Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
killaer
Aug 4, 2007
You can and should be fat and there's no problem at all. Evolution is really mean. I mean creationism is dumb but some gay nerd telling me about how survival of the fittest and how you need to be muscular to mack with girls and how the point of life is to procreate and spread your genes like did you even get laid at all in high school? hahahaha...............

edit: you should also be tall - this is a consequence of our 'phallocentric' society

killaer fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jun 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Zero We Trust
Jul 14, 2011
this thread is survival of the shittest

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

killaer posted:

You can and should be fat and there's no problem at all. Evolution is really mean. I mean creationism is dumb but some gay nerd telling me about how survival of the fittest and how you need to be muscular to mack with girls and how the point of life is to procreate and spread your genes like did you even get laid at all in high school? hahahaha...............
wow good job owning those idiotes.... :xd:

Wingless
Mar 3, 2009

I look down on you and all your flabby kin with the cold, dispassionate eyes of Hitler

Romes
Jun 18, 2003
Yeah, those scientist... lol, how do they know anything?!?! It's not like there's some process they ALL follow to test their hypothesis and things. And to another point, this "consensus" among them, what does that even mean? So what if all the scientists in the world say evolution is real, everyone in my bible group says it's not so that basically means they're wrong, right?!?!

Cool troll post. Voted 1. Please die.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

what if you opened a men's shoe store and you called it survival of the footest. that's a good idea, right?

killaer
Aug 4, 2007

Romes posted:

Yeah, those scientist... lol, how do they know anything?!?! It's not like there's some process they ALL follow to test their hypothesis and things. And to another point, this "consensus" among them, what does that even mean? So what if all the scientists in the world say evolution is real, everyone in my bible group says it's not so that basically means they're wrong, right?!?!

What a dry and uninteresting opinion. How many scientors have fun fulfilling lifes? I bet they read a book, like, EVOLUTION EXISTS I PROMISE!!! did u know, these birds on this island, they evoluted to have a different beak for to eat the different seeds, thus, THEY EVOLVED! And when you cannot evolve fast enough we institute a eugenic society that artificially values human traits as 'superior.' Yes. Build me a maximally evolved society. MAXIMIZE!

Its almost like....akin to religion....evolution is a similar form of assumptive thought narrowing...whoa nah man its true. IT EXISTS DID YOU KNOW DINOSARS? Okay youre right man.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
voting 2 because the op's lukewarm argument is at least new for gbs looking forward to the parody thread in half an hour

killaer
Aug 4, 2007

Romes posted:

Yeah, those religious authorities... lol, how do they know anything?!?! It's not like there's some spiritual process they ALL follow to test their insane ideologies and things. And to another point, this "consensus" among them, what does that even mean? So what if all the religious authorities in the world say G*D is real, everyone in my science class says it's not so that basically means they're wrong, right?!?!

Fairly passive
Nov 4, 2012

Not as productive as I should be
Survival of the survived.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

It's almost like you have no idea what you're talking about. LOL...............

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Cucking is a valid evolutionary strategy

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/close-encounters-of-the-sneaky-kind-85147028/?no-ist

quote:

According to our conventional notions about sexual behavior, the beefy macho males—the Mr. Bigs of the world—are supposed to get the girls. But recent research has starkly demonstrated that we may have it all wrong. The natural world is full of what biologists call "satellite males" or "sneaker males." Many of them are relative weaklings, or lack the masculine ornamentation to dazzle choosy females. Some even practice unconventional strategies like cross-dressing. And surprisingly often, these mating tactics are successful.

The sneaky approach seems to work best when picky females concentrate their favors on a relative handful of big brutish males (or when the big brutes corral females in harems). Alpha males are still the winners under this scenario of strong sexual selection, but the overwhelming majority of conventional males wind up as losers. Sneaker males, with their effective mating forays, may actually do better on average than these ordinary Joes.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
women are evolved to want to clean my house and suck my dick all day, it's just biological

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
It's actually survival of the most adaptable. The whole survival of the fittest thing was coined by some idiot British tabloid writer and since British people are dumb it stuck.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

killaer
Aug 4, 2007

No. 6 posted:

It's almost like you have no idea what you're talking about. LOL...............

but you didnt post so

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
given heritable variability and differential reproduction it's impossible for evolution to not be true

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp

In Zero We Trust posted:

this thread is survival of the shittest

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
anybody thst makes a claim sbout human behavior beyond basic poo poo like suckling instinct or whatever and attributes it to evolution is dumb as f*ck

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i base all my decisions on the strategies that beetles have already proven successful

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
this thread: the origin of feces

killaer
Aug 4, 2007

Ocean Book posted:

given heritable variability and differential reproduction it's impossible for evolution to not be true

sex?

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ocean Book posted:

you missed mutation you dumb gently caress

killaer
Aug 4, 2007
OH it happened over millions of years. How'd I forget that? Cuz we were there to see it, right?

NOOOOOOOOT

zing, I loving OWNED the scientists

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Ilikedirt posted:

anybody thst makes a claim sbout human behavior beyond basic poo poo like suckling instinct or whatever and attributes it to evolution is dumb as f*ck

Is evopsych even in the one of the STEM departments or do they teach it though the liberal arts department?

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

if evolution isnt real how do you explain the bible

turdriver
May 31, 2014

by XyloJW
im fat and alive and a bunch of buff people are dead so lmao your right op

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hobohemian posted:

Is evopsych even in the one of the STEM departments or do they teach it though the liberal arts department?
probably psych, since that's where they do all the bag of hammers rat studies

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

survival of the rubenesque

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

lonesomedwarf posted:

if evolution isnt real how do you explain the bible

hallucinogenic desert plants and a patriarchal hegemony that has lasted thousands of years

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
the advancement of science and medicine allows useless lumps like yourself and a vast number of the world population to exist in comfort when nature would've murdered you long ago

you're poo poo and you know it

killaer
Aug 4, 2007

A misanthrope posted:

hallucinogenic desert plants and a patriarchal hegemony that has lasted thousands of years

but isnt evolution just a result of dehumanized technological singularity or industrial revolution or some kind of labor-harnessing oppressive system or something

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
if evolution is true, how come we haven't found the missing link between fish and whales?

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

:biotruths: i've always wanted to use that smiley thanks yall

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

im going to start a religion

the god is called "god"

the holy book is called "book"

alright guys lets start this thing

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Copley Depot posted:

if evolution is true, how come we haven't found the missing link between fish and whales?
i'm taking this to mean your dad was a single parent

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Dolphin posted:

i'm taking this to mean your dad was a single parent

Did you just call his mom fat?

killaer
Aug 4, 2007

lonesomedwarf posted:

im going to start a evolution

the god is called "evolution"

the holy book is called "book"

alright guys lets start this thing

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
If fat people survive - which they do in massive(!) numbers - they are, by definition, fit.

America is the fittest country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

If fat people survive - which they do in massive(!) numbers - they are, by definition, fit.

America is the fittest country.
incorrect, they simply have to produce successful offspring, which you should have learned in high school

• Locked thread