Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elfforkusu
Jan 15, 2011
NASCAR continues to live up to their clownshoes reputation with that full course yellow.

But this finish is going to own, so :confuoot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfforkusu
Jan 15, 2011
There better be a goddamn in-car video feed of Tagliani's 2 lap blitz through the field.

Elfforkusu
Jan 15, 2011
Somebody remind me why NASCAR doesn't race the long course anymore.

Elfforkusu
Jan 15, 2011

Dynamite Dog posted:

They would be poo poo on the long course. All the corners it adds would be too narrow to do any racing on so they would just follow each other around until the passing areas they already have.
I remember the sweet camera shot of the cars rising out of the earth uphill to turn 7 (which is no longer nearly as potent a passing area).

Therefore I do not think that's a valid reason.

Elfforkusu
Jan 15, 2011
Junior effs up on a road course. Surprise!

But it was Kenseth, overall a good result.

Elfforkusu
Jan 15, 2011
Junior on a road course with a good car is hilarious. He drives it like it's a monster truck.

Elfforkusu
Jan 15, 2011

VikingSkull posted:

Running in the rain at a short track would be fine. NASCAR doesn't run that many short tracks. Goodyear isn't going to pay to develop rain tires for those short tracks, and lug them to the track, when most of the time it doesn't rain at those tracks.
Solution: more short tracks on the schedule.

As an added bonus, there would be more short tracks on the schedule.

Elfforkusu
Jan 15, 2011
Ambrose. :worship:

Elfforkusu
Jan 15, 2011
Wreck was caused by Dinger's brake check, fwiw

Elfforkusu
Jan 15, 2011
That was great.

WTF did they do to the barrier? :stonk:

Elfforkusu
Jan 15, 2011

canti32 posted:

Haven't watched a full race in quite a while, decided to watch today due to recent events, and god drat this is what I used to love about NASCAR. Have all the races been this heated or is this just road course supremacy?
You got it!

Wish we could ax all the 1.5/2 milers and replace them with short tracks and road courses. Alas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfforkusu
Jan 15, 2011

leica posted:

Dinger clearly wanted it more than Ambrose. Great finish at Watkins, love that track.
Nah, Dinger was just more willing to run him off the track.

Think Rudd vs Rusty back in the day.

• Locked thread