Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

PTizzle posted:

I'd love dongs please, some dude (apparently a career goon harasser) has smashed me down to 870 nation strength :argh:

e: nation link might be handy: http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=555619

Oh you have been attacked by RUKUNU.
Yes, he is a famous goon smasher. Consider him the final boss of your training.

Guess where we got the name for one of our squads?

Michaellaneous fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jul 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

I have no idea what any of this means. It was a joke about their name.

Well they've done poo poo like that, so that's the first thing that came to my mind.

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008

Michaellaneous posted:

Oh you have been attacked by RUKUNU.
Yes, he is a famous goon smasher. Consider him the final boss of your training.

Guess where we got the name for one of our squads?

Thanks to the financial/military injection I just got I can stomp him now, it'll just take a little while. Looks like he's attacked a few other dudes too.

Something heartwarming about goons drawing enough ire that a guy keeps making new accounts *just* to attack their newbies over and over.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

PTizzle posted:

Thanks to the financial/military injection I just got I can stomp him now, it'll just take a little while. Looks like he's attacked a few other dudes too.

Something heartwarming about goons drawing enough ire that a guy keeps making new accounts *just* to attack their newbies over and over.

He does not make new accounts afaik. He was RUKUNU for ages, and he just kept going and going.

e:

RUKUNU posted:

130,056 Attacking + 158,147 Defending = 288,203 Casualties

Michaellaneous fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Jul 7, 2014

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Personally, I think RUKUNU is a sock account for whoever is in charge of goon training at the time. I cut my teeth on RUKUNU. Everyone cuts their teeth on him. He's the training dummy that never breaks or goes away. He just never stops attacking new goons, like he thinks thats going to drive them off or something. All it ever does is give them their first taste of combat.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

neogeo0823 posted:

Personally, I think RUKUNU is a sock account for whoever is in charge of goon training at the time. I cut my teeth on RUKUNU. Everyone cuts their teeth on him. He's the training dummy that never breaks or goes away. He just never stops attacking new goons, like he thinks thats going to drive them off or something. All it ever does is give them their first taste of combat.

I never got attacked by him.
Then again, I attack another guy on my second day. So maybe you are right!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
if I hadn't stopped playing this game I bet I could have kept you guys from making dumb decisions like allying with Sparta

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

JT Jag posted:

if I hadn't stopped playing this game I bet I could have kept you guys from making dumb decisions like allying with Sparta

Never a bad time to come back and try and push your opinions on the politics. It's not like that's ever hurt before.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself
I remember when funding wars against RUKUNU was a pet project of mine. Good times. I am pretty sure we had him down to the lowest Nation Strength of all nations at least once. I have to respect that tenacity and dedication.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

So am I doing something wrong because my application into the goon alliance is still pending?

Not really clear-cut on where to post on the cn goons forums.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

JT Jag posted:

The political landscape has changed since you quit. Drastically.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Hajj Podge posted:

The political landscape has changed since you quit. Drastically.
I've heard.

The stress of Doomhouse's internal bickering and trying to herd our various allies is part of what made me withdraw from leadership in the first place. It didn't surprise me at all that things fell apart on that end shortly afterwards.

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Jul 8, 2014

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
As far as the whole 'keeping allies from hating each other' business goes, I'm glad our PB days are behind us is all I'll say. :colbert:

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009

PTizzle posted:

Thanks mate! Do you need any tech?

I can always use tech, but don't worry about it too much. Definitely deal with RUKUNU first.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

JT Jag posted:

I've heard.

The stress of Doomhouse's internal bickering and trying to herd our various allies is part of what made me withdraw from leadership in the first place. It didn't surprise me at all that things fell apart on that end shortly afterwards.

To be fair, when your allies are alliances of the caliber of the ones you were allied with at the time... :shrug:

Much better off nowadays, that's for sure.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

The Shortest Path posted:

To be fair, when your allies are alliances of the caliber of the ones you were allied with at the time... :shrug:

Much better off nowadays, that's for sure.
I liked a lot of our allies at the time. A lot of good groups that were dependable in a fight. In wartime they functioned great for a long time.

Many of our allies did not like eachother, including ultimately our two closest friends. It made for unstable and frustrating ground as a diplomat and, for a time, Co-Pilot. It was peacetime diplomacy that made me quit, not irritation over Goons' allies being bad at Cybernations.

RC Bandit
Sep 7, 2012

Hanson: It's Time

Grimey Drawer

Join Now!

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
Are all the famous OWF spergs still around? Because some of that stuff is arguably as entertaining as the actual in-game trolling. I remember it as a wonderland of indefensible positions, strawmans, circular logic, and extreme obsession with self-righteousness. It was simultaneously tragic and hilarious.

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

this game sucks.

TheShazbot fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Jul 10, 2014

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

TheShazbot posted:

this game sucks.

Much like your posting, j4g.

lazercunt
Oct 26, 2007

It was a narcotics raid, not a Fritos raid.

JT Jag posted:

I've heard.

Maybe you were bad at leadership jag
We should bring back WUT

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

lazercunt posted:

Maybe you were bad at leadership jag
Probably.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
Well, just registered for this terrible game. Applied to goon alliance, signed up on the forums and filled out a form. What do I do now?

RC Bandit
Sep 7, 2012

Hanson: It's Time

Grimey Drawer
Fill out more forms, sign up for more crap and apply your soldiers to some pubbie nation then you'll be registered as a full member.

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008

Ajaxify posted:

I can always use tech, but don't worry about it too much. Definitely deal with RUKUNU first.

Cheers! I'll send you some through once the 10 days has passed. RUKUNU is really persistent.

DarkPumpkin
Feb 22, 2007
wtf is a Title text
Christ. Still guys? This game is proof Goons hate themselves.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

This game still exists? What a shame.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

hi guys, I signed up...I sent a request in game and I registered on the forums.

Put me in coach, This arabic Jewish Dictatorship is ready to assault the rear

EDIT: sweet I've all ready made enemies

Khris Kruel fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jul 15, 2014

Lori
Oct 6, 2011
Applied to the alliance and posted on the offsite forum. What's next?

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH
RUKUNU is...alive?????

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008

Seamonster posted:

RUKUNU is...alive?????

And he won't bloody leave me alone!

Is there somewhere I can read the full story of Rukunu?

He must have someone supporting him or know how to game the system really well, he gets up remarkably quickly given how many fights he's in.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

He has a few guys giving him secret foreign aid, I believe. And possibly that new-ish wonder.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I was wondering what happened to CN just the other day so I re-joined. The last time I joined was like 7 years ago when you couldn't change resources. I got lovely resources on my first roll and never returned.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

tadashi posted:

I was wondering what happened to CN just the other day so I re-joined. The last time I joined was like 7 years ago when you couldn't change resources. I got lovely resources on my first roll and never returned.

And look at that, now you can change them every month!

lite frisk
Oct 5, 2013

Hajj Podge posted:

Please share any interesting (and by interesting I mean horrible) recruitment messages you get from other alliances so we can laugh at them together.

quote:

To: Litovsk From: Viktor Date: 7/17/2014 4:48:00 PM

Subject: sup

Message: I'm from the New Sith Order and we're looking for new members.

We can offer:

- Fierce Protection
- Invaluable Advice
- Trade Rings
- Money Through Constant Tech Deals
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Strange but Friendly People

What we're looking for in a new member:

- Intelligence
- Passion
- Ambition
- A Strong Sense of Humor
- A Desire to Be Part of our Community
- Free Time
- A Lack of Sensitivity

Okay, so maybe the last one is the only important one, but the other things would be nice too.

Visit us and apply for membership here: http://forums.newsithorder.info

Just register a name, make an application and change your alliance affiliation to NEW SITH ORDER.

Feel free to message me back with any questions you have about the New Sith Order or even just the game in general. Hope to hear from you soon.

I guess I don't qualify :smith:

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

quote:

Subject: Jewish Alliance.

I strongly urge you to join the alliance of Jewish Nations if you wish to be protected by fellow Jews and others who support Jewish culture. We will set you up with tech deals and 1 million cash if you request to join the alliance. Message me back if you are interested. A trade circle will be set up for you for bonuses.

A Guide is also set up to help you start off with your new nation!

Head of Republic,
Quen

I find it amusing that they're trying to recruit a jewish nation called "The Cabal" into their jewish cabal.

Frank Horrigan fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jul 18, 2014

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

I find it more amusing that they're only willing to shell out 1 million dongs to their new recruits, but that's a bit insensitive.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
Who should I talk to about getting foreign aid, or even accepted into the alliance? I applied a week ago, and filled out the form on the off-site.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Frank Horrigan posted:

Who should I talk to about getting foreign aid, or even accepted into the alliance? I applied a week ago, and filled out the form on the off-site.

What's your CN info?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Hajj Podge posted:

Please share any interesting (and by interesting I mean horrible) recruitment messages you get from other alliances so we can laugh at them together.

quote:

To: Pippin der Kleine From: HailToTheKing Date: 7/17/2014 6:38:51 PM

Subject: DOOM SQUAD

Message: : interested in joining an easy going alliance...one that doesn't require you to join a forum or "work" for them recruiting or selling tech???...DOOM SQUAD is for you...DOOM SQUAD offers you the protection of an alliance without all the bs...think were too small??? well we are protected by DOOMBIRD DOOMCAVE, the most feared alliance in the game...if your interested let me know...if not let me know, iv been in this game since 2006, joined all the large alliances and regreted selling my soul to them every time

Hail to the King

Welp. Clearly I'm doing it all wrong already.

• Locked thread