Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Mouro posted:

I'm not sure if the Destroyermen series counts, but just in case: A couple of obsolete WW2 destroyers travel to an alternate Earth where humans never evolved and join forces with seafaring humanoid lemurs to fight agains an horde of cannibalistic lizardmen. :v:

Also some of the sailors gently caress the lemurs. That's an important plot element, y'know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Mojo Threepwood posted:

I agree, I absolutely loved How Few Remain (and have it autographed!), One of the reasons it worked was because there was no parallel war that Turtledove was mirroring from for 1881. So we got early trench warfare, wild west fights in Arizona, and Roosevelt on the frontier. I think Turtledove is at his best when he has to make up new battlefields and wars and isn't copy pasting with new names.

Not to be a wet blanket or anything but I'm pretty sure the 1881 war was close-ish to the Franco-Prussian War.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Mojo Threepwood posted:

Ah, I know very little about the Franco-Prussian War. I will have to look that up, thanks!

I read through the first couple chapters last night am a lot less sure of that statement. Like probably completely wrong.

• Locked thread