Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
I decided to subject myself to some needless suffering, so I decided to go Pocono with my cousin and his wife. It's been the first time I've been there in four years.

There's no real story to tell, as we weren't there for Saturday night shaninigans, but I did take a few pics to share here.

The infield entrance off of Andretti Road.

Our view of turn 2:

Looking toward turn 1. You can't really tell from the pic, but turn 1 is nowhere as close as it looks in this photo.

Looking towards the main grandstands.

My treats for the day.

I walked down to the emergency vehicle gate to get some cloer shots, and as luck would have it, this is the best one of the group.

The fly over at the beginning of the race went directly over our heads, but I wasn't prepared and missed a perfect shot. :saddowns:

It was great seeing Junior win especially since my cousin loathes him so much.

I'm thinking about going back up there in August. A buddy of mine told me that Pocono is charging $5 a carload on Saturday night to get in the infield. Can't really beat that price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

tomaski posted:

Sorry folks, I don't want to derail the thread but I got a question and can't find any other specific NASCAR topics.

I'm from Scotland, but going on a trip to the US and I'll be in Dallas during the start of November. I've decided I want to go to the Texas 500, but can only find tickets for the whole event available on the site. My question is; does anybody know when the tickets for just the Sunday event will be released and if so, whats the availability like? Are these snapped up in minutes, or do I have a reasonable shot at buying them? Also, I can't find anything on specific costs for just the Sunday event, would I actually be making a decent saving over just buying the full package?

If anybody wants to chime in with further suggestions, ideas or advice I'd be really grateful.

If you're the adventurous type, buy the ticket(s) on race day at the track. You'll be able to buy them at the ticket window, or from someone selling extras. It's not like it's going to sell out, so there should be plenty available.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

CBJSprague24 posted:

...they're running it on a god drat Wednesday night.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

skaboomizzy posted:

Mark Martin hops into the 14, wins, makes the Chase somehow, wins the title that has always eluded him.

Hanging on this scenario.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

leica posted:

It's too hard to tell from that lovely video exactly what went down so to assume Tony was negligent or a criminal is just speculation until better video comes out.

The guy that got ran over was mostly to blame for putting himself in that situation to begin with. Who the gently caress walks out onto a track like that with a bunch of open wheel cars coming at you.

You speak logic, therefore you am dumb.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Ordinaire posted:

Just saw the footage on ESPN of all places. Jesus.

Not to minimize the tragedy, but for future reference, ESPN is to sports what MTV is to music.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Cygni posted:

are we doin SASCAR fantasy footsball?

A question I would like an answer to as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

seventimessix posted:

I accepted the invite to the fantasy league a couple weeks ago but completely forgot about it until I got an e-mail with my draft results. I probably shouldn't have joined in the first place this year so if anyone wants a thoroughly average auto-drafted team to play against what looks like a bunch of other auto-draft teams let me know.

My team probably looks auto-drafted, but sadly I live drafted. :(

• Locked thread