Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Alistair Erikson

"loving hell, just once I'd like to wake up without this sort of crap running through my head" Thought Alistair, easing himself off of the bed and opening the window to let the night air in. Alistair took a deep breath, more out of habit than anything else, and tries to puzzle out the meaning of the dream. Was it his beast getting angry, or his human running scared? He knew his clan occasionally got something akin to visions of the future, but he'd never harmed anyone, least of all his friends. He tried to focus for a moment and read a bit of The 12 keys of Solomon to calm down, but even this failed as he kept imagining himself as being one of the demons threatening bloody vengeance on mankind.

It was too much to think about this early in the night, especially as he'd be hosting the guys this evening. He sets up his room to look as habitable as possible, putting out the desk and trying to make things look otherwise presentable. Heading down the stairs from his (otherwise blacked out) room Alistair makes some conversation with the regulars who are moving in to the bar, giving away a few drinks on the house before setting himself up in a corner table and waiting for the others.

Could you roll for me please and I would like to know how thirsty I am, in case I need to grab a bite to eat before everyone rolls up. Also rolling Int+Occult to see if I can puzzle anything in particular out about the dream, and whether it is telling me something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

"Welcome! Welcome!" Alistair tries playing up to the image of the good host as he opened the door just ahead of Bob, before beckoning for Loren and Roshan to come in. "I have already gotten stuff set up in my room, please come up!" he waits as everyone comes in, chatting lightly before telling his grandfather to see that none of the staff bothers him for the next half an hour.

"Okay guys, I would offer you a drink but the patrons downstairs might complain" Alistair, seeing his joke fall on stony ground turns more serious "the things we have here are a very weak prince, a clear objective and the knowledge to carry it out. All we need is to plan out what we need to do if/when things go horribly wrong." He gives a nervous smile before continuing "maybe we should all interview one potential 'convert' at a time, whilst someone else guards us in case things suddenly hit the fan?"

"I assume we each have the others numbers so have the line set on 'speed dial' in case we encounter any problems. I personally think that me, Bob and Roshan should do the interviews with Loren providing back up and get away services? Open to other ideas of course"

"Oh and before the brawl of opinions get started" a slight twinge of a grin comes to Alistair's face "If anyone needs a place to crash or a potential safe haven I am officially opening up my granddads shop for that purpose. It's open virtually 24 hours so we have an effective place to work and I can certainly open up one of the back-rooms for any cult activities that are needed, rest assured I will be making it more secure, but consider this place your bolt hole if we get into trouble"

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Alistair Erikson

"That's a drat good idea" says Alistair, apparently relieved that someone else had thought things through "We aren't the most intimidating bunch, unless someone is facing a particularly dangerous paper cut!"

"So we should have the three of us doing the interviews and yourself nearby in case things get out of hand... or claw or fang or whatever else these particular instances of 'the sword of caine' have planned for us."

Josef bugman fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jun 14, 2014

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Alistair Erikson

"All good plans! At the very least we can make it to there and get out of anything, so shall we make our way there? I believe you have the keys to a car Bob, so lets get this show on the road!"

Before leaving though Alistair takes roshan to one side for a second. "here we go mate, I think you might find some interesting reading in this" before handing him a copy of the 12 keys of Solomon. "Its a little basic for one of your talents, but at least you can hopefully find out a little bit more about the occult." He winks to Roshan before heading out and calling "shotgun" before reaching the car.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Alistair Erikson

"Well lets have a quick check, make sure there are no unexpected surprises waiting for us" said Alistair as he scanned the social club before manoeuvring himself out of the car. "We best make a good impression, best foot forward" he lied, hoping to keep the worry from off his face and wishing for a moment that he could sweat at a moment like this.

(rolling Investigation + Wits to scan for trouble and Presence + Composure + Socialize for making a good first impression)

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Alistair Erikson

"I think something is going on here guys, I get the feeling we may well need the getaway car" Alistair sotto voice whispers to the others before approaching the bouncer with his best 'I am a fellow human and wish to exchange money for goods and services' face.

"I'll get this guys!" Alistair shouts back to the others as they come out of the car. "So, whose playing tonight? And more importantly, are they any good?" He gives the bouncer the 20 dollars and a small tip of 5 on top of it.

(Using Wits+ Empathy to get a read on the guy)

Josef bugman fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jun 16, 2014

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Alistair Erikson

The name was obnoxious and the music sounded as if it was being routed directly through perhaps the speaker best equipped for damaging human hearing. Walking in the music turned out to be as bad as first feared, though certainly no expert, knew that drums are not supposed to end a song with a "glong" sound.

If these guys were from Rochester Alistair dearly hoped that they found the way home a good deal trickier than they had getting here. Scanning the room he saw that most of the people were trying there best to ignore the caterwauling from the stage, unfortunatly no one here was holding up a sign saying 'Undead and looking to defect', so it'd be up to all of the team to hunt them out.

"Okay guys, lets try our best to find these guys, and remember this is a sabbat hideout, last thing we want to be doing is saying where we are actually from. Though judging from the clients saying we are vampires will just get us recommendations to a goth night."

Josef bugman fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jun 17, 2014

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Alistair

"Well come on guys don't." And then Alistair heard Bob talk and his blood ran cold. "Oh gods, this is not going to be good. Roshan, I think I have a plan, why don't we have Loren ask for their autographs (or bob as a record producer) and then we can examine them later!"

Whilst saying this Alistair thinks back on the dream and examines the lead singer, hoping for some form of revelation about him that was covered in his own dream visions. He also focused for a moment, whispering a short prayer before opening his eyes and examining the band through the murmerings of the beast in the blood 'Show me Weakness' Alistair demanded of the angry voice welling up inside him.

Using my "dream visions" to identify if the lead singer is someone I should be wary of. Also spending a vitae to use Auspex to tell which amongst the band is the weak link.

Josef bugman fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jun 21, 2014

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Alistair

"mother of... be wary around the front man, I think he might be trouble" Alistair whispers to the other members of the group before stone turns and snarls at them.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Alistair

"Cool is all a matter of so many things gentleman. I think in our case it is body temperature more than anything else." Alistair remarked, with a slight attempt at a smile. "But I think we have a lot to discuss, as we represent a group that are very interested in your particular style of talent, I am sure that it will be worth a few minutes of your time to come with us, at the very least"

Whilst saying this though Alistair gets ready to either turn and run or fight at any moment, knowing full well how bad this could get.

Using presence+Persuasion and a willpower to try to convince them that we are knowledgeable about WHAT they are and that we want to talk, not fight.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Alistair

"Well that went well." Alistair rolled his eyes at the apparent theatricality of the "ex" sabbat. "Guys I think it is fairly obvious that either the band mates are going to beat the ever loving crap out of the guy who suggested they join the Camarilla and THEN they are going to tear out our throats and leave us till sun-up".

"Now I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer but even I know this stinks. We need to go down there, show them we mean business" he nods at Loren "Could you maybe break something not to important in stones fingers? And then we need to get the ones who do want to join up to do so, get their signatures, get their word and then run as fast as we can out of this area". He nods and heads towards the door, doing his best to look business like but friendly. It has rather the same effect of a wolf cub trying to howl.

Before heading down though Alistair looks at the Moving bloodbanks people in the bar and forces himself not to think about how they would taste if devoured thirsty he suddenly finds himself.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Alistair

"Fair enough, I meant no offence by it Loren, I just wanted to know if we can put a bit of extra pressure on these guys, I can completly understand if that is not something you want to do.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Alistair

'This, "true enemy" shouldn't he or they have manifested a few decades ago by now? I mean I know we all think our higher ups are various flavours of awful, but ours do not exactly encourage us to eat one another. There is also the fact that we at least need to keep close to humanity, trying to distance yourself from it only invites the kind of insanity and detachment we tend to see amongst some of our own kind'. Finally; we are stepping on to my territory thought Alistair.

"And saying that, whilst we are all here, I would genuinely like your signatures on this, just to prove to our bosses that we showed up and had this little conversation. Otherwise we are in danger of getting our arses kicked by both you guys and them, and that is something none of us wants."

Could you roll Occult+ Intelligence+ Composure for me to know precisely what this dingus is talking about. I think I get the jist though.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Alistair

"Okay mate, sign here and state (in as clear a voice as you can manage) I do not want to stay with the Sabbat and can introduce us to more willing to make the break." Alistair grins slightly and says "and I can understand wanting to flee the crazy guys inside, is the fight likely to turn bloody, because we can always have one of our number" he nods to Loren "Get some of them out of here as fast as possible."

"Otherwise I think Bob, me and Roshan should get the mortals out of there as fast as possible. Loren if you think this is too public a place to get your hands dirty you can go grab the car". Alistair cracks his neck, and oddly human gesture for someone with no combat experience to speak of and copied more from action films than anything else, and with a smirk says a line he'd been holding on to for years. "Lets go do some good".

(Trying to make sure that the humans are okay, being as friendly as I can be with the clearly worried potential Lasombra so roll composure+persuasion. Then as I may be away from internet for the next few days if we agree with plan "help the mortals" I am going to try and direct them out of the club as fast as possible whilst avoiding the attention of the sabbat.)

Josef bugman fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jul 2, 2014

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Alistair

"Darn, was rather hoping to do something physical. Before you go mate could you reaffirm what you wrote in speech, we kind of need that if nothing else. Our bosses are kind of big on the whole "an oral contract isn't worth the paper it's written on" thing".

(Rolling persuasion and manipulation to get the guy to speak the words aloud. Sorry about the rubbish post last night, got functioning internet again now.)

Josef bugman fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Jul 4, 2014

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Alistair

Alistair winks at Loren before saying to the others gathered "Ahhh yes, mind like a sieve!"

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Alistair

"Mate, the stuff we've been put through this evening, are you really suprised? And get back in there, don't want your buddies to catch on. Will see you around and we'll make sure to contact you. And no jokes, no politics, no masquerade stay safe, you hear?"

"And Loren, I think this now calls for us to exit, stage left. Could you drop me off near a farm, I kind of want to feed and do not feel like human tonight. 'To serve man' kind of left a bad taste."

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Alistair 4/6 Willpower 3/10 Vitae

"Sure thing Loren, you sure you won't need any back up at this lake thing?" Alistair looks at Loren questioningly but, seeing that she is not exactly one to be pushed, moves on to other matters.

"False faith is actually right in this case, it looks as if the Sabbat is already splintering, and we are going to have to deal with the fall out and with the sheer amount of incorrect information that is going to get flung around in the next few nights. Thanks for the offer Bob, but I think I'd rather have something a little more 'human' tonight. But I would like to attend one of your services in the future. If only to observe."

With that, and a nod to the others Alistair settles into the car and begins to try and not focus on the hunger that was rattling the cage inside of him, demanding sustenance.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Alistair 4/6 Willpower 3/10 Vitae

"Of course, you need to remember that people won't make it easy to get at the meat, thats why you sacrifice to the gods before you go raiding" Alistair thinks to himself as he stalks towards the cattle pens. The lock looks old, and somewhat rusted, Alistair rather hoped that he'd be able to break in without having to resort to brute force method.He could hear the beast shouting in a different part of him about ho hungry he was, how he should have stayed at the club, how he should "drink the communion" how in a thousand ways it should be fed. Alstair released a breath from habit, and out of hope he might need to again, and begin trying to undo the door.

Using Dexterity +Larceny (at a minus one) to break into the cow shed, hoping that there are cows inside.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Moving closer to the nearest cow Alistair is aware of the somewhat sleepy looks, and dearly hopes that he is not going to be registering as "predator" enough to start a sudden (and secondly fatal) stampede. But the beast NEEDS to drink and Alistair gently moves next to the cow before sinking his teeth into it, being careful not to hurt the creature whilst petting it slightly.

Using my (Hilarious bad) Animal ken+Empathy for the Cow drinking and Composure+animal ken to not set off a stampede. Also moving between the cows taking, at best, 2 blood points from each, so as not to hurt the things.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Alistair 3/6 Willpower 6/10 Vitae

"Ohh that is good. A decent meal, no-one is hurt and we all go away 'Krack'. Oh just wonderful, this is exactly what I wanted from this feeding trip" thought Alistair.

"Good evening, sorry to disturb you so late, but I am checking your cows for the onset of Casters fever, it is a known form of disease, common to cattle in the area. I have been appointed temporarily to lodgings in the centre of town, unfortunately the girls do not like it. Obviously, I did not want to disturb you so late, but its necessary that we make sure as soon as possible, otherwise it could well impact more of the surrounding area. You may have seen me in town? My grandfather runs the bar and library off of 9th street? I am so sorry to bother you!"

Alistair gives his best smile, whilst also sending the blood round his system to appear as human as possible.

(Rolling Composure+Academic[to make it sound convincing]+Status, Rochester. Also using "Blush of life" and 1 willpower for talking to the guy.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

"I broke your wha- Oh my goodness I am so sorry" feigned Alistair moving towards the door and the gentleman trying to look both bewildered and contrite "I thought it seemed a bit stiff but I had no idea I was breaking in! I do apologise sir!And yes of course you will be compensated" Alistair handed over a 50 dollar bill from his wallet, wincing as to how much blood and cash this was costing.

"But I do have to warn you of something quickly" Alistair motioned over to one of the cows. "You see here sir, there are tell tale bite wounds, often these are left by ticks or things of that nature I think there may even be an infestation. The best thing you can do is collect some blood from the cattle yourself and send it to be analysed at the local College. Otherwise, you may end up with an epidemic!" Besides, Alistair thought to himself, he had heard rumours that the campus had a vampire community, anything to get a meal and a convenient meet up with whomever was in charge there shouldn't be wasted.

Using Manipulation+Academics+Expression to try and convince the guy of this. If that doesn't work am going to pay him and then head back to where my "car should be" and start walking home.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Alistair 3/6 Willpower 5/10 Vitae

"Gah!" Alistair wakes up from what, he supposes for a second, could be called a daymare. He still remembers the taloned hand of that old monster, the sound of cracking bone when the poor gangrel, Arthur wasn't it? Had his neck snapped like a dry reed, the feeling of running forever did not exactly help him to settle. He tried to focus, and called down to his Grandad, still manning the bar 'Bestefar, I may be going out tonight, but I'd like to talk after I get back in, ja?'

He quickly texted the others 'Going to try and talk to the Prince, anyone else coming along this evening? All the best, Alistair :P'. He liked adding the smiley, its something that he hated when other people did, but felt it made him a bit more in touch with humanity if he fouled up conversations in perfectly ordinary ways.

For now though, he wanted to do a bit of reading, the Sabbat last night had mentioned how two Antediluvians had met there maker because of them, he wanted to find out more about them and most importantly he wanted to find out what myths they corresponded to. After that, and if the meeting with the Prince had to be postponed, he'd pop by the University. There was something there that he could use, he was sure of it.

Using Intelligence+Occult to do research into Antediluvian mythology. Want to have a quick chat with grandad tonight about the war and the Thule society if he feels up to it.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Glitnir- A conversation between Loren - Will: 6/6 Vitae: 11/11 and Alistair 3/6 Willpower 5/10 Vitae

“Well I see you made it, quite the place right?” asks Alistair.

“Mmm,” nods Loren non-committally. “The deer head is very interesting.”

“My grandad shot it himself, he’s quite the marksman when he gets in the mood! But, we’d probably best get on to… whatever the hell that was last night” Alistair moves a bit closer “Do you think the prince set us up to fail? I sincerely hope not, but I’ve been having dream visions and I do not like to ignore them.”

“I’m guessing the prince doesn’t care enough about us to set us up to fail. Could be a member of his council or it could just be no one thought about it too hard.”

“ If there is one thing I learned, its that never think you are beneath anyone's notice. If only as a playing piece.” Alistair has become oddly serious, a big change from his flippant act with the others last night. “Whilst we are young we are vulnerable, we need to understand each other and the group overall if we are to have any hope of seeing our first century. With that in mind, I’d like to ask to come along to one of your Buddhist sessions, if you would not mind”.

“Of course, anyone willing to treat everyone else with respect is always welcome,” she replies, clearly pleased with the prospect.

“Good, and I would appreciate your help in something I have planned. I would like to talk to your group about some help with research, I am of the idea that knowledge is power, and if they can help me find some of the pieces about the local area, nothing spooky you understand, it would help.”

“Like what? Unfortunately the records are kind of messed up at the moment. Our primary librarian left suddenly.”

“I wanted to find out something about the local population, if we can identify problems in the city we can… well we can try and lessen the suffering there, try and work towards making this place a better city. For us and Humanity.”

Alistair continues, “I realise that sounds stupidly naive, but I think we should at least attempt it. We live too long to think in just the immediate term.”

Loren nods, “Yes, I see. One thing you could help with right away is the volunteer work I do when there is nothing else pressing. Basically I wander around in some of the bad parts of town providing basic medical care for prostitutes, homeless people, gangsters, whoever is out and about late at night and needs help. It’s not real safe, but you’ve got some of the same advantages I do in that regard, so you’d be welcome to follow along and keep an eye out for things while we walk.”

“That sounds like a capital idea. Plus with some of my more natural abilities I am less likely to be noticed. But I must ask you something else about the meeting we are about to have with the prince. Do you think we should ask for some kind of boon from him? I would think that giving your underlings some sort of reward might be expected.”

“I don’t know,” says Loren, looking into the distance in thought. “What I really want is to be left alone unless there’s a particular kind of problem that needs my skills. I think the key to that is trying to walk the line between being useless, needy, and vitally important. For the moment just saving up the minor favors owed might be my best bet. You also don’t want to end up owed too much, of course, because then sometimes it’s less work to just make the favors go away.”

“An accurate, if somewhat cynical view. Personally, well everyone has thought ‘I can run this place better’ but it seems kind of obvious that power here is a bit of an academic exercise and that the major players do not exactly Like each other. Actual power, on the ground to make things better seems to rest with other groups, whilst we either squirrel ourselves away, or end up making catty remarks. It just seems so wasteful sometimes.”

“I like to think of it as ‘ancient wisdom’, not cynicism,” says Loren with a grin. “But that’s just because it was the advice given to me by an ancient person.” She turns slightly more serious. “And while I may have thought ‘I can run this place better’ once upon a time, I think I’m free of that delusion now. Trying to keep a pretty low key spiritual group in good shape is just barely something I can handle. There’s no way I’d be good at anything bigger or more competitive.”

“I would say that it could always be collaborative. But even I know that it’s unlikely to work out, we are all to in hoc to beasts to let ourselves collaborate for too long. But you are doing something, you are making a difference, and if I can I’d like to help with that” Alistair grins and extends a hand with a wink “to the elimination of suffering in this turn of the wheel?”

Loren shakes his hand firmly, “A noble goal."

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

"Thank you very much honoured one" said Alistair trying to make sure he sounded at least reasonably sincere with the last chat to the prince.

Once safely out of earshot he turned to the others, "This man couldn't be in charge of a fish stall, never mind a city! Anyway, I think we should get to work on separate goals for the next night or so, it appears as if the majority of the movers and shakers are here, should we see if we can find out anything?"

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

"If you don't mind I wanted to have a quick chat with whomever is walking around here, see what I can find out about the situation in the city overall. Then I want to head back to mine and start doing research about potential sites of occult import in the city. I think that might help you in particular Roshan, I thought dragons loved there mystic sites?"

Alistair looked around the room and seeing some kindred, decided to focus and see what his visions would tell him about the place they were in and the people within it.

Using Dream Visions on either the gathered Kindred or the building itself to gain more information. Up to you which will make for the better story

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

"Wheels within wheels, fantastic." Alistair turns to Roshan and points to the vampires that he saw with the rotating shadows. "Lets go make some friends, I'll explain more later." Sidling up to the group he attempts to overhear what, if anything, the vampire with the shadows is talking about.

Approaching one of the camps with the weird shadows, hanging back and listening in, using Wits+Investigation to see if I can overhear anything. If that doesn't work using Intelligence+Occult to puzzle out any meaning for additional shadows.

Josef bugman fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jul 12, 2014

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

7 shadows, 7 vampires, 7 gunshots. 7 seems to feature a lot in the last few days of dreams and nightmare. Remembering the faces and (if he overhears them) the names of the vampires, Alistair nods to Roshan and moves out of the Elysium, making sure to smile politely at the other predators milling about.

Once outside he breathes out and turns to Roshan "I think we may have just accidentally uncovered something big. My dream visions (its a mekhet thing) have been warning me of something big and dark that is coming, I recommend that we head back to mine and begin doing some research into anything that might be associated with the number 7 to an absurd degree."

Going to go back to Giltheim and get to work on doing research on the number 7, using Intelligence 5+ Occult 4 + Library (occult) 1

Josef bugman fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jul 13, 2014

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

"Gods and monsters, this is bad bad news" Alistair walked over to where his grandfather was sitting "[Grandad, I think we may need to send people home early tonight, and get prepared, I think we may end up having some unwelcome guests]"

Alistair's grandad raises and eyebrow and chuckles "'[Jumping at shadows now, m'boy? You might have died but I can still see that you are a bit spooked. I will get the punters out and then you and your friend can get to work with whatever it is you need to do.]"

"[I love you too, you crotchety old sod]" Alistair says with a smile as his grandad goes to the bar to announce an unfortunately early closing.

Alistair turns to Roshan, "I think we may well have a serious problem, essentially we may be dealing with something halfway between the Sabbat and a clean link to Caine himself. I think we need to fortify here, warn the others and get started on ways to defend this place from intrusion."

Sending a text to the others asking them to come round to mine for a drink, so that nothing suspicious is spread, other than that going to chat to grandad and try and get him to take the bolt action rifle out of the cupboard. Also using Intelligence+ Investigation to start mapping the whole place out in my head for defensive measures. Going to be rolling Intelligence+Occult to find out more about the Dark Mother.

Also anything in [Without being italicised is in Norweigan]

Josef bugman fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jul 14, 2014

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

"Well I think we have all seen what the history books tell us. Now it just remains for us to try and figure out what the hell it all means. We know that Lilith is at the heart of this, but it gets me to thinking that Nod may be more than just a place, but a separate realm to our own. That might be where VII comes from, alongside that... Enoch might actually be what they destroyed. Which makes them an extremely potent threat to all of us."

"The question now though, is how do we remove this cancer before it removes us?"

Using Intelligence+Occult- Specialisation near east to come up with a unified theory of VII, using all the data we have gathered.

Josef bugman fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jul 16, 2014

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

"Very true... but tell you what, I will go along to the princes meeting tonight, I think I know the 7 vampires (or maybe not vampires, with this lot it is hard to tell), and then we stake out their territory and then speak to Salome. We get the warlocks involved and they are bound to go after these guys, if only because they represent trouble and presage the arrival of the strix. Then we do our level best to make a play for as much of their territory as possible, move into their positions, take their ghouls and make them regret their actions in keeping knowledge hidden from us." Alistair's voice rises and a feral gleam comes into his eyes. He knows that he wants to make a difference and by whatever metric these things wanted to harm others, and he wanted to show them what fools they were to mess with his city.

Going for a 'pride' willpower point, using what we already know alongside Intelligence+Occult to tell if VII are a negative influence and a danger to 'normal' kindred. Then using Intelligence+Status Rochester+Status Camirilla to tell where VII's territories are, so that they can be found out and their resources used by us

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Alistair 4/6 Willpower 6/10 Vitae

"You are right... sorry Loren, sorry Roshan, I just don't like these guys messing around with the people of this city. I mean we may be vampires, but that doesn't mean we have to suck, right?" Alistair gives a small grin then "I think it might be a good idea to go to the Sherrif, shall we go along tonight? As a triad?"

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

"I think a quiet night may do us some good, at least an immediate blow up seems unlikely." Alistair murmers to the other two members of the little group. "I'll go around and see what I can find out about the two that are here, Roshan you track the big guy, I'll handle the invisible woman. Loren, I think you know the Sheriff so if you talk to the Elysium guy and get an interview that might be a plan."

Using Auspex+Intelligence to get me to both remember and focus on the lady who makes our eyes water. Also using socialise+persuasion to learn more about the 2 of 7 vampires from some of the others gathered here.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

"Oh joy, the conspiracy of silence and the Carthians. Well let us see what we can do" thought Alistair his brows knitting together and eyes watering slightly just to keep an eye on the woman. He was almost sure that this was some sort of obfustace ability that he had read about that would allow you to do that. Either that or she belonged to the Lasombra. Both were somewhat worrying ideas at the moment.

Approaching a nearby group of vampires, some of whom appear to be little more than neonates themselves, he asks them "Who is that young lady, Matilda was it?, over there I've head that she got any particular clout within the Carthians, you know the sort all "rah rah revolution" I can barely see why anyone of breeding would be amongst them, does she, have any particular areas of expertise?"

Pumping the crowd for information, using Manipulation+Socialize+1 wp to try and get the most that I can out of them.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Alistair nods at the one who had helped him before slipping back into the crowd with a slight smile "Well, we now have the who, what and where. Now all we need is the why and the how. At least the people here do not seem to take too badly to me asking questions. I'll go talk to Roshan and, Jesus christ!" The malkavian was talking to two capadocians and the walking corpses made his dead skin itch.

Moving swiftly to one side he kept to the shadows, trying to listen in on other conversations, especially stuff about the Invictus and the Carthians, Alistair could not stand the thought of introducing himself to two obvious suspects, nor giving away his real name or any other information to the Capadocians, he knew that they probably had no connection to the monster of Quebec, but he had no intention of testing the 'probably'.

Using Socialise+presence to mingle, not trying to do anything in particular, just not stand out.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Whilst his brain was screaming "holy crap" over and over Alistair decided to smile absently at the nosferatu, as if he sort of recognised her but did not wish to offend. Always a wise move with any young person in a group of elders. Besides if the worst came to it, he could always claim that he was listening in to learn a bit more about the Covenant situation in the city, himself being unaligned at the moment.

He inserts himself into a rather tedious conversation, one Daeva boring others halfway to final death with a lecture on "mortals and how dull they are". Deciding to show the pompous rear end up Alistair decided to rise to the bait of one sentence about the "drinking habits of kine, why if they drink anything other than water they stink for the next-"

"Surely you wouldn't suggest that mortal blood cannot be improved by a heady flavor sir? It is well known that many of the foremost artistes of all generations have worked with their blood thrumming with intoxicants of all shapes and sizes, are you honestly suggesting that you would not drink from Toulouse-Lautrec if he offered, because he was drinking absinthe?"

Using Presence+Expression (with my skill specialty Speeches) to take this guy down a peg or to. Also playing into my "proud" vice, as the best thing to do would probably be to keep a lower profile.

Josef bugman fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jul 24, 2014

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

"Ah, of course! Do accept my apologise Elder Slagne, I had simply assumed you to be making a point in line with your words as opposed to your intentions, for if that is the case then perhaps we should all have ease in communicating." Alistair gave a quick grin to the slightly enlarging circle around the pair of them and decided to keep playing to the crowd "Perhaps we should instead talk about that most interesting subset of all our unlives, politics!" He turns to look at the crowd and notices himself being observed very closely by the Nosferatu, but he can't stop now. Not when he can give a proper speech, make these fools understand the importance of the people of the city.

"We refer to the people we come from as 'Kine' well that is all well and good, but I believe that the health of the herd in a city and, just as important, the happiness of a people in the city are vital. We all live in times where a single match can send a powerful message, where our images could end up anywhere. So much we do is out of the fear of the very humans we came from. We need, more than anything else, to care for our people and our city. To build closer communities so that we may all have better protection from outsiders. To build happier neighbourhoods so that more will come to the city. To build might and power so that we can point us at the throat of the world. And who better to do it than us? It is said that you should set a dog to guard from wolves. But we are wolves guarding our herd. And we should Not be denied!"

He could already feel the eyes on him, he could sense that all this was doing was drawing VII closer to him, he even knew that this was worryingly close to what Enoch had been, but damned if he was going to let fear hold him back, and he exulted in the moment.

Using up the willpower, Hahaha, something hilarious wrong went here, disregard. Using Presence+Politics+ Expression {Speeches} to do a party political broadcast.

Josef bugman fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jul 25, 2014

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

It is rare for Alistair to feel happy at having attracted someone's attention, but for once his mind works like lightning. He can discuss getting in with the Carthians, see what she knows and what she knows about and then conveniently work out a way to foresee if any doom is incoming to the Kindred or Kine of the city. It was almost too perfect, and thought the cynical beast inside of him, it'll give you some leverage over the Carthians if you ever decide to join or betray them.

"Who am I to refuse such an offer" Alistair laughed and grinned a toothy grin and gestures magnanimously to the crowd "I shall see you all later my friends. Lay on MacDuff."

Going to follow the lady and see where this goes.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

"I want to know more about the Carthians, and yourself of course. We are in elysium and surrounded by kindred, why on earth would you hide yourself so obviously unless you are afraid of something or wanted to attract attention, Matilda?"

Going to be waiting for a response and can Carry this out with a GM if neccesary to speed things up. Basically using Manipulation+Empathy to make it seem like I am on her "faces" side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Alistair 3/6 Willpower 5/10 Vitae And Matilda

Matilda offers Alistair a deadpanned look. “I’m hiding as much as you’re sensitive to fire, I’d wager, neonate.” She scoffs. “Or would you think me gauche enough to use a Discipline in Elysium?”

“Its not necessarily gauche if it is a protective measure, this is the Camarilla and the Carthians we are talking about” Alistair grins to her.

She doesn’t grin back. “Yes, and the Carthians would like more visibility - our enemies won’t violate Elysium to come after us, not if they don’t want the Prince or the Sheriff coming down on their heads. And they wouldn’t.”

“All depends on who the enemy is, and what they want though. I would like to know more about your movement. My friends are generally receptive to the ideas of the Carthians and working to make things better for all, but what is it that you offer?”

“Well, the prospect of actual upward mobility, for one. You notice something pretty quick in the Camarilla - maybe even you’ve noticed it already.” She scoffs. “All the bosses and people with power? They’re all old, way older than you. And, being that they’re vampires, they’ll never retire. Are you “receptive to the idea” of staying a peon your entire unlife? No? Me neither.”

She shakes her head. “We’re not Anarchs. We’re not idiots. The Camarilla has a good thing going - the foundation is stable. We’re just talking about instituting a little democracy, infusing some fresh blood and new ideas into the Tower. That’s not unreasonable, is it?”

“Not necessarily, but it is important to note how these things are done. For instance, what about the older vampires? They have a wealth of knowledge as well as actual wealth, to draw on, I can understand the need for a democratic framework, but our very instincts are fundamentally predatory, how would you ensure that its not abused?” Alistair is looking directly at Matilda whilst he says this, searching her body language to try and see if she actually means what she says.

“And, when all is said and done, age may not be a great idea to base government on, but neither is youth, what do you guys actually DO in the night that makes you any different from the other lot of vampires walking around?”

Matilda seems sincere in her statements, if frustrated that she has to explain it for the umpteenth time. “Ok, so to address your points: we’re not necessarily talking about upending things and putting neonates in control of entire domains - in some cases the elders have proven themselves, yes. But it’s not prove yourself once and you’re set in the mortal world...mostly, and it’s the Carthian opinion that it shouldn’t be in the Kindred world, either. It’s ongoing. If an elder like the Prince proves himself to be an utter bonehead, and a younger vampire proves himself to be a good administrator, shouldn’t who's in charge be examined more closely? As for what the Movement does - well, you’ve heard of Carthian Law, even if you’ve never experienced it. We make sure that the Kindred play by the rules - logical, egalitarian rules that make sense - the Traditions, sure, to an extent, but there’s a lot more than that, and in some cases, a lot less than that needed. poo poo doesn’t have to be draconian.
And, well, look, the mortal world keeps changing. The Kindred world doesn’t on it’s own, but it does keep growing, which means it can change. We try and make sure those who still have a pulse on how humanity works have some pull in their unlives, because it makes the Masquerade cleaner, and that makes all our Requiems easier.”

“Hmmmm, these all sound like good points. But I needed to ask you about one final thing. I am a researcher by nature. It might sound odd but I have been doing some reading and I have been coming across a lot of mentions of older vampiric society. Specifically a place called Enoch, I do not suppose you would have a library that I could access and make use of that would be able to tell me more about it?” Alistair keeps watching, his eyes unblinking and becoming increasingly frustrated by the fact that this wasn’t the cackling demon which he had imagined. She was even making reasonable points, the nerve!

“I ask because it seems like a place where Kindred and Kine got along very well, and had to ask in case your researchers had any knowledge of how it might be copied?”

She pauses for a moment, maybe searching her brain for the word. “Enoch...uhhh…” she shakes her head “No, I’ve never heard of it. But I don’t put much stock in vampire mythology, not really my area of expertise, sorry dude. I mean, the Movement has resources, and that includes people into the occult and what have you - Mekhets and Cappadocians happen everywhere, or whatever. So yeah, there’s libraries. But, Covenant resources are for Covenant members - I’m sure you’ll find that true regardless of who you’re pitching to - you’d need to join to avail yourself of it.”

“Really, that is a shame, you see Enoch is a rather useful metaphor for how Vampires could live in Harmony with Kine. But nothing on Lillith, the land of Nod? None of those ringing any particular bells? I suppose it can’t be helped. As a minor question though I saw you extending a hand to the Invictus a little while back, I thought you two were fundamentally opposed on nigh on every level?” Alistair kept prodding buttons, mentioning things and trying his level best to provoke some kind of reaction. But it seemed as if the programming was too deep, his own research unsatisfactory or some other factor was playing a role.

Matilda seems confused by the sudden change in conversation. “No, I uh...I mean I’ve heard OF the vampire fairy tales, the whole Caine rigamarole, I mean, some of it. My eyes kinda gloss over going into it too much.” She waves it off. “Like I said, not my cup o’tea or anything. But, as far as me talking to a dude in the Invictus goes - so? Yes, politically, I don’t have much in common with the guy, but, I mean, it’s called bipartisanship - it happens in the human world, right? You gotta be willing to compromise sometimes. Also, just because your friend’s a Republican or something, if you’re a Democrat, doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a non-politically charged chat every so often, right?”

She chuckles. “Don’t take this the wrong way or anything, but were you like, into D&D in high school or something? You seem the type.”

“My parents were occultists. I kind of picked up lots of stuff from them, I am even named after a certain mister Crowley” Alistair grins at this, remembering his family life and remembers he needs to phone his parents very soon. “But I am surprised you don’t know more about our history, or speculative history anyway. It is a fascinating read. And its always interesting what sort of ghosts get dragged up when you read about it.” Alistair is not pleased with the fact that there has not even been an attempted grab at his throat, so he settles back into more familiar territory of playing the smart but socially inept professor “I mean knowing the past helps you to see the present and alter the future… to horribly mangle something from 1984”

Matilda shakes her head, looking like she was maybe seeking an exit from the conversation. “Yeah, uhm...the whole eyes glossing over thing - just warning you it might start happening at any moment. I know enough to get by - but stuff that happened tens of thousands of years ago...maybe, even - I don’t see what use it is in my night life. I mean, the loving end of the world bullshit never happened, so, it’s probably all nonsense anyway.” She jumps - feigned, Alistair can tell, and pulls out her cell phone, staring at the screen.

“Oh, hey, poo poo, sorry - I gotta take this. Would you excuse me?” She smiles, and starts off out of the room.

“Of course, I must be getting back myself, do keep safe”

Alistair realises that he has probably blown any chance of getting in deeper with the Carthians at this point, but at least he had learned something from the shifting woman. For one thing she had no apparent idea as to her origins, for a second she would not be baited obviously, and for third… well she couldn’t fake a phone call to save her unlife. He would need more evidence, or at least more preparation, to make sure that the team could survive VII.

Going to head back to Elysium, then going to chat to the Invictus guy we saw, and then chat to Roshan and associates if I can.

Josef bugman fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Jul 30, 2014

• Locked thread