Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Your Friend posted:

Microsoft hit it out of the loving park with their presentation. Kamiya being there was icing on the cake. It's loving over for Sony if they don't have something equally epic as that.

Who is this Kamiya guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Don Tacorleone posted:

Crackdown was a poo poo mediocre game series and if you're excited for a new one because of nostalgia, you need to revisit the old ones and their orb collecting

Unless you're one of those ocds that enjoys collecting 100% of shirt in games! then enjoy I guess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egxjuLkhXUw

crackdown.avi

kater
Nov 16, 2010

alg posted:

Who is this Kamiya guy

Creator of Megaman.

Renagado
Feb 21, 2014
so where the EA thread at?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Quest For Glory II posted:

Watched on TV so I can give you the official framerates for those game demos:

COD: AW - 60fps with framedrops
Forza Horizon 2 - 30fps sometimes dropping to 20fps
Evolve - 30fps
Assassin's Creed Unity - 30fps framedropping to 15fps
Sunset Overdrive - 30fps
Fable Legends - 24fps
Ori & the Blind Forest - 60fps
Halo 2 HD - 30fps (they claimed it was 60 fps; it was not)
Limbo 2 - 60fps
Tomb Raider 2 - CG
Witcher 3 - 30fps
Phantom Dust 2 - CG
The Division - 30fps
Scalebound - CG
Crackdown - CG

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
The energy from this crowd really pumped us back up. GAMERS

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Armor-Piercing posted:

Really? Were they holding PS4 controllers or something? This would be amazing.

Might have to rewind it, but the button prompts looked a little suspect.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
I don't think they knocked it out of the park but they played a solid game. Nothing there that I felt insulted by.

Basically this should be the 'par' that all GOOD press conferences should shoot for.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

On the twitch after show, the guy from Insomniac just complimented the crowd's "energy". That crowd could be summed up as :geno:

Jabu
Feb 11, 2004

There are no heroes left in man
Gametrailers ticker continues to talk about "Ori and the Bling Forest".

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Guys

remember Conker?

So random.

Leb
Jan 15, 2004

Change came to America on November the 4th, 2008, in the form of an unassuming Senator from the state of Illinois.

Vintersorg posted:

<framerates>

Is this QFGII guy a wizard or something?!

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Barely any actual gameplay, so many third person cover based shooters, Conker gets hosed over again, and a surprising amount of HD remakes instead of new games. Great conference, Microsoft :smug:

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

Bigass Moth posted:

Guys

remember Conker?

So random.

Yeah that was the only lame part. Wasn't helped by his animation being a bit wonky. But it didn't really ruin anything.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.
Best part of the ms conference? PHANTOM DUST!!

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Lol

P. much

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Don't you guys remember the 90s?!

Gishin
Jun 15, 2013

But... This... What is this practice for?
"Still no dubsteps".

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SunAndSpring posted:

Barely any actual gameplay, so many third person cover based shooters, Conker gets hosed over again, and a surprising amount of HD remakes instead of new games. Great conference, Microsoft :smug:

The sad thing is it was still better than at least the last few MS E3 conferences

Not even close to a great or good normal 90 minutes, but for MS? After last year? Sadly, it probably is. That's how hosed they are.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

nebby posted:

pretty sure the gaming industry is out of ideas

Naw there's still new ideas, it's just that when there's a good one every loving body and their mothers latch-on until said idea is lame see the new mobility shooting fad.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Astro Nut posted:

I ended up liking that conference by the end, though it started out mostly meh. Nice to see some actual exclusives and evidence of 1080p, but at the same time, it would have also been nice if more had actual gameplay to go along with the prerendered trailers. I swear their indie footage was mostly taken from videos the devs had already released themselves - recognised the Mighty No 9 stuff pretty easily. Still, definitely an improvement over last year's, not that such would be difficult.

Nobody should be happy to see exclusives. Whatever company has them, they're basically kicking the consumer in the balls to better compete with each other. We're so used to it by now that it's easy to forget what a breathtakingly awful idea exclusivity is, unless the team can only develop for one console or whatever.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I am literally shaking.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Sweeney Tom posted:

The sad thing is it was still better than at least the last few MS E3 conferences

Not even close to a great or good normal 90 minutes, but for MS? After last year? Sadly, it probably is. That's how hosed they are.

"We hosed it up real bad last year and topped it off with letting Sony loving spike the ball with their console being $100 cheaper. Let's sit on our hands and do a boring show so nobody can make fun of us this time"

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Spacedad posted:

Yeah that was the only lame part. Wasn't helped by his animation being a bit wonky. But it didn't really ruin anything.

Supposedly they're putting Conker assets into Project Spark. But honestly though, is anyone "upset" about that? It's not like Bad Fur Day was really that great a game, it was kind of lovely even by 2000-2001 standards. You probably only remember it because "whoa, naughty language and nudity in a video game? this is blowing my teenage mind!"

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
I just realized that it looks like they are remaking "Out of This World" as "Another World"?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Strategic Tea posted:

Nobody should be happy to see exclusives. Whatever company has them, they're basically kicking the consumer in the balls to better compete with each other. We're so used to it by now that it's easy to forget what a breathtakingly awful idea exclusivity is, unless the team can only develop for one console or whatever.

That's true, let me fire up Sonic 3 on my SNES.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

Don Tacorleone posted:

Crackdown was a poo poo mediocre game series and if you're excited for a new one because of nostalgia, you need to revisit the old ones and their orb collecting

Unless you're one of those ocds that enjoys collecting 100% of shirt in games! then enjoy I guess

Crackdown 1 is a true VG classic.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Beef Waifu posted:

I am literally shaking.

Get murdered

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

I imagine all the Xbros will be walking with a spring in their step now that the Xbone is back.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

Spacedad posted:

I don't think they knocked it out of the park but they played a solid game. Nothing there that I felt insulted by.

Basically this should be the 'par' that all GOOD press conferences should shoot for.

Considering what they had to work with, it was pretty good. I have no interest in 99% of what was shown and will never buy the console, but if you had watched that presentation with no/little prior knowledge about the state of the Bone, you would probably come away thinking it was in good shape.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Your Friend posted:

Get murdered

Hahahaha`

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional

Your Friend posted:

Get murdered

Knocking it out of the park xbone presser style with these sick burns

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

BottledBodhisvata posted:

I just realized that it looks like they are remaking "Out of This World" as "Another World"?

Another World is the original name.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

SunAndSpring posted:

I don't get this. Everything coming out anytime soon had gameplay shown. Of course Kamiya's Magic Dino Ride isn't ready to be played. Last year Sunset Whatever was CGI, and this year it had gameplay. Because they like, created it, and poo poo.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

TheHoosier posted:

Might have to rewind it, but the button prompts looked a little suspect.

It was xbone buttons. i checked.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

So the only good games they showed were multiplatform and will run better on the PS4 anyway right

Beef Waifu posted:

I am literally shaking.

Have you tried sugar or are you just going through the DTs or what I don't understand

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

BottledBodhisvata posted:

"Another World" is what its name has always been everywhere but the US, I think.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

the biggest round of applause was when the halo guy said '1080p'

Leb
Jan 15, 2004

Change came to America on November the 4th, 2008, in the form of an unassuming Senator from the state of Illinois.

TheHoosier posted:

Witcher 3 shown on PS4

I just rewatched that, and if you're referring to the icons in the upper left, that's the Witcher Sign for Igni (and Aard with a palette swap).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Upon further inspection, the protagonist to that Platnium game is literally Nero wearing those bad Dr. Dre headphones.

• Locked thread