Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is LeBron James' best nickname?
This poll is closed.
The King 15 13.27%
LeBronze 9 7.96%
LeCramp 20 17.70%
LeChamp 0 0%
LeIDon'tGiveAShitWhatYouCallMeBecauseIMakeWayMoreMoneyThanYou 19 16.81%
Cleveland Sucks 44 38.94%
Other (explain) 6 5.31%
Total: 113 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

a Bashez-only GDT separate from the main one would be pretty funny like the Scoobi baseball one a few years back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Lessail posted:

how about also making it probatable to mention how the game is over when the score is within twenty before the first half is even over
No because it doesn't come close to that one time a dude said gently caress this game over I'm out to play beer pong

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

A very physical team benefits over a finesse team in a loosely called game, even when the calls are all fair. Tighter calls benefit the finesse teams.

BEHOLD: MY CAPE
Jan 11, 2004

Faltese Malkin posted:

Real talk: I like the idea of no talking about officiating until the 4th quarter, and even then it should be held until like the last 3 minutes.

Fun talk: Ban people who are whining about something and not mentioning how awesome this series is/will be

No joke, this series already has 7 quarters of hard fought competitive basketball, momentous drama with the AC bullshit, and a triumphant comeback game from LeBron

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

a Bashez-only GDT separate from the main one would be pretty funny like the Scoobi baseball one a few years back

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Bashez posted:

Why shouldn't we talk about these things? They are important.

cause it's awful to read

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Still wondering why Tony was the one who shot the flagrant FTs

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Magnus Gallant posted:

Come on man, I was kidding.
Yeah, I figured, but I always get the feeling Bashez is half-kidding or at least sees the humor in a lot of stuff he says too. Besides the Miami Bashez is PTZ-

PantsFreeZone posted:

The late whistles were the only questionable thing.

PantsFreeZone posted:

Ray Allen drives, gets whacked but fails to flop properly so no whistle. loving hell.

PantsFreeZone posted:

Garbage calls.

PantsFreeZone posted:

If the Spurs were called for a third of the push in the backs they commit, they'd have to play with 3 guys the entire 2nd half.

bushes
Nov 6, 2003

Kids running around naked fuckin' in the bushes
I thought the second half of the game when things settled down a bit was really entertaining, no? I could easily see a similar situation play out in Miami with the Spurs snatching a win in the last couple minutes. I want 7 Games dammit!

Strawberry Panda posted:

I thought that was a well officiated game for the most part.

Let's not go overboard.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

SourKraut posted:

How does that relate to them bricking free throws? My whole focus was around the fact that they start missing FTs when it matters most.

That's not really a fact, that's just an anecdote but you're an idiot bitch fucker that believes in things like clutch

sd6
Jan 14, 2008

This has all been posted before, and it will all be posted again
The officiating was pretty garbage but the Spurs threw this one away. Four consecutive missed free throws, gave up some wide open 3's, and generally just got away from their game plan in those last minutes. The ball was sticking a LOT.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Yeah, I figured, but I always get the feeling Bashez is half-kidding or at least sees the humor in a lot of stuff he says too. Besides the Miami Bashez is PTZ-

4 posts and 1 of them was WAY after the game. Good call though.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

PantsFreeZone posted:

4 posts and 1 of them was WAY after the game. Good call though.
You make up for quantity with quality. :)

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

TheFallenEvincar posted:

You make up for quantity with quality. :)

I want to hate you but you make sense.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

bushes posted:

I thought the second half of the game when things settled down a bit was really entertaining, no? I could easily see a similar situation play out in Miami with the Spurs snatching a win in the last couple minutes. I want 7 Games dammit!

it could easily happen the Spurs are more than capable of winning a game or two in Miami which is why people acting like it's a conclusion that Miami is going to win both at home and then win the series are being dumb as gently caress cause yeah it's a possibility but stop overreacting to stuff the Spurs are really good. Both games were awesome and both teams have so many players capable of getting hot and going off it makes these games so fun to watch.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
This is a convenient time for the finals to switch to 2-2-1-1-1

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Jota posted:

it could easily happen the Spurs are more than capable of winning a game or two in Miami which is why people acting like it's a conclusion that Miami is going to win both at home and then win the series are being dumb as gently caress cause yeah it's a possibility but stop overreacting to stuff the Spurs are really good

but the refs

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Jota posted:

it could easily happen the Spurs are more than capable of winning a game or two in Miami which is why people acting like it's a conclusion that Miami is going to win both at home and then win the series are being dumb as gently caress cause yeah it's a possibility but stop overreacting to stuff the Spurs are really good

It was a bad night for the Spurs, and a good night for Mark Jackson.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Declan MacManus posted:

That's not really a fact, that's just an anecdote but you're an idiot bitch fucker that believes in things like clutch

I don't believe in "clutch", I do think that pressure impacts players just as it would anyone or, at least in Parker's case, a hard elbow to the chest.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
I'm not goin to lie I am 100% ok with banning ref chat. It's only going to be spurs and heat fans taking pot shots at each other the whole time. I'm guilty of it as well.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

nachos posted:

Make the finals seven games in seven days at a neutral site. The Finals are now known as The Gauntlet.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Yeah, I figured, but I always get the feeling Bashez is half-kidding or at least sees the humor in a lot of stuff he says too.

I'm pretty self aware. My sense of humor often involves setting myself up as the joke. If you don't understand I'm joking I'll just look dumb to you.

I actually find that funnier than when people understand that I'm joking.

It's a lot harder to do over the internet, my favorite example being when I said that Tony Parker is clearly better than Derrick Rose but he only looked worse in a game they played against each other because Parker was being guarded by Rose and Rose was only being guarded by Parker. People took me seriously.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Crazy Ted posted:

Make the finals seven games in seven days at a neutral site. The Finals are now known as The Gauntlet.

Actually I would like this.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

nachos posted:

I've convinced myself that this is the perfect situation for 2-2-1-1-1 for the Heat. But I'd feel differently if it were still 2-3-2

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jota posted:

it could easily happen the Spurs are more than capable of winning a game or two in Miami which is why people acting like it's a conclusion that Miami is going to win both at home and then win the series are being dumb as gently caress cause yeah it's a possibility but stop overreacting to stuff the Spurs are really good. Both games were awesome and both teams have so many players capable of getting hot and going off it makes these games so fun to watch.

Both games have been fun as poo poo and it's a possibility for the Spurs to steal one I guess. I just tend to be a reactionary person but I dearly hope I'm wrong because I legit would be fine with Miami winning as long as it goes 7 because these games own.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Bashez posted:

I'm pretty self aware. My sense of humor often involves setting myself up as the joke. If you don't understand I'm joking I'll just look dumb to you.

I actually find that funnier than when people understand that I'm joking.

It's a lot harder to do over the internet, my favorite example being when I said that Tony Parker is clearly better than Derrick Rose but he only looked worse in a game they played against each other because Parker was being guarded by Rose and Rose was only being guarded by Parker.

Why would you go to so much effort to look like a whiny idiot?

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

nachos posted:

Fix

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Bashez posted:

It's a lot harder to do over the internet, my favorite example being when I said that Tony Parker is clearly better than Derrick Rose but he only looked worse in a game they played against each other because Parker was being guarded by Rose and Rose was only being guarded by Parker.
That's because it shouldn't be hard to guard someone in a wheelchair.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Is "Derrick Rose" some create-a-player in NBA 2K?

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Juaguocio posted:

Why would you go to so much effort to look like a whiny idiot?

It's pretty low effort.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

SourKraut posted:

That's because it shouldn't be hard to guard someone in a wheelchair.

They won't even let them on the floor!

Paul Pierce has tried.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

He's one of the basketball players Tom Thibodeaux played to death.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

I think he's some Celtics player who died of a drug overdose in the 90s or something.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I don't have access to ESPN or an internet connection decent enough to watch any of these games so I like that the posters in this thread - which is basically my only source for info on how the game is going/has gone - cover all aspects of the match, including how bad the officiating is.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

SourKraut posted:

How does that relate to them bricking free throws? My whole focus was around the fact that they start missing FTs when it matters most.

In order to come to the conclusion that the Spurs do not perform well in "clutch" situations you have to ignore a very long history of the Spurs performing well in important games. Including this game I think Gregg Popovich's playoffs W-L with the team is now 146-90, been to the finals five times and won it four.

Hah anyways analysis is always the team that won most recent is going to continue winning indefinitely, it's always all over forever

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

EvanTH posted:

In order to come to the conclusion that the Spurs do not perform well in "clutch" situations you have to ignore a very long history of the Spurs performing well in important games. Including this game I think Gregg Popovich's playoffs W-L with the team is now 146-90, been to the finals five times and won it four.

Hah anyways analysis is always the team that won most recent is going to continue winning indefinitely, it's always all over forever

They also lost last year to a pretty lucky shot going in.

Not taking away from the Heat but its also not like they failed, just things didn't go their way.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Chairchucker posted:

I don't have access to ESPN or an internet connection decent enough to watch any of these games so I like that the posters in this thread - which is basically my only source for info on how the game is going/has gone - cover all aspects of the match, including how bad the officiating is.

Games are on ABC, man.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Declan MacManus posted:

clutch is real and i will teach it to my children :argh:

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Bashez posted:

Handwritten letter? Why would I do that when I have access to video editing software?

please make a coach nick / bballbreakdown-style video where you just post egregious (IYO) calls or nocalls

holy moly coach nick has a live post-game show and he talks exactly how he does when recording video content

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

I guess I should have learned my overreacting lesson after the WCF but I legit think the Spurs won't win again. LeBron won't let it happen and we'll get to see a lot of mouthguard shots, sneering and that little dance/chest pound think

• Locked thread