Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe
Elysium

Trent raises an eyebrow at the other Cappadocian, over his shoulder engaged in a separate conversation. "Well, if you wanted to speak with him, you could have done so. I'm hardly his gatekeeper, ha!" He shakes his head. "But, I'll tell you what, if you're being shy, you do what I asked, and I'll set up a meeting between you and him, and put in a good word for you. How does that sound?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Roshan 5/5 Willpower, 8/10 Vitae

"Perhaps. Well, my associates seem ready to leave, so for now, I disappear." Roshan bows to Trent, then backs off, going to meet with Alistair and Loren.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
Benjamin Van Eyck-Hume
6/10 Vitae 5/5 Willpower

Inwardly, Benjamin sighs. Nothing like not knowing the proper social cues to make for an awkward exit. He nods goodbye to Trent, and follows Roshan.

"So, are we beginning the search tonight, or should I give you my number and let you call, or...?" feeling nothing so much like he's trying much too hard to fit in.

Benjamin did take a good look at the Cappadocian Roshan is interested in. Anyone Benjamin has met before or knows of?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

"That depends. If your elder sees fit to send me the information he has on the task, such as where the book was stolen from, then we can begin working on our heist immediately. Otherwise, unless you desire to wander around the city until we blunder into a clue, bonding over our shared miseries as we travel together, arm-in-arm, two lost souls together in the night, we may as well part ways for now." Roshan tilts his head, as if in thought. "Personally, I could go either way; it is rather surprising how often I manage to blunder into exactly what I need. My mind is positively magnetic, some of the time.

"At the least, however, you should meet my comrades. After all, they will likely be involved in our task as well. And it'd simply be rude to snub them." Roshan grins as he makes his way to the others, expecting Ben to follow.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
Benjamin Van Eyck-Hume
6/10 Vitae 5/5 Willpower

"Ah. Yes. Very good, then. If they'll be accompanying us, I ought to know who I'll be working with, yes." A very calm looking bald woman and a skittery looking young man? More Malkavians? Well, that's alright. Some of the nicest people Benjamin's ever met were Malkavians.

He follows, and introduces himself at the appropriate time.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Leading Ben to the others, Roshan bows dramatically. "Greetings, comrades. How was your night? Mine was most productive; I got a job and made a friend." Perhaps not the best introduction, that.

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

Loren - Will: 6/6 Vitae: 11/11 Status: Meditated

Loren places fist to palm before her and bows to Benjamin. "Namaste, Roshan's friend. I've got an errand for us to do, if you folks are done here for the evening." She meets Roshan's eyes and tilts her head slightly in inquiry regarding the new addition.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Alistair 3/6 Willpower 5/10 Vitae

"Charmed I am sure", Alistair says extending a hand towards Benjamin and shaking his hand firmly. "Any friend of Roshan's is a friend of mine. What is the Job Roshan? I have had no progress in our other venture of the evening unfortunately."

Josef bugman fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Aug 6, 2014

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

"The task I have received is to reacquire a book that was stolen from a companion of this one's elder," Roshan states, gesturing to Benjamin as he speaks. "In exchange for this, we will be given information. However, I am presently waiting for some more instructions, so we cannot pursue this presently. What job have you received, meanwhile?" Roshan looks back to Loren.

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

"We're going to give the person I wanted to talk to tonight a hand at the morgue and get our opportunity to present our concerns in exchange."

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

"Ah! Well, we mustn't keep her waiting, then."

Ready to go to the morgue or whatever whenever anyone else is.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
Benjamin Van Eyck-Hume
6/10 Vitae 5/5 Willpower

"Thank you, thank you. It's a pleasure to meet you both." Benjamin takes in the mission with a series of nods. Of course, why wouldn't Malkavians be hanging out at the morgue? Still, best to be polite, and it's not as if he's one to throw stones, gives his research agenda.

"That sounds fun, actually. I haven't been down to the morgue in, gosh, five years now?"

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
The Morgue

The four head down to the address listed, which is a morgue in the inner city. Just outside the door is a figure that Loren recognizes, watching them approach out of the corner of her eye.

Estelle, the Camarilla sheriff, should have been a beautiful woman, and probably was, in her breathing days. Her bone structure is a fair evidence of that. However, having been active for a while, and belonging to the Cappadocian clan did a lot to change that - an obvious reminder that is far from lost on Benjamin. Her eyes have a combination of jaundice and cataracts, her skin seems stretched too taut in some places, and her bones pop audibly as she turns to face the four completely. Likely, her condition was the reason for her wearing the voluminous black trenchcoat and hoodie ensemble she had, though her duties, and necessary tools, of office, may have had something to do with cutting such an imposing silhouette as well.

"I wasn't expecting you to bring friends along, Miss Chancellor." Estelle croaked, her voice sounding as aged as she looked, though her movements broke the illusion of her infirmity with a smooth grace. "Why the whole clown car?"

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just testing something; I hear this'll make the missing post appear.

And there it is. Awesome.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Oh godsohgodsohgods Alistair would have been hyperventilating if he still had any breath to expel. It was bad enough that there were undead sleeper agents operating throughout the Camarilla, and now in the same night he had had to face 3 members of the clan who he feared most. Just fantastic.

"Not quite a clown car we hope Madam" extending a hand and smiling politely at the cadaverous sheriff in front of him, trying to appear both kind and (if necessary) useful to the predatory vampire killer.

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

"My apologies, honored Elder," says Loren, with a fairly deep bow. "Our trail of evidence is thin, and I thought you might like each piece available to talk to. Are we safe to proceed here?" she asks.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Roshan 5/5 Willpower, 7/10 Vitae

"Please, madam. I am the only clown here; the others can barely dream of emulating the japery I get up to," Roshan says as he bows to the Sheriff. Noting Loren's words, he looks back up at Estelle, tilting his head and smiling at her, his mind drawing upon the fragmented, chaotic knowledge of his clan to get some idea of how safe they really are.

Using Mad Insight to see if Estelle is a VII sleeper agent or some other horrible thing in disguise.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Aug 16, 2014

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
Benjamin Van Eyck-Hume
6/10 Vitae 5/5 Willpower

"Well, this is a pleasant surprise. I was formally of the impression that our kind weren't welcome in the Camarilla. Benjamin, nice to meet you. So who are we looking for--" His phone begins to ring.

"My apologies." He futzes with it for a moment as he steps off to the side, tapping the screen, holding it at different angles, finally sliding it in a way that it likes. "Yes? Yes Margaret. Yes. No, not, not that one. Yes, I'm fine. Later, yes. No, with people. It went fine. It's still going fine. I have to go. In the middle of something. The screen's blank, you need to hang up. Yes, I tapped it. Nothing happened. Wait, now it's just showing a blurry picture of you and, look, it's just easier if you hang up first, alright? I'm talking with the sheriff, I don't have time for this. No, the important one, not the human one. We'll talk later. Good night. Did you hang up? Hello? Good." He slides the phone back into his pocket.

"Sorry. Stupid thing. Never can quite get it to work properly. Almost more trouble than it's worth. My assistant and the phone, I mean. So, the morgue. You'll all have to fill me in, I'm not quite up to speed yet. Who are we looking for here?"

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
The Morgue

Roshan stares disconcertingly after he makes his introduction and as the other Kindred do the same to the Sheriff, and to his eyes the years of decay and rot fade away and Estelle is bathed in a warm inner light. She was indeed a beautiful creature, enchanting, even, and though the sword that was somehow in her hand was bloody, it was sterling, an ivory handle and the blade reflected smartly even as it dripped.

Breathtaking, would be the word if the Malkavian ever needed to breathe.

To him, her voice was as beautiful as the rest of her, not the weathered croak everyone else heard as she responded, first to Benjamin, and then the rest of the group.

"All Kindred are members of the Camarilla, neonate, whether or not they have the good sense to avail themselves of the benefits of the organization. Besides, if the Nosferatu can claim membership, why not us?" Glancing towards Loren, she shrugs. "No matter, if you think you need the assistance I won't stop you - but don't think you'll all get boons, if any of you do. It was Chancellor who asked for an audience, and Chancellor who I'm going to assume is in control of your little group. Now, follow me." It's not a suggestion, you all realize as she turns and heads into the morgue. Following, the four of you are lead into an examination room, where a body covered in a sheet is laid out.

"Here's why I called you over, Miss Chancellor. I presume since you've brought the rest of your coterie, between the four of you someone is a good investigator - because you're going to need one." She pulls back the sheet and lets it fall to the ground. On the slab is...well, hopefully a Nosferatu, a corpse covered in lesions - it's mouth twisted into an inhuman maw full of sharp teeth like the interior of a trash compactor, hands shaped like gnarled tree roots, and the back of it's head bashed in.

"This happened on the campus of the University of Rochester, I'd imagine sometime between last night and this morning. Normally, that's Anarch territory, but the custodian of the area didn't see fit to get rid of the mess, and a few students needed to be silenced in order to keep the Masquerade intact. If the Crusade has abandoned the campus, I want to know why - or I want to know what their angle is, anyway. Do you think that's something you can handle?" She asks, staring at Loren with an indeterminable expression on her face.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

"Mother of God". Alistair felt an urgent need to recoil from the truly dead thing on the slab "How on earth did it makes its teeth appear like that? And I must admit I am suprised it is still here, I assumed that our kind turned to dust when we died." Moving towards the body he examines it (him?) closely whilst listening in to the Cappadocians crackle about witnesses. "I trust none of them had to be dealt with too forcefully, it is always best to leave people alive if you can, but then again I am not the sheriff".

"Do you know who the custodian of the place was before this whole thing occurred? We could certainly use any leads on the potential dramitas personae we may end up dealing with. And whose jurisdiction does the area now come under, if none of the Anarchs have claimed it any more?"

Using intelligence+politics+Academics to remember intel on the university.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Roshan 5/5 Willpower, 7/10 Vitae

Well, that is interesting. Roshan is unsure of what to make of that, though it definitely rules out VII, as well as things like Estelle being a diablerist. He's seen the sorts of visions those things induce, they aren't pretty.

Roshan shakes his head to try to clear it out; while that sort of vision is not normal, and in a way somewhat worrisome, he's going to proceed under the assumption that she's trustworthy. While sometimes hard to interpret, the visions generally don't lead him to things that are going to get him killed, so something that... Positive, was probably safe. At least as long as he doesn't piss her off.

Moving closer to the corpse, Roshan looks it over. "It might be young; final death brings the ravages of time our bodies had been avoiding upon our forms, so while the ancients fade to nothing, a more recent convert is markedly less pretty. Even when they're from a fairer clan than our friend here."

He thinks as he examines the corpse. The Anarchs were up to a lot of trouble lately. First that book he's supposed to retrieve, and now this. Perhaps that's what happens when there's no one keeping things in line.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Aug 17, 2014

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
Benjamin Van Eyck-Hume
6/10 Vitae 5/5 Willpower

"Oh, would you look at that? You beautiful thing, what have they done to you?" Benjamin rubs his hands together, helps himself to an apron, rubber gloves, and tools, and then replaces his black framed glasses with a pair of black sun glasses that have the right lens punched out. "Any ID on the body? A name would be especially helpful, then I could get a bead on what killed it."

Using Intelligence(3)+Investigation(3)+Medicine(2) to examine the corpse for oddities under the surface, determine the true cause of death, determine if it's actually a vampire, etc. I can toss in a little Occult(2 + Necromancy) if need be, too. Benjamin also has the Trained Observer merit, if that will help at all.

If a name can be provided, and the corpse is a vampire's, Benjamin will use the Death's Echo ritual to relive the vampire's final moments and gain a better insight into the creature's state of mind, and perhaps the identity of it's killer.

Benjamin continues to make small talk as he works: "University of Rochester, huh? I went there as a undergrad. Pretty good school. Never got to go to graduation because, well, the whole necromancy thing got in the way. Funny how they never consult you beforehand, eh? How'd it fall into the hands of the Anarchs? But it has a custodian on our payroll? Ooh, come on now, don't stick on me here, there we go, nice and smooth, that's better. Soupy little guy, aren't you? Where did all these little lesions come from? What did they do to you? Or what did you do to yourself?"

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

Loren walks slowly around the corpse, careful to avoid touching it or interfering with Benjamin's work. She stares at the corpse for a time after completing her circuit.

"A Monster," she whispers. "Descended from the Mother of Monsters," she continues slowly and unhappily, voice rising to normal volume.

She turns to face the Sheriff. Roshan had seen something, she would wager, but he had given no warning. Sometimes it was best to rip the bandage off in one quick motion. "We have reason to believe, Honored Elder, that the seven, the Vee-Eye-Eye, are active in Rochester or soon will be."

Int/Wits 2, Investigation 2, Medicine 4 (Emergency Medicine), Occult 2 (Vampires), some of which may be relevant.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
The Morgue

Estelle shakes her head. "He would have been young. And either a Nosferatu or a Tzimisce experiment gone awry. But from what I could tell, he was Kindred, so not a Szlachta or anything like that." She sighs, letting Loren and Benjamin pry at the corpse.

Benjamin can verify what Estelle said, and the term "Szlachta" was familiar to him - war ghouls used by the Tzimisce - in a lot of cases, even worse than a neonate Cainite - probably a good thing that this wasn't one. But besides verifying that it was indeed a vampire, Benjamin can't tell anything else.

Loren, however, can verify a few more things - this was indeed a Haunt, and while it was a good deal more twisted than the sort one would find in most Camarilla Elysiums, the level of deformity here wasn't unheard of. Generally, this wouldn't fall on family lines - something so severe might be unviable in the sense of propogating along a bloodline. But Nosferatu Embrace was something of a roll of the dice - even if one's sire could stack the deck, not every Haunt broke the same way. Some of their deformities were a good deal more subtle. And then there was cases like this.

The head bashing in though, that was new - clearly the cause of the poor creature's Final Death. And Loren had seen injuries like that before - it would have to have been something strong, another Kindred, likely, and to have done such a thing, and so sloppily - a Kindred under the thrall of the Beast. Hopefully temporarily, she mused.

"When you two are finished peering," Estelle says, and Benjamin and Loren look up to see that the Sheriff has already beckoned Alistair and Roshan over to her side, where she handed the Mekhet a rolled up newspaper. "Page four." Then another for Roshan. "Page two." She lets them open the papers but not long enough to read. "This fellow here, we think, is responsible for a number of deaths on the University campus. So, someone might have been trying to put a stop to him. Or maybe he was trying to stop the murders himself. Unfortunately, we can't ask him - but it should give you some place to start."

"Be careful though, I hear the Giovanni Family's been sniffing around the campus themselves recently, though why they didn't take care of the corpse I couldn't say."

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

"They probably haven't realised yet, as omnipresent as they like to pretend to be I think more stuff goes without their notice than they let on. And if it is the Giovanni that have a stake here" Alistair's seemingly premanent grin grows another inch "Then perhaps we should have a stake for them".

"But if the university is not currently claimed by any kindred interest group, perhaps it behoves us to step in and take over here, to prevent creatures like that" he gestures and the corpse thing on the table "from getting any sort of traction in the city. We can ill afford to lose ground, and the enemies that Loren mentioned are a true threat to us, we require your help to make the case to the Prince and the Primogen."

Using Composure+Expression to try and make the Sheriff listen to us about VII.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
The Morgue

Estelle pauses, having ignored the comment about VII the first time as a neonate's ramblings. She quirks up her eyebrows at Alistair's mention though, and shakes her head.

"The VII are a fairy tale, nothing further. I swear, neonates these days. If it isn't Gehenna it's The Seven, or the Inconnu, or some other bogeyman. Aren't vampires enough? Or do you need your own superstitions?" She shrugs. "I could bring it up to the Prince and the Primogen, but I have no interest in being a laughingstock." She shoots Lauren a withering glance, all the more effective given the Sheriff's putrid state. "Is this the information you wanted to bring up to me? This is what you had to say?"

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

"I believe you fail to understand the gravity of the situation. A poor choice for one in a position of defence of our cities interests." Alistair's charm has gone, instead replaced by a gaze like sunlight. "The VII are real, we have research and evidence, we have received help in this regards from one of the primogen themselves about this, and we are more than willing to put forward any proof you require to make you see that we have a full blown occupation occurring within our city."

"Make no mistake, we are warning you about this now to save you being surprised later. My colleague Loren had believed you to be an intelligent woman, and I see nothing here to disabuse us of this notion, but you have been warned about the threat that exists beneath certain peoples in our midst. At the very least listen to our concerns about some members of the community, if we pass on details will you at least be able to watch them, assuming it does not interfere with your duties."

You are going to listen drat it!

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
Benjamin Van Eyck-Hume
6/10 Vitae 5/5 Willpower

"The... Giovanni... you say? That's interesting." Benjamin bristles a bit, then strips off his gloves and apron, and goes to wash his hands. He seems to take a bit longer than would be necessary, considering there isn't a fleck of blood on him.

He seems a bit more composed when he returns, settling his sport coat, buttoning the cuffs of his shirt, and replacing his regular glasses. "Well. I think a resource as large and useful as the University shouldn't be left lying there for things like our friend here to wander about on. If the current caretakers can't handle it themselves, perhaps it's time for some new management? Who knows who sent this poor fellow? He's got all the markings of a failed shovelhead, driven insane after a few decades underground. How could it feed itself with a mouth like that? But perfect for clearing a place out: fire and forget. Perhaps our brothers and sisters in the Sabbat have decided they want the place? Lots of easy prey, lots of empty crawlspaces and disused classrooms... Taking out one of these fallen things can pretty heavy work. I don't like the Anarchs chances if they decided for a full on assault, let alone the trouble we'd have covering it up."

"Though, on the other hand, if one of them did bash this poor fellow's head in," He pauses for a moment, cocking his head to the side with an audible snap. "It might be because there can't be two savage and mindless apex predators in the same territory."

The VII huh? What does Benjamin know about the VII?

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

Loren - Will: 5/6 Vitae: 11/11 Status: Meditated

"He was definitely a Nosferatu," says Loren of the corpse before returning to her primary topic of interest.

"I'm not asking for you to go the Prince and Primogen, actually. I think they'd react with amused dismissal, just as you are. What I want is for you to be forewarned, to hear Roshan's descriptions of his visions and the kindred he saw them for. I want you to be wary if you see them all together some night. I want your escape plans and backup plans and countercoup plans to include the insane possibility that the myths have some measure of truth. Most of all, I want you to have some people you can call to guard your back if the unthinkable does occur and it's no longer possible to know who to trust."

Spending a Willpower to add 3 dice. Hoping Presence+Expression works because I've got a 5 in that. Presence+Persuasion is only 3.

Bouquet fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Aug 28, 2014

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
City Morgue

The elder Cappadocian shakes her head, but after a moment she shrugs, her shoulderblades popping audibly. "Fine." She croaks. "I'll listen to what your madman has to say...what he knows, on this subject. But I make no promises on what - or if - I'll take action on. So leave me your research and I'll take a look." She pauses a beat. "I am assuming you have research, and not simply a Malkavian's visions, yes?"

She sighs, clearing her throat in response to that action as it had apparently irritated something. "And after you do that, I expect you to hold up your end of the bargain, Chancellor, and take your merry band to investigate this most definite and present occurrence. I trust you're familiar with the concept that Kindred work on different timetables and that now for us could be a very long time indeed, but I want this taken care of as quickly as possible, am I understood?"

Benjamin thinks, but really, he's only heard fairy tales and legends. The Black Hand dismisses such nonsense as a matter of policy - those who claimed to be VII were generally just thought to be malcontents - there was no Kindred bogeyman - besides the Hand themselves, of course. But those not belonging to the Manus Negrum often clung to such elaborate fantasies - take Gehenna, for instance - that sometimes it was best to indulge. Maybe that's what the sheriff was doing here.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
Benjamin Van Eyck-Hume
6/10 Vitae 5/5 Willpower

"I'm sure we can get the job done," Benjamin says with a smile.

"By the by, is there any chance I could... have... this? For research, I mean. It's rare one encounters a corpse like this, and I'd like to see what makes it tick a little more in depth. As would some of my aunts and uncles. We could get you more information than a cursory once over like this can grant. I could arrange my own transport, don't worry."

Manipulation 3 + Persuasion 2, with a willpower point tossed in if you want a roll here.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

"We understand, Elder, rest assured our team will probably be able to navigate the no doubt heinously difficult security of a local university. I will go and gather the research from my home and bring it to you either tonight or" He checks his watch and grimaces "Probably tomorrow evening."

Whilst turning to leave he nods quickly to Loren and Roshan and gives a friendly smile to Benjamin, before heading out into the night.

Assuming I do not have it pass over the collated data this evening. Then starting to make my way home if no-one has any objections. Going to stop by a gas station and leave some flowers for the lady who got killed by a group of thugs in my backstory.

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

"I could do an initial trip around campus tonight just to get a feel for it, if anyone else is able to come along after Roshan talks to the Sheriff."

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
City Morgue

Estelle nods. "Well good then. Leave Roshan here and we'll go over your research. The rest of you get moving."

The sheriff pauses, and sighs - a phlegmy sound, but not a displeased one, and glances at the younger Cappadocian in the room. "If you want the corpse, you're welcome to it. I'm fairly certain it's just a Nosferatu, but who am I to deprive another 'digger his research? Consider it an additional minor boon, and you can take it at your leisure...provided you get me something substantial on the situation at the University, that is, cousin."

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

Loren bows politely and makes her way outside. When Benjamin has joined her, she asks, "Ready to defend yourselves if we run into trouble during our reconnaissance on campus?"

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
Benjamin Van Eyck-Hume
6/10 Vitae 4/5 Willpower

Benjamin thanks the sheriff, and will arrange things when the UofR things are complete.

"Of course. I may not be as skilled as yourself, but I am able," he replies. "Where on campus do we wish to start?"

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

"I was just going to walk there from here and see what we see. It's a nice walk along the canal."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Alistair takes off into the night. He'd made a promise to himself and to the lady that he'd be at her grave at least once a week and he was double damned if he'd miss it. Skirting through back alleys he approaches a truck stop open late and walks in, quickly buying some cheap flowers and looking sheepish at the bored young woman behind the counter.

He carries on down dead end streets and tries to put his thoughts in order "We have VII, we have us and we have the Anarchs, at least with us we are the devil you know, I know that I can trust Roshan and Loren, but Benjamin? We just met the guy. And perhaps it would be a good idea to get to know more about the College, never hurts to know more about a place that we could use as a base and influence mine".

He finds himself at the carpark. There is no blood spatter, not after all this time. It has only been a few months, but it was long enough. Alistair leaves the bunch of flowers and crudely ties them to an iron railing nearby. He never knows what to say at this point. Its always the same feeling of disconnect. The undead talking to the actually dead about life it'd be hilarious if it wasn't true.

"Hey Carol. I know you don't know me but I tried to help you the night you died. I am kind of in a fix at the moment. Getting things sorted at work, meeting new people all that sort of thing. I know we never met but I want you to know I am thinking about you, and that the rat bastards who did it to you are going to be in prison for a very long time. It was nice seeing you again". Alistair turns and sits down, trying to compose himself before heading home.

Interluuuuude! I am just speaking to someone who died, if they are still around it'd be a great idea to come back now, otherwise will go home and start to do some more research.

• Locked thread