Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is LeBron James' best nickname?
This poll is closed.
The King 15 13.27%
LeBronze 9 7.96%
LeCramp 20 17.70%
LeChamp 0 0%
LeIDon'tGiveAShitWhatYouCallMeBecauseIMakeWayMoreMoneyThanYou 19 16.81%
Cleveland Sucks 44 38.94%
Other (explain) 6 5.31%
Total: 113 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

R.D. Mangles posted:

Is "Derrick Rose" some create-a-player in NBA 2K?

I think he's one of the characters in those Uncle Drew commercials?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

illcendiary posted:

I guess I should have learned my overreacting lesson after the WCF but I legit think the Spurs won't win again. LeBron won't let it happen and we'll get to see a lot of mouthguard shots, sneering and that little dance/chest pound think
It will 117 degrees in the AT&T Center for game five.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

R.D. Mangles posted:

Games are on ABC, man.

I'm also not in the USA.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you

illcendiary posted:

I guess I should have learned my overreacting lesson after the WCF but I legit think the Spurs won't win again. LeBron won't let it happen and we'll get to see a lot of mouthguard shots, sneering and that little dance/chest pound think

Well lebron probably won't shoot 64 percent from the field again.

Both teams are great the spurs will win again and this is going to be an entertaining series

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Chairchucker posted:

I'm also not in the USA.

well then i guess you're really up poo poo creek

e: and there's no way you can possibly get a decent gauge of refereeing from a GDT where every call is disputed as egregious

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

dongsbot 9000 posted:

please make a coach nick / bballbreakdown-style video where you just post egregious (IYO) calls or nocalls

holy moly coach nick has a live post-game show and he talks exactly how he does when recording video content

I have legitimately thought about doing this.

Edit: It's important to note, I wouldn't only post half of them like I do in GDTs. I also will never do it because I'm lazy.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

MourningView posted:

I'll think about it. Input welcome because god dang this thread.

There are some legitimately bad and just funny calls made in basketball: imagine having a rule about no commenting on the officiating if we get another situation like the Joey Crawford "Tim Duncan was laughing" ejection.

It seems to mostly drag down when its the focus of the discussion, when it is about every single play.

I think that people know the difference in discussing pertinent points, and in cheerleading. I think it would be okay to have a rule against the second, but not a blanket rule if there really is a strange or unusual call.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

uggy posted:

Both teams are great the spurs will win again and this is going to be an entertaining series

Ehhhh I kinda think he will and I have really stupid Spurs fans with their stupid #LeBroning bullshit to thank for it

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Bashez posted:

Well then you know what you must do.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Bashez posted:

Edit: It's important to note, I wouldn't only post half of them like I do in GDTs. I also will never do it because I'm lazy.

it will be literally the entire game because there are egregious anti-spurs infractions on every play

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Spurs are 25/51 on threes through 2 Games. Goddamn.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

CharlestheHammer posted:

They also lost last year to a pretty lucky shot going in.

Not taking away from the Heat but its also not like they failed, just things didn't go their way.

hah it's a really great matchup

illcendiary posted:

but LeBron played like an impossible demigod and the game ended on a two point margin? it's like the last finals a bounce either way can decide a basketball match that close

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
I just want to take a a moment to point out if you rooted for the pacers you would be missing this because they would have been blown out and it would have sucked compared to this series.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

PantsFreeZone posted:

The Spurs are 25/51 on threes through 2 Games. Goddamn.

Mostly wide open so I don't think it's unsustainable.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

R.D. Mangles posted:

it will be literally the entire game because there are egregious anti-spurs infractions on every play

It would literally be the entire game because there are infractions by either team on every play.

I only post about the really bad ones that go against the Spurs, and even then not all the frequently.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

illcendiary posted:

""okay" "buddy""

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
It wasn't just that they didn't make those free throws. It was that resounding "doink" that every single one made off the front of the rim.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

EvanTH posted:

but LeBron played like an impossible demigod and the game ended on a two point margin? it's like the last finals a bounce either way can decide a basketball match that close

This is the only thing the Spurs really have to hang their hat on. 2 point difference with 8 missed freethrows. Several of the really bad calls that went against the Spurs were while the Heat were in the penalty or on shots as well.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
It is kinda amazing that Rashard Lewis of all people is giving the Heat really quality minutes

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Is Lebron wearing a spurs pin at this conference? What is that? (I know it's not a spurs pin)

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...

MourningView posted:

is this an argument for or against

Get it done MourningView

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Lebron reppin' the yoga.

Shavasana.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Vire posted:

I just want to take a a moment to point out if you rooted for the pacers you would be missing this because they would have been blown out and it would have sucked compared to this series.

Some day though it comes down to simply wanting someone else besides the Heat in the Finals. Maybe next year.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

SourKraut posted:

Some day though it comes down to simply wanting someone else besides the Heat in the Finals. Maybe next year.

Don't be that guy who never appreciated the Bulls because they were the Bulls.

I was that guy.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

SourKraut posted:

Lolllll doubtful

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

uggy posted:

The scary part is that he absolutely can do that the rest of the series and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he did.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

SourKraut posted:

Deep down I think we all know we wanted a Spurs-Nets finals, especially considering how the last one is remembered as being super memorable and entertaining

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

SourKraut posted:

Just think how awful we would have been with the 1960's Celtics.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

SourKraut posted:

I also hate watching the best player in the world play

strifetoe
Nov 27, 2007
I had a good chat with my buddy this entire game. Its absolutely ABSURD that people hate LeBron as much as they do. He is a demigod basketball player, he is a good man, he is a good father. He is so many things that I just can't believe this man isn't yelled about from the top of every mountain.

There isn't an athlete in the entire world that has ever had to put up with the expectations or ridicule that he has and then come THROUGH with it. This game is the epitome for LeBron, all the haters and nay sayers came out of the woodwork and he answered. That 12 straight point stretch put the world on notice. You are all his bitches.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
I completely understand the hate against Miami. Great weather, beautiful women, a booming economy, great job market, etc. So if rooting against them is the only release valve people have to vent over their lovely lives then go hog wild. We don't give a gently caress about what some inbred nerd with a pony tail in Minnesota thinks. See you all in the parade.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

strifetoe posted:

I had a good chat with my buddy this entire game. Its absolutely ABSURD that people hate LeBron as much as they do. He is a demigod basketball player, he is a good man, he is a good father. He is so many things that I just can't believe this man isn't yelled about from the top of every mountain.

There isn't an athlete in the entire world that has ever had to put up with the expectations or ridicule that he has and then come THROUGH with it. This game is the epitome for LeBron, all the haters and nay sayers came out of the woodwork and he answered. That 12 straight point stretch put the world on notice. You are all his bitches.

I don't like players that beat my team

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Local station did a poll asking how much the reffing affected the heat's win.

Not at all led the way with 58%.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

strifetoe posted:

please don't refer to lebron's adorable hater-rear end children who rag on him at the breakfast table as bitches

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

EvanTH posted:

please don't refer to lebron's adorable hater-rear end children who rag on him at the breakfast table as bitches
Reminder that Michael Jordan's kids said B.J. Armstrong was their favorite player on the Bulls. I bet that really pissed him off too.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Crazy Ted posted:

Reminder that Michael Jordan's kids said B.J. Armstrong was their favorite player on the Bulls. I bet that really pissed him off too.

To be fair, everyone's favorite player on the Bulls was B.J. Armstrong. B.J. probably wasn't mercilessly destroying them in one-on-one games when they were five and then taunting them.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

R.D. Mangles posted:

To be fair, everyone's favorite player on the Bulls was B.J. Armstrong. B.J. probably wasn't mercilessly destroying them in one-on-one games when they were five and then taunting them.

I liked Horace Grant. Goggles rule.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Crazy Ted posted:

One of my friends went to summer camp with one of Jordan's kids one summer. Allegedly Jordan was a dick to his son when he came to the end of camp term stuff.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
I have images of Jordan dunking on his kids, asking them "Why you getting dunked on like a little bitch?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
BJ was universally loved by children and grandmas

• Locked thread