Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
haha Chad, remember when I dumped that Compton kid? hilarious.....good times

wonder what he's doing now....oh well, right?

*gets in private jet*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AirborneSpore
Mar 2, 2014

That one bounced.

VikingSkull posted:

haha Chad, remember when I dumped that Compton kid? hilarious.....good times

wonder what he's doing now....oh well, right?

*gets in private jet*

Great times right there.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Reminder, Trucks are on tonight at 8:00pm EST on FS1

AirborneSpore
Mar 2, 2014

That one bounced.

VikingSkull posted:

Reminder, Trucks are on tonight at 8:00pm EST on FS1

You beat me to it. I was just popping on to remind everyone.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Max Gresham is in the SRAMobile.

Some Random Asshole
Apr 30, 2006

HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS
5 in the fence, race is official

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Some Random rear end in a top hat posted:

5 in the fence, race is official

That was his second spin of the night, so that one was for good measure.

AirborneSpore
Mar 2, 2014

That one bounced.
Kyle is so drat strong in those trucks. He drove the tires off of that thing tonight.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

AirborneSpore
Mar 2, 2014

That one bounced.
Sitting here racking my brain on why I'm actually awake and watching Nationwide practice. Keselowski and Blaney have the fastest time so far.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Failed post-race inspection:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/kyle-buschs-truck-measured-too-032200798--nascar.html

tomaski
Jul 24, 2007

"We're going to have a strange life."
Sorry folks, I don't want to derail the thread but I got a question and can't find any other specific NASCAR topics.

I'm from Scotland, but going on a trip to the US and I'll be in Dallas during the start of November. I've decided I want to go to the Texas 500, but can only find tickets for the whole event available on the site. My question is; does anybody know when the tickets for just the Sunday event will be released and if so, whats the availability like? Are these snapped up in minutes, or do I have a reasonable shot at buying them? Also, I can't find anything on specific costs for just the Sunday event, would I actually be making a decent saving over just buying the full package?

If anybody wants to chime in with further suggestions, ideas or advice I'd be really grateful.

AirborneSpore
Mar 2, 2014

That one bounced.

tomaski posted:

Sorry folks, I don't want to derail the thread but I got a question and can't find any other specific NASCAR topics.

I'm from Scotland, but going on a trip to the US and I'll be in Dallas during the start of November. I've decided I want to go to the Texas 500, but can only find tickets for the whole event available on the site. My question is; does anybody know when the tickets for just the Sunday event will be released and if so, whats the availability like? Are these snapped up in minutes, or do I have a reasonable shot at buying them? Also, I can't find anything on specific costs for just the Sunday event, would I actually be making a decent saving over just buying the full package?

If anybody wants to chime in with further suggestions, ideas or advice I'd be really grateful.

I just went to the actual Texas motor speedway site. They are stating that tickets for the individual race will be on sale soon. Not sure how long that will actually be. You should be able to purchase them easily. Might not be the actual best seat you want though. I would just keep checking on the site.

http://www.texasmotorspeedway.com/texas-motor-speedway-race-tickets/individual-tickets/aaa-texas-500-weekend

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

Kyle Gotta cheat to win in the single A leagues Busch

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Cheated a black man out of the win no less. What a racist.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

tomaski posted:

If you're the adventurous type, buy the ticket(s) on race day at the track. You'll be able to buy them at the ticket window, or from someone selling extras. It's not like it's going to sell out, so there should be plenty available.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
And rent a scanner, it makes the experience way more enjoyable. There will be a trailer somewhere from racing electronics where you can do so.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I'd gone to the Wiki to get the goon-compiled tips for first-time race attendees list only to find that the Wiki is gone.

AirborneSpore
Mar 2, 2014

That one bounced.
Cup qualifying starts in about 20 minutes. Live on Fox Sports 1.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

The Nationwide "race" is starting soon on ESPN if anyone cares.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
lol 42 cars in the Cup race. That's the lowest field since 1997, and those races with less than 43 had DNQs (if we ignore the postponed 2001 Loudon race)

insert itshappening.gif here.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 15 days!)

L_Harrison posted:

lol 42 cars in the Cup race. That's the lowest field since 1997, and those races with less than 43 had DNQs (if we ignore the postponed 2001 Loudon race)

insert itshappening.gif here.

Wow NASCAR couldn't convince a 43rd to show up. Tear down Kentucky go back to North Wilkesboro.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Peanut President posted:

Wow NASCAR couldn't convince a 43rd to show up.

They tried to get there, but the traffic was too backed up so they turned around.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Kevin Harvick bitching at his one-off pit crew because they're not good.

Buschwacker problems.

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

Cannot Find Server posted:

They tried to get there, but the traffic was too backed up so they turned around.

haha Not far from the truth, as it turns out.

BK Racing entered a fourth car (#93) at the last minute with Mike Bliss aboard, but then Xxxtreme Motorsport's #44 withdrew before qualifying, so there's still 42 entries.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

LASTCAR posted:

haha Not far from the truth, as it turns out.

BK Racing entered a fourth car (#93) at the last minute with Mike Bliss aboard, but then Xxxtreme Motorsport's #44 withdrew before qualifying, so there's still 42 entries.

So there could easily have been 41 entries, fantastic

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Guys nationwide has racing!

Edit - nevermind

dentist toy box fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jun 28, 2014

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I've officially reached the point where Kyle and Brad are in a class of their own when it comes to Buschwackers. I'm slightly less pissed off with a Harvick win than I would've been with one of those two winning.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Kyle, Brad, and Kevin really put butts into seats.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Ya'll deserve better than this.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

There's a kid from the next town over about to do some races in NNS: Erik Jones.

People are real excited about the guy.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
I'm trying to put myself in the mind of someone that goes to a Nationwide race, you know and pays for a ticket, spending hard-earned money just to watch some Cup drivers race against scrubs and have better equipment and dominate every race. How does one even get excited for that? What kind of lunatic actual departs with money in his wallet to go see a loving Nationwide race? I mean, I know the folk that watch NASCAR don't have much to do to begin with, but literally anything else is more exciting than a Nationwide race with Kyle, Brad, and Harvick (and Kenseth and whoever the gently caress else races sometimes).

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

L_Harrison posted:

I'm trying to put myself in the mind of someone that goes to a Nationwide race, you know and pays for a ticket, spending hard-earned money just to watch some Cup drivers race against scrubs and have better equipment and dominate every race. How does one even get excited for that? What kind of lunatic actual departs with money in his wallet to go see a loving Nationwide race? I mean, I know the folk that watch NASCAR don't have much to do to begin with, but literally anything else is more exciting than a Nationwide race with Kyle, Brad, and Harvick (and Kenseth and whoever the gently caress else races sometimes).

quote:

I thought back to a conversation I had a few years ago before the Firestone 550, which runs less than 30 miles from where I live. I overheard a conversation between two gentlemen who were looking forward to watching the NASCAR truck race the night prior to the 550, because, as one gentleman put it, "at least I know who some of those guys are."

http://www.racer.com/robin-miller-s...howall=&start=3

To understand why, you have to understand there are literally fans of drivers themselves and they have no bearing as to whether they watch the race or not.

Doesn't matter to them, as long as they get to see Brad Keselowsk or someone like him race I guess.

FuzzySkinner fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jun 28, 2014

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

L_Harrison posted:

I dunno. Maybe I'm just weird like the rest of you lot but if I'm going to a racing weekend, whether it be Cup, IndyCars, F1, or what not, I'm going to going to try and catch as much possible racing action as possible. So I'm going to go to the ARCA race, the truck race, the Nationwide race, and whatever else they've got going on as well as the main event. I don't quite understand the people who just go to the cup race and nothing else.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I'm going to the Nationwide race at Daytona because:
-Plate racing owns.
-There is a slightly better than normal possibility of a non-Cup driver winning.
-I'm going to be in the area and this will most likely be the only live racing I get this year anyway.
-A family friend from the UK is also going to be in town and wants a relatively cheap intro to NASCAR, with his hand forced because he's going back the day of the 400.

Judging from the crowds at most companion races, though, most people aren't agreeing with my and gret's opinions. Which makes the "We need Kyle Busch in the field to get people to attend NNS races" theory seem like NASCAR-fabricated crap.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Did anyone else see that JWT is using Kentucky as a test session? What a tool.

https://twitter.com/Knighter01/status/482573780309385216

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Nationwide: Man I hate when these Cup drivers in Cup team prepared cars race against these washouts and rookies in other Cup team prepared cars

Local Track: Man, can you believe X showed up tonight? He's driving [local overfunded hero]'s backup car! This is awesome!

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 15 days!)

VikingSkull posted:

Nationwide: Man I hate when these Cup drivers in Cup team prepared cars race against these washouts and rookies in other Cup team prepared cars

Local Track: Man, can you believe X showed up tonight? He's driving [local overfunded hero]'s backup car! This is awesome!

I love Rowdy but did you just seriously compare him to Kenny Schrader?

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
What's the difference, really? Schrader made a good chunk of change in Cup and now invades big money races at little tracks. It's the same thing, if not a bit worse.

Keep in mind I support such things, gently caress the little guy, racing is for rich people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
Cause Schrader is a legit cool guy, that's the difference. Every interaction I had with him was awesome, even in downtown Detroit the guy was being legit to everyone.

• Locked thread