Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005
I think things have worked out just fine for Mr. Hendrick.

Very nice OP btw, I enjoyed it. Would read again.

And if they ever take a date from Martinsville I very well may stop watching.

We need a link for IRC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

SpitztheGreat posted:

I think things have worked out just fine for Mr. Hendrick.

Very nice OP btw, I enjoyed it. Would read again.

And if they ever take a date from Martinsville I very well may stop watching.

We need a link for IRC.

IRC: http://cbe001.chat.mibbit.com/#nascar@irc.synirc.net

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XXvVfOLm7U

unrelated but this is amazing

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

"Hi I'm Andy Green and I'd like to show you the vehicle that's probably going to kill me."

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Land Speed Racing on the top level is becoming A Thing again, like it was in the 60's. Andy Green & Co. is going for 1,000mph, there's another team from the US trying also, the Poteet & Main Speed Demon holds the IC engine/wheel driven record well over 400mph and runs every year. Danny Thompson, Mickey Thompson's son is in Bonneville right now shaking down the Challenger II to go after Poteet & Main, shooting for 500mph.

It's glorious, and we haven't seen it at this level since the Arfons/Breedlove wars of the mid-60's.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
My cousin just set the female land speed record last october. :c00l:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
That owns, all time woman LSR? Or class specific?

Bonneville is #1 on my racing bucket list.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
All time.

http://www.gizmag.com/jessi-combs-48-year-land-speed-record/29381/

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Goddamn, that's awesome. It's also the car I referenced as competing with the Bloodhound team, I just couldn't remember their name.

Not as funded as Bloodhound, but they theoretically have what it takes to beat the Thrust SSC record before Bloodhound is completed, and if they do I think it's gonna be what we need to respark the LSR wars.

Next time you talk to her, tell her thank you and to thank the team for getting that going again. There's still some of us out here that view LSR as the pinnacle of motorsport and would like to see it be a big deal again.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Joey Logano and/or Paul Menard were one crank of the wheel from taking all the Buschwackers out of this race.

AirborneSpore
Mar 2, 2014

That one bounced.
Bye bye Logano. Flat tire....

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Kwasniewski is a fraud.

E: 48 touring-level stock car starts, and he's thrown into a Nationwide car, for a team that doesn't have a veteran driver for leadership? No wonder he can't tell his rear end from a hole in the ground.

The raw talent is there, the speed is there, and even results at the K&N level are there - even if the fields are weaker from top to bottom. That being said, there have been so many people with raw speed that weren't able to complete races and finish well.

Boomer The Cannon fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jun 15, 2014

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

That's so cool! Congrats to her!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Please remain standing as these linemen climb the practice power poles to raise the colors.

e- THE FLY-BY'S TOO SOON.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Never leave this track again, NASCAR shitlords.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Never leave this track again, NASCAR shitlords.

but how can they expand their fanbase when they are racing at a track that can't hold 100 thousand people!?

tupacalypse
Jan 1, 2013

by Pragmatica
Nemechek :smith:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Rooting hard for Quiroga now

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
holy poo poo that race

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Drivers starting to feel our pain

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Cygni posted:

Drivers starting to feel our pain

Ask them about their erectile dysfunction. Many Americans already do.

How many more years before the entire race is just recap between commercials and the previous recap with no actual live racing shown?

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005
Those drivers that complain about the commercials will have a nice sit down conversation with NASCAR.

Went to Lebanon Valley this evening for Fathers Day. They had a huge turn out and a surprisingly robust show tonight. Track officials really had their poo poo together and ran a tight ship. Whole thing only lasted about 5 hours. The 50/50 raffle was huge, second place was $2,000 and first place was almost $3,000. Someone from a neighboring town one the second place prize, and knowing the demographics of the area the guy probably won the equivalent of a months pay. Meanwhile, we sat on the roof for the first time. Great views, and I would sit there again if the tower is full again. It was drat cold though for June 14th, and the wind was whipping up that high.

Got home in time to catch sunrise at Le Mans. I was sitting here wondering why the hell there were only three cameras around the track. Then I realized that the cameras make it look a hell of a lot brighter than it really is, that most of the cameras aren't equipped to pick up speeding race cars in darkness.

Basically had a hell of a day of autoracing.

AirborneSpore
Mar 2, 2014

That one bounced.
Really not looking forward to another week of TNT broadcast. I think FOX should march on in during the broadcast and take the drat thing over.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
no

nonono

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Well, it took three turns to wreck my Fantasy team this week. That's a new record.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I'm on a boat, what happen

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

While we're waiting through this hilarious early cautions, my first LASTCAR book will be free through Monday the 23rd. Go here http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/272178 and enter promo code HG74S

EDIT:

kidcoelacanth posted:

I'm on a boat, what happen

Vickers spun out of 9th on the first lap, collected Kvapil on the apron.

On the restart, Stenhouse tagged the wall and both Larson and Kahne spun on the backstretch.

Gonna be one of the few fun Michigan races, it seems.

LASTCAR fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jun 15, 2014

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Anyone else getting a broadcast that's audio is skipping.

It's like that one episode of "Futurama".

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

FuzzySkinner posted:

Anyone else getting a broadcast that's audio is skipping.

It's like that one episode of "Futurama".

Yeah TNT did that last week as well. gently caress it who cares about audio glitches, last races Turner is doing.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Welp, got home just in time for that. Whee.

Listening to most of the race on the radio sure makes the whole thing sound different though.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Hey NASCAR. There was literal debris on the track there. You could've used that to throw a caution. But, alas.

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010
Another race where another lap could've meant Kevin Harvick in victory lane :smith:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

fuseshock posted:

Another race where another lap could've meant Kevin Harvick in victory lane :smith:

Johnson was probably sandbagging at the end there, but yeah I think Harvick was definitely faster. Would've needed at least 10 more laps though.

AirborneSpore
Mar 2, 2014

That one bounced.
All the Hendrick cars in the the top 10 again. Strong team showing again this week.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

No Harvick interview, dude must be pissed.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

I had to skip forward in this thread, but it looks like Nationwide really is leaving. Comcast Xfinity (lol) is the leading candidate to replace them. Can't wait for the Comcast Xfinity Cable Services Grand National Series.

Also NASCAR canning 20+ employees

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

31st to 24th in the full season standings. :getin:

Cygni posted:

I had to skip forward in this thread, but it looks like Nationwide really is leaving. Comcast Xfinity (lol) is the leading candidate to replace them. Can't wait for the Comcast Xfinity Cable Services Grand National Series.

Also NASCAR canning 20+ employees

AutoZone and Advance Auto Parts are also in the hunt, apparently.

The NASCAR AutoZone Series sounds like it should be at the K&N or Weekly Series level.

The Lazer
Jul 22, 2005
I turned 18 and all I got was this stupid account.
Would anyone be terribly surprised if Nationwide stops the series sponsor and then immediately jumps to Dale Jr. He is practically in every commercial now.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

The Lazer posted:

Would anyone be terribly surprised if Nationwide stops the series sponsor and then immediately jumps to Dale Jr. He is practically in every commercial now.

That's literally what's happening. Nationwide will be on the 88 Cup car for 12 races next season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 15 days!)

The NASCAR Advanced Series to go with the Sprint Cup to confuse the hell out of people.

edit: have Champion sponsor the truck series so we get the Sprint/Advanced/Champion series.

• Locked thread