Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's ultimately going to end up as Goldust's partner?
This poll is closed.
:gerty: Adam Rose :gerty: 30 8.96%
:420: Evan Bourne :420: 29 8.66%
:corsair: Rob Van Dam :corsair: 18 5.37%
:wcc: Vacant :wcc: 40 11.94%
218 65.07%
Total: 335 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

It was a Shield match. Dean was Dean, Cena was the face in peril, Reigns did the rear end kicking. It was fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
I had to miss Raw so I caught the replay of Ambrose's graphic threats of disfigurement and feel like I pretty much got all I needed to.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Without cena WWE would be dead

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

Daniel Bryan has the worst world title reigns this side of Kane and Dolph Ziggler.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I'm amazed at how well they're handling face Ambrose especially since I'm assuming he doesn't have any control over the content of his promos.

It's so drat refreshing to have a babyface who isn't cutting the same goddamn generic WWE face promos as everyone else. Not only was Bryan's booking terrible post WM pre injury, but his promos basically seemed like an knockoff of Cena's delivered with less charisma.

Burt Buckle posted:

Daniel Bryan has the worst world title reigns this side of Kane and Dolph Ziggler.

3 official title reigns. 65 days. 1 sucessful defense vs. Kane. This last one really wasn't anyone's fault at least but goddamn that's sad.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Jun 10, 2014

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ambrose's promo last night owned.
Reigns' was exceptionally good for his standards, which are below those of the good talkers in the company.
The Shield -1 still own and I'm looking forward to Ambrose vs Rollins a whole bunch.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
Raw was enjoyable enough. Dean Ambrose rules, I thought the Rollins promo was kinda dull for all the build. I'm glad Sandow is getting a following. Cena and The Shield doesn't work for me but eh the match was fine. Kind of a dud ending. I miss Daniel Bryan wrestling and doing things.

:geno:

I also enjoyed JBL's quick callout to the lovely directing at the end of the Usos match.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Valeyard posted:

Without cena WWE would be dead

Without WWE Cena would be dead.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

Reigns' little promo was even pretty good. Dean is a hard act to follow, but still. It's pretty clear he's come a long way from Leakee.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

Thats actually a fair point. I mean if WWE had never existed he would be in the army, right?

If WWE had existed but just disintegrated then he would kill himself being home alone all day with Nikki Bella

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Fibby Boy posted:

I'm okay with missing this because I am 100% against Cena teaming up with The Shield in any way.

It was pretty obviously just a one off and/or "convenient alliance" type thing. It was more like The Usos teaming with Cena than an actual trio like the Wyatts and as such was rad, plus CENA MADE THE HOT TAG TO ROMAN REIGNS and Cena celebrated to The Shield's music after Reigns got the three.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yaya posted:

I missed RAW. Where can I find the full version of Seth's interview segment and where can I listen to his new theme?

I presume the two are in the same video.

If you've heard The Ascension's recent NXT theme you've pretty much heard it. I won't say it's exactly the same, but it's pretty much exactly the same. Generic instrumental thrash metal stuff. Basically in line with his themes in FCW and NXT. I guess he certainly has a personal preference.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It was pretty obviously just a one off and/or "convenient alliance" type thing. It was more like The Usos teaming with Cena than an actual trio like the Wyatts and as such was rad, plus CENA MADE THE HOT TAG TO ROMAN REIGNS and Cena celebrated to The Shield's music after Reigns got the three.

It was pretty obviously more proof that Cena is a great guy and everyone who says he doesn't watch out for his friends (and now former enemies) is a big bully bum.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I'm not invested in anything on the show anymore. I watched E3 instead of Raw. That was fun.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Former Tough Enough contestant and indy wrestler Matt Cross was on Ninja Warrior tonight. His height caught up with him though as he failed the qualifier because he couldn't get up the warped wall.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Deadpool posted:

Former Tough Enough contestant and I ndy wrestler Matt Cross was on Ninja Warrior tonight. His height caught up with him though as he failed the qualifier because he couldn't get up the warped wall.

Vince was right.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Watching the Ambrose promo now.

:stare:

MassRafTer posted:

WWE may also be the death of Cena. :ohdear:

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
Rusev is not satisfied with jobber minorities anymore. He's heading straight for the top.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Didn't Sheamus used to do the Razor's Edge as a finisher?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

TheJoker138 posted:

It's been his finisher for a while but I think he hasn't successfully pulled it off in forever.

Come to think of it, are there other examples of people having secondary finishers people recognize that are never successfully pulled off?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

TheJoker138 posted:

I think the Razor's Edge went on Vince's shitlist since it's too easy to drop a guy on his head doing it.

e: I'm pretty sure half the roster has a submission finisher of some kind nobody taps to.

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Jun 10, 2014

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Grendels Dad posted:

It's been his finisher for a while but I think he hasn't successfully pulled it off in forever.

Come to think of it, are there other examples of people having secondary finishers people recognize that are never successfully pulled off?

Outside of 99-00, basically no-one tapped to the Walls of Jericho in WWE.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
But Jericho still managed to apply them. I'm talking about a spot where a guy tries and fails to deliver a move that people still recognize as his finisher though it's never delivered properly. I could swear this happens all the time but the only example that comes to mind is older Undertaker matches where he attempts to do the Last Ride and people slip out of it all the time.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

Grendels Dad posted:

But Jericho still managed to apply them. I'm talking about a spot where a guy tries and fails to deliver a move that people still recognize as his finisher though it's never delivered properly. I could swear this happens all the time but the only example that comes to mind is older Undertaker matches where he attempts to do the Last Ride and people slip out of it all the time.

I was about to say Wasteland but Bad News Barrett actually hit it on Sheamus on Raw. If we wanna go the comedy route, Gillberg's Jackhammer was a move attempted many times, executed few times.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Listening to Dave and Bryan's show now, Dave says that the plan for Bryan to be champion in the coming months hasn't changed. It'll be interesting to see how they do this if that's the case.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Bring back Jericho. Bring back Y2J.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

Thauros posted:

Listening to Dave and Bryan's show now, Dave says that the plan for Bryan to be champion in the coming months hasn't changed. It'll be interesting to see how they do this if that's the case.

Daniel Bryan comes out to Cult of Personality, holds up his Real WWE World Heavyweight Titles and challenges the MitB winner to a match on the spot?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

A ladder match to unify the real and fake titles!!!

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Thauros posted:

Champion vs. Orton vs. Bryan in a battle of guys who never got pinned to lose the title.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Or Bryan knocks someone out and beats 5 other men in a Laddar match for become the champion once more, pissing off Steph and Hunter to the point their heads explode.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Bryan is going to win a Victorian Era Toughguy match against Sting for the #1 contendership.

It's gonna be incredible. He's gonna have a three piece suit, a monocle, an ascot and a top hat. The whole nine yards.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I like how WWE finally has a legit heel now that people actually hate and boo. Good job. Double good job that its an actual good worker.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Some of you may remember that I used to run a karaoke company. If it helps you remember, I lost a bet, and posted a video of me being a douche on PSP.

I retired a few years ago to go to college, but if I still worked in the business, I'd have wanted this, so I made it.

It's the Wyatt's theme, done up as a karaoke track.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B39mFtXZyrfhU09pM1lZVG5ralU/edit?usp=sharing

I found a a video with the lyrics, then found an instrumental, then merged them in Premiere. Burn it to a disc, or stick it on a thumb drive. Whatever. Give it to your host.

Edit: To curb the PMs from those without archives, here's the aforementioned video of me blowing Punk's theme after losing a bet about who-the-gently caress-remembers from right after Punk won the title at MITB. Yes, I know I hosed up a few lines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1HWlMit3GY

Edit 2: gently caress you, too.

LividLiquid fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Jun 10, 2014

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Dave expects Miz to return as a babyface next week on Raw with Flair in tow :(.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Thauros posted:

Dave expects Miz to return as a babyface next week on Raw with Flair in tow :(.

So loving weird.

Flair wants to manage Dolph Ziggler, Dolph wants Flair to manage him, the crowd want it but instead we get Frog Faced douche man.

Does anyone but Vince McMahon and Kevin Dunn see anything in The Miz?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Nice of them to make Rollins look like a giant pussy by running away from a 4-on-3 advantage. Also his new song is awful.

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

We're here to interrogate Manly Dan the lumberjack for the murder of wax Stan.

LividLiquid posted:

Some of you may remember that I used to run a karaoke company. If it helps you remember, I lost a bet, and posted a video of me being a douche on PSP.

I retired a few years ago to go to college, but if I still worked in the business, I'd have wanted this, so I made it.

It's the Wyatt's theme, done up as a karaoke track.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B39mFtXZyrfhU09pM1lZVG5ralU/edit?usp=sharing

I found a a video with the lyrics, then found an instrumental, then merged them in Premiere. Burn it to a disc, or stick it on a thumb drive. Whatever. Give it to your host.

This is awesome. You are awesome for sharing this.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Incendiary Pig posted:

-Raw will be back in Minneapolis on December 22nd. Hooray Christmas and wrestling!

I had a blast. Wrestling is so much fun to see live.

Oh poo poo yes this year's Christmas Raw is here :woop:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Gonzo McFee posted:

So loving weird.

Flair wants to manage Dolph Ziggler, Dolph wants Flair to manage him, the crowd want it but instead we get Frog Faced douche man.

Does anyone but Vince McMahon and Kevin Dunn see anything in The Miz?

Crowd needs to poo poo all over Miz and force their hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

sportsgenius86 posted:

Crowd needs to poo poo all over Miz and force their hand.

I don't think that'll be a problem.

• Locked thread