Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
are old movies ever funny
sometimes, for instance Space Balls.
no, a decade after a movie is made it stops being funny. all movies we currently find funny will suffer the same fate. death is certain. hail satan
hmm...not sure op
View Results

• Locked thread
redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
I disagree. I've watched both Caddyshack and Airplane recently, and found Caddyshack to still be funny, while Airplane, not so much. The first half of Airplane is played pretty straight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Caddyshack is really about the lower class struggles to succeed in a capitalist dystopia.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Movies back in the 70's and 80's had underlying stories and poo poo.

For instance, in Caddyshack, Danny Noonan is one of 23 Catholic children in the same family and thus has very limited options in life. That's why winning the big golf tournament is such a big deal. Also, that his Irish GF is not pregnant.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Has anyone seen a Police Academy movie recently?

I'm kinda curious to do so, because I am sure they are now absolutely terrible when back in the day they were pretty funny.

No evidence though.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

BigBoss posted:

I don't think anyone considers Police Academy some sort of timeless classic like the shitheaps Animal House and Caddyshack.

The premise of this thread is not classics that are not classics, but rather simply funny movies that are no longer funny.

Police Academy movies were once funny - this is a box office fact, backed by the insane number of sequels.

However, are they still funny? No one knows, apparently.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Spinal Tap definitely holds up and I'd like to see some wanker say it doesn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

nomadologique posted:

you've really "got the lingo" eh?

French fries are called "chips".

• Locked thread