Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Nobody's feigning anything, are they.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
So how can Mike realistically ever get out of this situation?

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
Fake his death, move to the Yukon?

Blueheim
Dec 2, 2006
Zelda Junkie
Now we have to wonder did Eric Roberts let Mike get an out with screwing over Sitwell with that provision? I wasn't clear on that. It seemed like he respected what Mike was doing and let him get a pass on that front.

On the other hand Eric Roberts is always comically evil and thus this seems quite out of character. (Poor Eric)

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Blueheim posted:

Now we have to wonder did Eric Roberts let Mike get an out with screwing over Sitwell with that provision? I wasn't clear on that. It seemed like he respected what Mike was doing and let him get a pass on that front.

On the other hand Eric Roberts is always comically evil and thus this seems quite out of character. (Poor Eric)

No, Mike's agreement still stands. He just hadn't funded it yet, so he had an out - Eric Roberts went to Sidwell and had him fund it, but Sidwell still doesn't know about the provision.

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

This episode was a really cheap way out for Louis's arc

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Peta posted:

This episode was a really cheap way out for Louis's arc

They had to make room for the "Harvey bulldosing an orphanage" plotline in the next episode. Can't have character development for the actually interesting characters no sir.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Really transparent that Harvey doesn't give a poo poo about Donna and just wants to see Louis as Shylock.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
Donna n Harvey getting married next ep

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
3000 ducats?!?! :arghfist::mad:

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

I think it's actually pretty raw that with Louis the writers have set up as close to a classic American underdog story as they can get with a show about corporate law and they are just spurning it for the sake of the utterly contemptible yet handsome leads

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

I thought the whole deal with Rachel was that P-S pays for law school like it did with Harvey, and then in the summers she comes and works as an associate for full pay, with the two not overlapping and causing this storyline?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I just loooooooove the relationship/drama that we get shoved in our faces with Rachel. Why can't her character be about anything EXCEPT boys? Bah.

Sarcasm aside, we need more of Louis Litt.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jul 17, 2014

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Yeah the Rachel stuff is soap opera levels of dumb, to the point where I was surprised that Rachel wasn't in the hospital because she was pregnant. Still, I like that the show wasn't afraid to just have a completely random B plot with Louis and Donna, which was awesome as always.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

VDay posted:

Yeah the Rachel stuff is soap opera levels of dumb, to the point where I was surprised that Rachel wasn't in the hospital because she was pregnant. Still, I like that the show wasn't afraid to just have a completely random B plot with Louis and Donna, which was awesome as always.

I liked the dream sequence. "I'll never marry you, you fraud!"

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

VDay posted:

Yeah the Rachel stuff is soap opera levels of dumb, to the point where I was surprised that Rachel wasn't in the hospital because she was pregnant.

Two more episodes from now you'll be eating your hat, buddy.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I actually wrote "(they're probably saving that for the mid-season/season finale)" originally but deleted it because I don't want to jinx it.

Of course the real kick is that it'll be Logan's baby.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Or Erik Estrada's.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

VDay posted:

I actually wrote "(they're probably saving that for the mid-season/season finale)" originally but deleted it because I don't want to jinx it.

Of course the real kick is that it'll be Logan's baby.

There'll be a love quadrilateral with Rachel. Midseason finale: Louis did more than break his promise to Rachel, he broke her heart.

Rachel's babymaker just got Litt up.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!
Finally caught up with this season. Pretty good stuff- but I agree they've been downplaying Mike's power. I really like how the dynamic has changed between Mike and Harvey. Harvey's still treating Mike like he's his mentor and above him- and Mike now considers himself more on Harvey's level. Jeff Mallone is a great new character and I hope he becomes a more permanent addition to the cast.

Mid-season Finale Prediction: Someone gets fired.

Holyshoot posted:

I read in an interview with the actor that plays Harvey that real corporate lawyers aren't so "out to get each other". It's most team work. And I'd venture to guess the only accurate thing on this show is how they show lawyers spending 20 hours at work on average.

This is true. The "real" job where everyone is out to get each other is real estate. Has there ever been a fictionalized show about real estate agents?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

CaptainHollywood posted:

This is true. The "real" job where everyone is out to get each other is real estate. Has there ever been a fictionalized show about real estate agents?

Modern Family

AshB
Sep 16, 2007
Alright, Suits. I'm so ready to get Litt the hell up. For once in your life, don't gently caress this up for Louis.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
Oh man, I just watched the early season 3 episode where Louis throws out his "Welcome to Team Litt" cake. :smith: I am so ready to see him go nuclear on everyone in his building, plus Mike.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Hey I have that mug :3:

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

I'd rather have the mug.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Keep on lying Mike.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hey man, your lies are your life.

Oh wait, wrong show.

Edit: What the gently caress is going on here Rachel?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

muscles like this? posted:

Hey man, your lies are your life.

Oh wait, wrong show.

Edit: What the gently caress is going on here Rachel?

I assume this is a flashback.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

jscolon2.0 posted:

I assume this is a flashback.

Yeah, they've been really unclear on that stuff. Give somebody a different haircut or something.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Rachel also keeps making poor decisions.

A phone call would've sufficed but nooo.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
gently caress Rachel for real

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Daric posted:

gently caress Rachel for real

This, except the opposite way of how you mean it.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Jessica you're ripping the firm apart!

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Let's play: How is Rachel going to gently caress this up

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

muscles like this? posted:

Yeah, they've been really unclear on that stuff. Give somebody a different haircut or something.

Logan has (more) stubble in the present

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Mike loving up again.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
This is such petty bullshit. Not even enjoyable petty bullshit, just straight up awful.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Mike Ross: bad investment banker, or the worst?

Katrina's back! :allears:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hey, Katrina is still around!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Louis no! This is going to blow up in everyone's face!

• Locked thread