Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

gret posted:

Anyone else here going to Elko to watch some ARCA short track mayhem this Saturday?

e: hey SRA are you racing at Elko? Don't see you on the entry list.

I'm the worst. The speedway may be flooded by the time Saturday rolls around, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

There's a guy in front of me at Progressive Field wearing a SCCA shirt and a Mid-Ohio '97 hat. I wish I wasn't so shy. Dude must like good racing.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

FuzzySkinner posted:

That's me.

It's not

Seriously what are you doing in Cleveland? Get out while you still can!

Don't worry, it's the bottom of the 9th and we're going to drive a ways toward Cincinnati tonight. We'll be out soon.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

JuffoWup posted:

Oh god, stay away from cincinnati too.

But but...The chili!

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Did anyone else see that JWT is using Kentucky as a test session? What a tool.

https://twitter.com/Knighter01/status/482573780309385216

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

Also I have a question. When I started posting here a few years ago, most of the posters were funny and we'd have a good time. Now most of you are bitter and really unfunny.

Why the gently caress are you still watching and posting?

I don't know about you, but I've been bitter since NASCAR dicked Mark out of a championship in 1990.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

The speedway is nice. It's a bit sticky out though. I'll post a couple of pics after I get home, the Awful app doesn't seem to have the capability.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

keevo posted:

Wow I really regret that I missed this.

poo poo, I was at the drat speedway and missed it!

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

So there's rain and thunderstorms and hail and chance of tornadoes at Iowa for the IndyCar race, Trucks raced on the right day.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

kidcoelacanth posted:

Is the ARCA race on TV?

It's on FS2. SRA's winning, if you didn't hear.

Cannot Find Server posted:

please sra, don't hurt 'em

Do it!

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

That is absolutely hilarious. Too bad I'm so far from Indy.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Did anyone see that Jeremy Mayfield did an AMA on r/NASCAR? It was pretty interesting.

http://www.reddit.com/r/NASCAR/comments/2biisr/im_jeremy_mayfield_former_nascar_driver_and_some/

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

devmd01 posted:

Wrong door there, JWT

I'm insulted.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

So, let's have some fun with the most severe penalties of all-time in NASCAR:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/hamlins-penalty-stacks-historically-210000275--nascar.html

9/2013
Action: Clint Bowyer's arm gets sore. He scratches it and, in the process, maybe throws a race, knocks Jeff Gordon and Ryan Newman out of the Chase and puts Joey Logano and Martin Truex, Jr. in.
Penalty: 15, 55, 56 teams lose 50 driver and owner points. Penalty knocks Truex back out of the Chase but, in the long run, has no bearing whatsoever on Clint Bowyer.

7/2014
Action: Denny Hamlin runs a car which NASCAR doesn't like.
Penalty: 75 points, 6 race suspension for car chief and crew chief, neither of which will affect Hamlin in the Chase.

5/2009
Action: Carl Long's used engine for the Sprint Showdown is .0016 cubic inches too large.
Penalty: 200 points, and a fine which bankrupts Long to show other teams YOU'D BETTER NOT DICK WITH OUR CAR GOD DAMNIT, SEE WHAT WE DID TO THAT SCHLUB?

2/1990
Action: Mark Martin's carburetor spacer is found to be out of spec, however this does not affect the performance of the car.
Penalty: 46 points. Martin later loses the championship to Dale Earnhardt by 26 points. NASCAR: We love arbitrary penalties!

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

:frogout:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

bigbillystyle posted:

I'll play the fantasy football again this year. I think E.B. ran it last year didn't she?

I did, but I'm working full time and taking 18 credits so I really don't have time to run a league this season. Sorry guys. :eng99:

• Locked thread