Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

No Men Here. Only Monsters.
Hello All,

Its finally that time of year, where all the little out-of-shape boys and those super cool, but rare girls gather around their TV sets/internet connections to watch the E3 conferences. First up is Microsoft. Hopefully, this won't be an especially lovely show for them as they have a lot of ground to make up for in the console wars.

Enough of my jibber-jabber. Let's start the show!

Edit: People keep yelling at me, saying my first post is terrible. They demand that I put in more information. As I'm terrified of anonymous forum dwellers, I will meekly comply.

The conference starts streaming at 12:30 PM Eastern/ 9:30 AM Pacific.

You can find the official GameSpot livestream here: http://www.gamespot.com/e3/microsof...onference-2014/

Below is additional information originally posted by the vastly superior internet hero, Quest For Glory II.

Day One Schedule reminder (Post about anything not-the-Xbox-keynote in The Road to E3 thread please):

http://i.minus.com/ib0E6jm9o0Ik8z.png

Official E3 Streams for Xbox:

Twitch (E3's Official Partner): http://www.twitch.tv/twitch
Gametrailers/SpikeTV: http://www.gametrailers.com/e3
Xbox: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/e3

Apocalypse fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Jun 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
So, uh, when does it start and where can we watch it? If you think I'm gonna look this poo poo up myself you're mistaken! Give me links you lazy shite

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I've got a loving huge dick.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Hi Apocalypse. I also hope this press conference is good.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
YOU ARE NOT FIT TO BE AN OP.

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

You can find the official GameSpot livestream here: http://www.gamespot.com/e3/microsoft-press-conference-2014/

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

suddenlyissoon posted:

YOU ARE NOT FIT TO BE AN OP.

You are absolutely right. This is my second thread ever on this forum. I've failed miserably. You may proceed to be a huge dick to me.

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

Mo_Steel posted:

Hi Apocalypse. I also hope this press conference is good.

Imaginary testicles, Ahoy!

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Apocalypse is cool

mascotte
Mar 21, 2013

Ling-Ling here to destroy all! And give children seizure!
I'm really excited to hear all about the Kinected, Cloud powered future of the Xbone.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The Xbox One conference is at 12:30 PM ET (9:30 AM PT), and TV coverage of E3 begins at 11:30 AM ET on Spike TV.

Day One Schedule reminder (Post about anything not-the-Xbox-keynote in The Road to E3 thread please):

Official E3 Streams for Xbox:

Twitch (E3's Official Partner): http://www.twitch.tv/twitch
Gametrailers/SpikeTV: http://www.gametrailers.com/e3
Xbox: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/e3

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

I had all the consoles of last generation (and the one before that), but my main squeeze was the 360. I haven't bought a new console just yet but, I've decided on the PS4. All of my friends seem to be going in that direction and I what I enjoy the most is co-op. I'll get the X1 eventually, but probably after a steeper price drop.

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!
How is twitch for stuff with a million viewers? Is it going to hold up?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Send in the clowns.

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Eating your face since 1991.

Bigsteve posted:

Not if someone decides to play dota while it's live.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Bigsteve posted:

I'm watching on TV while Spike is showing it, just so I don't have to deal with initial stream problems.

Twitch Plays Pokemon had E3 levels of bandwidth traffic and the whole infrastructure started falling apart until they gave it its own server, so I assume they're doing that this time.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
I don't know what I enjoy about E3 more. Hearing about new games & offerings from Xbox, Sony & Nintendo or seeing the gaming tears shed by NeoGaf as the site goes down or they find some factual error about an upcoming game.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

Breaking E3 News: This Dudes Dick Is Real Big

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

I can't wait to see Phil "Games Games Games" Spencer walk on stage puffing his chest out like a loving rooster to spend the next ninety minutes talking about Halo Halo Halo.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Apocalypse posted:

I had all the consoles of last generation (and the one before that), but my main squeeze was the 360. I haven't bought a new console just yet but, I've decided on the PS4. All of my friends seem to be going in that direction and I what I enjoy the most is co-op. I'll get the X1 eventually, but probably after a steeper price drop.

Stop posting and edit some details into your terrible OP you jerk!!

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Please add this to the very informative OP:

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Titanfall happened now it's time to halo halo halo. Halo the game halo the tv series halo for life.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
If 1 million Xbones are sold in the next four hours, we will execute Don Mattrick live on stage.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Ugh, I've got a meeting during Microsoft's conference this year. First time I'll miss the comedy.

Orv
May 4, 2011

1stGear posted:

If 1 million Xbones are sold in the next four hours, we will execute Don Mattrick live on stage.

Goddamnit I just bought a house and now you tell me.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
The only way Microsoft's press conference could be successful this year is if they announce they're selling off their gaming division.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Microsoft's conference could be a 90 minute apology for 2013 and it wouldn't make a difference, the damage has been done.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Sure our console is less powerful and more expensive than its direct competitor and we've had to 180 on almost every major policy but here's a list of reasons to get excited about the Xbone:

Orv
May 4, 2011
I just want to see how they spin removing the Kinect from the box as a good thing on stage.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
If someone wants to make a better thread with more information, feel free to do so

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I don't see why the Microsoft E3 TVIV thread needs anything in the OP aside from links to the conference. Not like it's hard to find anyway

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Orv posted:

I just want to see how they spin removing the Kinect from the box as a good thing on stage.
I feel like the word "choice" is going to be highlighted a lot.
As in, "we're so great because we give our customers a choice in their level of gameplay."

Then again, I don't know who would choose to "upgrade" to the Kinect if there aren't going to be any games supporting it in the future.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Kewpuh posted:

If someone wants to make a better thread with more information, feel free to do so

I'll pass, thanks.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Mr. Pumroy posted:

Titanfall happened now it's time to halo halo halo. Halo the game halo the tv series halo for life.

Excuse me, have you seen Sunset Overdrive.... 's bus?

Predictions for Microsoft Conference:
- Halo gone mad. No one cares.
- Sunset Overdrive goes wacky! No one cares.
- Trying to imply Call of Duty is an exclusive. No one cares.
- Biggest applauds are for the DisKinect.

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jun 9, 2014

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

net cafe scandal posted:

I'll pass, thanks.

Well now you have to

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Kewpuh posted:

But this one is perfect

Orv
May 4, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

Excuse me, have you seen Sunset Overdrive.... 's bus?

Predictions for Microsoft Conference:
- Halo gone mad. No one cares.
- Sunset Overdrive goes wacky! No one cares.
- Trying to imply Call of Duty is an exclusive. No one cares.
- Biggest applauds are for the DisKinect.

- They will poorly demo a Kinect game even though no-one will ever buy another Kinect.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Just replace the entire OP with "They named the third Xbox the Xbox One."

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Kewpuh posted:

Well now you have to

Wait, WTF? Kewped again...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

net cafe scandal posted:

Post the dick.

• Locked thread