Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

There's actually a bug related to the 60 fps of the PC version: your weapon durability is tied to your framerate, so your weapons actually degrade twice as fast as on consoles.

RSCNyx posted:

A lot of the hardcore fanbase complains about Dark Souls 2 (amongst other things), but I think it's a very worthy sequel to the game! The overall game feels way better.

I feel pretty bad for the Cleric, can't even hold a dagger properly! I love how they start off NG+, too. They make it clear that they're not messing around, anymore.

As a huge fan of the first game, I was actually kinda disappointed with the feel of 2 for the first month, but then I gave it another go and it's definitely a mechanically really well-built game and a fantastic sequel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

It's not even that hard. The games expect you to play methodically and once you get into that mindset, it's a lot easier to get into the game. Unfortunately, a lot of people don't seem to understand that you need to play smart instead of rushing in stupidly.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I believe the Pursuer's name is a holdover from his original purpose of being a boss that chases you around the level instead of you going to him and just fighting. It's disappointing they couldn't keep the original intent, but at the same time, I guess I can understand it if it had anything to do with system limitations.

Edit: Also this is the best thing I've seen that involves the Pursuer.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I ended up killing Skeleton Lord my first run too, mostly out of stupid luck because my weapon was at risk of breaking when I got to the past bonewheels so I had to action equip some repair powder while somehow dodging bonewheels at the same time. Somehow I managed to equip gold pine resin instead so I took a nice hit. :v: At the time I didn't realize it would've been a really good idea to keep a backup weapon for moments like that, but I know better now.

Fun fact: the Huntsman's Copse is the explorable area from the network beta test From did a few months before the game launched. :v:

• Locked thread