Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

mass effect a new trilogy!!

:suicide:

there is no way this isnt happening, you all know this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Papa John's

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Orv posted:

Amy Hennig went to EA to write the story for... Battlefront?

Justin Tyme posted:

oh cool the new Battlefront is, get this, a remake of Battlefront

marg bar amrika gently caress these remakes and reboots

That doesn't make any sense. Battlefront 1 didn't have a story. Just good fun poo poo.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If Mass Effect 4 is poo poo, and Mirror's Edge 2 is just Mirror's Edge 1

I can't even be mad, that's just new levels of hilarity for EA

mascotte
Mar 21, 2013

Ling-Ling here to destroy all! And give children seizure!
Mass Effect Trilogy with all DLC on PS4. I really want to play through all of Mass Effect with a controller.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

*Dragon Age Inquisition shows up on screen*

"Hi guys, we're really intimidated by The Witcher 3 so here's some gameplay with our plastic faced models."

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012
IF there's a new Battlefront it will probably be tied to the Disney movie, for better or for worse.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

mascotte posted:

Mass Effect Trilogy with all DLC on PS4. I really want to play through all of Mass Effect with a controller.

This is what I also want to see.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

You talk about white people a lot

so does everything else

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Commissar Ken posted:

That doesn't make any sense. Battlefront 1 didn't have a story. Just good fun poo poo.

we're living in a brave new world

really wish game "journalists" would actually do their job and call publishers out on this sort of phrasing/practice but then the papa johns and mountain dew sponsorships might dry up

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
I want to see some freaking games already. Who's pumped?

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

al-azad posted:

"Hi guys, we're really intimidated by The Witcher 3 so here's some gameplay with our plastic faced models."

Does the witcher offer you an immersive, choice based harem experience? Checkmate soviets

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

just make a multiplayer-only mass effect title, in the style of ME3's

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

al-azad posted:

I really would have loved to be a fly on in the wall with the EA/Bioware people when that gameplay was shown. :allears:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Suspicious Cook posted:

Can people tell me what was so great about Mirror's Edge? I thought it was a mildly entertaining albeit buggy experience that I don't totally regret spending $5 on during a Steam sale.

As someone who didn't like the game at all (terrible controls, boring environment, unable to skip it's comically awful story), my impression is that people liked that it was something different.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
When's Road Rash?

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Bholder posted:

Please, no more Mass Effect!

It is over, let it die quietly now that everybody stopped shouting at the ending.

Let it have what little dignity it has left!

Get ready for the Mass Effect sub based mmo coming 2015!

Orv
May 4, 2011

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Does the witcher offer you an immersive, choice based harem experience? Checkmate soviets

If by 'harem' you mean plouging anything with tits across several hundred kilometers, sure.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
The gameplay of ME3 and multi was actually pretty fun. Another game with those mechanics would be acceptable to me.

HAAA-ARGH! HAAA-ARGH!

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Gerald the Witcher not having gay relationships makes me feel sad.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Random Stranger posted:

As someone who didn't like the game at all (terrible controls, boring environment, unable to skip it's comically awful story), my impression is that people liked that it was something different.

I thought the game was really pretty and it was fun running around places. The combat didn't personally bother me. It was not a game I'd recommend to anyone else, though.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The Taint Reaper posted:

When's Road Rash?

There's that Kickstarter game Road Redemption or whatever that's the new Road Rash.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Lemming posted:

The gameplay of ME3 and multi was actually pretty fun. Another game with those mechanics would be acceptable to me.

HAAA-ARGH! HAAA-ARGH!

Krogan Vanguard was the best thing. Charge in like a freight train and headbutt anything that isn't already dead! :black101:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I'ver never played either Witcher games because I keep getting them confused with poo poo like Wet, Two Worlds, Rage, and a bunch of other games that all look the same.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

I'ver never played either Witcher games because I keep getting them confused with poo poo like Wet, Two Worlds, Rage, and a bunch of other games that all look the same.

what

Orv
May 4, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

You might be retarded.

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

Orv posted:

If by 'harem' you mean plouging anything with tits across several hundred kilometers, sure.

Yeah Geralt sure is great!

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
There are tables in the EA press conference. Does that mean that people are getting served drinks? That would be swell.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

:raise:

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Better, there was an actual whorehouse where I could pay to watch my plastic doll sex scenes instead of having to work the entire game for them.

Random Stranger posted:

Pretty much. I would actually enjoy just a free running racing game, leave out all the dystopian garbage and fighting cops.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Orv posted:

You might be retarded.

I just can't tell the difference between one brown and/or grim dark game from another.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Tinny_Tim posted:

Yeah Geralt sure is great!

Maybe Cyberpunk won't be massively sexist? :shrug:

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

Orv posted:

Hahaha, we'll see.

It won't! :ssh:

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Orv posted:

Token Cracker
Dec 22, 2004
future panties

Orv
May 4, 2011
Minute and a half to hot nonsense.

mascotte
Mar 21, 2013

Ling-Ling here to destroy all! And give children seizure!

The Taint Reaper posted:

I just can't tell the difference between one brown and/or grim dark game from another.

I don't remember much about the first game but Witcher 2 is a really pretty colorful game.

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

Orv posted:

Judging by the promo stuff/artwork they've released for it, I'd say there's about a 0% chance that it won't.
EDIT: Beaten several times over, including at least one person who posted the actual image I was referring to :v:

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

You might be colorblind, TW3 was the least brown game shown that wasn't indie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Orv posted:

Minute and a half to hot nonsense.

EA Sports: It's (hopefully not) in the conference

• Locked thread