Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Welcome to year two of the most murder-tastic keeper league around TAQ, The Chmura Cup. Before we begin, I want to thank you guys for a great inaugural season, and a big congratulations to anime gently caress pillow who was our first champion.

So, on to business. Here's the checklist of things that need to get done:

1. Select draft order
2. Choose keepers
3. Set draft date

I'm going to put all of the pertinent info and rules refreshers in the next few posts.

Reminder, that you have control over your full roster and all of your draft picks until 24 hours before the draft starts. Last thread, I set a soft deadline for keepers as 8/1. I'd like everyone to at least submit a preliminary list by that date. You'll still be able to change keepers until 24 hours before the draft, but for everyone's benefit, I'd like to at least have a comprehensive list of who's most likely being kept for preparatory purposes (mock drafting, pre-season stuff, etc.).

Good luck everyone.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jun 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

GENERAL RULES posted:

A. There are 5 keeper slots every year: 2 offensive players, 2 defensive players, and 1 player of choice either offense or defense.
B. The teams in the League Championship will each receive an extra choice keeper.
C. If a player is claimed as kept, there will be a 1 round added to his draft position in the next year's draft
D. In order to keep a player who was drafted in the 1st round, the keeping team must add TWO rounds to the two lowest valued keepers on the roster. For two 1st round players, two rounds must be added to every other keeper on the roster (not including Project Keepers). For three 1st round players, THREE rounds must be added to the other keepers AND the team in question will be ineligible to select a Project Keeper that season.
E. In order for a Free Agent acquisition to be claimed as kept, he must be on the team's roster for at least three consecutive regular season weeks (ie. added before the beginning of Regular Season Week 11) and for the duration of the playoffs.
F. If a Free Agent pick is being kept, a 16th round pick must be given up (and a pick from subsequent rounds for each additional FA player kept).
G. Keeper players can NOT be cut. Otherwise, there is no Can't Cut list.
H. If a keeper player goes on IR, he may be cut but the right to claim him for the next season will be forfeited (unless the criteria is met from Rule E).
I. If a player is drafted in the first 5 rounds, then subsequently cut and acquired by a new team and the new team wishes to keep said player, he will retain his original draft slot instead of being given a Free Agent draft slot.
J. Any trade involving keeper players is subject to Commissioner Veto if it is deemed that one or more of the keeper(s) in question are being traded purely in an act of disposal. Any owners that have a trade vetoed are entitled to an appeal.
K. MR. IRRELEVANT RULE: If you have the last overall pick in the draft, you may keep that player, in the same round in the next year's draft, without him counting against your original keepers or project keeper, but in the next's year's draft, you will be given the last pick of the 24th round, and the first pick of the 25th. (ie. must move to the end of the round before "Mr. Irrelevant keeper" and pick last; cant' have "Mr. Irrelevant" pick two years in a row.). Like all non-project keepers, a Mr. Irrelevant can NOT be cut.

PROJECT KEEPER RULES posted:

A. A Project Keeper is a player, either offense or defense, that is picked in the last 5 rounds. Project Keepers are not required.
B. A Project Keeper can only be acquired via draft or trade, any player acquired via free agency will follow free agency keeper rules.
C. Unlike regular keepers, Project Keepers can be cut.
D. In his first kept season (the season following his original draft selection) a project keeper will NOT count against the team's original 5 keepers, or 6 keepers for Championship Game participants.
E. If a Project Keeper is chosen, he will retain his original round value in the next year’s draft.
F. If a Project Keeper is kept a second time, he will be defaulted to the round following the team's final kept player (ie. If kept players cause a team to lose picks in rounds 2, 4, 10, and 15, the project keeper will be defaulted to round 16)
G. If a Project Keeper is kept for two or more seasons, he will then count against the team's original 5 keepers, or 6 for Championship Game participants.
H. If a Project Keeper for a 3rd season, his round value will be based upon his round value from the previous season, not the round following the team's final keeper. (ie. In the previous scenario, the Project Keeper defaulted to round 16 after the second year, would then be taken in round 15)
I. If an original keeper is supposed to be in the same round as a Project Keeper (ie. PK drafted in round 22, keeper drafted in round 23 and supposed to move up to round 22), the original keeper will be slotted into the round AHEAD of the Project Keeper (in the stated scenario, the player from round 23 would then be selected in round 21)

DRAFT ORDER AND LOTTERY BRACKET RULES posted:

A. Team owners will choose their own draft slot based on the previous season's final standings.
B. The order of draft slot selection will operate as follows: There will be a Lottery Bracket playoff for choices 1-6 and choices 7-12 will be decided based on playoff performance.

The choice order will be:
1. Lottery Bracket Champion
2. Lottery Bracket Runner-up
3. Lottery Bracket 3rd place game winner
4. Lottery Bracket 3rd place game loser
5. Lottery Bracket 5th place game winner
6. Lottery Bracket 5th place game loser
7. Playoff 3rd place game winner
8. Playoff 5th place game winner
9. Playoff 5th place game loser
10. Playoff 3rd place game loser
11. League runner-up
12. League Champion

C. The Lottery Bracket will be scheduled and calculated manually by the commissioner. The seeds will be as follows:
12 - BYE
11 - BYE
10 vs. 7
9 vs. 8

and will re-seed after each round. Whatever line-up you have set by 1PM on Sunday (or by game-time for any Thursday/Saturday games), will be the one used, so be sure to set your lineups.

SCHEDULE RULES posted:

A. Teams will be placed into three divisions according to the final standings, in such a manner:
Division A: 1, 6, 7, 12
Division B: 2, 5, 8, 11
Division C: 3, 4, 9, 10

1 denotes League Champion, 2 denotes League runner-up, 3-12 will be ranked by regular season record.

B. Each team will play a 13 game schedule (5 games within division, 8 games outside division) where they will play every team once during Weeks 1-11. Weeks 12 and 13 will be based upon the previous year's standings as such:

Week 12: 1v7, 2v8, 3v9, 4v10, 5v11, 6v12
Week 13: 1v12, 2v11, 3v10, 4v9, 5v8, 6v7

C. The division winners will receive the top three seeds, with the top two seeds receiving first-round byes.

Scoring Settings posted:

Completions: .125
Incomplete Passes: -.1
Passing Yards: 40 yards per point; 3.5 points at 325 yards; 8.5 points at 400 yards; 8.5 points at 475 yards
Passing Touchdowns : 4
Interceptions: -2
Rushing Attempts: -.07
Rushing Yards: 13 yards per point; 4.06 points at 100 yards; 7.04 points at 150 yards; 7.9 points at 200 yards
Rushing Touchdowns: 6
Receptions: .5
Reception Yards: 15 yards per point; 2.5 points at 100 yards; 5 points at 150 yards; 7.5 points at 200 yards
Reception Touchdowns: 6
Return Yards: 40 yards per point; 2 points at 150 yards; 4 points at 200 yards; 9 points at 250 yards
Return Touchdowns: 6
2-Point Conversions: 2
Fumbles: -1
Fumbles Lost: -1
Offensive Fumble Return TD: 6
Pick Sixes Thrown: -2
40+ Yard Rushing Attempts: 2.5
40+ Yard Receptions: 2.5

Kickers
Field Goals 0-19 Yards: 3
Field Goals 20-29 Yards: 3
Field Goals 30-39 Yards: 3
Field Goals 40-49 Yards: 4
Field Goals 50+ Yards: 5
Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards: -3
Field Goals Missed 20-29 Yards: -3
Point After Attempt Made: 1
Point After Attempt Missed: -5

Defensive Players
Tackle Solo: .85
Tackle Assist: .425
Sack: 2.5
Interception: 3.5
Fumble Force: 3
Fumble Recovery: 3
Defensive Touchdown: 6
Safety: 4
Pass Defended: 1
Block Kick : 3
Tackles for Loss: .65
Turnover Return Yards: 20 yards per point

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Nov 7, 2014

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Simpson
anime gently caress pillow
IcePhoenix
Nybble
Pice Of poo poo

Carruth
Zypher
Jbz
Obama Yo Mama
Yoshifan823

Hernandez
Azhais
Boywunda
ffoecaf
OBR

I'll add in team names after the draft just so it's easier to know who is who.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Aug 14, 2014

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Draft Order:
1. Obama Yo Mama
2. ffoecaf
3. JBZ
4. Nybble
5. Boywunda
6. Azhais
7. Zypher
8. OBR
9. Yoshifan823
10. Pice Of poo poo
11. anime gently caress pillow
12. IcePhoenix

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Aug 16, 2014

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Keepers:

Obama Yo Mama
Rd. 3: Pierre Garcon
Rd. 10: Lavonte David
Rd. 12: Joique Bell
Rd. 17: Jerod Mayo
Rd. 18: Brian Cushing
Rd. 22: Denarius Moore (PK)

Zypher
Rd 1: Matt Forte
Rd. 5: Ryan Mathews
Rd. 8: James Laurinaitis
Rd. 9: Derrick Johnson
Rd. 15: Rashad Jennings
Rd. 16: Zac Stacy

Rd. 1: Brandon Marshall
Rd. 3: Giovanni Bernard
Rd. 7: LeVeon Bell
Rd. 14: Karlos Dansby
Rd. 15: Kam Chancellor
Rd. 16: Nick Foles
Rd. 24: Julius Thomas (PK)

IcePhoenix
Rd. 1: Adrian Peterson
Rd. 4: Rob Gronkowski
Rd. 10: Richard Sherman
Rd. 13: Cordarrelle Patterson
Rd. 16: Von Miller
Rd. 21: Jeremy Maclin (PK)

Boywunda
Rd. 1: LeSean McCoy
Rd. 5: Andrew Luck
Rd. 13: Vontaze Burfict
Rd. 15: Knowshon Moreno
Rd. 20: Charles Woodson

ffoecaf
Rd. 5: Shane Vereen
Rd. 11: Percy Harvin
Rd. 16: Daryl Smith
Rd. 17: Mason Foster
Rd. 19: DeMeco Ryans
Rd. 22: Andre Brown (PK)

Azhais
Rd. 15: Alshon Jeffery
Rd. 16: Carlos Dunlap
Rd. 17: Perry Riley
Rd. 18: Andre Ellington
Rd. 19: Keenan Allen

Jbz
Rd. 1: Jamaal Charles
Rd. 2: Demaryius Thomas
Rd. 6: Matthew Stafford
Rd. 16: Paul Worrilow
Rd. 17: Barry Church

Nybble
Rd. 5: Luke Keuchly
Rd. 9: Bryce Brown
Rd. 16: Jordan Reed
Rd. 17: Stephen Tulloch
Rd. 20: Ben Roethlisberger
Rd. 22: Fred Jackson (PK)

OBR
Rd. 2: Eddie Lacy
Rd. 3: J.J. Watt
Rd. 6: Jordan Cameron
Rd. 16: Robert Quinn

Yoshifan823
Rd. 1: Dez Bryant
Rd. 3: Peyton Manning
Rd. 4: Montee Ball
Rd. 9: Paul Posluszny
Rd. 12: Harrison Smith

Pice Of poo poo:
Rd. 1: Calvin Johnson
Rd. 2: Marshawn Lynch
Rd. 3: Antonio Brown
Rd. 14: Justin Houston
Rd. 15: Alec Ogeltree

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Aug 16, 2014

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Hi. I would like to join this league.

edit: Can you put the scoring rules in one of those posts, too, please?

Zypher fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jun 11, 2014

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Done

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Here are my rough keepers:

1. Matt Forte
5. Ryan Mathews
8. James Laurinaitis
9. Derrick Johnson
15. Rashad Jennings
16. Zac Stacy

And I don't think I have anyone that qualifies as a project keeper.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

These are all the Project Keeper eligible players. I'll work on seeing if I can do everyone's full roster.

Azhais
N/A

Jbz
N/A

Nybble
21. Ben Roethlisberger
22. Fred Jackson

22. Marcus Lattimore
24. Julius Thomas
25. Mason Crosby

Boywunda
22. Charles Woodson

Anubis
24. Greg Zuerlein

IcePhoenix
21. Jeremy Maclin
23. Matt Prater

Obama Yo Mama
21. Robert Woods
22. Denarius Moore

seventeen
N/A

zeroordie
22. Duke Ihenacho
24. Justin Tucker

ffoecaf
21. Andre Roberts
22. Andre Brown
24. Terrelle Pryor

Zypher
N/A

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

My Keepers for now, with the round they were picked last year in parentheses.

Offense:
1: Jamaal Charles (1)
14: Cordarelle Patterson (15)
18: Alex Smith (20)
21: Jeremy Maclin (21P)

Defense:
16: Von Miller (18)

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I put a list in the OP of everyone's rosters and what all of the players' round values would be if they are kept this year. That should make it easier to choose who you want to keep, and also easier to see who everyone's got for those of us interested in making trades in the off-season

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Jun 12, 2014

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

If anyone is interested in Lattimore as a Project Keeper, let me know!

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Bumping this from the depths, still waiting on:

seventeen
ffoecaf
zeroordie
Anubis
Nybble

Also, it's a bit early, but we should eventually discuss a draft date. It's probably best to do it sometime in mid-to-late August. If you know what your schedule will be like around then, let me know, and I can try to find a day and time that'll work for everyone.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I can likely work around any date for the draft. Once Zypher's league settles on a date I'll know more.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
I need to sit and work on my rankings. Might be doing that tonight, and then I'll cut to 16. Been in World Cup mode all summer!

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

First thoughts on my keepers

Offense
5) Andrew Luck
16) Knowshon Moreno

Defense
13) Vontaze Burfict
22) Charles Woodson

Choice
1+) LeSean McCoy

Since I'm keeping McCoy, after penalties, my keepers look like

1) LeSean McCoy
5) Andrew Luck
13) Vontaze Burfict
14) Knowshon Moreno
20) Charles Woodson

Is that right?

Boywunda fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jul 15, 2014

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Boywunda posted:

First thoughts on my keepers

Offense
5) Andrew Luck
16) Knowshon Moreno

Defense
13) Vontaze Burfict
22) Charles Woodson

Choice
1+) LeSean McCoy

Since I'm keeping McCoy, after penalties, my keepers look like

1) LeSean McCoy
5) Andrew Luck
13) Vontaze Burfict
14) Knowshon Moreno
20) Charles Woodson

Is that right?

You don't keep them at the round they were drafted unless they were a first round pick or are a project keeper. So it would be

1) LeSean McCoy
4) Andrew Luck
12) Vontaze Burfict
14) Knowshon Moreno
20) Charles Woodson

e: or if you had already done that adjustment, then you added one too many rounds to moreno and woodon because the penalty for keeping a round one guy means you add two rounds instead of one to the two lowest guys.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

You don't keep them at the round they were drafted unless they were a first round pick or are a project keeper. So it would be

1) LeSean McCoy
4) Andrew Luck
12) Vontaze Burfict
14) Knowshon Moreno
20) Charles Woodson

e: or if you had already done that adjustment, then you added one too many rounds to moreno and woodon because the penalty for keeping a round one guy means you add two rounds instead of one to the two lowest guys.

According to OYM's post about rosters, he already indicated which round they would be this year. I've indicated round drafted in brackets.

1) LeSean McCoy (1)
5) Andrew Luck (6)
13) Vontaze Burfict (14)
14) Knowshon Moreno (FA)
20) Charles Woodson (22)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Boywunda posted:

According to OYM's post about rosters, he already indicated which round they would be this year. I've indicated round drafted in brackets.

1) LeSean McCoy (1)
5) Andrew Luck (6)
13) Vontaze Burfict (14)
14) Knowshon Moreno (FA)
20) Charles Woodson (22)

Your post above had a mix and match of the draft and keeper numbers in the initial part so I had to make a guess at what you were doing v:)v

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Sorry, I guess I should ahve stated that I used the round numbers that OYM shared. No worries, I'm pretty sure I got it.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Know that Woodson is PK eligible, you can keep him and another D player if you'd like. If you go with those five it would be:

1) McCoy
5) Luck
13) Burfict
15) Moreno
20) Woodson

If you kept another D (who'd likely be another FA) and then Woodson as a PK it would be:

1) McCoy
5) Luck
13) Burfict
14) Moreno
15) XXXXXXXXX
22) Woodson

You don't have to keep a PK, so if you're cool with those 5, it would be option A above.

e: the 1+ penalty causes the bottom two to move up two rounds instead of one (ie. from 12 -> 10 instead of 11) but since FAs are default 16, they just move up to 15, not 14.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Jul 16, 2014

ffoecaf
Sep 17, 2005

Get Off My Lawn
I'll get my draft order pick in today/tomorrow

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Thanks for the clarification OYM. Yes I know Woodson could be PK eligible, but I don't have any other IDP that I would keep. The piece I missed was about FA going from 16 to 15 instead of 14 when penalized.

Final (unless I change my mind)

1) McCoy
5) Luck
13) Burfict
15) Moreno
20) Woodson

ffoecaf
Sep 17, 2005

Get Off My Lawn
Pick 2 please.

And for keepers:

4) Shane Vereen
10)Percy Harvin
15) Daryl Smith
16)Mason Foster
18)DeMeco Ryans

22) Andre Brown

ffoecaf fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jul 18, 2014

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

The list I posted at the top of the page is showing what rounds the guys on your roster are valued at this season, not last year, so you've moved all your players up an extra round. I've fixed it in the keeper/draft order post.

Still waiting on 4 to join, and keepers from two others (obviously you've still got some time so no rush). Whenever we get Anubis in, he'll be up for picking his draft slot

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Not to self fellate too much, but I'm a little shocked that I only made 3 FA moves last year.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Azhais
15) Alshon Jeffery
16) Carlos Dunlap
17) Perry Riley
18) Andre Ellington
19) Keenan Allen

Am I doing this right?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I think it's a minimum 16th, so you'd lose 12-16?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Nope, that's right

Jbz
Jun 6, 2011

Just posting to let you future-losers-to-me know that I'll have my keepers by this weekend at the latest and I'm okay with nearly any draft time in a US time zone.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Okay, so Anubis is dropping out this year and I haven't heard from seventeen or zeroordie. If the other two join up and Anubis is gone, I'm just going to give his team away to the first taker. If I need to replace two or three teams, I'm going to have an expansion draft. The way the expansion draft works is as follows:

Every team will submit a list of 10 keeper-eligible players on their roster. You can submit a list of 11 if you're including a PK eligible player, but then that player is locked in as your PK for the season. If you were in the championship game you can submit a list of 11 players (or 12 if selecting a PK). Every non-protected player and the entirety of the replaced teams' rosters will go into a pool and there will be a 5 round draft between the new owners.

I'm going to set the deadline for the returning guys for 8/12. If I don't hear anything by then, I'm just going to move forward. If you guys want to be proactive and start compiling your protected lists now just in case, I definitely wouldn't be against that.

e: my list:

6) Tony Romo
12) Joique Bell
13) Eric Weddle
14) Rueben Randle
FA) Jarrett Boykin
FA) Brian Cushing
FA) Jerod Mayo
FA) Earl Thomas
19) David Harris
20/21) Robert Woods
22) Denarius Moore (PK)

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Aug 1, 2014

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
My pre-season for Fantasy starts tomorrow. Will get my keepers and list out then.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Also, in case anyone is following along with other people's keepers, I just dropped Robert Woods (rip team name :() for Tony Romo

e: so if there's a budding market for rd. 21 PK Robert Woods, I :negative:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Looking at his keeper list, I can see why Anubis dropped out! That's a shameful draft.

Jbz
Jun 6, 2011

Initial look at keepers.

1+) Adrian Peterson
2) Demaryius Thomas
6) Matthew Stafford
12) Jerrell Freeman
17) Barry Church

I'm a retard in real life, so yell if this is wrong.

Jbz fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Aug 2, 2014

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Checking in:

5) Luke Keuchly
9) Bryce Brown
16/FA) Jordan Reed
17/FA) Stephen Tulloch **
20) Ben Roethlisberger
22/PK) Fred Jackson

** Should this be a 17th or 15th? I'm not sure.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Yeah, those are both good

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Changed my keepers again because I am fickle

zeroordie
Aug 27, 2004

Hey guys. I won't have time to participate in this league this season, unfortunately.

Super sorry to drop out like this. I've been trying to decide one way or the other as I really wanted to do it but I just don't think I can swing it this time.

At least the team I'm leaving behind won't screw anyone over, definitely some decent options there haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

So OYM, to be clear, I can put players on this list that I won't be keeping? Or is this just 5 additional keepers per team that I should be working out penalty-wise?

• Locked thread