Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Gonz posted:

The name of the show is Tyrant. Let's hope that's the plan. If it does happen, it probably won't be until the end of the season.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

i really hope barry becomes the tyrant b/c that would be infinitely amusing w/ his daughter being all about smashing the patriarchy

I have high hopes for this too, especially considering the whole Godfather vibe the pilot had with Barry in the Michael Corleone role.

Also, I hope his bro gets to keep going more and more full-Uday/Sonny as the season progresses

savinhill fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Jun 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Tide posted:

Oh Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick....

"What's your problem with us being royalty?"

That kid is written worse than the wife. Pry sure that I am now hate watching this show now.

Even beyond the terrible writing for that character, the actor playing him has such a weird punchable face. Its terrible casting if we're actually supposed to like this character.

Gonz posted:

Keep watching it. The only reason I keep watching it is because i'm hoping his entire family gets murdered and that's what causes him to become the name of the show.

Same here. Besides the killing of the family being so satisfying in itself, the revenge oppression spree Barry went on would make for a much better show

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
I don't like those theories because they don't include Barry's family getting viciously murdered.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Fateo McMurray posted:

Why would you want to see that? They're not committing genocide or anything. Maybe you should go see a therapist.

Yes, I have a bad case of I-wish-this-tv-show-was-better-and-I'm-making-jokes-syndrome, if I don't get help it could lead to me making more half-rear end snarky internet posts, maybe even creating a gimmick account at AVClub.

-Blackadder- posted:

Yeah, this episode was a lot better, especially without the kids. It would be hilarious if they just completely wrote the kids off the show, and they're never mentioned again.

They did that on Homeland last season, the teenage character was in the middle of a story arc and one episode had a scene where she was like "Mom, I'm leaving to go move in with this friend you've never met before, bye" before disappearing from the show.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

GaussianCopula posted:

I really like how the show developed, but why did they have to introduce "slutty, alternative, crazy sister-in-law"?

She has a better agent than the kids' actors so they couldn't cut all her scenes?

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Dead Snoopy posted:

Count me in as well. #TeamJamal

I liked him before but I love him now after his David Lee Roth speech

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

If they had an at all good actor for Bassam the show would probably be ok, but the actor is just so boring. Jamal has the same writing but still manages to be interesting because his actor is pretty good.

I don't mind the actor, they've just been waiting way too long for his Michael Corleone turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Dead Snoopy posted:

next season: special guest David Lee Roth shows up to play at the palace.

They can't waste Diamond Dave on just playing some music on one episode, he has to run the country with Jamal and be his best bro now that Barry's in the doghouse.

• Locked thread