Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
You know, maybe being able to damage your teammates in this incredibly frantic TPS loaded with zombies and standard military looking dudes isn't the best idea from a game design standpoint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

anilEhilated posted:

I don't know, it seems friendly fire is exactly the level of competence we can expect from Umbrella. That being said, I wouldn't mind a tongue-in-cheek parody game from their perspective - having to deal with all those ridiculous building designs, idiotic puzzle locks and incompetent leadership. I was kinda hoping this game would go for that angle before its release but ended up disappointed - it seems Capcom still takes Umbrella somewhat seriously. Okay, it would be hard to do it tastefully, but at least some people at Capcom can do whimsical well - a bunch of reasonably smart mooks being sent on traditionally stupid missions could make some good meta jokes.

"You know, if they had spent one tenth of the crank budget on making the underground lab safer, this whole mess wouldn't have happened"
"Boy, I'm glad I smoke, so many dumb doors need some lighter to be opened, because reasons"
"Sure, this is a nice gigantic mosaic of a snake eating a bird, but I don't really understand what this is doing in the shooting range of a secret underground training facility, that's all"
"Wait a sec, why is the Z virus sample 'locked' behind a color puzzle a 3yo hydrocephalic idiot can solve? This is the worst security system I've ever seen. Yes, worse than that Sun/Moon/Star emblems stuff that got us into the armory."
"Yeah, yeah, yeah, you gonna be King of the World once you inject yourself with that gene altering virus, best plan ever, no way that can go horribly wrong for you, nerdy scientist guy"
"Seriously man, we gotta take pictures of this whole mess, the guys upstairs will give us a nice bonus when they'll learn most of the science budget went towards building useless statues that need to be pushed around to block poison gas for the dumbest... wait, you mean they know about it? They actually requested that thing to be built? gently caress this, I'm defecting to the BSAA"

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
No lickers at all. They were replaced by their slightly more retarded cousins de Drain Deimos.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Yeah, that's one of the weird things about this LP, you are constantly talking about how the next encounter is pure bullshit or about how the incoming bossfight is near impossible, yet you always manage to breeze through it while also shooting/running into eachother.

I guess they really didn't balance it properly, it looks way too easy when 4 decent/good players barely work together, but solo is pure bullshit. Oh well, RE:ORC is basically "good idea, terrible execution" so there's no surprise.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Speaking of themes, even if the Nemesis is extremely badly used in this game, at least his theme is still great.

Also "I Now Know Why You Cy" :v:

• Locked thread