Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's ultimately going to end up as Goldust's partner?
This poll is closed.
:gerty: Adam Rose :gerty: 30 8.96%
:420: Evan Bourne :420: 29 8.66%
:corsair: Rob Van Dam :corsair: 18 5.37%
:wcc: Vacant :wcc: 40 11.94%
218 65.07%
Total: 335 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

SirDippingSauce posted:

This is awesome. You are awesome for sharing this.
Thank you. And thank goon Tharizdun for buying me sambal peanut chicken wings, 'cause I made this for him for doing so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Bigass Moth posted:

Nice of them to make Rollins look like a giant pussy by running away from a 4-on-3 advantage. Also his new song is awful.

The thing is, it makes sense to keep them apart for quite a while. Speaking purely in kayfabe, Rollins knows what they're capable of normally - now they're pissed. And not only that, the longer they're kept apart, the more people are going to want to see it.

-

I think Ambrose's promo was so freaking awesome because you believe he wants to do everything he said.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I'm glad that Bryan isn't going to rush himself back in action after what's turning out to be a pretty serious injury. He should put his long-term career first.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006
My biggest problem with WWE right now is that they're trying to get too many people/gimmicks/stories over and they don't have enough credible competition to do so so we're getting the same people facing each other ad infinitum. It bothers me the least with the Rhodes Brothers/Rybaxel because that feud actually makes sense and has a nice old school feel to it, but Cena/Wyatts needs to stop, as does Wyatts/Shield. I feel like RVD has been wrestling the same 2 people since he's been back, and I'm not even remotely sure what the point of having Sheamus and Barrett fight so much is. It's like they can't make up their mind which one they want to look like the stronger champion so they have them face each other and alternate which one looks worse.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Wyatts and Shield aren't feuding. Right now the Wyatts are the Authority's "No" button. They've beaten the Shield before, it makes sense that they'd try and use them to finish off the remnants of The Shield.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Writer Cath posted:

Wyatts and Shield aren't feuding. Right now the Wyatts are the Authority's "No" button. They've beaten the Shield before, it makes sense that they'd try and use them to finish off the remnants of The Shield.

Story-wise I agree with you, but the Wyatts have pretty much lost all credibility with me at this point. They need to start getting wins back and that involves facing people who aren't top babyfaces for a change. Hell, they should have won even by simple shenanigans last night, what with HHH's promise that the Shield would die, but apparently he just meant he would give them a fair match and shrug it off if they won, despite how furious he is at them.

All of this is kind of tangential to my original point which is we've seen Shield/Wyatts a gazillion times and Rollins being replaced by Cena doesn't do anything to mix things up because he's also fought the Wyatts a billion times now.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Grendels Dad posted:

It's been his finisher for a while but I think he hasn't successfully pulled it off in forever.

Come to think of it, are there other examples of people having secondary finishers people recognize that are never successfully pulled off?
Ric Flair never hit his 450 splash

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
I unironically wanted CM Punk to come back to the Shield.

Instead, Cena joined the Shield and now I'm complaining about it on the internet.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Gonz posted:

I don't think that'll be a problem.

I honestly don't think the crowd will give a single solitary poo poo about The Miz, as per previous performances of his. And that means Vince will push him harder and harder because they'll like what they're told, I'm Vince McMahon, dammit!

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Ambrose is a great promo

Frilled Lizard
May 22, 2004

WOOF WOOF WOOF
YOU KNOW IT
Anyone else notice how the camera didn't show Cena's face close-up? There were some wacky cuts in that main event, I assume they were told not to show Cena's swollen eye.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

DEAR RICHARD posted:

Ambrose is a great promo

What makes it work is that you believe him. When he talks about disfiguring someone, it's not hard to buy that he's done it before and wants to do it again.

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
I wouldn't mind Miz being managed by Flair if he were a heel.

Ziggler would be better either way, but I'd still like Miz to go heel. It's never gonna happen because they keep putting him in their lovely movies and he speaks 100 languages or whatever the gently caress. :I

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

I don't much care for the attitude of filthy money-lenders

Frankenstein Dad posted:

I wouldn't mind Miz being managed by Flair if he were a heel.

Ziggler would be better either way, but I'd still like Miz to go heel. It's never gonna happen because they keep putting him in their lovely movies and he speaks 100 languages or whatever the gently caress. :I

I worry they're going to put Summer Rae on his arm too.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
Went to Raw last night and it was fun! I'll never complain about a crowd losing steam again because christ it's a long night even when you're enjoying it.

Some rambly thoughts:

I cheered for Cena because it's way more fun chanting with kids than stupid fat smarks. Cena is good and cool and he gave all his merch he was wearing to kids at ringside after the match and the kids all flipped out and it was awesome. Even put his armband on a baby's head :3:

It was funny though. As soon as the main event started all the vendors switched from selling food and drinks to all Cena stuff. They've got that poo poo down pat. So many parents fishing in their pockets for cash.

No Bo-lieve shirts to buy. That's the only one I wanted. Almost got a King of Swing but eh.

RVD and Cesaro just don't mesh well. It's even more obvious live and up close. There were a bunch of kids around us wearing RVD shirts which was weird. Doesn't seem like his demographic at all.

We had good seats and got on camera a few times I guess. My wife kept getting "I saw you guys!" texts.

No dark main, just Ambrose ripping apart the set a little and then Reigns gettting everyone to put their fists up.

Seriously, fat sweaty smarks shouting "Cena sucks!" are The Worst. I'm now on Team Banjo.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Miz was working a Hollywood heel gimmick (don't punch me in the face) at the house show I went to last week and he was pretty good at it because you want to see him get punched in the face.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Bard Maddox posted:

Miz was working a Hollywood heel gimmick (don't punch me in the face) at the house show I went to last week and he was pretty good at it because you want to see him get punched in the face.

Next week Raw is in his hometown so he's almost definitely going to work babyface. Not that it'll do him any good.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

LightsGameraAction posted:

Next week Raw is in his hometown so he's almost definitely going to work babyface. Not that it'll do him any good.

It hasn't been a slam dunk for years that someone will be a face in their hometown. Loads of people do the 'I came from here, but I moved for a reason' schtick.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I hope Mizdad is there! And maybe will get Battle of Cleveland II!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Mizdad turns on his son and becomes the third member of the Shield.

Raw does a 6.0 that hour.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

IcePhoenix posted:

Yo maybe you should put effort into getting the date right next time if you want people to use your thread.

Rude

DingoSlasher
Jul 25, 2013

It's a day job.
I regret missing wrestling for the Sony E3 conference because the first half of the Sony was so cripplingly bad I almost didn't make it through the rest.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I turned over to Sony after the Ambrose promo, checked back in for Rollins' segment and Alicia/Paige and feel I missed nothing else of note in the last 2 hours of the show so I don't regret it

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

DingoSlasher posted:

I regret missing wrestling for the Sony E3 conference because the first half of the Sony was so cripplingly bad I almost didn't make it through the rest.

If you would have swapped over, then you would have caught the cripplingly bad last hour of RAW.

RAW was okay until that last hour then it fell off a cliff, but on the plus I'm going to RAW on the 10th November :neckbeard:

The last live event I saw was an indie show my dad took me to when I was a kid, Rhino was on the card and the main event was a handicap match with a heel tag team fighting a big fat blonde man who I convince myself today was Dusty.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Keep in mind the last time they were in Cleveland, they did a "Battle for Cleveland" match with Miz vs Ziggler. The crowd liked it so much they chanted "Cleveland Sucks".

Meltzer says the plan is for Bryan to be champion again, so whoever it is who wins it is probably just a stopgap until he's back.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Rollins's reason for turning on The Shield was lame and contrived and screamed of "we don't know what we're doing".

Also Believe in John Cena.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Thauros posted:

I'm amazed at how well they're handling face Ambrose especially since I'm assuming he doesn't have any control over the content of his promos.

I don't know, last night's promo sounded like his doing. Detailed descriptions of barehanded tortures aren't the creative teams usual MO.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Daniel Bryan posted:

Keep in mind the last time they were in Cleveland, they did a "Battle for Cleveland" match with Miz vs Ziggler. The crowd liked it so much they chanted "Cleveland Sucks".

Meltzer says the plan is for Bryan to be champion again, so whoever it is who wins it is probably just a stopgap until he's back.

This is why I'm not worried and I'm kind of proud of the WWE for sticking with a guy despite them getting a serious injury they couldn't work around at the 2nd worse possible time. It would have been even worse if it happened before Wrestlemania. They'll have to work to shake my faith so I hope it all goes well. Until then, can't wait for the always fun Money in the Bank ppv.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Daniel Bryan posted:

If it is true that it's basically just an interim champion, I'm guessing they'll give it to Cesaro to judge whether he has what it takes to get the reaction they want from him as the champ, and if he doesn't, it won't matter because he's dropping the belt and he'll simply never get it back.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Please change title of thread to "When Seth Rollins saw the breadth of his domain he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer," as that was essentially his stated reason for turning on his bros.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Since they haven't announced a second ladder match yet, I assume there won't be a Money in the Bank briefcase this year? I'd be fine with that, it's a welcome change of pace from a heel winning the title with a "surprise" cash-in every year.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I believe in Dean Ambrose.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Man it's gonna be cool next week when Ambrose cuts a promo while murdering Seth with a shard of window glass.

Fooly Cooly 25
Jan 18, 2005

Todo lo tuyo ahora es MIO

NienNunb posted:

Also Believe in John Cena.

...destroying the Wyatt family's credibility? Ok, sure.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Fooly Cooly 25 posted:

Who has come out of a feud with Cena looking better than they did going in?

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Fooly Cooly 25 posted:

I'm sorry that booking is such an impediment to enjoying matches for you. Last night's 6-man ruled.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Dimebags Brain posted:

Who has come out of a feud with Cena looking better than they did going in?

Daniel Bryan, CM Punk?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Sprecherscrow posted:

I'm sorry that booking is such an impediment to enjoying matches for you. Last night's 6-man ruled.

Uh excuse me, did you even read the thread last night?? Cena was the only person over in the match. :rolleyes:

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Last night in the tag match Cena got like six offensive moves in, got beaten up for most of his time in the ring, ate a Sister Abigail and didn't factor into the finish. John Cena looks out for his friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Spikeguy posted:

Daniel Bryan, CM Punk?

Add Umaga to that list, blame Bobby Lashley for his fall.

• Locked thread