Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rowsdower Goldstein - Main Bedroom

"You can use mine, it's designed for more than one person anyway" said Rowsdower to Stanley

"Hey does anyone know if the Professor has a PAL?" "If he doesn't then he could get in a lot of trouble having a shotgun."

"Anyway lets open the desk up so we can see if anything else could potentially get the Prof Mountine Manhandled...especially with the weird jars I found." "Do you mind Thomas I promise I wont break it, just open it?"

Lockpicking skill to the desk and two other locks if it's cool with Thomas. Lockpicking Skill 13 +2 for a search endoscope so Lockpicking 15 and also a full set of locking picking tools and drills and saws as needed).

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jun 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Thomas Brandt - Cabin Child(?) Bedroom

"Oh, yeah, sure. Go for it, Rowsdower." Thomas is too enamored with the mystery desk to question how Rowsdower was going to open it. If he's offering, he's got to have a better plan than finding a big rock or perhaps bending a paper clip, right?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Stanley Zubizaretta - Main Bedroom

"All right. Thanks again, Rows."

Stanley heads over to the corner and grabs up his heavy duffle bag. He leaves the guys to their desk-screwing-with and walks outside; the sun is setting fast, and he needs to get everything unpacked and set up. It doesn't take long for him to walk to the military vet's tent, though he'll need to wait for him to get back so he can retrieve a spare sleeping bag from wherever he's hiding them.

Stanley leaves the collapsed boom and shotgun mic in the bag, and instead pulls out his Marlin. The gun is disassembled into three main components: the lever, the receiver/barrel, and the stock (as well as a few pins and screws and the bolt/ejector kept in a ziplock bag). He gets to work for a few minutes with the screwdriver in his kit, reassembling the weapon.

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Inside the Cabin: Children's Room

Picking both locks takes Rowsdower all of two minutes. It takes him longer to fit the pick and torsion wrench into the locks than it does to pop them. Opening up the rather heavy desk reveals a lot of empty space, and a beat up, stained, leather bound book.

Outside the Cabin

A short glance at the sky from Stanley shows the wind is picking up. Might be one of those nasty Alberta summer storms, especially this close to the Rockies.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rowsdower Goldenstein Children's Room

"Hey guys I found a really neat book...but you don't need to take my word for it!"

Rowsdower Examines the Book using any Hidden Lore or Literature Skills He Can...along with the jars from Earlier

"Oh Stan, I screwed up, I only have one sleeping bag, but you can use it, since I screwed up." "I have a bunch of coats and emergency blankets and regular blankets to make a nice bed that is still easily better than CF accommodations in Kandahar, that I can use." "I guess I packed lighter then I remembered."

After examining the book Rowsdower seats up all the gear and kit inside his tent dome. He also loads, chambers. and puts the M14S and Tavor settings. Something about this place is weird and he's getting that bad feeling he had before he went on raids with sketchy or poo poo intelligence.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jun 11, 2014

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Thomas Brandt - Cabin Child(?) Bedroom

Thomas, visibly excited, tries his hardest to read over Rowsdower's shoulder.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Stanley Zubizaretta - Rowsdower's Tent

As the boys in the cabin break the locks, Stanley finishes assembling his Marlin Guide Gun. The short, handy rifle was bought with his parent's money not long before the trip; his dad owned some rifles and pistols, but Stanley had never owned any guns of his own except for his home defense Glock in 10mm back at the apartment. He figured that, with any manner of large woodland creatures (especially black bears, which he heard were sighted around Edmonton), it would be best to get himself something to carry out into the forest.

After some more internet research, he settled on the big .45-70 Government cartridge from the good ol' USA. He chose the Marlin for its small size, since he wouldn't be popping deer from 200 yards, and bought some heavy jacketed hollow points that guaranteed a good result against whatever beast it was aimed at.

After racking the lever and hearing the satisfying click of the hammer falling on an empty chamber, he thumbs four of the big cartridges into the magazine, racks one in, and shoves another in through the loading gate for a full 4+1 capacity. After clicking the crossbolt safety on, he sets the loaded rifle on the ground near the wall of the tent with the duffle on top of it; the gun has a buttstock shell holder from an American leather company, but he felt no need to fill it; what's he going to need to reload for out here? He's not getting into a firefight. Instead, he loads up his Case-Gard plastic ammo wallet with 10 shells, slips it into his orange hunting vest pocket, and leaves the spare 6 loose in his orange day pack.

With his bear gun ready to rock, Stanley heads out of the tent to get some food.

chitoryu12 fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jun 11, 2014

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Inside the Cabin: Children's Room

Rowsdower's examination of the jars doesn't give him much, unless he opens them. One of the bottles of plant matter is definitely sage though. Whether it's for some sort of ritual, cleansing smoke, or just for throwing on food is unclear though. His attempt at reading the book is even less fruitful: the stained pages are all written in somebody's shorthand.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rowsdower inside the Cabin: Children's Room

Rowsdower first asks if anyone else wants to look at the book and to me him inside. He then retrieves his Tavor and chambers a round and puts the safety on. He attaches the sling and puts Tavor across his back and puts a loaded magazine in his pocket.

He then calls everyone into the Children's room and states "We need to look inside these jars." "I think one contains human blood."

Rowsdower decides to open the jars after first checking for traps first and if his first aid skill can determine if there is blood in one jar.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jun 12, 2014

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Stanley Zubizaretta - Children's Room

Stanley is in the middle of checking out the frank and beans dinner when Rowsdower comes out and grabs his bullpup, calling him in. He was about to protest in favor of dinner when he heard the distinctive sound of a round being chambered in a semi-automatic rifle. Feeling troubled, he grabs his Marlin, slings it on his back, and follows on Rowsdower's heels.

He stares at Rowsdower as he explains about the jars.

"....hang on," he says. "Why did you need your gun for this?"

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rowsdower Children's Room
"Oh I thought I heard a bear or some large animal in the distance."

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Mark Morcott

"Ok, I know you think this is an adventure and that you are some kind of hotshot investigator, but while we are filming a short movie, this is not actually a movie. If you think this is blood, and you found weapons here, I think this be time to call the police. Err, is time to call the police. Whatever. So, should I be pulling my phone out, or is this some kind of prank you prepared for us?"

Mark stands in the doorway, glaring unhappily at the heavily armed Rowsdower and the jars in front of him. His cellphone is in his hand, screen blank.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rowsdower Inside Cabin
Rowsdower looking irritated mumbles something about Mark and Goddard under his breath. He then says, "well let's try and see what the hell it is first." "Besides saying we found a secured weapon and some random jars isn't really going to make the RCMP take notice"

"In fact do our phones even get reception here?"

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.
Nick Currier

Nick folllows Mark into the room and looks rather troubled. "I agree. We're here on a school assigmment, we shouldn't be breaking into anything, and if that is human blood than I want nothing to do with it."

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rowsdower - Cabin
"If it is human blood then when new to get the hell out and get the cops here." "You don't just find something like that and pretend it doesn't exist." "So let's try and figure it out." "Oh can anyone make heads or tails of this book?"

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Mark Morcott

Shaking his head, Mark sighs and gives Nick a look and a wave of his head, indicating that Mark would like to speak to his friend outside.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rowsder
Rowsdower annoyed at Mark goes outside, to his tent where he puts his rifle down and gets a drink of water. He hoped Mark would just calm down if Rowsdower put his gun away lest he'd have to hear stories of CF oppression against some relative of Mark in October 1970.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.
Nick Currier

Nick follows Mark outside of the cabin, shaking his head at the entire situation. He walks a short ways away from the tents, and speaks in a undertone. "Tabernac, I don't like this poo poo at all. Bad enough that rear end in a top hat bringing a drat arsenal with us, I mean I brought a shotgun in case we run into a bear, but he's just creepy. And that's even getting into all that wierd stuff in the cabin."

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Mark Morcott

Nodding his head in agreement, Mark lowers his voice to a whisper as he leans in towards Nick. "Look, I knew at the start that Rowsdower did not like me, that he does not like anyone whose first language is not english, but he had to be in someones group and nobody else would take him, but... he is scaring me. I do not feel safe here Nick. I know this will mess up our project, I will talk to the professor about it, but that man is acting crazy and I am having serious concerns over him doing something crazy like... killing me and hiding my body! Can you drive me back into town? I will pay for gas, pay for a room for the night... once I am in town I can make my own way back to the school, I just cannot stay here."

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Nick Currier

Nick is quiet for a moment, and then nods. "Sure. I Understand what you mean, he really seems to have it in for you. I'll back you up with Jackson if it comes to that. Just give me a minute to get my stuff together, I don't want to leave it all here." He walks over to his tent and throws things back into his bag without bothering to pack carefully, slinging his shotgun over his shoulder, and then taking his tent down.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rowsdower - Outside
Rowsdower says loudly, "I'm not deaf you know, and you're not quite." First I don't like people from Quebec, I don't have any issues with people who don't speak English as a first language." "Second, why the hell would I kill you?" "Look we all want to get this done with and get a good grade and then we never have to interact with each other again, so can we start working on this film."

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Nick Currier

Nick stands up with a grim expression on his face. "Just let it go. Mark would rather be somewhere else right now, and I'm giving him a ride. And up until now you seemed a lot more excited about breaking into locked containers than working on the assignment, so you'll have to forgive me if I'm not sure how serious you are about this."

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rowsdower
"Fine he can do that and I can also leave a message with Professor Jackson saying Mark abandoned the project, and how should we handle it...or we can make the goddamn movie and continue on with our lives.

"I'm pretty sure my sat phone will get a signal and message to Jackson before Mark will." "More so the roads aren't exactly great to drive on in the dark...and its kind of getting dark now."

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Nick Currier

Nick stares at Rowsdowser for a moment, open mouthed, before he manages to speak. "Do you realize what you loving sound like? You've been nothing but an rear end to Mark form the beginning, to the point that he felt threatened by you and didn't want to be out here with you, and You think the best way to handle that is to make more threats? Go ahead, call Jackson if you want, but we're leaving."

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rowsdower

"I've even nothing but nice and helpful, I cooked dinner, gave up my sleeping bag for Stan, and now becuase Mark wants to be a selfish prick and tank everyone's grade...I'm somehow the back guy."

"HOWEVER we can put everything behind us and move forward." Hell if he's so scared of me, tell him to take the M14S or the Tavor, then he won't have to worry. I mean what the hell else does he want?"

Rowsdower takes out his sat phone and prepares to use Fast Talk in a voice mail to Professor Jackson...unless we all calm down and move on

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Thomas Brandt - Cabin

Thomas was disappointed by the contents of the book. Whoever wrote in it didn't even have the courtesy of writing in code. Thomas felt the shorthand was an irritating grey area; while it would take some time to decode, there wasn't even the promise of juicy secrets that actual cryptography could provide. For all Thomas knew, the shorthand could be this rear end in a top hat's grocery lists and the warded desk, some kind of weird prank. Enough distractions. Thomas thought, "Looks like I have one of those groups." He went outside, hoping he could defuse the situation enough so that he would not get stuck having to do all the work himself. "Alright, alright. Can we PLEASE chill the gently caress out? Like, Professor Jackson clearly saw something in us if he let us and only us use his creepy rear end cabin in the woods for filming, and I'd rather it not go to waste. I don't care who starts talking, let's just try to work this out."

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Nick Currier, outside the Cabin

Nick sighs and chuckles mirthlessly. "He wants to be away from you. And quite frankly I don't blame him. He shakes his head and turns away. "I'm done right now. I'm sorry that the rest of you are getting caught up in this but we'll work it out. Why don't you guys stay here, get some of the planning and scripting done. I'll be back tomorrow, but right now Mark and I are going." He walks to his truck, opens the door for Mark, and drives off without another word.

On the road
Nick drives in silence for a few minutes, and then when they reach a straight bit of road reaches into his pocket for his pack of cigarettes. "Mind if i light up? after all that bullshit I could use one." He does't wait for an answer before putting a cigarette and lighting it, taking a long drag as they bump down the road.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rowsdower
"Fine with me, you're right it would suck to piss away an opportunity like this." "I'm ready to get started on this...anyway here as an act of good faith let me make dinner"

Rowsdower uses his cooking skill to make some really good steaks that he had brought in his survivalist food supply, originally as a wrap party surprise for the remaining members
Rowsdower uses his writing and literature skills to start working on a script

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jun 12, 2014

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Mark Morcott

"Yeah... go ahead. It's your car and this is... ugh. First he acts all creepy, then he tries to threaten me with calling Professor Jackson to try and make me stay... Something is wrong with that mans head."

Mark leans against the door of the truck and looks down.

"This probably will tank my grade, we are supposed to learn to work with people who have all sorts of odd personalities, but... were we being paid for this, I would have just resigned on the spot."

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Jesus Christ. I'm gone to play Fallout for a bit and I missed this?

Stanley Zubizaretta - Inside the Cabin

Stanley can do little but watch agape as the group argues. He can't say that he feels bad for Rowsdower; the guy may have been helpful to him when it came to sleeping bags, but he was a little....off. Brought one more gun than he really needed and must have had a whole cache of "interesting" stuff, right down to lockpicking gear. Who was this guy, anyway?

As the old pickup rumbles its way down the road, Stanley can't help but feel a little more alone.

Nevertheless, he's hungry. He follows Rowsdower outside to the campfire, setting his rifle down next to him as he sits on the ground.

"All right, poo poo.....okay," he says. "First step is the script. Once that's done, we can make up a rough shot schedule and get to work. We may be able to film some night stuff after dinner quickly."

He thinks for a second.

"Hang on, what equipment did those two just leave with?"

Stanley uses his default Writing skill of 5 to try and help out.

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Thomas Brandt - Outside the Cabin

Thomas sighs. What a goddamn trainwreck. Still, no point in not getting some work done. Thomas moves to join Stanley at the campfire. "Before we start writing a script, we need to decide what we're doing stylewise. Are we going for found footage or something more traditional?"

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rowsdower

To Thomas "Something more traditional found footage has been played out since it first occurred in Cannibal Holocaust. It's also a pain to shoot correctly and more often then not turns out to be crappy youtube like cinematography."

"Stan, we're fine on gear, I'm sure I have enough in reserve for a few months, let alone a couple of nights."

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Stanley Zubizaretta - Around the Campfire

"I don't mean food and guns," Stanley said. "I mean lights, cameras, makeup, cables. I haven't brought anything but what we can record audio with."

He ponders. "Either way, I'm agreeing on the traditional method. Go for the Evil Dead style."

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Nick Currier, on the road

Nick nods as Mark rants, letting him get his worries off his chest before responding. "Well, sometimes we just have to deal with assholes. I worked up and an oilfield for a year, and some of the guys up there would put Rowsdowser to shame. That's an entirely different atmosphere though, and I don't blame you for wanting to out of there. And don't worry about Jackson, or your grade. Give him a call, tell him you left the cabin due to personal conflicts but you're still involved with the project. I'll back you up, and maybe you can do the editing, the post production work. That way you contribute to the film, but you don't necessarily have to deal with Rowsdowser."

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Thomas Brandt - Around the Campfire

"Let's see, I've got a camera, but that's about it. I'd rather do something traditional too, but we may have to figure something else out if this is all we got. What are you guys thinking for the monster?"

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Stanley Zubizaretta - Around the Campfire

"Hmmm," Stanley ponders. "Maybe.....demonic possession?"

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rowsdower - Around The Campfire
On the film front I have a movie camera and actual film to shoot with and a lab to develop it. I'm a fan of traditional monsters...and given the setting I think Sasquatch would work well.

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Around the Campfire

Between the dark of the brewing storm, and the dark of night, Rowsdower never sees it coming. All he knows is an immense spike of pain, before the blackness takes him away.

Stanley, on the other hand, sees. He sees Rowdower's torso suddenly sprout four bloody points, he sees the skin and bones beast lift the man up by it's claws. Far worse than seeing, is the sound that escapes it's mouthfull of overly long, needle-like teeth. Part way between a roar, a demented laugh, and the sound of gravel being crushed, it reaches straight for Stanley's soul. He sits there, stunned with terror, as the beast drags Rowdower away.

Thomas doesn't fare much better, emptying his stomach quite rapidly when he sees the emancipated thing slide foot long talons through the other man's chest.

Rain begins to fall heavily, and the first peal of thunder rolls in the distance. The storm has arrived.

gfanikf, give us a final post. The odds of you surviving being impaled by 16 inches of claw and taken to who-knows-where are virtually nil. Roland, you're vomiting from sheer terror, and can't do anything for 25 seconds. chitoyu12, you're scared out of your wits, and stunned for 8 seconds

On the Road

Less than three kilometers out, Nick and Mark are both shaken by a sudden, violent BANG as one of Nick's tires blow out. Nick Manages to keep his truck from violently skidding into the ditch, but only barely.

Rain begins to fall heavily, and the first peal of thunder rolls in the distance. The storm has arrived.

everyone, that storm has started. Expect many inches of rain, single digit visibility, and boatloads of lightening within ten minutes.

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Thomas Brandt - Around the Campfire

Thomas barely gets a, "JESUS FUC-" out before having his words replaced with puke. He knows only one thing: he has to get inside the cabin before...that THING gets bored with and/or eats Rowsdower's body!

As soon as Thomas is done puking, he's going to sprint towards the cabin and slam the door shut, locking it if it has a lock and Stanley is also inside. He has Running 12 and a speed of 5.0.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rowsdower
Dies.

• Locked thread