Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Miller

Miller's family had lived on their island for a long time before catastrophe struck. It was a lush home and they lived well with nature, from a young age bonding with various animals and learning the ways of both the land and the sea. It all changed once the Karkanaks appeared. Horrifying crab-like creatures that scuttled from the beaches to take back what they claimed as rightfully theirs. Most of his family was killed in their first raids, but at that point Miller had what it took to survive. He'd do anything. It took six months for an Imperial Task Force on Monstrous Creatures to arrive to deal with the threat, despite numerous requests for help. By the time the creatures were cleared and the island reclaimed for humanity Miller was all alone, only his trusty hawk Roland to keep him company.

1.) What do you search for?
I search for creatures that upset the natural order, those beasts that require a true hunter.

2.) Do you support the Imperials? Why or why not?
The Empire saved my life, that's true. But the numerous others slain cannot go unaccounted for. They are weak and don't care for their citizens.

3.) What do you fear?
There are creatures out there that do not fear man, great ancient beasts and civilizations older than land. I truly fear these monsters, I can only hope that in man's time of need I will face my fears.

quote:

Level: 1
Damage: d8
Armor: 1
HP: 20/20

STR: 13 (+1)
DEX: 16 (+2)
CON: 12 (+0)
INT: 9 (+0)
WIS: 15 (+1)
CHA: 8 (-1)

Alignment: Good: Endanger yourself to combat an unnatural threat.
Race: Human: When you make camp in a dungeon or city, you don't need to consume a ration.
Look: Sharp eyes, wide-brimmed hat, camouflage, wild body.

Moves:
Hunt and Track:
When you follow a trail of clues left behind by passing creatures, roll+WIS. On a 7+ you follow the creature's trail until there's a significant change in its direction or mode of travel. On a 10+ you also choose 1:
-Gain a useful bit of information about your quarry, the GM will tell you what.
-Determine what caused the trail to end.

Called Shot:
When you attack a defenseless or surprised enemy at range, you can choose to deal your damage or name your target and roll+DEX
-Head: 7-9: They do nothing but stand and drool for a few moments, 10+: As 7-9 plus your damage.
-Arms: 7-9: They drop anything they're holding, 10+: As 7-9 plus your damage.
-Legs: 7-9: They're hobbled and slow moving, 10+" As 7-9 plus your damage.

Animal Companion:
You have a supernatural connection with a loyal animal, you can't talk to it per se but it always acts as you wish it to.
Name: Roland
Species: Hawk
Base: Ferocity +2, Cunning +2, 0 Armor, Instinct +1
Strengths: Fast, keen senses
Training: Fight humanoids, fight monsters, scout
Weakness: Flighty

Command:
When you work with your animal companion on something it's trained in...
-...and you attack the same target, add its ferocity to your damage.
-...and you track, and its cunning to your roll.
-...and you take damage, add its armor to your armor.
-...and you Discern Realities, add its cunning to your roll.
-...and you Parley, add its cunning to your roll.
-...and someone interferes with you, add its instinct to your roll.

Gear:
Hunter's Bow(near, far, 1 weight)
Short Sword(close, 1 weight)
Leather armor (1 armor, 1 weight)
Dungeon Rations (5/5, 1 weight)
Adventuring Gear(5/5, 1 weight)
Bundles of Arrows (5/6, 2 weight)
Load: 7/12

Bonds:
I have guided Sia before and they owe me for it.
Wilem is a friend of nature, so I will be their friend as well.
Rory has no respect for nature, so I have no respect for them.
Icarus does not understand life in the wild, so I will teach them.

I changed the hood to a hat, hope that's kosher. :D

Bear Enthusiast fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jun 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone

Nevermore214 posted:

Miller, where do the Karkanaks come from, and what did they want? Does anyone even know?

As far as I know they want the systematic slaughter of humanity, but no one really believes me. They'll come for the rest of you someday, I know it. As far as tracking them my attempts brought me a little past the dropoff before going dry.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Miller

I have guided Sia before and they owe me for it.
Wilem is a friend of nature, so I will be their friend as well.
Rory has no respect for nature, so I have no respect for them.
Icarus does not understand life in the wild, so I will teach them.

Bear Enthusiast fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Jun 14, 2014

• Locked thread