Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rowsdower Goldenstein

Rowsdower pulls up after an extremely bouncy trip on the back roads....it was like Afganistan...just without having to worry about IEDs...just moose in the middle of the road. The SUV and all the gear had faired pretty well so far...nothing short of a miracle considering all the crap he packed in. Most of it was logical, well perhaps not the radiation badge. As he got out of the car he noticed that Nick had arrived earlier along with Mark and Thomas. He had no issues with Nick or Thomas. They seemed nice enough, but he never really talked to them in class. He really did not like Mark, partially due to Mark being from Quebec. Mark was probably going to want to include some of the gutter French that they speak in Caillou land in the movie. Mark never shut the gently caress up about Goddard and other really boring French directors in class, never good directors like Lucio Fulci or Ishiro Honda just boring post war French stuff. "Oh well" Rowsdower thought he wanted the A so he was going to try and work with everyone. Thoughts of Mark drifted as Rowsdower saw the cabin..."gently caress me" he thought...it's like Canadian Kandhar...just no Taliban and a slightlyless overall smell with the lack poo poo and rotting corpses that highlighted Khandhar. "Oh well" he thought as he put on a somewhat disengous smile and waved to his class mates and started to unload his SUV.

Survival 12 to find a good spot and setup camp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rowsdower Goldenstein
Outside the Cabin

Rowsdower starts to setup his tent and kit. He tries to get the overall lay of the land to figure out if nearby location shooting might be good or if any potential wildlife dangers might be around. He's also really goddamn hungry and figures if he makes dinner maybe the others will do more of the actual work.

Cartographer 12 and tracking 13 to find a good spot and setup camp. He starts cooking a meal for the group cooking 12

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jun 10, 2014

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rowsdower Goldenstein
Outside the Cabin

Rowsdower is really goddamn hungry and figures if he makes dinner maybe the others will do more of the actual work. Rowsdower. Rowsdower also realizes that he forgot to bring a shovel and any outdoor toilet system. So he decides to investigate the outhouse and see if it's in anyway functional or better then taking a poo poo the woods the old Teddy Roosevelt way. After an interesting experience in the crapper. He takes out both his rifles a Chinese M14S. which Rowsdower has been replacing the parts (except the receiver, so no illegal F/A mods or length) with an old USGI parts kit he liberated from an American Armour in Afghanistan. He checks it and the magazines he has for any issues (pinned surplus USGI mags). He also checks over his IWI Tavor and .50 Beowolf "Handgun" magazines for any issues. He then loads the magazines and places the guns inside his tent.

He starts cooking a meal for the group Cooking 12. Shitter Inspection Survival 12. Rifle Inspection and Loading 12

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rowsdower outside the cabin
Rowsdower looks up to Nick and says, "Hey they're non-restricted, no different then you're shotgun." "Besides I might run into Sasqutch" Rowsdower said with a chuckle and smile.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rowsdower inside the cabin
Rowsdower enters the cabin to let everyone know that dinner is ready and that the outhouse is safe to use. When he goes in to tell Stanley he notices the hefty padlock and says with a smile on his face, "Lets open it." "Trust me its kind of a hobby for me, so it won't break or damage the lock.

Lockpicking Skill 13 +2 for a search endoscope so Lockpicking 15 and also a full set of locking picking tools as needed).
Fast Talk 12 used on Stanley

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MohawkSatan posted:

Just so you know, and I know this is your first time with tabletop, you can't really use social skills on party members

Duly noted...I blame Bioware for that. I

Rowsdower Inside the Cabin
After hearing Mark complain about the cabin and sleeping out side as a result. Rowsdower was tempted to set up with his sleeping back so he could sleep inside...but he decided against it.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jun 10, 2014

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rowsdower - Inside the Cabin: Bedroom

"Goddamn was that lock a pain in the rear end...but man was it worth it, cause I got a free gun and ammo..well it's not mine, I'm only looking at it." "Still I should mostly likely make sure that the gun is actually safe to use or if it's just a wallhanger (is it a legal length, was it cutdown) and if the ammo even works with this gun" Rowsdower thought to himself.

Somewhat more...disturbing is the jars. Generally finding a gun lay around isn't that odd, I mean it is Canada, finding jars containing unknown plants and what appears to be human blood...is odd and potentially terrifying. "I better let everyone else come and see this."

Rowsdower calls to Thomas and Stan in the Childs bedroom to come in and take a look at the jars, his new shotgun, and the clothes and to bring the knife for him to look at and see what it's made of.

Rowsdower examines the Shotgun and Shotgun ammo Shotgun 11
Rowsdower examines the clothing, just checking the pockets for anything and if the clothes look messed up.
Rowsdower examines the liquid, plant and, empty jars Hidden Lore (Earth (12), Conspiracy (12), Spirit Lore (13) or just takes a further look at them and sees if they have any symbols or other identifiable marks/material
Rowsdower examines the knife. Metallurgy 11

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jun 11, 2014

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rowsdower - Main Bedroom

Rowsdower said to Stanley, "If it's non-restricted, then nope, not since Harper became PM." "Besides doesn't the Prof own this Building?" "I mean that's why I can't just take it and claim it as my own." "But yeah, this place is starting to get a tad weird...at least nothing Lovecraftian has popped up yet." Rowsdower says with a hearty laugh.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rowsdower[ Main Bedrom
"Stan"' says Rowsdower, "I have an extra one, feel free to use it."

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rowsdower Goldstein - Main Bedroom

"You can use mine, it's designed for more than one person anyway" said Rowsdower to Stanley

"Hey does anyone know if the Professor has a PAL?" "If he doesn't then he could get in a lot of trouble having a shotgun."

"Anyway lets open the desk up so we can see if anything else could potentially get the Prof Mountine Manhandled...especially with the weird jars I found." "Do you mind Thomas I promise I wont break it, just open it?"

Lockpicking skill to the desk and two other locks if it's cool with Thomas. Lockpicking Skill 13 +2 for a search endoscope so Lockpicking 15 and also a full set of locking picking tools and drills and saws as needed).

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jun 11, 2014

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rowsdower Goldenstein Children's Room

"Hey guys I found a really neat book...but you don't need to take my word for it!"

Rowsdower Examines the Book using any Hidden Lore or Literature Skills He Can...along with the jars from Earlier

"Oh Stan, I screwed up, I only have one sleeping bag, but you can use it, since I screwed up." "I have a bunch of coats and emergency blankets and regular blankets to make a nice bed that is still easily better than CF accommodations in Kandahar, that I can use." "I guess I packed lighter then I remembered."

After examining the book Rowsdower seats up all the gear and kit inside his tent dome. He also loads, chambers. and puts the M14S and Tavor settings. Something about this place is weird and he's getting that bad feeling he had before he went on raids with sketchy or poo poo intelligence.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jun 11, 2014

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rowsdower inside the Cabin: Children's Room

Rowsdower first asks if anyone else wants to look at the book and to me him inside. He then retrieves his Tavor and chambers a round and puts the safety on. He attaches the sling and puts Tavor across his back and puts a loaded magazine in his pocket.

He then calls everyone into the Children's room and states "We need to look inside these jars." "I think one contains human blood."

Rowsdower decides to open the jars after first checking for traps first and if his first aid skill can determine if there is blood in one jar.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jun 12, 2014

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rowsdower Children's Room
"Oh I thought I heard a bear or some large animal in the distance."

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rowsdower Inside Cabin
Rowsdower looking irritated mumbles something about Mark and Goddard under his breath. He then says, "well let's try and see what the hell it is first." "Besides saying we found a secured weapon and some random jars isn't really going to make the RCMP take notice"

"In fact do our phones even get reception here?"

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rowsdower - Cabin
"If it is human blood then when new to get the hell out and get the cops here." "You don't just find something like that and pretend it doesn't exist." "So let's try and figure it out." "Oh can anyone make heads or tails of this book?"

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rowsder
Rowsdower annoyed at Mark goes outside, to his tent where he puts his rifle down and gets a drink of water. He hoped Mark would just calm down if Rowsdower put his gun away lest he'd have to hear stories of CF oppression against some relative of Mark in October 1970.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rowsdower - Outside
Rowsdower says loudly, "I'm not deaf you know, and you're not quite." First I don't like people from Quebec, I don't have any issues with people who don't speak English as a first language." "Second, why the hell would I kill you?" "Look we all want to get this done with and get a good grade and then we never have to interact with each other again, so can we start working on this film."

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rowsdower
"Fine he can do that and I can also leave a message with Professor Jackson saying Mark abandoned the project, and how should we handle it...or we can make the goddamn movie and continue on with our lives.

"I'm pretty sure my sat phone will get a signal and message to Jackson before Mark will." "More so the roads aren't exactly great to drive on in the dark...and its kind of getting dark now."

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rowsdower

"I've even nothing but nice and helpful, I cooked dinner, gave up my sleeping bag for Stan, and now becuase Mark wants to be a selfish prick and tank everyone's grade...I'm somehow the back guy."

"HOWEVER we can put everything behind us and move forward." Hell if he's so scared of me, tell him to take the M14S or the Tavor, then he won't have to worry. I mean what the hell else does he want?"

Rowsdower takes out his sat phone and prepares to use Fast Talk in a voice mail to Professor Jackson...unless we all calm down and move on

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rowsdower
"Fine with me, you're right it would suck to piss away an opportunity like this." "I'm ready to get started on this...anyway here as an act of good faith let me make dinner"

Rowsdower uses his cooking skill to make some really good steaks that he had brought in his survivalist food supply, originally as a wrap party surprise for the remaining members
Rowsdower uses his writing and literature skills to start working on a script

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jun 12, 2014

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rowsdower

To Thomas "Something more traditional found footage has been played out since it first occurred in Cannibal Holocaust. It's also a pain to shoot correctly and more often then not turns out to be crappy youtube like cinematography."

"Stan, we're fine on gear, I'm sure I have enough in reserve for a few months, let alone a couple of nights."

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rowsdower - Around The Campfire
On the film front I have a movie camera and actual film to shoot with and a lab to develop it. I'm a fan of traditional monsters...and given the setting I think Sasquatch would work well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rowsdower
Dies.

• Locked thread