Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's ultimately going to end up as Goldust's partner?
This poll is closed.
:gerty: Adam Rose :gerty: 30 8.96%
:420: Evan Bourne :420: 29 8.66%
:corsair: Rob Van Dam :corsair: 18 5.37%
:wcc: Vacant :wcc: 40 11.94%
218 65.07%
Total: 335 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I liked Raw a lot.

HHH and Stephanie killed it, Ambrose killed it, Rollins did a pretty good job, Barrett/Sheamus was really good and the main event was really good. The rest wasn't dire even though I had to see Cesaro/RVD again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Valeyard posted:

Without cena WWE would be dead

Without WWE Cena would be dead.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It was pretty obviously just a one off and/or "convenient alliance" type thing. It was more like The Usos teaming with Cena than an actual trio like the Wyatts and as such was rad, plus CENA MADE THE HOT TAG TO ROMAN REIGNS and Cena celebrated to The Shield's music after Reigns got the three.

It was pretty obviously more proof that Cena is a great guy and everyone who says he doesn't watch out for his friends (and now former enemies) is a big bully bum.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Deadpool posted:

Former Tough Enough contestant and I ndy wrestler Matt Cross was on Ninja Warrior tonight. His height caught up with him though as he failed the qualifier because he couldn't get up the warped wall.

Vince was right.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I'm not too worried about face Miz. Dave seemed to be going under the assumption that face Miz in his hometown with Flair would be the "logical" thing to do rather than reporting it as fact.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

I would be, I remember him only having one good match last year (which also featured Barret and Axel) and everything else about him just bored/annoyed me. The only moments when Miz entertained me last year was when he teased being a heel, cause he's entertaining doing that, as apposed to giving up on a heel turn a week later only to have him feud with Kofi for reasons.

I just mean I am sticking my fingers in my ears and assuming it won't happen.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Did I somehow miss the celebration about Steen officially being signed to a contract or was there not any

Or was that not real

Nothing official should be out for a few weeks.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Ah, saw it making the rounds and figured it had already been announced.

Regardless, good for him.

Maybe it did and I got caught up in the Chael news. Someone retweeted him saying no recently so I didn't think anything came out. I just haven't seen anything and it seems like the official news will come out around the start of July.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Niwrad posted:

They have no other semi-credible heels on the roster.

I know it shouldn't bug me but I can't stand how Cena has to nudge his way into everything that becomes popular to get a babyface reaction. It's a lovely thing to do to other wrestlers who built their popularity up on their own. Especially when it often conflicts with the image they've presented. If Cena can't get a positive crowd reaction on his own, maybe he's not a babyface.

The Shield, a stable that has a winning percentage that rivals Cena's built up their popularity on their own. Ok then.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gavok posted:

When I watched Ambrose's promo, all I could think about was who must have been his number one influence.

In all seriousness the quiet parts gave off the same vibe I got from the old promos Heyman would do in ECW standing in front of a banner in his mom's basement.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Bryan was pulled from the MSG advertising so it's not looking good for him returning soon.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Daniel Bryan posted:

Hell, some people don't call the Bryan loss a clean one because his elbow was injured. Even though it didn't play into the finish.

Hard to say it is clean when it involves something so gross.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Fibby Boy posted:

Again, more reason why I feel NXT really should just be its own thing.

Then what's the point of it? If it isn't training future stars it's just a drain on the company's bottom line. WWE has shown they can't make a low budget third touring brand work these days, they can barely make a second tour work.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Fibby Boy posted:

I don't know. How many people have been brought up and are also successful still vs. the amount of people brought up and had to flounder for a couple years/get shunted right back down to nxt/just plain get released? I don't see much point in it being a thing if the gimmicks are shoved into your face so much that it's guaranteed they'll never get over or changed enough to just make them another generic person.

Edit: Plus what's the point of training future stars if they're gotten rid of as soon as they aren't as successful as the top guy in the company?

Not many? They haven't been releasing anyone since they started making changes in NXT. Some people have floundered like Fandango, some have done really well like the Shield and Cesaro, some have received middling pushes like Big E, some have been brought up to be comedy midcarders like Emma, some were brought up to be jobbers/spokemen like Woods and with some it is too early to tell. They don't just give up on people the second they are perceived as a failure, look at Cesaro. He came up, got a bad push, got over, was seen as boring and depushed, got over again and is getting pushed. Big E got a second look (and it died pretty quickly) as have a few others. Not every prospect is going to be a star.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Chokes McGee posted:

Aw, I liked Adam Rose. It was a fun gimmick. :(

Kevin Dunn is the reason we can't have nice things.

I wouldn't take it as him not being around he's just not going to have a ton of steam behind him. That's fine because there's not a lot you can do with him.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I don't think Rose is the guy to pull it off but I think Adam Rose's gimmick would make a better creepy cult leader than Bray.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Shima Honnou posted:

Not sure about the others, but Sandow was trained at age 16 by Killer Kowalski and started wrestling in 2001.

Interestingly, Wikipedia is calling his current situation "The Storyline of Gimmicks Crisis".

It's funny that at this point Sandow, Ziggler, Rose, Ryder and Fandango have more experience than Austin did when he signed with WWE.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sex Robot posted:

So.. as someone who is getting back into the swing of the overall plot. How much of Daniel Bryan's absence is dramatic and how much is for actual medical reasons?

He's actually injured if he was healthy he'd be wrestling on the PPV.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sex Robot posted:

I knew he was injured, I was more wondering if they'd told him to take his time coming back in the name of the storyline. The way they're doing this PPV with staggered qualifiers I get the feeling they're keeping the door open for Bryan to suddenly get a spot to reclaim the title.

The door isn't open for him to come back for the PPV. He is too injured to do it. They've pulled him from mid July house shows. Now they just hope he can come back for the July PPV. They want him back as soon as he can be cleared but he's not going to be cleared for at least a month. It's not a case of being told take his time, he's too injured to do anything this month unless they are going through with a super secret storyline which will only serve to hurt their PPV and house show business.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ribsauce posted:

I bet I am like most people, they OD'd on it for a few weeks and now only turn it on for 'special events.' I will probably cancel after the 6 months and I bet a ton of other people are too. I mostly subscribed because I love the idea of it, but if I lost the network tomorrow I'd survive. I'll probably buy it again next year for the Royal Rumble -> Wrestlemania run.

Can you ever go month to month or will it always be 6 months?

I am really surprised they broke up 3MB. They were part of the best match 2 PPVs ago (not the main focus, but still) and the show has always needed a few doofuses to get their butts whipped, which 3MB did an awesome job at.

If they keep having subscriber problems I bet they'll allow month to month at an increased price... with the exception of Wrestlemania.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I keep forgetting Otunga exists until someone posts here that he's still employed

There's really no evidence he exists.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sex Robot posted:

If they ever loving bothered to bring it outside the US like they keep promising (something tells me they won't) and gave their web player chrome cast support I'd sign up in a flash.

They have been consistent in saying they are not launching outside the US until 2015. There's no reason to believe they won't, in fact they probably need to be more aggressive internationally due to the Network's failures in the US and the success of Fight Pass overseas. The Network is just a tricky thing outside of the US because they have different TV deals in every country.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Endorph posted:

Judging anyone off of a reality show is dumb. They probably have hundreds of hours of footage of them being mostly normal people that you never see, because they're obviously only going to show the stuff that actually creates conflict, that they can structure a narrative around. You can't build an episode of Total Divas around John Cena and Nikki Bella sitting on a couch and chatting about their favorite Skittles color or whatever.

It's less the hours of footage and more that it is a show with storylines conceived by writers with some vague basis in reality. It's probably more "real" than say Legends House but that's not saying too much.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

EugeneJ posted:

I know they'd never do it, but a SportsCenter-type show that presented highlights from current feds like New Japan and the indies would be great .

The indy guys could compete to see what crazy spot of theirs ended up in the weekly "Top 10" highlight reel.

Right now WWE Network feels like NFL Network. Everything is biased towards the company's best interest and nothing is objective.

We wanted The Wrestling Network but instead got VinceTV

It's wrestling, nothing should be objective. The modern version of "This Week In Wrestling" isn't going to turn the network around, it's just a needless added expense. It'd be one thing if this suggestion was new or had made a real difference in the past, but you are suggesting an old meaningless idea that means even less today. The number of people who care about non WWE wrestling today is so much lower than when that show existed in the past and it didn't mean a ton then.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

He'd fit in with Steel Panther.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Shima Honnou posted:

WWE would probably put out a better product if HHH picked up a shotgun, welded a shovel to the front as a bayonet, and proceeded to both fire and bury most of the non-wrestlers who work for and/or own the company, since that's where a decent chunk of the problems seem to be stemming from.

He's staffing his departments with non wrestling people so good luck with that.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Thauros posted:

Maroon's certainly a legit doctor, but his work with the Wellness Program isn't exactly the evidence I'd use to support him.

Sure is more legit than his work on concussions.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Due to injuries they are running Kane vs Sheamus house show main events and doing DQ finishes. Just beat Kane clean on your drat house shows, he's Kane.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The_Rob posted:

Doesn't wwe films usually turn a profit though? They don't have the biggest budget films, and they seem to make their money back.

No, WWE Films usually loses tons of money. This is going to be their first profitable year in ages, possibly ever. (Due to the way profits are collected they didn't get their profits for The Call until this year.) They only had a small stake in Oculus too so they won't make a ton from it, the $5 million budget is misleading too as it had a big promotional campaign too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The_Rob posted:

Yeah I really can't imagine that NXT costs that much money to produce. They aren't traveling, they are using students to produce the show. It just seems like another weird wwe thing.

NXT does house shows. Even a TV show with minimal expenses is a money loser when it has no US TV deal, just international ones. They have a lot of talent under contract just for NXT, more than could ever be expected to make the main roster. The performance center cost a ton of money in a year they spent a ton of money on the Network, so there's definitely costs they can cut there.

• Locked thread