Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Was your innocence taken by Maleficent?
Yes
No
I don't really remember, but my cornhole sure hurts.
View Results

• Locked thread
Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
Wasn't Maleficent the villain in sleeping beauty?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Funnypost Collabo posted:

Nice it's almost like you watched the trailer for the new Summer Blockbuster, "Maleficent"

or, you know, I watched Sleeping Beauty as a kid. The distinction is hard to see, but it is there.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Effectronica posted:

america is a single person? christ you're retarded. maybe you should go write for arianna huffington.

movies only rarely have a single artist, nor are the creators of a movie intended for children to be able to watch going to come out and say yes or no to an interpretation like this.

movies never have a single artist. A few artists make the key frame. Even Walt Disney didn't do all his animation work

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Jeffrey posted:

If you have consensual sex with someone, and then cut off their arms while they are sleeping, was the sex rape? The answer may surprise you.

I hope not. I don't want to be a rapist

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Zzulu posted:

angelina jolie is a hot milf

thanks for telling everyone what we already know. You are a boon to this community

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Ilikedirt posted:

i would argue with a movie as commercial as this one that any real message or symbolism originally intended is just washed out over time by commitee, notes, producer suggestions until it just gets made.

look im not saying you couldnt INTERPRET a scene in a childrens movie as being about rape but honestly its a stretch and spending any amount of time talking about it is wasted energy on things that could actually you know help rape survivors or prevent rape

wait, I didn't actually read the thread. This is a real movie?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

you irl posted:

is what a real movie? this thread is about a book..

this isn't the game of thrones thread

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Effectronica posted:

it's funny how people think that interpreting violence during a sexual moment as sexualized violence is a mental leap of incredible proportions

if I slap a bitch's rear end and she moans, I'm inclined to do it again

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

you irl posted:

i would rather be raped than read one more post in this thread

you can't want to be raped. That doesn't make any sense.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Hobohemian posted:

I don't think anybody has ever agreed with you in any thread. You always do seem to try to pretend they do though, without fail.

I think I did once. He likes to talk, I would say he likes the sound of his own voice, but this is text

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

powerful weedlock posted:

hey efftronica your gimmick would be way more funny if it wasn't legit gbs 1.0 wrongpinions. have an iota of selfawareness you poo poo :fuckoff:

at least he's trying to be funny

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Please keep empty quoting in lue of a personality

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

butplug accident posted:

you have no discernible characteristics at all

I type things sometimes. What is your discernible characteristic Butt Plug?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

babypolis posted:

uh soooo wrong hes the dude wth the real lovely avatar

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Sir John Feelgood posted:

What % of the internet is now radioactively terrible because of dull minds colliding with critical theory?

don't know. How big is Japan?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

butplug accident posted:

im your worst loving nightmare

I doubt that you are a zombie wearing blue banana boxer shorts

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

holy christ. what retard payed $30 for that?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

it was? gently caress! i was really drunk last night

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

a hole-y ghost posted:

yeah I have photo graphic evidence

at least now I know where that $30 went

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

psyopmonkey posted:

Whats that movie with Keanu Reeves where hes like fighting hell and stuff?

There is a hot skinny angel chick at the end that loses her wings I think.

Keanu "angel raper" Reeves

Constantine

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
he doesn't rape the angel, she takes his cancer away

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Hobohemian posted:

Satan takes his cancer away by penetrating his body against his will with...:aaaaa:.

I thought the archangel did that. It has been along time since I watched that bad movie.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Literally The Worst posted:

nope devil does it

in the comic its cooler b/c hes diagnosed w/ cancer right after he loses his soul to the first lord of hell by insult, so he sells his soul to the other two without any of the others knowing, then kills himself, and when they show up for his soul is like WELP guess you gotta cure my cancer and fix the slit wrists so that you dont waste time fighting each other over me while heaven fucks you up

then he gives them the finger for it

that I knew. He kicks over the light that made the holy water beer.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Hobohemian posted:

Oh, a comic book reader. No wonder you have trouble with narrative theory.

comics are fun if you don't take them to seriously

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Hobohemian posted:

Watching comic book movies is fun. Reading comic books is like a waste of literacy.

then i wasted a whole lot of reading. And don't want to stop anytime soon.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Hobohemian posted:

Are you kidding me dude? You don't even have to look hard in the Little Mermaid. The female protagonist gives up her voice so she can be with the male protagonist. How hosed is that?

disney poo poo? amiright?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Love Rat posted:

The thing about weird or hosed up subtext is that it actually serves to make art more interesting. I think what irritates me is how politicos try to use subtext to indict works of art--it's not merely troubling or disruptive, it's actually harmful. Troubling and ugly ideas can actually add tension and power to a movie, even if it's not progressive or nice. I met someone one time who said any art work with rape is inherently beyond the pale of acceptability. But that eliminates a lot of top shelf stuff. Part of what makes movies appealing is the way they tweak and exploit vulnerabilities. Alien is all about rape; that's what makes it an effective horror movie. It's cathartic.

you typed alot to say nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Love Rat posted:

If we combined every post of yours in this thread, what I wrote would still have more substance.

maybe,but at least mine would make some loving sense.

• Locked thread