Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

BIG HEADLINE posted:

"Hey, I gave these kids my word they wouldn't be killed. Let me conveniently turn my back and walk away from them instead of staying close to them to ward off their almost certain summary execution like I *actually* gave a gently caress in the first place."

Or perhaps he is smart enough to know that the only real way to save them is to plead with someone in a position of power, rather than stand by them for a couple hours before they get taken away and executed regardless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

I'm really hoping Jamal isn't just going to be a doormat for his brother all season.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

How exactly did Barry afford a boarding school if he ran away from home?

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Justin Kirk is slimy as gently caress, and it's great.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

I feel like the daughter is probably the best written character on the show. She just perfectly embodies the insufferable Tumblrite/social justice warrior attitude, and it's fairly clever how they've done it. She clearly has no issue with living in a palace, being served breakfast by aides, and getting into a private club because of her family name. She only pipes up when she identifies problematic things in which she has no interest or control. Take her toothless ramblings about the patriarchy, her cousin's two McLarens, and an atrocity committed 20 years previously by her dead grandfather. It's as low effort as you can possibly get. More importantly, she is hilariously oblivious to the real world around her. She is living just miles away from a large protest of her uncle's government, in a country that disables internet access to its residents on a whim, and yet she thinks that her cousin's biggest concern should be the opinions of other low effort SJWs posting to Facebook from half a world away. It's laughable, and her cousin rightfully calls her out for ruining a good time with her bullshit. Honestly, none of it really matters to her, and everything she is doing is just about inflating her own ego and maintaining a false sense of moral superiority over her brother, who is understandably stoked by being so close to power.

e: Alternatively, she is just a poorly written moral compass, and will just be awful going forward.

Baronash fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jul 17, 2014

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

This episode has the potential to be really good. Please don't screw it up show.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

I guess being comically oblivious runs in Molly's family.

E: Yeah right Barry, like public intoxication laws apply to you.

Baronash fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Aug 6, 2014

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

The sister-in-law could turn out alright, but of all the episodes that have aired so far, this seems like the worst one to bring in a new character. It's just strange to watch Barry go through this serious emotional turmoil only to have it tempered by the appearance of the resident family fuckup.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

egoslicer posted:

The actor for Jamal and the actress playing his wife are killing it

I disagree. I think the actor playing Jamal has managed to hide a fairly wooden performance behind an accent, not to mention that playing a full-blown psychopath naturally means that his character displays a greater range of emotions than the rest of the cast.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Isn't there a security team following Barry's daughter? How the gently caress did people manage to walk away with their phones (e: and apparently their wallets)?

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

That's it? Are you loving kidding me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Well gently caress. Now I can't post my fake article about the death of Bassam Al-Fayeed.

I think this might be the first show I wish had ended in the first season.

• Locked thread