Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's ultimately going to end up as Goldust's partner?
This poll is closed.
:gerty: Adam Rose :gerty: 30 8.96%
:420: Evan Bourne :420: 29 8.66%
:corsair: Rob Van Dam :corsair: 18 5.37%
:wcc: Vacant :wcc: 40 11.94%
218 65.07%
Total: 335 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I'm not invested in anything on the show anymore. I watched E3 instead of Raw. That was fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Keep in mind the last time they were in Cleveland, they did a "Battle for Cleveland" match with Miz vs Ziggler. The crowd liked it so much they chanted "Cleveland Sucks".

Meltzer says the plan is for Bryan to be champion again, so whoever it is who wins it is probably just a stopgap until he's back.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

SamuraiFoochs posted:

This too. Also goddamn, rewatching it, everything about that first Shield segment was perfect. Everything. Crazy Ambrose flying around like a madman beating up 3MB and GRINNING AS HE DID IT, Reigns spearing Slater out of loving nowhere to huge "Roman Reigns" chants, that Ambrose promo being...well, what it was, Reigns cutting a legit cool promo and possibly the best of his career, the mic drops...it was great.

Also I want Crazy Face Ambrose for at least like, six months. As others have said, it's such a breath of fresh air to have an unhinged face in WWE. It's so much fun.

This part I agree with. Cole being there was the biggest flaw.

Also wait a second, does this make Dean Ambrose the #3 face in WWE in 2014 with Bryan on the shelf? :stare:

#4. Sheamus is #3 singles behind Cena and Bryan.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

hahahahahahahha I'm dying

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
8pm: 3.893
9pm: 4.217
10pm: 4.247

Avg: 4.119

Basically even with last week.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Hell, some people don't call the Bryan loss a clean one because his elbow was injured. Even though it didn't play into the finish.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
HHH discusses whether Daniel Bryan gets his rematch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF2gGGsuxoc

Basically, Bryan might maybe get a rematch because he "wouldn't be above the #1 contender!"

I almost feel them pushing "You will see A BRAND NEW CHAMPION crowned" is some sort of swerve.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

triplexpac posted:

They did this when they unified the titles too. I think it's just their way of saying "look, I know we've hosed you on a ton of finishes lately, but we won't this time I promise!!"

Yeah I know, and these types of crazy PPVs usually do way better buyrates but IDK NETWORK/POST-STREAK ERA YOU NEVER KNOW.

Basically

http://isdanielbryanchampion.com/

:(

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Yaya posted:

Didn't Edge look good after feuding with Cena?

Yeah I guess but he did get derailed with a Mick Foley feud in the middle of it that was weird.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Big Bidness posted:

I'm going to Raw next week for the first time in a decade. Do they do any matches before Raw starts, like for Main Event or whatever? Just wondering what time I should get there.

Superstars begins taping a half hour before Raw, so if you want to watch those matches you'll want to be there a half hour before.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
New Observer is out. Sorry, Rose.

quote:

Adam Rose being off Raw this week is an indication already that they are cooling off on the character. Vince McMahon, who makes all the key choices, isn’t the easiest one to get to accept new people as main players. He’s said not to be completely sold on any of the recent characters. Bo Dallas’ push is still continuing on almost every show. Kevin Dunn apparently buried Rose and Vince isn’t sold on him either. That’s why Paige has the title but little character developmental has been done her. Dunn right now is a huge proponent of Fox, so her gimmick will continue to be featured.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Not much new on Bryan in the Observer, by the way. Just that there doesn't appear to be a timetable for Bryan's return other than "before Summerslam".

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Recovery not happening as quickly as expected. He was losing strength in his right arm instead of gaining it as of last word.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Yeah Henry doesn't belong. He's done really well, but only within the last 3 years did he mean anything.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
6th entrant's going to be Cena almost guaranteed. I could see the 7th then being Reigns. Who knows.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Memento posted:

Which will a) probably be an awesome match and b) mean that the titles are going to end up on Orton or Cena, with a very small outside chance of Cesaro.

Just an educated guess here but I believe it will be Orton, with Cesaro being the only other possibility.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Sex Robot posted:

I knew he was injured, I was more wondering if they'd told him to take his time coming back in the name of the storyline. The way they're doing this PPV with staggered qualifiers I get the feeling they're keeping the door open for Bryan to suddenly get a spot to reclaim the title.

I mean, your scenario is possible as in he could get cleared over the next few weeks but I don't think it's going to happen. And if he is, they'll probably save his first match back for the next PPV. Plus, yeah, if they even thought it was possible he could wrestle, he'd be on the MITB show.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
WWE has announced on their website that they have released the following wrestlers effective today:

Camacho

Brodus Clay

Evan Bourne

Yoshi Tatsu

Theodore Long

http://www.wwe.com/inside/wwe-releases-superstars

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Shima Honnou posted:

I know, it's weird. Brodus, Camacho, and especially Yoshi have been on NXT a decent amount lately. JTG must know where the bodiesbottles of used HGH and steroids are all buried or something.

They were there to do jobs.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Don't pick up the phone, JTG. They might still be updating the list.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
AKSANA GONE

DON'T PICK UP THE PHONE, JTG

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
From PWInsider:

quote:

In the case of Teddy Long, his WWE contract expired. He had been taken off TV for some time and it was well known in the company that he was going to be departing the company.

In the case of Yoshi Tatsu, there was a feeling for some time that he had really regressed in the ring. The company had attempted to find another role for him, including trying him out as a ring announcer in NXT.

Regarding Brodus Clay, the feeling among those I've spoken with is that he fell out of favor with creative, which was obvious when they broke up his team with Tensai and then did nothing with him. His final appearance for the company was putting over NXT champ Adrian Neville on TV, which was a sign there wasn't a plan for him going forward.

We haven't heard much in the way of Evan Bourne's release but he hasn't wrestled in a long time on the main roster after being hurt in a car accident while he was out on a Wellness suspension. There was always a ton of potential for him in the ring but the timing was never in his favor.

The departures of Curt Hawkins and Camacho were the biggest surprises amongst people in the company we've heard from. Camacho was extremely popular within NXT circles and had a strong charisma and was well spoken in recent appearances. Hawkins had several more years on his current deal and had been considered a good hand in the ring, although he had not been utilized beyond putting people over in recent months.

Hawkins has a school he opened in Long Island, so he was already preparing a "Plan B" for himself and will likely get a ton of indy work in the Northeast.

The belief is there may me a few more releases among the wrestlers, but when releases happen, paranoia does kick in and everyone begins to freak out, so we will see.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
JINDER HINDERED, 3MB NO MORE

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
On Aksana's release:

quote:

There had been people waiting for this since she injured Naomi several months ago, but then it didn't happen.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
DREW MCINTYRE

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Marc Harris, a referee, also released today

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

Brodus actually had this planned out all along, he's a main event playa!

MY GOD TAZ WHO'S THAT ATTACKING ERIC YOUNG!?

It's... It's... BORKUS DAY

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

CapnAndy posted:

Is there any reliable word yet on how long Bryan will be out?

No word.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

CapnAndy posted:

Christ on a sidecart.

Was it actually the five goddamn piledrivers that did this? Kane's usually mega-safe, I thought.

No. That's all storyline. This is years of him working a tough style. This had probably been bothering him for a while before he finally went in.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Poorly timed tweet by Mark Henry fuels a great response form Curt Hawkins: https://twitter.com/TheCurtHawkins/status/477134520844824576

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Teddybear posted:

Are any of them on Smackdown? It would be kinda funny to see them job after they've been jobbed out of the company.

Aksana and 3MB

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Out of time
So say goodbye

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

maxallen posted:

When I went to Raw a couple weeks ago in Knoxville, 3MB came out to massive boos, I was about the only one cheering.

I still don't understand why people were booing, or how 3MB had so much heat. That's my 3MB story. Has PWInsider or anyone reported on why they were fired?

rip

Meltzer's write-up:

quote:

An episode of Black Friday came a day early this week.

WWE has not have a massive release of talent in a long time, to the point the only talent that had been let go were usually people whose contracts had expired and weren't being used.

The number of releases are likely a casualty of cost cutting since the company was projecting losing $45 million to $52 million thi year.

Names released so far today are:

Aksana - She never really improved past a certain level as a wrestler. With Alicia Fox breaking up the team this week, there was no apparent role for her. Then again, Rosa Mendes seems to have survived with even less of a role and more drama.

Evan Bourne - He hadn't been used in seemingly years, since a serious foot injury put him out for a long time. It's probably the best for all concerned because if he is healthy, and he was cleared some time back, he could be a very strong addition to either a TNA or ROH roster. They clearly had no interest in using him for a long time.

Camacho - He had been used only in NXT of late and had no role since Hunico became the second Sin Cara.

Brodus Clay - He was turned heel, but then his character was dropped. He also had done a program in NXT with champion Adrian Neville and made one recent appearance on Raw in a run-in.

Marc Harris - A referee

Curt Hawkins - A wrestler who had rarely been used. Few even remembered he was still with the company except he did a recent NXT match. He's opened a wrestling school recently.

Teddy Long - A very good television performer and talker. With The Authority storyline, a babyface GM role didn't fit. At one point they had a storyline started with he and Booker T, but everything was dropped cole and he hadnt been seen at all. There was no television role in the company for him at ths point.

Jinder Mahal - Someone they were somewhat high on but he didn't do anything to stand out on the main roster.

Drew McIntyre - McIntyre fell victim to the Chris Masters syndrome. He was a tall guy with a good body and a good look who they thought would be a superstar, so they pushed him super hard and the fans rejected the push. In time, he turned into a very good performrer, but they'd treated him like a joke in booking by that point for too long. 3MB was as good as it could have been given they were booked like the ultimate buffoons. And that role does give you limited upside mobility and shelf life. In his case, having been on TV in this role for so long, even though he's really talented, I don't know if there is a place for him past working indies, and in Europe he probably can do well. New Japan is already overloaded with foreigners and right now he's not what TNA needs, with the idea of pushing a guy coming directly off years as a WWE joke character.

Yoshi Tatsu - Another good wrestler who they had lost interest in. He was very over at least in appearance in his rare NXT appearances. But developmental isn't a place for a wrestler in his late 30s.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

oatgan posted:

I'm sure their salaries will make a huge dent in those 50 million dollars of losses

It'll help if they're bringing in higher-priced talent like Devitt, Kenta, Steen etc. Stave off some of the extra expense when most of these guys were probably making at least $100k/year.

Also, I'd say anyone on this page is likely safe: http://shop.wwe.com/Current/superstar-current,default,sc.html

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Are any of those guys going to come in demanding a huge amount of money though? Seems now even more than ever WWE pretty much has the leverage to pay guys whatever they feel they're worth and I can't imagine WWE thinking any of those guys are huge moneymakers at first look being that they don't think like 90% of their active roster will make them any money.

I'd think those three could demand more because they could make probably $300k/year on the indies. I know that's what Danielson was doing when he signed.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Brodus Clay would have one single piece of merch on the site negating what I said.

Guess who else has one piece of merch on the site?

http://shop.wwe.com/Zack-Ryder/superstar-current-zackryder,default,sc.html

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I wonder if Alberto Del Rio sells much merch being that pretty much nobody cares about him and the best most people can muster is a shrug when asked about his character.

It's easy to tell who sells and who doesn't based on how much they have for sale on the site. Del Rio has 1 shirt, back from when his babyface push.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Uh oh.

https://twitter.com/Jtg1284/status/477169517723152385

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

NienNunb posted:

There are no more constants in Professional Wrestling. The streak is dead, JTG isn't employed. Tomorrow Test is probably gonna stop being dead.

John Cena

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Rumor is one more release is due for today.

• Locked thread