Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
powers
Jul 26, 2005

The Maller is an Amarrian frigate, used by hotdroppers.

~SMcD

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

holy poo poo i loved the premiere so much potential

jamal is awesome i hope he's not dead lol @ dick biting

bassam is an annoying beta bitch until that flashback :asoiaf:

lol at daughter being a tumblerite, only took 34 minutes to bring up the patriarchy

son is gay in an arab country with a new arab bf #woah

bassam's wife is hella annoying & super over-dramatic

next week will be good

Yeah I'm officially onboard this hype train. So much potential.

If the brother is still alive and retains power, then Bassam is going to have to help him consildate his power base, convince the uncle General Tariq to not make a bid for power via coup de tas. Bassam is also going to have to lock down the americans and have to cut them off from trying to further destabilize any bids to "free the country". He's going to have to make good with his journalist pal and constantly de-escalate his idiot older brother. Let's not forget the terrorists basically will be mad as gently caress that a dual citizen american/whatevercountrytheyare will be next in line.

So poo poo/plot devices that they will have to deal with CIA(drone strikes possibly)/Terrorists/Idiot Brother/Journalists/pro-democracy types and all kinds of other fires to put out. Hopefully the older brother makes him head diplomat/state department guy. Lot's of potential

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

powers
Jul 26, 2005

The Maller is an Amarrian frigate, used by hotdroppers.

~SMcD

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

The parallels to Assad are pretty clear - Assad was a western educated doctor living in London who became the unintended heir to his father's dictatorship when his playboy older brother died crashing his sports car.

The country itself is a bit weird - apparently a Ba'athist republic but with the wealth of a Gulf kingdom.

It is shot in morocco and dubai, but reminds me more of Oman/Yemen and less of Syria.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

i really hope barry becomes the tyrant b/c that would be infinitely amusing w/ his daughter being all about smashing the patriarchy

In order to be the man, you have to beat the man WOOOOOO!

• Locked thread