Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Hyun-Ae

There's a thump as Hyun-Ae's forehead makes contact with the door window. She squints as she scans the inside of the room. Just Cain. Fun. She languidly pushes the door open and trudges inside.

"gently caress me, man." Hyun-Ae slumps into one of the chairs and lazily raises her scotch glass to her colleague. "Whatup."

Atlatl posted:

Hyun-Ae Hekmatyar

Concept: Ex-Uller Executive Arcanotech Dealer
CREAM: Tactically Acquired, Certified Pre-Owned
Hacker: The Ballmer Curve
See: Attached (1)
Banter: Ill Communication like Ma Bell
Omega: I'm Tellin' Ya'll It's SABOTAGE

pre:
               CREAM (+3)               Hacker (+2)          Banter (+1)

Superb  (+5)   Contacts

Great   (+4)   Rapport, Empathy,        Systems
               Will, Notice, Burglary   
Good    (+3)   Arcanotech Appraisal,    Deceive
               Mythos
Fair    (+2)                            Athletics, Stealth

Average (+1)                                                 Provoke

Stunts/Mega-Stunts:
Shell Games like Enron: +2 to Deceive when utilizing an advantage created with the Systems skill.
1%: Once per session, Hyun-Ae can throw an out of control party and enters the scene with two stacks of $100 bills with which to slap people with.
Severance Package: When retreating from combat or a confrontation, Hyun-Ae can steal one piece of personal hardware from the enemy by spending a fate point and succeeding on a burglary roll.
Ms. Johnson: Use Contacts in place of Combat during a pre-meditated attack.
Intergalactic: Absolutely knows more people/creatures/beings than anyone else (Contacts), but at a cost; use Contacts in place of Mythos to identify/know a supernatural being. (+1 FP to GM's Reserve)
pre:
Stress:
Physical $$$
Mental   $$$$
         ˘˘$$

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Hyun-Ae

"Strange." Hyun-Ae spins around in her chair, shrugging. "Doesn't look like anyone's shooting at me right now. I think that means I'm not on duty yet, dude."

She looks to the donut, then to Cain, then her drink. She sighs and waves him towards the DD machine without looking. "Whatever. Look, just get me the pills. Please."

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Hyun-Ae

"Yeah, yeah. You're right. Again. 'Preciate it. Who knows what sort of disaster I'd be without you, Agent." She opens up the packet of pills, taking a moment to regard the Sober-Up! logo with great distaste. "Cheers." She taps her glass on the table, throws back the pills, slams down the rest of her scotch, and slides the glass away from her.

Hyun-Ae straightens up in her chair and exhales. "Whoo, boy. Forget coffee, man. Johnny Walker'll wake you up quick. Alright, I'm good. Bring on the PowerPoints. Let's do this poo poo."

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Hyun-Ae

"Might not be so cold if you wore pants for once," Hyun-Ae snickers, flapping the collar of her fox coat in Shirona's direction.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Hyun-Ae

"Sweet." If only it were likely to be such a simple case. With a wave of her hand, Hyun-Ae dismisses the data cluttering her glasses. "I vote for a field trip. I'll handle the paperwork. Kinda my thing." She lazily throws out a pair of hand signs like a little fanfare. "Insurance claims, inventory, loss analysis, critique report, whatever. All that stuff's easier to handle on-site. You cool with me getting the usual expense account, boss?"

She pauses to sip her coffee. "And before you ask, I ain't dragging along a gunship or nothing this time. I'll keep it low budget."

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Hyun-Ae

A knowing, wolfish grin is plastered across the manager's face as Olivia speaks. "Hah, aight. Cool. I got nothing else for you."

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Hyun-Ae

"Hell yeah, girl. Let's bounce." Hyun-Ae pops out her chair and makes for the door.

e: the proest of reading comprehension

Atlatl fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jun 11, 2014

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Hyun-Ae

Hyun-Ae raises a hand and makes a bee line for the security desk. "Hold up, I got this." As she takes a seat, her glasses visibly fill with neon-bordered command prompt windows. A few waves of her hand clear away a space so that she can watch the rest of her team with one eye. "I'mma run a diagnostic and get the cameras back up so we don't walk into a fire or whatever, aight?"

A hand signal causes an avalanche white text to stream down her glasses. She throws her arms up behind her head and leans back into her seat. "Ya'll go ahead and do your thing."

Systems roll to try and get the security system back up and the audible alarms off.
[21:27] Atlatl HACK THE PLANET
[21:27] Atlatl !r fudge+4
[21:27] Krysmbot Atlatl, -+-++4 = 4

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Hyun-Ae

"Yup. Way ahead of you, chief." She throws him a thumbs up and kicks her feet up on the desk.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Hyun-Ae

"This guy. So moto. I love it." Hyun-Ae looks like she's settling in to take a nap. "I'll supervise from here."

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Hyun-Ae

"Say again? I can't hear you through all this money I'm drowning in. Heh."

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Hyun-Ae

[ Hot feeds straight out the oven. Get you some. ] Hyun-Ae's voice emerges from the building's announcing system, though only in the areas occupied by her team. An avatar appears on any available video feed below a rather pushy prompt box.
pre:
                Accept video stream?
             [Yes]       [do it you idiot]

Upon accepting, a small map of the building appears. The locations of the team are marked clearly and a few select camera feeds hover around the border.

[ Alright, so here's the haps: most of the stuff in the immediate area is dead, so I got no idea what's going down over there. ] Her avatar shrugs. [ If it's just the repeaters that are broken then I should be able to use ya'll's devices to bounce a feed off them. In the meantime, I'mma keep an eye on ya'll and commandeer some janitorial drones for recon. ]

Going to try and create the advantage Roombas Lead the Way! using Systems: //-/+4 = 3.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Hyun-Ae

[ That backdoor's been there for, like, the last month, dude. I already got it. ] She waves at Li as she makes her way from the vending machine. [ Yo princess, it ain't so bad. It's probably just as scary for the little fella. I mean, how would you feel if a bunch of animals burnt your house down and shot up your family? Man is the real monster, man. ]

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Hyun-Ae

"The gently caress?" Hyun-Ae snaps up fast enough to throw her off balance, causing the rolling chair underneath her to slide away, dumping her on the ground. "Ow! C'mon, man!" She pulls her legs down and crawls under the desk to avoid the bubbly spray shooting everywhere. [ Possessed drive installed in the building control network, ya'll. Roombas be working against us. ]

Her fingers waggle wildly in the air as she simultaneously clears the errors, tags some movement on the cameras, and pulls up a line diagram of the building's computer system. [ Yo princess and Mali girl: you got something in your area. Marked it on the map. Get some. ]

"Just gotta isolate it," she mumbles to herself, tracing the diagram in the air with her finger. "Only a couple arcanotech drive bays that can support something big like that, right? Gotta be in an accessible location, too." A maintenance schematic pops up with the snap of a finger. "Security to main server, then to auxiliary control server, then to..."

Going to try and create the advantage Always Know the Expensive Bits using Arcanotech Appraisal: //+-+3 = 3

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Hyun-Ae FP: 5/5

"... annnnnd to the auxiliary janitorial control system primary drives off the 2AJ breakers." Hyun-Ae accepts the program and immediately launches it at the drive cluster. After successfully logging back into the Roomba Commander™ app, she shoots finger guns in the air in celebration. "Get this amateur-hour bullshit outta my house, son!"

Using Systems with Always Know the Expensive Bits and Cybermantic Countermeasures to take it back (at the start of the next pass)!
Regain Control of the Roombas: 4dF+8 7 whatup

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

"Good stuff, Li." She tries her best to knock some of the foam off of her. [ Yo team, we got roombas back. What whaaaaat. ]

She looks back at her display just in time to catch an eyeful of Basilisk patterns, which forces her to squint and remove her glasses momentarily. [ Be advised: Basilisk Mandala off the main stairwell into Subbasement B. ] Her mechanical minions are promptly redirected away from the trap and back towards the rest of the group. As the first roomba in the stack approaches the wall of foam, its vacuum kicks on and begins to clear the way. Several more fall into line behind it.

Meanwhile, Hyun-Ae dials up one of her old shops.

A pre-recorded voice answers. "You've reached the Uller Southwest Arcanotech Prototyping Lab at White Sands. Please - "

She begins mashing zero. "Calling someone for advice," she says, pointing to her earpiece. "You got anything in your bag of tricks to help disable that trap?"

Going to create the advantage That Man Has Your Vacuum! for the foam fighters using Systems: -/+/+4 = 4.

Atlatl fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jun 14, 2014

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

[ Yo, roomba cameras just lost Shirona. Anyone got a fix on her? ] With the foam threat firmly stopped, Hyun-Ae returns to her place at the security desk's rolling chair. [ Scratch that, I see her. And, uh... ]

She jumps to her feet when the bomb comes up on her feeds. [ Holy f - hold tight, got a phone call. ] While her statement may be bafflingly inappropriate to everyone else, the static-filled voice on the other end had a skill set that was quite relevant to the situation. "Yo Heph, uh... Hi, yeah, doing good. I guess. ... Look, I ain't got time right now. Bringing a feed up. I was calling about a Mandala, but things changed. Need some bomb diffusing advice. We can talk later."

One of the roombas drives towards the device at her command. An overlay with instructions appears over her camera feed. [ Sorry, I'm back. Got some advice on the line. Ya'll don't worry, I totally got this. Go rescue our princess. ]

Using Contacts to create the advantage Phone a Friend: +/-++5 = 6
Also, repurposing Security Desk into DIY EOD Bot to represent enhanced roomba control!

Atlatl fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jun 18, 2014

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

A few AR markers appear around the bomb to indicate where Madeline should place her spotlights.

Meanwhile, Hyun-Ae is sweating profusely behind the security desk.

She reaches forwards slowly, her hand motions mapped to the tiny manipulator arms extending out of the roomba. All the best help in the world didn't really lessen the fact that she, a corporate pencil pusher, was currently disarming her first bomb in close proximity to her coworkers. [ Uh... Yo, ya'll think we should maybe move away from this thing? Y'know, a little. Just saying. Or not. Whatever. We got good life insurance. 'Sall good. I got this. ]

Her nervous jabbering stops abruptly as the last few steps pop up. She follows the overlay's directions as precisely as she can.

Snip. Snip. Snip.

[ ... Ya'll still down there? ]

Disarming the bomb using Systems, along with Phone a Friend, DIY EOD Bot, and Zoom. Enhance!
TPK COMIN AT YA: 4dF+10 13

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

[ Gonna assume that acronym stuff is good. Thanks. Nice work, team. ] She wipes her brow on her shirt and drops back into her chair. [ In the mean time, I'm gonna skip the part where I dig through tech documents and just assume the tunnel ain't on any documentation. I mean, look. That ain't up to no safety code I ever saw. ]

Not that safety code ever meant anything to her besides a shrunken profit margin, of course. Hyun-Ae kicks her feet up on the table with a relieved sigh. [ Ya'll feel free to make like Scooby Doo or whatever. I'll call the boss lady and let her know what's up. ]

"Thanks, Heph." She scans the foam-filled space around her for any signs of her teammates. "Nobody can know about this. I owe you a solid. ... Lunch? Hah. You don't even eat, man. Yeah, sure. Hey, lemme call you back after I'm done here. ... Yeah, lates."

The Director is called in short order. "Hey ma'am, whatup? Crisis averted, yo. Bombs got diffused and stuff."

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

The roomba slowly rolls over to Li Wu and watches over her shoulder. Little escaped Hyun-Ae's supervising eye.

"... Lemme call you back." She zooms in on the files. [ You for real? ]

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Hyun-Ae FP: 6

[ Might not necessarily be a collector, y'know. ] The roomba wanders the room, remotely mimicking Hyun-Ae's dramatic pacing. [ Those notes are some super high-level industry secrets, man. Even if those designs are totally outdated, all the value's in the thought process and the details. I know my division at Uller had, like, a million a year budgeted just to try and steal those things so we could make some off-brand stuff and stop paying the foundation their royalties. ]

The roomba slowly makes its way through the tunnel, waggling its stubby arms the whole time. [ The thing is, I basically embezzled all of it every year. My more motivated replacement might be using the money for real now. Hold on, let me check some things... ]

Compelling I'm Tellin' Ya'll It's SABOTAGE. Because it totally is. Gonna use Arcanotech Appraisal (+3). //+++3 = 5

Atlatl fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jun 20, 2014

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

Hyun-Ae logs out of her still-not-deleted Uller Finance Division account. [ ... Nope, he's embezzling it too. Swing and a miss. ]

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

[ When is there not non-Euclidean shenanigans afoot? ] She taps through Wikipedia lazily as the roomba makes another circuit around the lab, vacuuming up all the dust they were kicking up. [ You got family or something there, princess? ]

Rolling Mythos: +-/-+3 = 2

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

"Naw, we got this under control, ma'am. I'll take these culprits in-house, aight? I'll fill you in once we're back." Hyun-Ae hangs up and looks to Shirona. "Shortcuts through the Dreamlands? Probably a Shinigami. I know a few coyotes that run that route. Lemme dial one up, see if they know what's going down. 'Scuse me a sec."

She cuts her communications to the team while she makes the call.

[00:59] Atlatl contacts roll for the brainstorm
[00:59] Atlatl !r fudge+5
[00:59] Krysmbot Atlatl, -//-+5 = 3
NOPE

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

The team's audio feed cracks as Hyun-Ae comes back online. [ Man, guys want way too much money for what I'm asking. Whatever. ] She sighs, pinching the bridge of her nose. [ Alright, so lemme get this straight: some government's trying to get after some relics that Ashton found in Tibet via the Dreamlands. Sweet. We should get back to the boss and see if she thinks it's our problem or not. ]

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

[ Just because it's Tibet, the G-men gotta come from China? You mailing this one in? ] The roomba spins in place. [ That would totally be too obvious. It could just as well be our government doing this. Inside job. It explains how they knew about the lab. ]

Rolling Arcanotech Appraisal: -//++3 = 3
ehhh not gonna use anything on it

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

[ The Hek concurs. ] The roomba leaves the lab as it's released from Hyun-Ae's control. [ Let's get our plan on. ]

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

"Aw buddy, folk already clamoring for her to get in on this? People are getting jum~py!" She falls into a rolling chair and leans back. A few AR windows pop up on her glasses. "To be fair, I'm trying to get some of my peeps on hold as well." Hyun-Ae pauses to rap her fingers on her chin in thought. "Any of ya'll need anything from me before I go talk to our would-be thieves?"

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

"Naw Maddy, we don't use that brand of toner anymore. And Princess, I'll be glad to join you after I do my thing." She thumbs back towards the door. "Gotta go offer my lawyer's services to the Coquillards. I dunno if I'll be able to buy off the police observers, sadly. Ya'll didn't hear that." She winks, playfully shooting finger guns at her coworkers. "I'll let you know if they bite or not."

Going to try to wrangle some more info out of the burglars with bribery
Rapport: 4dF+4 5

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

Hyun-Ae produces a pack of menthol Marlboros and a bic lighter from a cargo pocket. "Sorry," she says, tapping one out and offering it to Ruud. "Probably not your type. All I got besides my e-cig."

He accepts it with an indifferent shrug and holds it out for her to light. "I take it that you came down to inquire as to where we acquired one of your company's prototypes?"

"I wasn't gonna say nothing in front of my coworkers - and technically it was never mine - but yeah, man. Enlighten me."

He takes his first puff before speaking. "We were loaned the device so that we could make use of its D-Drive seeking feature. It greatly simplified the process of locating and arriving at the Mark III."

"Didn't count on it frying all your electronics though, did you?" She chuckles. "I take it ya'll never got the tech manual."

"A manual would have been most useful, yes. We were not originally planning on trapping ourselves within your building." He takes a long drag off the cigarette, shaking his head in frustration. "Care to explain why it behaves as it does?"

"Hah, sure. The Gatecrasher project before my time, but I hear it was supposed to be a D-Drive seeking weapon. Y'know, to do stuff like teleport a bomb straight on top of one even if it wasn't running. Uller mothballed the project when they couldn't figure out how to stop it from wrecking the electronics inside the payload. Made it kinda useless. The thing also drew so much power that the bond lackeys figured it would be more cost and energy efficient to throw a pile of cruise missiles at the target the old fashioned way." She shrugs and shoots a finger gun at him. "Your turn."

"We actually were in possession of two of the devices. The original intent was to use the second one in our escape," he says, massaging his forehead. "It is a pity that the devices do not seem capable of teleporting each other."

"Woah, two?" She shoves the pack of cigarettes into his hand and starts for the door, waving over her shoulder. "That's all I needed, dude. Good luck with the trial or whatever."

The devices are bad with electronics, have to be charged, and can't teleport one another!

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

Hyun-Ae kicks her feet up onto the table. "I'll start; Coquillards got their hands on two anti-D-drive weapon prototypes. They used one to breach the area, but mishandled the other and didn't get a chance to use it. Those modules were only ever distributed to very select governments and a corporation or two, so I can probably trace their movement to confirm who might be their benefactor."

She shrugs. "That's all I got."

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

"We could always try and nab the second gatecrasher module that our thieves never got around to using if we're trying to bust into somewhere. Kill two birds with one stone."

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

"I think..." Hyun-Ae cracks her knuckles and cocks her head. "It's time to hop a jet somewhere and start crackin' some Cold One skulls."

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

"The flights are a lot more bearable when you got booze and a full-size bed, lemme tell you what." Hyun-Ae's eyes disappear behind an avalanche of AR windows. "I need to get the jet on the runway and write up some contracts for..." She raises a finger in the air as she tries - and fails - to come up with an appropriate euphemism for mercenaries. "Folks. I'll send ya'll the departure time as soon as I got 'em ready. Private flight, so get ya guns out."

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Hyun-Ae's trying not to set off any red flags with the bean counters back at HQ, so she hired out a small, cheap air crew out of Neo Hong Kong that goes by the name Friendly Skies. It's an ironic name, of course, as all of the money they saved by flying a beater of an airframe went straight into an arsenal that appears to compose a little more than half of the VTOL's total weight. The pilot known as Little Wing is the leader of the rag tag group, and he seems to be exceptionally chill as compared to your standard mercenary badass.

The other half of her budget went towards flying a specialist in from South Korea: an exceptionally dressed, spastic girl that seems far, far too eager to get to killing work. A mild accent gives away the fact that she hails from somewhere in Italy. Based on the cyberarms, autoshotgun, flamethrower, chainsaw, and dog-headed ballistic mask hanging from her back, one would assume that she was one of the overly showy types who crumple at the first sight of any real pressure.

But you know what they say about assumptions. She hasn't introduced herself yet, but it appears that she's fairly familiar with Hyun-Ae.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

Tasking her chatterbox bodyguard with moving all of their luggage to the next plane allows Hyun-Ae a few moments of peace.

"Listen to you poors. I was considering paving our way there with rose petals just so my feet wouldn't have to touch the ground. Heh." Her deadpan tone of voice makes it difficult to tell just how facetious she's being. She dressed like she was on the way to a business meeting rather than a raid, and carried no weapons to boot. "Ya'll ready for the home stretch?"

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

The executive's bodyguard seems to appear out of thin air behind Cain. "That's why I carry everything with me!" Her exceptionally high-pitched voice pierces the air as if she were yelling every word. "Also in me!" A blade extends from her left arm to demonstrate. "Totally self-contained! Hey, you have cybernetics, right? Why don't you have - "

Her remaining words are muffled by Hyun-Ae's hand. "That's enough, Pup. Please stop bothering the nice man."

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

While Hyun-Ae scoffs at Shirona's statement, her bodyguard scampers off to move another crate. "If you can just whisk stuff out of thin air, I oughtta hire you for a party some time. You'd probably save me a lot." She shoots Mali an up nod. "That's everyone, right? I think - "

"All done!" Her bodyguard hip checks her, sending her stumbling out of the way. "You got blown up for all that? That blows! No pun intended. Heh. I never had to deal with any of that, I was just in a car wreck when - "

"Stop! Oh my Lord, Pup, don't you start giving him your life story. Nobody asked you." Hyun-Ae shoves her away from Cain. "Go put your rifle together or something!"

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

"Yeah, fine. Go ahead."

Despite her eagerness to talk, Cain's first question gives her pause. She shoots Hyun-Ae a wide-eyed stare, as if to question whether or not she should answer.

Hyun-Ae stares back mockingly.

Her answer comes after a few seconds of gear turning. "Private?" She doesn't look or sound at all sure. "Yeah, private! I've had all these wares since I could remember. Well, not the arms! Just the synaptic boosters and brain stuff. The docs had to do a lot of surgery to keep me alive. Uh, I mean, I got them when I started working. Which was...?" Another gaze at Hyun-Ae signals that she's largely forgotten her cover story.

The executive coughs. "Sicilianhitman."

The bodyguard shoves her away. "Hush!"

"She's been working for, like, ten years or something."

"Huuuuusshh!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

"Yo Maddy, that area over there?" She highlights a small field on AR. "Ya'll want me to supervise on the ground or from up high?"

• Locked thread