Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I don't know if anyone has read "The Plot Against America" by Philip Roth, but I like that one.

From wikipedia:
"It is an alternative history in which Franklin Delano Roosevelt is defeated in the presidential election of 1940 by Charles Lindbergh. The novel follows the fortunes of the Roth family during the Lindbergh presidency, as antisemitism becomes more accepted in American life and Jewish-American families like the Roths are persecuted on various levels."

I hesitate to say any alternate history fiction is reasonable, but the story in this books is at least not full of Hitler clones or whatever. It's very different from the other Roth books I've read, I'd say give it a shot. edit: apparently it also won the same award the Chabon book above won, so if that sways you in any way, there you have it. In fact this entire list may be worth further investigation if someone is looking to check out some good alternate history.

The Berzerker fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jun 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread