Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 11 days!)

hey welcome to the sascar podcast *three gunshots*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

BMB5150 posted:

I remember in 2006 NBC had a huge spike in commercials. I'm not surprised Turner is doing the same getting every last penny as they know there won't be an repercussions since they're gone next year. Like it really matters at Pocono or Michigan. We'll be pissed at Sonoma and Daytona.

Isn't Daytona "Commercial Free", or did they abandon that?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

The NASCAR Advanced Series to go with the Sprint Cup to confuse the hell out of people.

edit: have Champion sponsor the truck series so we get the Sprint/Advanced/Champion series.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

CBJSprague24 posted:

Kidc posted wondering what the 4th JGR car number would be a while back. As much sense as 19, 80, and 81 might make, 54 is available...

Does JGR do a car number switch like Penske did when they slid Kurt to the 22 and give Kyle his seemingly random number in Cup, keeping M&M's with the 18?

I never got why they didn't do 19 anyway. I know Evernham had it for a long time but it's still weird.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

I like it.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Elfforkusu posted:

Somebody remind me why NASCAR doesn't race the long course anymore.

Too difficult.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

kidcoelacanth posted:

Hello I was at lunch, anything interesting happen?

Josh Wise won handily, Kevin Harvick said "steve boyland will you marry me" and obama said nascar is cool.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Quantrill posted:

So, how about that 42 car field for Kentucky?

As much as I want to post "IT'S HAPPENING.gif" they'll probably wrangle Joe Nemecheck into running another car to bump it up to 43.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

shyduck posted:

I'm pretty creeped out that somebody set up a twitter for the dog, and posts as if they were the dog

There are people who will make facebook accounts for their fictional anime wives and then post as them.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

L_Harrison posted:

lol 42 cars in the Cup race. That's the lowest field since 1997, and those races with less than 43 had DNQs (if we ignore the postponed 2001 Loudon race)

insert itshappening.gif here.

Wow NASCAR couldn't convince a 43rd to show up. Tear down Kentucky go back to North Wilkesboro.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

VikingSkull posted:

Nationwide: Man I hate when these Cup drivers in Cup team prepared cars race against these washouts and rookies in other Cup team prepared cars

Local Track: Man, can you believe X showed up tonight? He's driving [local overfunded hero]'s backup car! This is awesome!

I love Rowdy but did you just seriously compare him to Kenny Schrader?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

SATURDAY NIGHT SHORT TRACK SHOOT OUT STYLE

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Fag Boy Jim posted:

NIGHT TIME IS THE RIGHT TIME

SATURDAY NIGHT'S ALRIGHT ALRIGHT

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Sorry your post regarding night racing wasn't in ALL CAPS so I didn't read it.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

The Nationwide Series.gif

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

VikingSkull posted:

this is the post where I gripe endlessly and still watch because I'm a sad human with very low self worth

Wait is there a race tonight?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Fun Kasey Kahne fact: Sterling Marlin has more Top 5 (2-0) and Top 10 (6-3) points finishes than Kahne.

You mean in like Trucks? Because I'm 90% sure Kahne has won a race in cup.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

VikingSkull posted:

Also I have a question. When I started posting here a few years ago, most of the posters were funny and we'd have a good time. Now most of you are bitter and really unfunny.

Why the gently caress are you still watching and posting?

Please don't use the u word.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

CBJSprague24 posted:

Well, that's interesting. Wonder if there's any basis to his tweet.

Hell yeah get Darlington out of the way early that way there's nothing at all to look forward to for 4 months.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Your 2015 NASCAR Champion Trevor Bayne!

edit: For real though there will never be a NASCAR split. Indy and Sportscars are still recent memory.
edit2: "What we’re trying to do is maybe more close to Formula One...." blaarghahaharrgh

Peanut President fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jul 7, 2014

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Who on earth is that invested in LOTR and would waste their time watching it edited down "for time" with commercials every 5 minutes?

edit: "NASCAR ruined a 'Lord Of The Rings' marathon on TNT, and Twitter is revolting", you can say that again.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

RTA is such a boring name. I propose we call it the Owner's Cartel.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

"One type of fan that France said is essential to develop is millennials (those born from approximately 1980-2000). He called this effort the number-one focus of NASCAR’s strategy"

What the gently caress.

Guys were gonna target them there kids by using a twitter account and not by, you know, making our product interesting at all.

Kill everyone involved in marketing, tia

Peanut President fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jul 10, 2014

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

LASTCAR posted:

If I were nine years old today instead of in 1991, I wonder if I'd get hooked on today's product. I honestly don't know.

I think with how good the LASTCAR runnings have been compared to the early 90s you'd be a major fan.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

I'm still not sure why they even have points anymore.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

VikingSkull posted:

lol 2 races in a row the 51 wins, 2 races in a row it fails post race inspection for being too low in the rear

here's an article about Our Champion and his dastardly rival

and one about the Peters/Hornaday hilarity

"the bombastic Gallagher" lmao

Please change SRA's name to Some Bombastic rear end in a top hat thanks.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

The thing about the Mile is that they either run the Mile or Road America. Choose wisely.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

dennyk posted:

Has Goodyear even made any new NASCAR rain tires in the last decade? I thought the Nationwide guys were still using up the leftover old surplus rain tires they churned out years ago when they were first considering using them at the road courses in Cup.

It seems silly to spend the money to make a bunch of special tires that might get used once every few years, if that, since Cup only has the two road course races and the odds of them getting rained out aren't that high, so clearly they need to add several more road course races in rainy areas to make this a viable option. :colbert:

I agree, NASCAR needs to run Pacific and Portland at least once each a year.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

BMB5150 posted:

Make it a season finale or one of the first races. A slam dunk to have rain.

I'd take Portland over Homestead anytime. Forty-degrees and pouring down rain for the finale? :getin:

FuzzySkinner posted:

Yes and they suck. (except when SRA is racing).

The way those three series are constructed make for absolute garbage racing right now. Hell, ARCA is more entertaining to watch then loving Nationwide. How sad is that?

Also, go back to sucking Brian France's dick, and shut the gently caress up. "DURR HIS SERIES SAVED OVAL TRACK RACING".

rear end in a top hat.

Easy there killer. Trucks and Nationwide are not better than ARCA. ARCA is more fun to watch because everyone in it is terrible.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

VikingSkull posted:

"Live from a track you don't know, 40 guys you've never heard of battle it out! Here, only on Fox Sports 7 1/2!"

You just described the Cup series, friend.

The tracks are all so similar now that I have trouble telling which one they're at this week (and I'm sure most other fans are the same way), and in 10 years so many drivers have came in and gone out of Cup that there are only 14 drivers who were around in 2004 and are still going. And only 4 of them (Johnson, Gordon, Biffle and Edwards) are still with the same team.

So yeah let's go watch the Sprint Cup Series! Where the points system changes every year, the only constant in the schedule is the northern swing in June, and 39 entries are completely different every year! But don't you even dream of changing Nationwide or Trucks.

Peanut President fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jul 13, 2014

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

What's better: 5000 people showing up to watch a busch race at Kansas or 5000 people showing up to watch a busch race at Memphis? Choose wisely.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

VikingSkull posted:

This right here is the correct attitude and the people not concerned about NASCAR getting smaller are these dudes.

That's an odd opinion for someone who just a page ago was saying NASCAR shouldn't run short tracks.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

VikingSkull posted:

where did I say that

Like I said, a page or so ago.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Why would the NHRA promote oval racing?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

I kinda hope a bunch of teams don't read carefully and we get like 8 cars with their numbers being "'14"

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

VikingSkull posted:

8 this year with a revolving set of paint schemes.

I know it's fun to launch broadsides at everything NASCAR does but seriously pick your battles. Half of you look like lunatics.

Thanks for the input Viking "nascar shouldn't run short tracks" Skull.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

FuzzySkinner posted:

USAC Silver Crown is still very much a thing, and it appears that places like Gateway and Pikes Peak were well attended.

Gateway and Pikes Peak went bankrupt.

VikingSkull posted:

more like Viking "Nationwide shouldn't be a road course series" Skull

Ret-conning already I see.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

devmd01 posted:

Speaking of dirt tracks, I'm going to my first dirt track sprint car race tonight in middle of nowhere, Indiana. Indiana sprint week owns, there's a dirt track sprint car race every night somewhere in the state.

Which one? If you're gonna waste your time going to Putnamville I feel bad for you when Terre Haute is the best track in the ISW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

L_Harrison posted:

The gently caress? They're actually holding quite a bit of speed for being an oval in the rain. They could easily race in the rain in the Cup series on tracks a mile or less in length, but no the world's top drivers are regulated by the biggest pussy of a sanctioning body.

Cannot Find Server posted:

Europe: better at oval racing than the United States

Y'all realize that's a parking lot they're racing in right?

• Locked thread