Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Roshan

Behind the cheap sunglasses, Roshan's mind is racing. This wasn't a counter he was expecting, or at least not one he knew he was expecting (Malkavian prescience is odd; for all he knew he and Cyril both were subconsciously drawn here). Not exactly one he was happy about, either; he'd prefer to avoid too much attention from elders and higher-ups, and Cyril was a Giovanni as well. The Necromancers were not something he wanted anything to do with.

Perhaps, however, he could turn the situation to his advantage; besides the likely importance of the seemingly mad ramblings, ingratiating himself to his Primogen could be a good move in the long run. And besides, letting the poor man wander around alone was not only cruel, but it risked the Primogen stumbling into danger, be it in the form of another power in the city gaining information or leverage over him, or him finding Final Death in an alleyway.

"Yes, of course, brother. I endeavor to keep my sight as clear as possible. Perhaps you can assist me, though, tell me their plans," he says, reaching for his fellow Lunatic and attempting to begin leading him to a safer, less visible place. It might make him late to Alistair's, but he'd rather not take Cyril there; leaving the Malkavian Primogen alone in a bar would be, well, insane.

Rolled starting Vitae, got an 8. Other rolls, hm. Roshan's Madness and things like opponent Defense modifying my rolls based on unknown (to me) numbers definitely makes it so I can't handle every roll on my own, at the least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Roshan

Recovering from his vision (and from nearly being hit by a truck; while most likely not fatal, it would have been extraordinarily inconvenient), Roshan shakes his head, then takes a look around. At least he didn't walk somewhere he didn't want to be this time. He was just in time, too. How convenient. He would need to be on guard tonight.

Pushing his shades back over his eyes, he gives a short wave to Loren, then begins walking after Bob to the bar. Hopefully they weren't watching long enough to notice his close encounter with the speeding automobile.

Thinking over his experience, Roshan has one question in particular. While such visions and hallucinations were not exactly uncommon, something about this one had him wondering. Was it just a "normal" vision, or was it a message from Cyril himself? Skilled Lunatics could send messages over the Cobweb, after all, and for a Malkavian, the insanity the Primogen displays is not necessarily a sign of weakness or incompetence. This possibility is perhaps more worrisome than the message itself, both in the form the message took compared to the usual whispers and feelings, and in the idea that he has an elder's attention, for whatever reason.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Roshan

Roshan gives Loren a small smile, then whispers back, "Of course. My unlife is a perpetually sunny experience." He then enters after Bob before he can be pressed for an explanation, nodding to Alistair as he enters.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Roshan

Rather than asking about the plan, Roshan glances around at their surroundings, thinking about Alistair's offer. A new haven... On the one hand, his apartment was rather lacking in terms of, well, most everything. It could be worse, but it was far from ideal.

On the other hand, Nadia. While she would benefit from a better place to live as well, he had kept her out of the Danse Macabre so far. No vampires knew about her and her connection to him, but that would change if he brought her to a place frequented by vampires. He had done a good job of staying beneath the notice of much of the Camarilla and avoiding being anything but another weird Malkavian to them, but even so he doesn't need to risk her life or give anyone potential leverage over him.

Eventually, instead of commenting on the plan itself, he just asks, "Where is the book?"

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Roshan

As Alistair attempts to sweet-talk the bouncer, Roshan sort of mills around behind the other coterie members. Until they get inside, he can't really do much, so he'll let Alistair do his thing now, so he can do his own later.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Roshan

As Bob looks around the club, Roshan too casts his sight upon those in attendance tonight. Rather than his ability to read people, though, Roshan draws on deeper, stranger insight. His head tilts slightly and, behind the black lenses, his eyes stare wide open as he slowly pans his gaze across the room, Lunatic insight granting him perception a different (sane) person would lack.

Spending a point of Vitae to use Mad Insight; roll (Why is this a roll? Rolling to get a bonus on a roll is silly.) is Wits (3) + Occult (1) + Dementation (5). Assuming that doesn't somehow fail, perception roll to pick out vampires in the club is Wits (3) + Investigation (2) + Mad Insight bonus (2).

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Roshan

Well. That certainly made things interesting. On the one hand, approaching the Sabbat here would be a bit more difficult than anticipated, and the vision suggested a potential unwillingness to play nice. On the other hand, it made something else a lot easier.

Not even looking at the Daeva, Roshan holds his hand out to Bob, palm up. "Book," he states, or rather demands, not caring to elaborate.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Roshan

Roshan nods as he takes the book and pen. "Prepare for the interview; I feel we have quite the story on our hands." He begins to move now, thinking. When the band finishes playing, they need to be able to talk to them alone. While he could act as soon as they finished their act, questioning them in public was a bad idea, assuming they'd even answer.

Alright, until the show's over Roshan can't make his move. In the meantime, we need to figure out a way to get the band alone and question them, whether that's by setting up something with them or just barging into their dressing room. Roshan himself will take a look around the club while he waits, though I don't know if that'll require a roll or if there's something obvious around.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Roshan

Roshan looks at "Stone", then smiles back. "Oh yes, I would love an autograph. I am such a fan." His voice, rather than sarcastic, sounds almost overly sincere. At Alistair's advice, though, he glances sideways at him, then nods slightly. His vision was still in his mind; these guys were dangerous. If only "I had a vision" were evidence enough for the Prince. Instead, though, the "interview" is still on, so they needed to talk.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Roshan

Roshan lets his allies do the talking for the moment, keeping an eye on Stone and his cronies.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Roshan

Roshan smiles back at Stone as he passes; it's hard to tell if the Malkavian has a really good poker face, or is actually oblivious to the potential danger.

As Alistair and Loren talk, he speaks. "Why would we fight? We're just going to have a nice, friendly conversation with these gentlemen, after all."

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Roshan

Roshan speaks up again, but this time he's speaking differently. His words are slow, but steady, and there's a subtle weight behind them. "The Sword of Caine is rusted and dull. It is hardly fit to be used as scrap metal, let alone raised against its enemies. Were it to face the grandchildren of Caine, it would shatter, and those remaining under its banner would not live to realize their folly, should they be fortunate."

He looks up at To Serve Man, no trace of that seriousness left on his face or voice, and grins. "Don't worry, friends. Malkav and his brethren are still dead. We would know if it were otherwise." He taps the side of his head, tilting it slightly as his grin widens. "Now, about those autographs..."

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Roshan

The whole way out of the club, Roshan is chuckling to himself. Amazing, he thinks, that the Sabbat would tip their hand so easily here. For all their bravado, one would expect them to put at least some effort into hiding how scared they are and how badly the Camarilla offensive is getting to them.

After Alistair finishes speaking, he pipes up. "One or two of us should stay with our friend here; if one of our mutual acquaintances followed him here, he could be in trouble. Besides, you could ask him a few more questions, maybe schedule a future interview."

He lowers his voice, trying to keep the guitarist from hearing this next part. "I can handle the little situation inside on my own. If they see us, they'll attack us instead of the crowd. Meanwhile, only two of us can Obfuscate ourselves, which is useless for leading away the mortals anyway. However, I can end this conflict a bit more... Subtly, and no one will see me while I do it."

Internet connection where I live is acting up, hopefully it will be fixed soon. Should at least be able to post, but I won't be on IRC until it's sorted out.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Roshan

After a few seconds' pause, Roshan shrugs, then waits for the Lasombra to finish up with Alistair's request.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Roshan

"We part ways now, then; my destination is within walking distance, so I shall make my way to my abode alone. Until tomorrow, farewell." He gives a wave over his shoulder, leaving the group to their own business for the rest of the night as he walks away from them.

And after Vince. Fading into the city's background as he walks, Roshan mulls over the conundrum presently occupying his mind. The Tremere had stated that the spell would guarantee that they would "only hear the truth from their lips". However, she had also stated that the spell was simple, and her other language was ambiguous; what if, rather than forcing the target to tell the truth to the people who gave them the book, it simply compelled them to not lie at all? If that is how it works, then the moment the guitarist returned to his bandmates the truth of where he was would come spilling out.

Even if the spell were more specific than that, there was the possibility that Vince would simply be unable to lie to the others. Besides his obvious lack of guile, Sabbat packs were bound by Vaulderie; Roshan knows only a little more about blood bonds than he does about magic (unlike some of his fellow Dragons the power of the bond holds no interest to him, but if situations like this are likely in the future it would behoove him to at least know the basics), but it would not surprise him if it were difficult for one to lie to those they were bonded to. Even when the spell faded, there was the ever-present danger that Vince would reveal what had happened tonight. Admittedly most of the danger was on Vince, but it would still be rather unfortunate and impair their attempts to draw more defectors from the Sabbat.

Roshan can't do anything about the long-term, but he might be able to prevent the truth from coming out for the night at least. And if not, at least he'd be aware that the band knew the truth and that Vince was probably going to be killed. It'd save his coterie the hassle of waiting for a dead man to meet with them again.

Using Face in the Crowd to hide myself as I try to catch up with Vince. No roll required, at least for the Obfuscate. Dunno if he's far away enough to require a roll to track, but since he should just be heading to the club that's where Roshan's going if he doesn't find him before they both get there. (Not engaging him if/when I find him, just locating him for the moment.)

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jul 7, 2014

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Roshan

As he looks over the scene, Roshan thinks to himself. Well, looks line Vince made it back in time after all. That makes things easier, at least in theory; there was a chance that the Sabbat had noticed the guitarist's absence but kept fighting anyway, but it would be hard to confirm that. At the moment, he should probably assume that he was safe.

Which meant that the most pressing issue was the blatant Masquerade breach occurring in front of him. That idiot Stone was drinking in the middle of a crowd, and not even bothering to hide it. loving Sabbat.

Well, besides stopping a potential breach, Roshan could do what Alistair had been planning and break up this fight, before anyone ends up in the hospital. How to do that was the question; sending them into a Frenzy or trying to trick them into fighting each other would likely only magnify the damage, both to the Masquerade and to the onlookers, so as much as he wanted Locke to pay for what happened earlier, trying to get the Assamite hurt or killed was not the way to go.

However... Locke and Stone seemed to be the leaders of this little group. If one of them were to flee the scene, the others might follow them instead of continuing the fight. He just had to make it happen.

He smiles to himself as he reaches out mentally for the Assamite. Poor Locke had been mistaken earlier. Blood isn't necessary to facilitate the spread of madness; neither is his ability to speak. All that is needed to share Malkav's truth is a thought.

Spending a point of Willpower to hit Locke with Dementia Praecox. 12 dice (Presence + Empathy + Dementation for 10, limiting the effects to one night for a +2 bonus), my target successes being his Willpower. His roll is his Resolve + Presence, target successes are 8 (my Composure + Dementation). If I win, the hallucination being imposed upon him is that the sun is going to rise in the next few minutes.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Jul 10, 2014

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Roshan

As Roshan watches the Sabbat leave, he feels a rush of relief. While he was rather certain that was going to work, images of everything going wrong still flitted through his head. Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between madness and the gibbering of his kin over the Network, the true visions and useful gibbering of his kin, and his own paranoia.

Anyway, unless he wanted to follow a car on foot, he was done pestering the Sabbat for the night. Now to find another way to occupy his time until morning.

First, though, something to eat. Conspiring against evil sects, being threatened with violence, and spreading the good word of Malkav left one rather famished.

Roshan's going to go prowl some alleyways and catch rats or something until he fills up (or he's at risk of being discovered; since he's not super-low on blood he can afford prudence). I'll figure out what he's going to do next, assuming we aren't wrapping up the night soon, after that.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Jul 11, 2014

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Roshan

Roshan, crouching in a dark alleyway, lowered the now-still rat from his mouth. It disgusted him, really. It was dirty and degrading. Sometimes he wondered if it was even worth it, forcing himself to not feed on other people. Arguably, killing roughly two or three rats (or other small animals, lime pigeons) for every day of the rest of his life wasn't much better than taking minor amounts of blood from people who ideally wouldn't even remember the incident. On the other hand, the average non-vegetarian human consumed the same if not more's worth of animal per day, so in a way this was more human than most vampiric antics.

It still didn't make the rats taste better.

Still, there was a reason to not feed on humans (or dogs or cats, things that might be someone's pet) beyond guilt and clinging to humanity. The Mysteries of the Ordo Dracul changed the nature of a vampire, as one mastered their Coils. But as much as the Coils were occultist art, they were also sheer, bloody-minded forcing oneself to change. Drawing out one's Beast, then wrestling with it until it is forced to heel. Touching the fire until it not only doesn't scare you, but doesn't even burn. Staring into the sun and spitting in the eye of God.

While his goals were not exactly in line with those of the Ordo's at large, he didn't believe they were impossible. Developing new Coils was not only possible, it was encouraged, albeit uncommon. And there were rumors, scraps of information in books and whispers in the night and in his head. Perhaps it would all be worth it, sooner or later.

He stood up, dropping the rat carcass into the dumpster as he passed, and walked back out into the night.

-----

The next night, Roshan wakes up and readies himself for the meeting with the Prince. Put on the least-awful clothes he has. Brush his hair enough to make it look like he may have possibly tried to make it look nice. Not wrap his head up in scarves and bandannas like he took fashion tips from the Invisible Man. Make himself presentable, for a certain definition of the word. Definitely not respectable. But being underestimated was a blessing and an advantage in the society he now "lives" in.

(The Invisible Man look is in fact one of his favorite ways of going out some nights. Ridiculous enough to misdirect people, while still disconcerting and somewhat menacing. And it does a very good job of hiding his face.)

After preparing for Elysium and taking care of a few other things, Roshan leaves his apartment under the guise of Obfuscate, making his way to the Glitnir to meet with the others.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Roshan

Roshan also bows, and smiles. "I'm not worried; as I understand it threatening to kill you is how the Sabbat says hello. I'm sure we're going to be great friends."

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Roshan

"Of course. Here it is." Roshan bows again, then presents the book to Gustavus.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Roshan 5/5 Willpower, 9/10 Vitae

Roshan smiles again. "Of course, your majesty. You have my sincerest gratitude."

He looks at Alistair as they walk away. "The Warlocks wouldn't have put him in place if he were capable of leading on his own. That would defeat the purpose."

He pauses, thinking. "My next few nights are presently empty; should either of you require assistance, I am more than happy to lend my own touch to the problems you face." While he does have a few things that he is pursuing himself, the timetables on his plans are fluid, and assisting the coterie is a goal of his, since it indirectly helps him anyway.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Roshan 5/5 Willpower, 8/10 Vitae

"Ooh, a mystery. I love mysteries." Roshan grins as he follows along. He casts his gaze over the vampires Alistair pointed out, his mind reaching out into the communal knowledge of his clan and drawing upon the "wisdom" of Malkav's blessing to gain knowledge of these Kindred that would be less apparent to his shadowy friend beside him.

Using Mad Insight to gain, well, insight into the suspicious vampires. Roll is 9 dice (Wits + Occult + Dementation). No particular effect in mind, beyond something that will get some information on them, so go with whatever you feel like/think would be the most interesting. Also wondering if any of these vampires would have any other traits Roshan would instinctively recognize (possession of Malkavian Time or being under the effects of Dementia Praecox, for example).

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Jul 12, 2014

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

As the apparitions form before him, Roshan's grin freezes and he almost recoils a bit. That... Those were probably not good. How, exactly, he wasn't sure, though. The visions always meant something, even if it was hard to figure out.

This, though... Possession? Diablerie? It was hard to say; all the afterimages resembled those they followed, rather than another individual. And seven different possessions in one area would require a Ventrue elder conspiracy or something. Which is admittedly possible, but seemed too unlikely, at least for a first option. As for diablerie, again, it feels like that would be visualized as ghosts of the victims rather than a copy of the individual. And then there was the resemblance to his earlier vision. Could Cyril, or perhaps another Malkavian, be involved in this?

Not being able to narrow down what was wrong here, even with the possible exclusion of the above, was worrisome. Alistair seemed to notice that something was wrong too; given the possibilities Roshan would prefer to get out of here before the two of them are noticed and share what they saw. Maybe the shared information would let them realize something that they can't realize with the scraps they've seen. He glances at the Mekhet, trying to gauge his reaction to this.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Roshan doesn't say anything, merely nodding as he glances around the place and keeping an eye on the strange vampires (while not facing in that direction; this is exactly the situation he always wears those sunglasses for), already beginning to head for the exit as Alistair joins him.

Roshan's trying to get one last look at the weird vampires on his way out. Wits 3 + Investigation 2 if a roll is necessary I suppose. Other than that, unless something happens on the way back to the bar I don't have anything to do in the immediate sense.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Roshan listens in on the research now and then, though he isn't exactly able to help much with it. Most of his time waiting, though, he spends examining the bar itself, both the layout and how easily defensible it would be. Potential weak points as well. He remembers Alistair's offer before they went to meet the Sabbat, and with the apparent danger looming he's considering taking him up on it. While he's kept his lair a secret thus far, depending on how things go it was likely that he'd be discovered sooner or later, and if he is then at least he (and, more importantly, Nadia) was in a place that could actually keep someone out. Still, he didn't like the idea of dragging Nadia into the Danse Macabre, so before he does anything like that he needs to verify that it would be worth it. At least the customers being cleared out would make it easier to look around.

When Alistair comes to him to report his findings, he listens silently, thinking. He's increasingly certain that these things are what Cyril's message was about, so the Primogen is both aware of them and is hoping he'll do something about it. (On some level, at least; it's hard to tell exactly what any individual Malkavian is aware of, especially in visions like that.) So, running, at least in the long term, probably wasn't an option. Tempting as it was; Cyril was also clearly terrified of these things, so combined with what Alistair was saying, there was definitely something horrible looming on the horizon.

"Very well. Tell me what you've learned, and then we can begin to plan."

Roshan's checking out Alistair's place (which is also one of his Aspirations, conveniently), dunno if that needs a roll or not. Also, Josef, if we can both be online at the same time we can have an IRC/GDoc conversation between Alistair and Roshan.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Contemplating what they had learned, Roshan stands up and begins to move for the door. "Well, perhaps we could find more information elsewhere, if our well has run dry. In the meantime, there are a few things I need to take care of. I will be back shortly, hopefully." He was concerned; they had seen VII in Elysium, and they did not seem like a group that would frivolously attend social functions. It was quite possible that they had acted while the coterie was busy researching. If so, then, assuming they weren't done here already, then perhaps that would offer some insight into their motives.

Roshan's going out to see if anything important happened in Kindred circles while they group was busy. Paying special attention to killings and such, but anything interesting that happened over the past few days is good.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Roshan pauses for a few moments, then shrugs. "Very well. I don't have anything I need to do alone; I merely figured that we would all look into different areas at once."

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Roshan nods to Alistair, then starts wandering around the room. He keeps his eyes on the Cappadocian, relying on his sunglasses and not facing his head towards his target to hide that he's watching him. Un(?)fortunately, though, he ends up unintentionally "staring" at someone else and attracting their attention instead.

"I find the opposite. Continued study frequently unearths new meanings and discoveries in a work or subject. Or are you expressing fear that my gaze will erase you?" He shakes Benjamin's hand, returning the smile. "I am Roshan. Who is it I have the pleasure of meeting this night?"

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

"My self-consciousness died with my body, I'm afraid. These are but one of the many questionable decisions I have made in my Reqiuem," Roshan says, tapping his sunglasses with one hand as he shakes Trent's with the other.

Sorry about the slow posting, haven't been feeling well lately. Will try to pick up the pace.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ignoring Alistair's glances, Roshan realizes that this might actually be to his benefit. After all, the person he's watching is, at least presumably, a Cappadocian, and who chose to approach him but two more Gravediggers. How fortuitous.

Still, he has to act on this for it to actually be of any help. "We believe him to be a scholar, rather than a politician. The spotlight generally does not suit one of his lineage. Perhaps he's developed a taste for danger." Really, Alistair looked that worried about him, and then pulled this?

Roshan turns to Trent, responding to his offer of assistance. "Well, you might be surprised by this, but I, we, are not exactly adept at social situations, nor do we have Mnemosyne's blessing. A veritable sieve, this is," he says, tapping his head. "If you could perhaps guide us as to the important figures here, we would be ever so grateful." He casts a not-so-subtle glance at the beshadowed Cappadocian's group before pretending to realize that he's staring, then looks back to Trent and smiles.

Fishing for information on the weird maybe-VII dude. Roshan has 3 in all Social attributes, and 1-2 in the potentially relevant skills (or another 3 if this counts for Subterfuge), and Jargon lets me apply Academics (Mythology) to this for a total of 5 or 6 dice. 7 if it qualifies as Subterfuge.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Roshan tilts his head as Trent does, mirroring him. "Madness gives birth to insight. I do not pretend to lack savvy, I simply do not pretend that I am not mad either." He tilts his head the other way now. "Fair trade is only fair. What can this fool do for you?"

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

As the Cappadocian talks, Roshan thinks. The Gravedigger was at least somewhat sharp, though admittedly Roshan laid it on a little thick. He was out of it after the nights of study, and the threat of VII loomed in his mind. Still, getting directly to the matter could make this easier; at the least, it'd save time. "Information for information, about as fair as it gets." He takes his phone out of his pocket, looking down at it. "And we begin our deal with an exchange of other information. How appropriate." He glances at Loren over Trent's shoulder, but waits for her to arrive before he says anything to or about her.

Dunno if you want to do this in IRC or a GDoc as well or not. If we can get the four of us online at the same time, I'd definitely be up for it, but otherwise I'm fine with us doing this in the thread.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Jul 29, 2014

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ah. Roshan was being played, then; the task was more complicated than it was first implied to be, and since he had agreed to it already backing out now would result in a loss of face. Additionally, there was the other Cappadocian joining him, likely to watch him and keep him from doing anything undesirable or trying to get out of it. While his receiving orders and the comment about other clans implied that he was young or at least inexperienced, that he would assign him to this suggested that Trent thought Benjamin capable of keeping him in line. And all for information that, unless Trent happened to know some secrets and was willing to share them, probably wasn't too hard to come by. Roshan had walked into quite a mess.

In theory, at least. However, Roshan thinks that he could get quite a bit out of this; besides the information, this codex was apparently important, and while Ben would no doubt want it returned soon after they recovered it, it would spend at least some time in his hands. He could probably extract some information from it, Alistair would at least find it interesting, and scans or pictures of the contents of the book could likely be given to the Ordo in exchange for favors or status; anything that would be called a "codex" likely contained the sort of thing they are interested in.

And, he was getting the information up front, so if it wasn't worth the effort he could try to figure out a way out of this sooner or later, preferably in a way that makes it seem like he at least attempted to recover the book.

"Perhaps it details a way to make better bombs," Roshan replies to Ben's comment, then notices Alistair approaching as well as Loren's nod before looking back to Trent. "Well, this arrangement seems agreeable. I shall endeavor to have it done as soon as possible." He gives Trent his phone number, and email address for good measure, then glances back at the shadowed Cappadocian and the others he is speaking to. "Now, for your side of this exchange. While all information is appreciated, I have a particular interest in your kinsman over there; he has been showing up in many visions as of late, my own included. It's quite peculiar, seeing as I have no idea who he is."

Sorry for the delay. This conversation with Trent should be done soon, or he could just send me the information in addition to details on the job like where this mysterious codex was stolen from.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

"Perhaps. Well, my associates seem ready to leave, so for now, I disappear." Roshan bows to Trent, then backs off, going to meet with Alistair and Loren.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

"That depends. If your elder sees fit to send me the information he has on the task, such as where the book was stolen from, then we can begin working on our heist immediately. Otherwise, unless you desire to wander around the city until we blunder into a clue, bonding over our shared miseries as we travel together, arm-in-arm, two lost souls together in the night, we may as well part ways for now." Roshan tilts his head, as if in thought. "Personally, I could go either way; it is rather surprising how often I manage to blunder into exactly what I need. My mind is positively magnetic, some of the time.

"At the least, however, you should meet my comrades. After all, they will likely be involved in our task as well. And it'd simply be rude to snub them." Roshan grins as he makes his way to the others, expecting Ben to follow.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Leading Ben to the others, Roshan bows dramatically. "Greetings, comrades. How was your night? Mine was most productive; I got a job and made a friend." Perhaps not the best introduction, that.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

"The task I have received is to reacquire a book that was stolen from a companion of this one's elder," Roshan states, gesturing to Benjamin as he speaks. "In exchange for this, we will be given information. However, I am presently waiting for some more instructions, so we cannot pursue this presently. What job have you received, meanwhile?" Roshan looks back to Loren.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

"Ah! Well, we mustn't keep her waiting, then."

Ready to go to the morgue or whatever whenever anyone else is.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just testing something; I hear this'll make the missing post appear.

And there it is. Awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Roshan 5/5 Willpower, 7/10 Vitae

"Please, madam. I am the only clown here; the others can barely dream of emulating the japery I get up to," Roshan says as he bows to the Sheriff. Noting Loren's words, he looks back up at Estelle, tilting his head and smiling at her, his mind drawing upon the fragmented, chaotic knowledge of his clan to get some idea of how safe they really are.

Using Mad Insight to see if Estelle is a VII sleeper agent or some other horrible thing in disguise.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Aug 16, 2014

• Locked thread