing-enemies.html

• Locked thread