Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis
The Basorus corporation is seeking qualified applicants to work full­ time security for one of its warehouses. Guaranteed six month assignment with possibility of continued employment. Must be willing to relocate to Maars, Michigan for the duration of the assignment. Housing provided rent free.

Following are requirements:

Must have some firearms training.
Have a High School Diploma or G.E.D.
Sign a Non­disclosure agreement to not communicate any information about the company.

Job Responsibilities:

Performing assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
Ability to stand/sit/walk for extended periods of time.
Observe and report incidents,
Provide security for the property and personnel.
Make periodic tours to check for irregularities.
Enforce directives for the site.

* Compensation: $21.00 per hr plus benefits
    * Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
    * Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

Character Guidelines

This is a GURPS 4th edition game taking place in the modern world. Characters are newly hired security personnel for a Warehouse located in a small isolated Michigan town. The company that
owns the the warehouse has a very low profile. It lists itself as an Export/Import company, but doesn't give details about what they are shipping. Something weird is going on with the company, but then again there's something weird about your characters.

Since this is a not-sequel to a game that I’ve ran before, at least some people know what’s likely to happen in this game. While players may know what is up, the characters won’t. I might allow exceptions, but for the most part characters are coming into this game not knowing how strange Basorus and its warehouse is. Characters coming into this game only know that they are going to be security for a warehouse.

Prospective characters for this game should be built on 150 points with up to five points of quirks. No hard limit on disadvantages, but I'd prefer if characters didn't have over 30 points in disadvantages. The characters will need to be able to fulfill the job requirements listed above, which means any disadvantages which would preclude them from doing so are not allowed. Due to the fact that this is a horror game, Fearlessness is capped at two levels and Unfazeable isn’t allowed.

The game style is realistic, so no cinematic or exotic traits. Here is the list of acceptable paranormal advantages:

* Channeling
    * Clairsentience
    * Danger Sense
    * Empathy
    * Medium
    * Precognition
    * Psychometry
    * Reawakened
    * Serendipity
    * Spirit Empathy
    * True Faith

In regards to disadvantages of an unusual nature, I’ll deal with these on a case by case basis. In regards to Weirdness Magnet (which is allowed), I’m going to need the player to explain exactly what weirdness magnet entails. Saying weird things happen to and around your character isn’t enough. What kind of weird things happen around your character? I want the weirdness to have a theme of sorts. For example, in the previous Warehouse game a character had weirdness magnet that was tied into ghosts, so the character kept having ghosts bother them.

Character sheet choices should be reflected in character backgrounds. This is especially true for characters with unusual traits.

As mentioned previously, the characters are weird. Basorus hired the characters because there is something special about them. The character may or may not be aware that they are different then other people. Basorus knows. What this unusual aspect of the character is will be left up to the player as long as I’m O.K. with it. Characters should have their weird aspect be tied to the supernatural or paranormal. It can be tied into an advantage or disadvantage, but it isn’t necessary.

I’m making some changes to some skills for this game. The skill Occult is now “The study of the supernatural. This skill provides a character with general knowledge of occult topics. These topics include hauntings, spells, rituals, psychic phenomena and other related topics. This skill only gives a glimpse of the true occult.”

For those who want more specific knowledge of esoteric subjects, I’m including these expert skills:

Cryptozoology
Demonology
Pneumatology
Vampirology
Thaumatology
Fortean Phenomena

As stated in the characters book, these aren’t a substitute for Hidden Lore. This leads me to the other change I have. Hidden Lore is allowed, but it comes at a cost. When a character first gains a point in some Hidden Lore skill, they pick up a point in derangement (which I’ll explain later). This point of derangement isn’t removed by the usual methods and is the price one pays for true knowledge. If anyone wants their character to have Hidden Lore, then we can discuss the situation.

Besides a character sheet and background, there are two other requirements: an in character corporate questionnaire and an out of character background survey of the character..

For this game I’m planning on implementing some new rules. I’m going to be using the Stress/Derangement and corruption rules from GURPS Horror. What this means is that fright Checks are split into two categories: ordinary Fright Checks, which cause Stress, and Sanity-Blasting Fright Checks, which cause Derangement. Corruption is the cumulative effect of delving into black magic, occult, and maybe using psychic powers too much. When characters start to deal with stress/derangement and corruption, I’ll make sure there’s ways characters can save themselves from going off the deep end.

The effects of stress are temporary penalties to fear and self-control checks. If a character gains too much stress (Penalties equal to the negative value of Will e.g. Will 11 would be -11 stress), then it becomes Derangement. Derangement represents long term mental harm either from too much stress or extreme fright checks. Points in Derangement will act the same way as points in stress. In addition to those effects, Derangement will affect the character’s interactions with other people via interpersonal skills. Also Fearlessness doesn’t offset Derangement penaltiesThe amount of derangement a character can withstand is equal to the amount of Will a character has. When derangement points outnumber Will, then any further Derangement is converted into permanent mental disadvantage points. When the game starts, I’ll go over these rules again and discuss how characters can reduce stress and derangement.

I plan on having 5-7 players in the game and the recruitment will stay open for at least a week (maybe more, I’m not in a rush). Please submit characters in a text format. I don’t expect people to submit character backgrounds, character sheets, questionnaire and questions all in one post; However, I want to see character concepts either before posting a character sheet or at the same time as the character sheet.

If there's any questions, please post them or contact me via my IRC channel: #Bubonicgames or catch me in one of the other IRC channels I'm in.

Just a note here, some people remember a different kind of game that I ran that was called Warehouse 23. This is not the same.

DocBubonic fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jun 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

CORPORATE QUESTIONNAIRE FOR PROSPECTIVE BASORUS EMPLOYEES

Please answer questions to the best of your ability and answer truthfully. For all questions where you do not have an answer, please put N/A. All applications are kept confidential.

Background Information:

1. Name (Please also list all known aliases and nick names)
2. Age
3. Sex
4. Birth date
5. Are you a U.S. Citizen?
6. List highest level of education achieved.
7. List the last five years of employment experience
8. Military Experience? If yes, please explain.
9. Law Enforcement experience? If yes, please explain.
10. Have you been convicted of any crimes? If yes, please explain.
11. Any known medical conditions?
12. Have you ever experienced any unexplained phenomena? If yes, please explain.
13. Is there anything you would like us to know that we didn’t ask about?

Personality Assessment Questions:

14. Is lethal force justified in situations other than self­ defense?
15. Are you able to make decisions quickly?
16. Should a team member be willing to make sacrifices for the sake of the group?
17. Did you ever have an imaginary friend?
18. Have you pledged loyalty to any social, political, religious, or governmental organizations?
19. Do you feel it is right to manipulate others in order to achieve your goals?

Motivational Response questions

20. Have you answered every question on this test truthfully?
21. Have you ever poked a dead animal with a stick?
22. Rank these items in order of most to least important: Family, Employer, Self, Religion.
23. Have you ever seen a dead body?
24. Care to confess anything you feel guilty about? If yes, please explain.
25. Have you lied on any question in this application?

Out of Character Character Survey

These are questions for the player to answer about their characters.

1. Did your character learn about this warehouse job because they saw the ad or did they get referred to this job by someone else?

2. Why did your character take this job?

2. Beyond working at the warehouse does your character have any other goals? What are they?

3. Describe the first time your character encountered something paranormal, supernatural or inexplicable (skip this if your character never had such an experience).

4. What is the worst thing your character ever did?

5. Is there anyone your character feels close to?

For easy response, just quote and fill in.

DocBubonic fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jun 12, 2014

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
I was in the first game and will be using the same character if I can! Will app when my computer is up :D

Marion Tipplepot rides again

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Edit: Alright, basics are up, I'm working on the rest right now. Concept is an Afghanistan veteran who received a Section 8 discharge after his unit was wiped out by undead crusaders, after he broke a holy seal that was keeping the dead dead(that's proper English, as dumb as it seems).

added $19508 of gear

Rough backstory:

Jack Plissken, formerly Corporal Jack Plisken, had a pretty good, simple life. Football in High School, decent grades, and a few months of working a blue collar factory job before joining the Army after his father died. In the Army, he was a rural, small town nobody from somewhere in Washington state that nobody ever heard of. Acceptable scores through basic training, a few years of service just good enough to be respected in his platoon, but never promoted.

And then it all went to hell in a handbasket.

A routine patrol in 2012 ended up in a firefight with insurgents. Following the insurgents into a few caves lead to an Crusades-era tomb. Throwing a grenade in the tomb? Broke a little something called the Lazurus Seal, which kept the dead down and in the ground. Without the Seal? Spirits of the dead hanging around in dead bodies. Like, oh, the sarcophagi in the tomb. Which were full of long-dead crusaders. Something inside Jack broke, snapped entirely, seeing men who had been dead for a thousand years, cutting down his squadmates with rusty swords and axes. A near miss with one of them, which should have taken Jack's head only took an eye.

But, he escaped. By fleeing, and leaving his squad behind, dead or alive. A few hours later, he was discovered, delirious from pain and mental trauma, by another squad sent out to find his unit. His military career collapsed within two months, being released from service for his wounds and his mental trauma. He was caught, driving three times over the state limit a few weeks later.

His oldest friend, and now his only drinking buddy who was willing to put up with a bitter, scarred veteran, got him a simple freelance security job. Nothing too complex or dangerous, just guarding some hotshot lawyer. Around this time, he picked up competitive shooting. The focus needed to do the security work, and perform well in the competitions brought him back from the brink. He got into the swing of things, picking up new security contracts here and there, to keep funding his competitions and lifestyle. Jake started working on a classic muscle car as well, picking up a heavily used, beaten up Ford Torino.

Now, he's off to another job. Some decent paying security gig, at a warehouse in the middle of nowhere. But, Jake's got a car, he's got something to do to keep his mind away from the past, and he still wants a first-place position in an IPSC match.

pre:
Name: Jack Plissken
Race: Human
Image: 
Soundtrack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec0XKhAHR5I

TL: 8

5'10", 182 lbs, 
Handedness: Right

Total Unspent CP:  0

Attributes[101]

ST 12 [20]	HP 16 [8]
DX 12 [40]	Will 12 [10]
IQ 10 [0] 	Per 10 [0]
HT 12 [20]	FP 13 [3]

Damage:		1d-1/1d+2
Basic Speed:	6
Basic Move:	6
Basic Lift: 	29
Dodge:		9

Cultural Familiarity[1]
	Muslim[1]

Languages[4]
	English(Native/Native)[0]
	Arabic(accented/illiterate)[4]

Advantages[45]
 	Combat Reflexes				[15]
	Danger Sense				[15]
	Very Fit				[15]

Disadvantages[-46]
	Alcoholism				[-15]
	Code of Honour(Soldier's)		[-10]
	Flashbacks(Mild)			[-5]	
	One Eye					[-15]
	Swears a Lot				[-1]

Skills(29 skills, 44 points)
	Armoury(Small Arms)			IQ/A		10[2]
	Brawling				DX/E		12[1]
	Camouflage				IQ/E		10[1]
	Climbing				DX/A		9[1]
	Computer Operation			IQ/E		10[1]
	Detect Lies				Per/H		8[1]
	Diplomacy				IQ/H		8[1]
	Driving(Automobile)			DX/A		10[2]
	Fast Draw(Ammo)				DX/E		13[2]
	Fast Draw(Pistol)			DX/E		13[2]
	Fast Draw(Longarms)			DX/E		12[1]
	Fast Talk				IQ/A		10[2]
	First Aid				IQ/E		10[1]
	Forced Entry				DX/E		13[1]
	Guns(Pistol)				DX/E		13[2]
	Guns(Rifle)				DX/E		13[2]
	Guns(Shotgun)				DX/E		12[1]
	Hiking					HT/A		11[1]
	Housekeeping				IQ/E		10[1]
	Intimidation				Will/A		9[1]
	Jumping					DX/E		13[1]
	Knife					DX/E		13[1]
	Mechanic(Automobile)			IQ/A		11[4]
	Spear					DX/A		9[1]
	Observation				Per/A		10[2]
	Running					HT/A		11[1]
	Search					Per/A		9[1]
	Soldier					IQ/A		10[2]
	Throwing				DX/A		12[2]

Equipment:
Full wardrobe
4 magazines for Colt, $108
Retention Holster, $100
100 rounds +P ammo, $45, 1.1x dmg, range, st
100 rounds Match Grade ammo, $60, +1 acc

Concealable Vest, $1000
2 trauma plates, $1000
2 pairs of boots, $160
Frisk Gloves, $50
Electronic Earmuffs, $100
Balistic Sunglasses, $35

TL7 First Aid Kit, $50

Beat up 1970 Ford Torino, $13000

Worn:
Retention Holster
Concealable Vest w/plates
Combat Boots
Frisk Gloves
Black Leather Eyepatch

Weapons
Colt .38 Super Auto(carry pistol, Reliable, Very Accurate)
3d-1 pi	2acc	150/1,600   2.8/0.4,	RoF 3	shots 9+1(3)	ST10 	-2blk 	3rcl	$3800/$27

DocBubonic posted:

Please answer questions to the best of your ability and answer truthfully. For all questions where you do not have an answer, please put N/A. All applications are kept confidential.

Background Information:

Jack Plissken

2. Age

3. Sex
Male

4. Birth date
April 7th, 1987

Yes

12th grade

2012-2014 Freelance Security
2005-2012 United States Army, 2nd Infantry Division, 2nd Brigade

Yes. Seven years in the US Army, 2nd Infantry Division, 2nd Brigade. Served in Afghanistan from 2006 to 2012. Released from duty for post-traumatic stress and physical injuries after squad was wiped out by insurgents on a routine patrol.

None.

Yes. DUI conviction June 12, 2012.

Post-traumatic stress disorder.

12. Have you ever experienced any unexplained phenomena? If yes, please explain.
Extreme stress led me to believe that the insurgents who ambushed my squad

My record as freelance security is flawless. No locations or persons I have protected have ever suffered a security breach.

14. Is lethal force justified in situations other than self­-defense?
Only if absolutely necessary. A threat to the protected location or person should be responded to with lethal force only if other methods have failed.

Yes. Snap judgments were required during my service.

16. Should a team member be willing to make sacrifices for the sake of the group?
No. The objective is first and foremost. Anything else risks the mission.

Yes, as a child.

18. Have you pledged loyalty to any social, political, religious, or governmental organizations?
Yes, the United States of America.

19. Do you feel it is right to manipulate others in order to achieve your goals?
If that is the only way to achieve a goal, then it is acceptable. All other times, it should be frowned upon.

To the best of my knowledge, yes.

Yes. A roadkill cat as a child.

22. Rank these items in order of most to least important: Family, Employer, Self, Religion.
Employer, Self, Family, Religion.

Many times during my service with the US Army.

I still feel guilty over letting my unit down. Objectively, I realize that there was nothing I could do. However, I still feel it was my failure that lead to the deaths of my squadmates.

No, I have not lied.

1. Did your character learn about this warehouse job because they saw the ad or did they get referred to this job by someone else?
Jake was referred by a fellow freelance security guard, after running on a dry spell for a few weeks.

Money, a chance to have steady work for a long period of time, and a chance to see more of the USA.

2. Beyond working at the warehouse does your character have any other goals? What are they?
Get past his PTSD, figure out what the stone seal his grenade destroyed was.

3. Describe the first time your character encountered something paranormal, supernatural or inexplicable (skip this if your character never had such an experience).
Before the end of his military service, Jake Plissken(at the time, Corporal Jake Plissken) was on a routine patrol with his unit. After being ambushed, they regrouped and pursued the attackers to a small, man-made cave system. Going deeper into the caves led to a pitched battle in among a large number of stone sarcophagi. An errant grenade, thrown by Jake, landed immediately in front of a large stone carving. The carving, as it turns out, was a seal holding back the spirits of the dead. The grenade detonated, shattering the seal, releasing the dead. Shortly after, the long-dead crusaders in the sarcophagi rose, and slaughtered both the insurgents, and Jake's unit. Jake barely escaped with his life, but missing an eye from a sword wound. Several hours later, after failing to report in, he was discovered by another patrol, delerious and ranting about the 'dead men in metal armor' killing his squadmates.

Knowingly did? Killing a civilian by accident at a roadside checkpoint when he didn't stop his car. Unknowingly? Breaking the seal in the tomb.

Jake has a sister a few years younger than him, who lives in Seattle, that he still tries to keep up with. His drinking buddy and the man who pointed him to the warehouse job, Dean Taron, also keeps in close touch.

MohawkSatan fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Jun 16, 2014

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions
I'm hoping to at least have something postable by this weekend.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Always app to Doc-games.

Submitting a former soldier who was dismissed from service for mental issues... after being swamped with ghosts when he found himself based on a US Army base in Germany.

xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
I am apping a Drug Dealer from detroit.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.
I am going to submit something! What, I don't yet know.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Here we go:

Frank Largo

Frank is a man who's seen things. More correctly, he's felt things. Ever since the death of his wife, and the sudden sense that she was near. Not in the "I feel like they're watching over me" sense. More like the "She's standing right behind me" sense.

It got worse when she started talking to him.

Frank doesn't like it. He's convinced that he's either crazy or in deep poo poo. Either way, he wants the voices to stop talking to him and he wants to stop feeling like he's surrounded by invisible people everywhere he goes and every time he tries to sleep. He's become a habitual barbiturate popper, but it barely numbs the craziness in his head.

He can still do his job, though. The man was a cop for 15 years before retiring. He's become a good shot with his .38, and he still has a strong moral compass. He's a man who will always try to do the right thing, and may go into a situation he's not too fond of to save someone.

pre:
Frank Largo
42 years old
6'1
220 lbs
Black hair, close cropped
Thick beard and mustache
Blue eyes

Points Remaining: 4

ST 11
DX 12
IQ 12
HT 11
[80 points total]

HP 11
Will 12
Fright Check 12
Per 12
FP 11
[0 points total]

Basic Speed 5.75
Basic Move 5
Basic Move (Water) 1
Dodge 8
Basic Lift 24 lbs
Thrust 1d-1
Swing 1d+1
No Encumbrance 24 lbs
Light Encumbrance 48 lbs
Medium Encumbrance 72 lbs
Heavy Encumbrance 144 lbs
Extra Heavy Encumbrance 240 lbs
[0 points total]

English (Native/Literate) [0]

Average Wealth [0]

Advantages
Danger Sense [15]
Combat Reflexes [15]
Medium [10]
Night Vision 1 [1]
[41 points total]

Disadvantages
Addiction (Barbiturates) [-5]
Easy to Read [-10]
Insomniac [-10]
Phantom Voices [-10]
Status -1 [-5]
Dislikes Woman Beaters [-1]
Uncongenial [-1]
Helps people in danger [-1]
[-43 points total]

Skills
Guns (Pistols) 16 [12]
Law (Michigan Police) 12 [4]
Karate 13 [8]
Brawling 13 [2]
Driving 13 [4]
Shortsword 12 [2]
Fast Draw (Pistols) 14 [4]
Observation 14 [8]
Criminology 12 [2]
Interrogation 14 [8]
Professional Skill (Ann Arbor beat cop) 12 [2]
Streetwise 12 [2]
Armory (Small Arms) 12 [2]
Computer Operation 11 [0]
Detect Lies 12 [4]
Savior-Fair (Police) 14 [4]
[68 points total]

Weapons
Ranged
Name                               Damage    Acc    Range       Wgt       Rof   Shots   ST   Bulk   Rcl    Cost
Springfield Armory M1911A1         2d pi+     2     150/1600    2.8/0.5    3    7(3)    10    -2     3     $850/27
- Improved Visibility Sights                                                                               $75
- Fine (Reliable)                                                                                          $212.50
- TL8 Tactical Light - 25 yard beam. 2xXS/2 hrs                 0.25                                       $100

Vehicles
Vehicle                        ST/HP   Hnd/SR   HT    Move    LWt.   Load   SM   Occ. DR Range Cost   Locations
1994 Chevy Cavalier Coupe       53      0/4     11f   2/55*   1.8     0.6   +3   1+4  5   500  $4000    G4W

Armor
Name                           Location    DR     Cost    Wgt
Sneakers                          feet     1*      $40     2

Equipment
ON PERSON
Ordinary Clothes ($120) (2 lbs)
Leather belt ($10)
Drop-leg hard retention holster ($150) (1 lb)
Car keys (0.1 lbs)
Cell phone - $20/month, S/6 hours ($100) (0.5 lbs)

Waist pack - 10 lbs ($10) (1 lb)
2 spare M1911 magazines ($52) (1 lb)
22 rounds of .45 ACP 185 grain JHP ($11) (1.03 lbs)

AT HOME
Full wardrobe (Free) (neg.)
Winter clothes ($180) (4 lbs)
Portable tool kit (mechanic) ($600) (20 lbs)
Duct tape 60-yard roll ($1) (2 lbs)
Portable CD player - 2xS/75 hours ($25) (0.5 lbs)
Electric lantern, large - 4xS/20 hours ($30) (3 lbs)
Small first aid kit ($10) (1 lb)
Phenobarbital sedative - 10 doses ($50) (0.25 lbs)
Suturing kit ($20) (1 lb)
Gun cleaning kit ($20) (0.5 lbs)
27 rounds of .45 ACP 185 grain JHP ($13.50) (1.26 lbs)

Total weight on person: 6.88 lbs
Total cost: $6639.50

quote:

Background Information:

1. Name (Please also list all known aliases and nick names): Franklin Samuel Largo
2. Age: 42
3. Sex: Male
4. Birth date: October 15th, 1972
5. Are you a U.S. Citizen?: Yes
6. List highest level of education achieved.: Bachelor's Degree
7. List the last five years of employment experience: Zapruder Pharmaceuticals, administration
8. Military Experience? If yes, please explain.: No
9. Law Enforcement experience? If yes, please explain.: 15 years in Ann Arbor. Promoted to Sergeant.
10. Have you been convicted of any crimes? If yes, please explain.: No
11. Any known medical conditions?: No
12. Have you ever experienced any unexplained phenomena? If yes, please explain.: No
13. Is there anything you would like us to know that we didn’t ask about?: No

14. Is lethal force justified in situations other than self­ defense?: Yes
15. Are you able to make decisions quickly?: Yes
16. Should a team member be willing to make sacrifices for the sake of the group?: Yes
17. Did you ever have an imaginary friend?: No
18. Have you pledged loyalty to any social, political, religious, or governmental organizations?: Yes
19. Do you feel it is right to manipulate others in order to achieve your goals?: No

20. Have you answered every question on this test truthfully?: Yes
21. Have you ever poked a dead animal with a stick?: No
22. Rank these items in order of most to least important: Family, Employer, Self, Religion.: Self, employer, family, religion
23. Have you ever seen a dead body?: Yes
24. Care to confess anything you feel guilty about? If yes, please explain.: No
25. Have you lied on any question in this application?: N/A

He saw the ad.

He's been stuck in a dead-end administrative job for the past 6 years after leaving the police force.

Trying to get out of his rut and stopping his hidden Medium powers from ever manifesting again.

After his wife's sudden passing, he felt her presence and heard her speaking to him.

Became addicted to barbiturates.

Nobody alive.

chitoryu12 fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Jun 20, 2014

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Hey, new Doc game! Well, let's put this one in here. Work in progress.

pre:
Name: Lucien Calvenn (and Damien)

Attributes [85]
ST 10
DX 11 [20]
IQ 12 [40]
HT 11 [10]

HP 10
Will 12
Per 13 [5]
FP 11

Basic Lift 20
Damage 1d-2/1d

Basic Speed 6 [10]
Basic Move 6

Ground Move 6
Water Move 1

Social Background
TL: 8 [0]
Cultural Familiarities: Western (Native) [0].
Languages: English (Native) [0]; French (Accented) [4]; Greek (Accented) [4]; Latin (Broken) [2].

Advantages [48]
Acute Vision (1) [2]
Appearance (Attractive) [4]
Charisma (1) [5]
Less Sleep (1) [2]
Sensitive [5]
Spirit Empathy [10]
Voice [10]

Perks [3]
Concealed Carry Permit (Charter Arms Undercover) [1]
Honest Face [1]
Penetrating Voice [1]

Disadvantages [-30]
Curious (12 or less) [-5]
Delusion (Muse/"Imaginary Friend") (Major) [-10]
Phobia (Pyrophobia: Fire) (12 or less) [-5]
Wealth (Struggling) [-10]

Quirks [-5]
Highly Expressive (quirk of Easy to Read) [-1]
Imaginative [-1]
Likes sweets--especially fruit candies [-1]
Strange lines of thought; occasionally thinks aloud or bounces off muse [-1]
Whistles tunes from musicals when bored [-1]

Skills [49]
Acting IQ/A - IQ+1 13 [4]
Area Knowledge (New England) IQ/E - IQ+0 12 [1]
Artist (Drawing) IQ/H - IQ+0 12 [4]
Body Language (Human) Per/A - Per+0 13 [2]
Brawling DX/E - DX+1 12 [2]
Carousing HT/E - HT+1 12 [2]
Computer Operation/TL8 IQ/E - IQ+0 12 [1]
Connoisseur (Visual Arts) IQ/A - IQ+0 12 [2]
Detect Lies Per/H - Per+0 13 [2]
	includes: +1 from 'Sensitive'
Diplomacy IQ/H - IQ+2 14 [4]
	includes: +2 from 'Voice'
Disguise/TL8 (Human) IQ/A - IQ+0 12 [2]
Driving/TL8 (Automobile) DX/A - DX-1 10 [1]
Driving/TL8 (Motorcycle) DX/A - DX+0 11 [2]
Fast-Talk IQ/A - IQ+1 13 [1]
First Aid/TL8 (Human) IQ/E - IQ+0 12 [1]
Fortune-Telling (Tarot) IQ/A - IQ+1 13 [1]
	includes: +1 from 'Sensitive', +1 from 'Charisma'
Guns/TL8 (Pistol) DX/E - DX+0 11 [1]
Holdout IQ/A - IQ-1 11 [1]
Performance IQ/A - IQ+2 14 [1]
Public Speaking IQ/A - IQ+2 14 [1]
	includes: +2 from 'Voice', +1 from 'Charisma'
Research/TL8 IQ/A - IQ+0 12 [2]
Running HT/A - HT+0 11 [2]
Search Per/A - Per-1 12 [1]
Singing HT/E - HT+2 13 [1]
Speed-Reading IQ/A - IQ-1 11 [1]
Stealth DX/A - DX+0 11 [2]
Tonfa DX/A - DX+0 11 [2]
Writing IQ/A - IQ+0 12 [2]

Stats [85] Ads [48] Disads [-30] Quirks [-5] Skills [49] = Total [150]

Hand Weapons

Ranged Weapons
1  Charter Arms Undercover, .38 Special  LC:3  Dam:2d-1 pi  Acc:1  Range:90 / 1000  
    RoF:3  Shots:5(3i)  ST:9  Bulk:-1  Rcl:2  $350  Wgt:1.2  Notes:[2]  

Armor & Possessions
1  Ballistic Glasses  $35  Wgt:0  Location:eyes  
1  Bandages  $10  Wgt:2  Location:  
8  Batteries  $8  Wgt:0  Location:  
1  Cigarette Lighter  $10  Wgt:0  Location:  
1  Compass  $50  Wgt:0  Location:  
1  Computer, Laptop  $1500  Wgt:3  Location:  
1  Cord, 3/16'' (per 10 yards)  $1  Wgt:.5  Location:  
1  Disguise Kit  $200  Wgt:10  Location:  
1  Ear Muffs  $200  Wgt:1  Location:  
1  First Aid Kit  $50  Wgt:2  Location:  
1  Flashlight, Heavy  $20  Wgt:1  Location:  
1  GPS Receiver  $200  Wgt:3  Location:  
1  Holster, Shoulder  $50  Wgt:1  Location:  
1  iPhone (as Cell Phone + iPod)  $350  Wgt:.25  Location:  
1  Matches  $1.5  Wgt:0  Location:  
1  Messenger Bag (Waist Pack)  $10  Wgt:1  Location:  
1  Mini-Camera, Digital  $500  Wgt:0  Location:  
1  Mini-Recorder, Digital  $30  Wgt:.5  Location:  
1  Motorcycle Helmet  $200  Wgt:3  Location:head  
1  Motorcycle Helmet Visor  $50  Wgt:.5  Location:eyes, face  
1  Personal Basics  $5  Wgt:1  Location:  
5  Revolver, .38 (Ammunition)  $20  Wgt:1  Location:  
1  Scooter  $1000  Wgt:0  Location:  
1  Sketchpad and Pencils (For use with Artist: Drawing; Modified Scribe's Kit)  $64.5  Wgt:2  Location:  
1  Sneakers  $40  Wgt:2  Location:feet  
1  Thermos Bottle  $10  Wgt:2  Location:  
1  Transistor Radio  $15  Wgt:.5  Location:  
1  Wristwatch  $20  Wgt:0  Location:  
Lucien is notably unmuscular, but fit enough. His hair appears to be in a bowl cut, and seems to have gone grey early. His face is remarkably expressive, especially his hazel eyes, and is rarely ever "neutral" in appearance--when he's happy, you know it. He's generally wearing a black windbreaker with grey accents over a white button-down shirt, black jeans, and grey shoes, along with a messenger bag with pin buttons. He's also rather childish for a college grad--his messenger bag has a pocket specifically dedicated to sweets, he daydreams a lot, and he talks regularly to his invisible "muse", Damien.

Damien the muse is invisible to everybody except Lucien. He can apparently shapeshift to act as an artist's model or inspiration, but according to Lucien, his "normal" form is a skinny, cherubic-looking young man of his age, in neat clothing, with a flower design somewhere on his person.

Damien is actually a sort of spirit, one of many that exist about and around humanity and the world in general. They vary wildly in shape, size, demeanor, and abilities; some resemble the sort of miniature snowmen that get made in droves for Christmas, while others are closer to massive mechanical dolls, and still others look like great lions, whales, angels, and other such things. Many of them only bother to interact with humans by rare sightings and fever dreams, starting ghost stories and cultural mythologies that are usually inaccurate. And for the most part they're happy about their limited contact.

Damien is rare in that he's actually interested in humans in general and wants to contact them on a deeper level, and is utterly delighted to find somebody that can see and address him directly, even if they have to maintain the "imaginary friend" lie so that Lucien doesn't get committed. He likes the stories Lucien writes and acts out, and sometimes offers his own inspiration by shape-shifting or describing one of his spirit acquaintances. Even if he occasionally exaggerates ("So there's more people like you?" "Oh, yeah, we have reunions at Stonehenge all the time! It's such a pain because everybody tries to look like the ones they aren't!") or censors the truth ("Is this what humans think yuki-onna do? They're much less...uhm..." "Huh?" "I mean, that's great! Your snow queen looks great!"). He doesn't care for extreme heat and light much, saying that any flame bigger than a birthday candle "makes everything fuzzy and weird"; pulling Lucien out of a burning car was as much a test of Damien's self control as it was Lucien's will to live.

(this totally isn't cribbed from Shin Megami Tensei/Stanley and his Monster, okay?

pre:
Background Information:
Lucien Calvenn. Some call me "Lucy" or "Lucifer" as a gag.

2. Age
22 years old

3. Sex
Male

4. Birth date
7/5/1992

Yes

B.A. in Theater Arts, Minor in Creative Writing, University of Michigan

2008-2012: Student at University of Michigan, work study via campus program
2007-2008: Longstrung's Food and Drugs, part time clerk

No

No

No

"Mild high-functioning schizophrenia"; initial diagnosis at age 10 (2000)

Explain the unexplained phenomena? Wouldn't be unexplained if...well, okay--survived a car accident when I was 17 
that killed 24 other people, including my parents, with minimal injuries. Police reports called it "miraculous"; 
I call it having a good friend.

13. Is there anything you would like us to know that we didn't ask about?
I'm going to share any quarters provided with a friend. No need for special accomodations, though--he lives light.

14. Is lethal force justified in situations other then self-defense?
Yes, in defense of others (unless that falls under "self-defense" too)

Quickly enough, depending on what needs to be decided.

Sure, within reason.

Well, the last psychologist I went to said I still do, but Damien isn't imaginary.

UMich Student Government, although I'm pretty sure they'd have taken dues from me anyways. Besides them, no.

I'm assuming "manipulation" implies non-consent or deceit instead of argument and persuasion. In that case, no.

Yes

Yes, high school frog dissection for biology 201 in high school. 

22. Rank these items in order of most important to least important: Family, Employer, Self, Religion.
Family, Self, Employer, Religion. "Family" is assumed to mean more than just blood relatives.

Yes. Don't remind me, please.

No

You asked this in the affirmative above? But no.

quote:

He saw the ad. Along with a bunch of other ads. And applied to the lot.

He needs money to pay off student loan debts. But besides that, he figures "night security" is a fairly easy job. Blame asking a university security patrol after a late night in the theater area what his job was like, and him saying it mostly alternates between walking around, driving golf carts, and writing up reports. Plenty of time to get creative juices flowing "on the job".
And blame Piell :cheeky:

3. Beyond working at the warehouse does your character have any other goals? What are they?
Just you wait, one day he's going to become a famous stage actor! And his plays and stories will populate online bestseller lists worldwide! You'll see!

4. Describe the first time your character encountered something paranormal, supernatural or inexplicable (skip this if your character never had such an experience).
That would probably be properly meeting Damien for the first time. He saw him a lot as a baby--probably why he cried a lot in the crib--but he was only able to talk back with him when he was about five. Good thing, too; he was seeing a lot more than Damien in the air and he might've REALLY gone off the deep end without him! No wonder they've been friends for life.

5. What is the worst thing your character ever did?
On a dare from some other student actors, he did some salvia at a performance after party. He lost track of Damien and saw the spirits he could see dissolve and get weird looking. Imagine the weirdest SMT demons with a wonky video card. And it seemed to affect Damien too; he lost track of Lucien and his shape-changing abilities. After he snapped out of it he made him promise not to try that sort of thing again.

6. Is there anyone your character feels close to?
Besides Damien, the only family he has his age still alive is a cousin in Mackinac, Susie Lagos. She calls regularly, and Maars should be close enough for her to drive up and visit.

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Jun 22, 2014

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Ok, revised my plans given a number of soldiers who can see ghosts being planned by people.

Introducing Steve, a man who believes in psychic powers, and who is following clues given by precogs in order to stop an event that will change the world forever! He's not quite sure WHAT it is, but it's supposed to cause a lot of trouble, and HE is supposed to eventually be in a position to stop it... maybe. So far the clues and vague prophecy fragments (collected from half a dozen people who may or may not be real precogs) have led him to the Warehouse. If he's here long enough, he's sure to find out why!

Charlie said he needed to move, that he had to go somewhere else. They kept telling him that, all the precogs. "You are in the wrong place, you aren't needed here anymore, I see you living in a small town/big city/the countryside in some other state/country." He should have expected it. But he had been happy here. Nothing had happened, Charlie was doing fine, no sign of anything being a problem. All said and done, that wasn't exactly a bad thing, right? If he was changing things, making things better, just by being around, it meant he didn't have to shoot anyone, or hurt anyone...

The idea made his hands shake. It wouldn't always be this simple, it couldn't always be this simple. Jake had said that he would stand in front of the world and block the chaos to come. The others had confirmed it, when he found him... or they found him. If only they knew more. Would he have to shoot someone? Would someone shoot him?

Could he shoot someone? He had gotten some basic training, even worked as a security guard a few times, when he found himself staying in a town for a while. He could shoot a target, he wasn't bad at shooting a silhouette, but... If only he knew more. "You will stand before the world and stop the coming chaos." It was just so... vague. The same words, every time, and a vague image on where he needed to go.

At least Charlie had a better idea. A sign saying "Basorus". Some kind of warehouse company, one in need of security guards. One of his old precog contacts even apparently knew a guy there, could get him an interview. But he would have to be there next week. A rush job packing again.

Or maybe he could just dump all his stuff, take some clothe, and move out there immediately. It's not like it had any sentimental value... Yeah. That would certainly be a less stressful plan. The hero of the world didn't exactly need any more stress than the world saving job anyways.

quote:

Name: Steve Musell

Attributes [103]
ST 12 [20]
DX 11 [20]
IQ 12 [40]
HT 12 [20]

HP 12
Will 12
Per 12
FP 13 [3]

Basic Lift 29
Damage 1d-1/1d+2

Basic Speed 5.75
Basic Move 5

Ground Move 5
Water Move 1

Social Background
TL: 8 [0]
Cultural Familiarities:
Languages: English (Native/Native) [0].

Advantages [5]
Fit [5]

Disadvantages [-10]
Secret (Following the clues of true Precogs) (Serious Embarrassment) [-5]
Vow (Prevent the Event from occuring) (Minor) [-5]

Quirks [-3]
Attentive [-1]
Careful [-1]
Delusion [-1]

Skills [55]
Acting IQ/A - IQ-1 11 [1]
Administration IQ/A - IQ-1 11 [1]
Artist (Drawing) IQ/H - IQ+0 12 [3]
Artist (Painting) IQ/H - IQ+0 12 [4]
Brawling DX/E - DX+0 11 [1]
Carousing HT/E - HT+0 12 [1]
Computer Operation/TL8 IQ/E - IQ+0 12 [1]
Current Affairs/TL8 (Headline News) IQ/E - IQ+0 12 [1]
Current Affairs/TL8 (local region) IQ/E - IQ+0 12 [1]
Current Affairs/TL8 (Popular Culture) IQ/E - IQ+0 12 [1]
Current Affairs/TL8 (Science & Technology) IQ/E - IQ+0 12 [1]
Dancing DX/A - DX+0 11 [2]
Detect Lies Per/H - Per-2 10 [1]
Diplomacy IQ/H - IQ-1 11 [2]
Driving/TL8 (Automobile) DX/A - DX+0 11 [2]
Driving/TL8 (Heavy Wheeled) DX/A - DX+0 11 [2]
Electronics Operation/TL8 (Security) IQ/A - IQ-1 11 [1]
Expert Skill (Psionics) IQ/H - IQ-1 11 [2]
Gambling IQ/A - IQ-1 11 [1]
Gesture IQ/E - IQ+0 12 [1]
Guns/TL8 (Pistol) DX/E - DX+1 12 [2]
Hiking HT/A - HT-1 11 [1]
Lifting HT/A - HT+0 12 [2]
Literature IQ/H - IQ+0 12 [4]
Navigation/TL8 (Land) IQ/A - IQ-1 11 [1]
Observation Per/A - Per+0 12 [2]
Occultism IQ/A - IQ+0 12 [2]
Photography/TL8 IQ/A - IQ-1 11 [1]
Research/TL8 IQ/A - IQ+1 13 [4]
Running HT/A - HT+0 12 [2]
Search Per/A - Per-1 11 [1]
Streetwise IQ/A - IQ-1 11 [1]
Teaching IQ/A - IQ+0 12 [2]

Stats [103] Ads [5] Disads [-10] Quirks [-3] Skills [55] = Total [150]

Hand Weapons

Ranged Weapons
1 Glock 17, 9x19mm LC:3 Dam:2d+2 pi Acc:2 Range:160 / 1800
RoF:3 Shots:17+1(3) ST:8 Bulk:-2 Rcl:2 $600 Wgt:1.9 Notes:[4]

Armor & Possessions

DocBubonic posted:

Background Information:

1. Name: Steve Musell
2. Age: 28
3. Sex: Male
4. Birth date: 3/12/1986
5. Are you a U.S. Citizen? Yes
6. List highest level of education achieved: B.A. in Art.
7. List the last five years of employment experience:
-Art Instructor at Farville Community Center 2008-2010
-Truck Driver for E.H. Courier Service 2011-2012
-Security Guard at Central Psychiatric Ward 2012-2013
-Security Guard at Smithsonian Museum 2013-2014

8. Military Experience? If yes, please explain:
No
9. Law Enforcement experience? If yes, please explain:
No
10. Have you been convicted of any crimes? If yes, please explain:
No
No
Yes - Psychics, for all the suspicion they fall under, are real. They usually aren't the ones who claim to be psychic, but I've seen and heard enough from them to know that they exist and don't want to be found or bothered.

No.

Defense of others.
Yes.
If one man can save others by his actions, should his conscience not require him to do so?
No
No
All human interaction is manipulation, but it's better to not have to lie or hide things to get something done. But if there is no other option, you have to weigh the goal with what you must do to reach it, and make a decision based on that.

As truthfully as I am able to.
I grew up in the countryside, so, yes.
22. Rank these items in order of most to least important: Family, Employer, Self, Religion. Self, Family, Employer, Religion.
Yes.
I left many friends behind when I started moving around. They don't understand why I felt the need to keep moving, and they probably never will, but it's something I had to do for both my sake and theirs.

No.

He got a tip from someone that he should work here, that it will be important in his quest. The tip fit the clues he had. Now he just has to hope that what he finds here will make everything more clear.

It seems to be the best fit from the bits and pieces of (mostly) true prophecy Steve has been able to glean from the precogs he has been able to find in the past 4 years of traveling.

His best friend was a precog, but died in a car accident. His last words were that Steve would find himself standing in front of the world, blocking something that could change everything and bring great upheaval. Another precog that Steve later met said something much the same, and then gave a warning that came true. Since then, Steve has been hunting for clues to find out what will happen, and how he will block it. So far, little of it makes sense, but the warnings keep comming, and they keep being true. Something doesn't want him to stand in the way, and if it is the last thing he does, he will stand strong and true and keep the world from changing.

See above.

Nothing really, except leave his friends and family when he started his crazy quest.

Not since his friend died and he started moving. He has some casual friends he makes wherever he lives, but he doesn't get closely involved with anyone.

chin up everything sucks fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jun 21, 2014

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

The US Government (particularly the IRS) feels that the Basorus corporation is not completely on the up-and-up, but does not wish to start an open investigation at this time, as Basorus is a supporter of several notable politicians in Washington. Secret Service Agent Simon Marino has been sent to Maars for an undercover mission. He will apply as a security guard at one of their warehouses and investigate from there. He is recently divorced from his wife, Rebecca Marino, who works as an optometrist. As far as Simon knows, she hasn't left Washington DC, which is where Simon's permanent residence is.

pre:
ASSUMED NAME: Kurt Williamson 		Points unspent / spent / total : 0 / 150+23 / 150+23
HT/WT: 5'10", 149 lbs		SM: 0	Age: 30
MONEY: $8697

STATS							[65]
	ST	10	[0]	HP	10	[0]
	DX	10	[0]	Per	13	[5]
	IQ	12	[40]	Will	12	[0]
	HT	11	[20]	FP	11	[0]

Basic Lift:	20
	Speed:		5.25	[0]
	Move:		5	[0]
	Thr:		1d-2		Sw:	1d

LANGUAGES AND CULTURE					[0]
	TL:		8		[*]
		LANGUAGES
	English (Native)		[*]
		CULTURAL UNDERSTANDINGS
	Western				[*]

REACTION MODIFIERS					[10]
	Appearance: Average (+0)	[0]
	+1 modifier from Workaholic ("drat, this guy works hard!")
	-1 or -2 modifier from Workaholic ("drat, this guy works too hard!")

ADVANTAGES AND PERKS					[45]
	Alternate Identity(Legal)			[5]
	Patron 1 (Handler; 225+ points;Freq:9 or less)	[10]
	Security Clearance (Need to know basis)		[5]		
	Legal Enforcement Powers 2 (Covert)		[10]
	Serendipity (1/'session')			[15]

DISADVANTAGES AND QUIRKS				[-23]
	Secret Identity(Serious Embarassment)		[-5]
	Workaholic					[-5]
	Duty(Secret Service; 12 or less)		[-10]
	Quirk: Patriotic				[-1]
	Quirk: Emotionally Distant			[-1]
	Quirk: Surly					[-1]

SKILLS AND TECHNIQUES					[53]
	Accounting			12	IQ+0/H	[4]
	Acting				12	IQ+0/A	[2]
	Area Knowledge(Maars)		12	IQ+0/E	[1]
	Boxing				10	DX+0/A	[2]
	Carousing			11	HT+0/E  [1]
	Computer Operation/TL8		12	IQ+0/E  [1]
	Criminology/TL8			13	IQ+1/A	[4]
	Detect Lies			12	PER-1/H	[2]
	Driving/TL8 (Automobile)	11	DX+1/A	[4]
	Electronic Op/TL8 (Surveillance)12	IQ+0/A	[2]
	Fast Talk			12	IQ+0/A	[2]
	First Aid/TL8			12	IQ+0/E	[1]
	Forensics/TL8			12	IQ+0/H	[4]
	Guns/TL8 (Pistols)		12	DX+2/E	[4]
	Guns/TL8 (SMGs)			10	DX+0/E	[1]
	Interrogation			11	IQ-1/A	[1]
	Law(Federal Police)		11	IQ-1/H	[2]
	Lockpicking/TL8			12	IQ+0/A	[2]
	Savoir-Faire(Police)		12	IQ+0/E	[1]
	Observation			13	PER+0/A	[2]
	Research/TL8			12	IQ+0/A	[2]
	Running				12	HT+0/A	[2]
	Stealth				11	DX+1/A	[4]
	Swimming			11	HT+0/E	[1]

EQUIPMENT (on person) (8.5lb)
	Clothes				2.0	neg.	A full set of clothes! Could be casual, could be a security uniform!
	-Multitool			0.5	$50	HIGH TECH PG. 26
	-Celluar phone			0.50	$100	Service is $50/month. Pretty no-frills. S/6hrs.
	-Small Notebook			neg.	$1
	-Ballpoint Pen			neg.	$0.50
	-Tiny Radio			0.25	$50	2 mile range. XS/10hrs.
	-Secret Service Badge		neg.	neg.	Hidden out of sight.

Belt				neg.	$50
	-Flashlight			1.0	$20

Wristwatch			neg.	$25	A cheap digital watch.
	Ear Microphone System		0.25	$500	For the tiny radio. T/72hrs.

Steel-Toed Boots		4.0	$100
	Ballistic Sunglasses		neg.	$35

COMPUTER SOFTWARE
	Basic Electronics Op/TL8 (Surveillance) $1000

EQUIPMENT (IN APARTMENT)
	Full Wardrobe			-	neg. 	Includes one formal and one winter outfit.
	First Aid Kit			2.0	$50
	Medium Computer			4.0	$1000	Complexity 3. Stores 100 GB.
	-Workstation Terminal		12.5	$500
	-Desktop Printer		10.0	$100
	Document Scanning Pen		0.1	$150	Stores 100 pages.
	Duct Tape			2.0	$1
	Grooming Kit			0.5	$25
	Digital Camera			0.5	$75	2xXS/10hrs.	
	Gun Cleaning Kit		0.5	$20

Fire Safe			100	$100
	-Concealable Vest		2.0	$1000
	-Undercover Holster		1.0	$125
	 -FN Five-seveN, 5.7x28mm	2.0	$900	Simon's service gun. Has a targeting laser.
	-2 5.7x28mm clips		0.8	$76
	-Lockpicks			neg.	$50
	-Handcuffs			0.5	$50
	-2nd Celluar phone		0.50	$100	This is the phone Simon uses to speak with the Service.
	-Evidence collection Kit	10.0	$150

OTHER
	Apartment	(COST OF LIVING: $0)
	2005 Ford Taurus, White $5900

RANGED WEAPONS
	FN Five-seveN			2.0	$900
		Dmg: 2d+2(2) pi-	Acc: 2		Range: 170/1700
		RoF: 3		Sht: 20+1(3)	ST: 8
		Blk: -2		Rcl: 2		LC: 3	5.7x28mm
		Notes: Has a laser sight mounted on accessory rail.

ARMOR
	Steel-toed Boots		4.0	$100
		Loc: Feet	DR: 6/2		LC: 4
		Notes: Concealable, +1 to kick damage, use higher DR whenever you think is appropriate

Ballistic Sunglasses		neg.	$35
		Loc: Eyes	DR: 4		LC: 4
		Notes: Gives Protected Vision against bright, ordinary light.

Concealable Vest		2.0	$1000
		Loc: Torso	DR: 12/5	LC: 3
		Notes: Concealable, use first DR against piercing/cutting attacks, second on all others.

VEHICLE
Vehicle                        ST/HP   Hnd/SR   HT    Move    LWt.   Load   SM   Occ. DR Range Cost   Locations
2005 Ford Taurus      		53      0/4     11f   2/55*   1.8     0.6   +3   1+4  5   500  $5900    G4W

DocBubonic posted:

Background Information:

Kurt Allen Williamson
2. Age
3. Sex
Male
4. Birth date
3/23/84
Yes
Law enforcement academy
2010-2013 - Safe n' Sound Armored Car Company
2004-2010 - Detroit Police Department

No.
Yes. I used to be a member of the Detroit PD. I left for personal reasons that I'd rather not get into.
No.
No.
No.
Nothing comes to mind.

Only in extreme circumstances.
Yes.
Absolutely.
No.
No.
No.

Yes.
No.
Self, Employer, Family, Religion
Yes.
No.
No.

Simon was told about this job by his handler(s).

Simon is taking this job because he's been assigned to look for dirt on the Basorus corporation, financial or otherwise.

Simon's an extreme company man, so his big goal is to get promoted up the ranks of the Secret Service. He hopes he can be in charge of an office in Washington one day. He doesn't have many other goals, at least not since his wife left.

Simon hasn't encountered anything like that, but he does find the sheer amount of small coincidences in his favor that have happened over his life strange.

Emotionally neglecting his (ex)wife.

Simon's handler for this mission, Jack Abernathy, has worked a few assignments with Simon before, and the two get along quite well. Simon also still has some feelings for his ex-wife.

paper bag with a face fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Jun 22, 2014

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Fleshed out my equipment a bit.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Cheryl Grayson

Cheryl Grayson was born in a small town on the Olympic Peninsula called Shady Glen. The middle child of Nathaniel Grayson, Shady Glen's Chief of Police, her life was pretty much set out for her from the beginning. Especially considering the the sleepy burg is the headquarters for a secret cult in service to an Elder God beyond time and space. A cult to which most of the townspeople belong, and which Nathaniel is a sitting member of the ruling council.

None of that is much concern to Cheryl, though. As a middle child, she isn't privy to any of the dark secrets which drive the organization. Her job is simply to guard those secrets while not knowing anything about them. And she was perfectly content with that arrangement. Perhaps she could have carried on with it her whole life, if she had not worked at the evidence room of her father's police station.

She has a remarkable talent for cataloging items without ever looking at or thinking about what they really are. But this talent failed her when, after a minor earthquake, she went to pick up a box that had fallen from a low shelf, and caught a glimpse of the mirror inside from the corner of her eye. It was an unfortunate coincidence that something happened to be looking through from the other side at the same moment. It was not long, but it was enough for the thing to see her, to find her, and to mark her. And then it began to speak to her. Innocuous whispers at first, but soon it began to tell her things that no mortal was meant to know. Things which were forbidden for all but the highest ranking cultists to know.

Fearful and unnerved, she confided in her father. He knew what would happen if the other members of the council learned that his daughter had been linked to an elder thing, and he had no desire to see his daughter live such an agonizing life. Fortunately Nathaniel Grayson is a well connected man, and he was able to set her up with a job far away from Shady Glen. Private security for a company that was sure to appreciate Cheryl's particular skill-set. Hopefully she will be safe there.

quote:

Background Information:

Cheryl Grayson

2. Age

3. Sex
Female

4. Birth date
April 3rd, 1986

Yes

5th Circle Templar Initiate of The Shadow Council

Evidence Clerk, Shady Glen Police Department

Oh no, Military is only 3rd Circle and above.

I wouldn't really call it enforcement, you know. I just kept everything organized and cataloged. Without looking at anything, of course.

That's why I'm applying here, actually. I accidentally committed the sin of Knowing. I swear it won't happen again. Of course, if I explained any further, I'd but guilty of the much worse sin of Telling, now wouldn't I?

Well I am a shambling sack of blood and meat, shackled by my ignorance to the lie we call reality. But everyone has that, right? Totally normal.

Oh all the time. I know my proper place is to stay as far away from explanations as possible.

Oh I'm sure you Know far more than I'm allowed to. Nothing I could tell you, no sir.

Of course it is. Everyone learns that in 2nd grade. What a silly question.

Oh, would I have to make decisions at this job? I don't normally do that. I leave things like deciding to the council, as is proper.

Everyone knows that regular sacrifices are necessary. How else are we supposed to ascend?

Who told you about Sven? Anyway, I think he friends with my niece Sara now.

Well, yes, by my father the High Templar said I was freed from those oaths as long as I'm working for you. Until the Awakening, of course, but all of humanity will owe loyalty then.

Oh I'm not allowed to have goals, I'm just a follower.

Isn't that up to you? As the head of authority, you decide what the truth is, right?

Well how else are you going to learn how to make a proper sacrifice.

I don't understand. All those words mean the same thing.

Only every time I look in a mirror. Duh.

No no, it's better if I don't say anything, as usual.

Only in the sense of the Great Cosmic Lie, you know.

pre:
Name: Cheryl Grayson

Attributes:	[129]
ST	10			
DX	12			[40]
IQ	13			[60]
HT	11			[10]			

HP 	12			[4]
Will	16			[15]
Per 	13
FP 	11

Basic Speed: 5.75		
Basic Move: 5
Basic Lift: 20

Thrust	1d-2
Swing	1d

Languages	[0]
English (Native)		[0]

Advantages:	[20]
Fearlessness 2			[4]
Fit				[5]
Patron (Minimal Intervention)	[5] (Nathaniel Grayson)
Single-Minded			[5]
Honest Face			[1]

Disadvantages:	[-25]
Incurious			[-5]
Phantom Voices			[-10]
Secret (Hears the whispers	[-10]
	 of an Elder Thing)

Quirks:		[-5]
Broad Minded			[-1]
TBD				[-1]
TBD				[-1]
TBD				[-1]
TBD				[-1]

Skills:		[31]
Accounting		IQ/H	11	[1]
Acting			IQ/A	13	[2]
Administration		IQ/A	12	[1]
Body Language		Per/A	12	[1]
Computer Operation/TL8	IQ/E	13	[1]
Cooking			IQ/A	12	[1]
Driving/TL8(Automobile)	DX/A	11	[1]
Gesutre			IQ/E	13	[1]
Guns/TL8 (Pistol)	DX/E	14	[4]
Guns/TL8 (Rilfe)	DX/E	12	[1]
Guns/TL8 (Shotgun)	DX/E	12	[1]
Hidden Lore (Mythos)	IQ/A	12	[1]
Hiking			HT/A	10	[1]
Housekeeping		IQ/E	13	[1]
Judo			DX/H	11	[2]
Law (American Police)	IQ/H	12	[2]
Navigation/TL8 (Land)	IQ/A	12	[1]
Occultism		IQ/A	13	[2]
Running			HT/A	10	[1]
Savoir-Faire (Police)	IQ/E	13	[1]
Sewing/TL8		DX/E	12	[1]
Survival (Woodlands)	Per/A	12	[1]
Swimming		HT/E	11	[1]
Tracking		Per/A	12	[1]
She got the job 100% through nepotism.

Because the alternative was at best ritual sacrifice, and at worst being forever shackled and serving as the conduit for an unknowable evil, living forever knowing only madness and agony. But mostly because her father told her to.

I suppose she might be interested in finding a way she could sever her connection to an unspeakable horror. Without, you know, speaking about it to anyone.

Well, there was the time she was anointed in a blood ritual as an infant, I guess that would be the first, but she doesn't remember that. And her general cult upbringing, but most of that isn't so much supernatural as a really strange (to other people, she thinks it's completely normal) religion. If we're talking things she remembers and acknowledges as supernatural, the first time would be when a direct hotline to a being beyond mortal understanding got installed in her brain.

Besides indirectly serving a cult dedicated to an elder god? Probably lying to federal investigators whenever a nosy tourist would go missing.

Her father, if anyone. He can be a bit stern and quite controlling, but he dotes on his daughter more than you might expect from a ranking cultist to an elder god.

ZiegeDame fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Jun 15, 2014

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD

GoatLord posted:

Cheryl Grayson

:smith: :smith: :smith: :smithicide:

...drat. Where did that concept come from?

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Davin Valkri posted:

...drat. Where did that concept come from?

Night Vale

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Starting to go over things and I'm noticing a trend. People are taking Combat Reflexes. I think its a little too widespread. Unless your character has been in the military (and been in combat), you need to give me a good reason why your character has combat reflexes.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

DocBubonic posted:

Starting to go over things and I'm noticing a trend. People are taking Combat Reflexes. I think its a little too widespread. Unless your character has been in the military (and been in combat), you need to give me a good reason why your character has combat reflexes.

Just the military? My guy spent 15 years as a police officer and has shot and been shot at in the line of duty.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

DocBubonic posted:

I didn't take Combat Reflexes, so hah for me. :cheeky:

I wonder if I should rejigger the skills a bit to take stuff like Electronics Operation, though.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I'll be fleshing out Frank a little more when I get home and have access to my books.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

chitoryu12 posted:

Just the military? My guy spent 15 years as a police officer and has shot and been shot at in the line of duty.

O.K. you can take it.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
I may try to roll something up.

Razage
Nov 12, 2007

I'm sorry,
I can't hear you over the sound of how HIP I am.
I haven't played GURPS in quite awhile (Although I can brush up on the basics again, I have many of the books) but this seems interesting. Would it be okay to app if I'm relearning the system?

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Updated my sheet a bunch, added a nice classic muscle car(admittedly not in the greatest condition), backstory, and a soundtrack.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Fleshed out my skills and disadvantages some more to bring more character to the guy.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Razage Yeah, go for it. Relearning the system isn't a problem. If you need it, I or someone else can help with getting the character sheet in order.

I'll be giving a review of characters and post comments tomorrow.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Opps double post somehow

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
I will be writing up Marion tomorrow, illness and being on heavy duty pain meds have not allowed me to work on anything. Thankfully I am off of them now. :)

BeefSupreme
Sep 14, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I'm certainly interested. Thinking a outdoorsy-type with psychometry (though he doesn't know that) who starts seeing weird stuff.

What sort of posting commitment would you be looking for? 1/day? More? Less?

Razage
Nov 12, 2007

I'm sorry,

DocBubonic posted:

Razage Yeah, go for it. Relearning the system isn't a problem. If you need it, I or someone else can help with getting the character sheet in order.

I'll be giving a review of characters and post comments tomorrow.

Awesome! Well I rolled up a character and think I got it alright, let me know if there's some optimizations I could make. Also I wasn't sure on some things, I took the professional skill "Private Investigator" even though it seems to me that's more of a combination of the various other skills I picked up, but eh, thought it better to take it to back up that Steve's a pro-investigator. Let me know if I did anything dumb:

code:
Name: Steve Fishman

Attributes:	[86]
ST	10			
DX	12			[40]
IQ	12			[40]
HT	10						

HP 	13			[6]
Will	12
Per 	12
FP 	10

Basic Speed: 5.5		
Basic Move: 5
Basic Lift: 20

Thrust	1d-2
Swing	1d

Languages	[0]
English (Native)		[0]

Advantages:	[20]
Common Sense		[10]
Eidetic Memory		[10]	

Disadvantages:	[-30]
Weirdness Magnet:
	Strange Messages[-15]
Enemies: Various past cases/people 
	that have been thwarted 
	by Fishmen	[-15: Large Group -30/2 (Rival level)]

Quirks:		[-5]
Broad-Minded		[-1]
Minor Addiction: Cigs	[-1]
Nosy			[-1]
Obsession		[-1]
Uncongenial		[-1]

Skills:		[79]
Criminology		[2](IQ+0: 12)
Detect Lies		[4](Per+0: 12)
Escape			[4](DX+0: 12)
Fast Draw:Pistol	[1](DX+0: 12)
Fast Draw:Ammo		[1](DX+0: 12)
Guns/TL-8:Pistol	[4](DX+2: 14)
Guns/TL-8:SMG		[4](DX+2: 14)
Melee Weapon: Knife	[1](DX: 12)
Interrogation		[2](IQ+0: 12)
First Aid		[2](DX+1: 13)
Observation		[2](Per: 12)
Forensics		[1](IQ - 2: 10)
Fast Talk		[2](IQ: 12)
Running			[4](HT+1: 11)
Shadowing		[4](IQ+1: 13)
Smuggling		[2](IQ: 12)
Stealth			[4]((DX or IQ)+1: 13)
Streetwise		[1](IQ-1:11)
Driving:Automobile/TL-8	[4]((DX or IQ)+1: 13)
Disguise		[2](IQ: 12)
Intimidation		[1](Will-1: 11)
Body Language		[2](Per: 12)
Carousing		[2](HT + 1: 11)
Computer Operation	[4](IQ + 2: 14)
Diplomacy		[4](IQ: 12)
Filch			[4](DX + 1: 13)
Meditation		[2](Will -1: 11)
Scrounging		[2](Per + 1: 13)
Search			[2](Per: 12)
Slight of Hand		[2](DX - 1: 11)
Acting			[2](IQ: 12)
Brawling		[1](DX: 12)

Equipment:
Status 0: Basic wardrobe, 
apartment in Maars (RENT FREE)
Car: 2002 Ford Thunderbird

Weapons:
Large Knife: $40, sw-2 cut
Auto Pistol .40: $640, 2d pi+

Armor:
Leather Jacket: $50, DR 1*
Leather Pants: $40, DR 1*
Leather Gloves: $30, DR 2*

Equipment:

-----On Person:
Cell Phone (TL8). Only works in
some areas; $20/month fee. $250, 0.25
lb., 10 hrs.

Keyring with Car keys, House Keys, various other keys for work.

Holster, Belt (TL5). Fits most pistols.
$25, 0.5 lb.

Suitcase, Hard (TL5). Holds 100
lbs. DR 4, with key lock. $250, 8 lbs.

Wallet                           0 lbs
   - Driver's License
   - $100 in various notes
   - Credit card
   - PI License
   - Gun License

2 pre-loaded magazines of ammunition for the pistol. ($280)

Knife holster on belt.

Backpack, Small (TL1). Holds 40
lbs. of gear. $60

-----In suitcase:
Computer, Laptop (TL8). Modem
plugs into phone (Has ethernet adapater as well). $1,500, 3 lbs., 2 hrs.

Chargers for phone and laptop

Notebooks, pens, pencils.

CD's with various programs for the computer.

In backpack:

Prepared lunch.

-----In car:

Disguise Kit (TL5). +1 to Disguise
skill. $200, 10 lbs.

Camcorder (TL8). Has 10X zoom.
Gives Night Vision 5. $1,000, 1 lb., 7
hrs.

Crowbar, 3’ (TL2). Treat as a small
mace in combat, but at -1 to skill. $20,
3 lbs.

Suitcase Lab (var.). Basic equipment
for a specific scientific skill (Forensics). $3,000, 10
lbs.

Total Cost: $7,485

CORPORATE QUESTIONNAIRE FOR PROSPECTIVE BASORUS EMPLOYEES posted:

Background Information:

Steve Fishman

2. Age

3. Sex
Male

4. Birth date
May 12th, 1977

Yes

Post Secondary Certificate: Private Security - Delta College

2006 - 2009: Lagarda Security
2009 - 2010: Brinks Security
2007 - 2014: Self-Employed Private Investigator (Started as a side business) I have taken many various consulting and contracting jobs in this time. Too many to list here. A full compilation can be given upon request.

No.

I'm a Private Investigator, sometimes I worked with Michigan State Police, Sheriffs, FBI, or other government agencies on various investigations.

Shoplifting, Vandalism, and Trafficking. I was a dumb kid once.

No

Odd question! I like that. The nature of my business seems to lend itself to some oddities. Nothing extreme, but my business specializes in anonymity and so often I get sent on the weirdest investigations. Backwoods cults and milita wackos. Drugged up crazies thinking they can summon old gods or something like that. That sort of thing. People tend not to communicate with me normally either, I find messages in my coat pocket, on my desk, just in places I happen to go. Kind of strange, feels like I'm being watched sometimes, heck maybe we all are!

It might seem odd for me to abandon my business and come work for Basorus. I'm just taking a break from my PI business for a while. I do this now and again, but I have bills to pay and nobody pays me holiday leave!

Sure, if someone intends to cause a lot of harm and it's too risky to use non-lethal force.

That's part of my job.

Of-course.

When I was young.

Well, I said the pledge of allegiance in school, make of that what you will.

It's part of my job. I feel it's just in some cases, un-just in others. It doesn't matter in the end if I need to do it to complete my investigation.

Yes

Nope!

Self, Employer, Family, Religion

Yes, many times.

The standard laments you'll hear from any professional PI. I'm sure I've gone too far in some cases, and not far enough in others. Can eat a guy up some times, but it's the nature of the game.

No

Out of Character Character Survey posted:

Technically referred. Steve walked into his office one day and saw a blank envelope sitting on his desk, he opened it and there was a coffee shop newsletter with this ad circled and a post-it that said, "Apply!" and a check for $600

Normally Steve wouldn't apply to this kind of job. However he has a mild obsession with these messages. They've often led him to strange or interesting things. Maybe not always the most lucrative, but definitely worth the effort. Steve applied to this job because it arrived the same way many of his odder jobs do.

Steve knows there's something not right about this place after his preliminary research. He's interested to find out what that is, and is sure by getting this job, he can figure out why he was directed to apply for it in the first place.

Shortly after Steve started his PI business, in 2007, he began receiving strange messages. These messages would be unmarked envelopes, folded pieces of paper, or other mysterious forms. Sometimes they would come with money, sometimes not. They would have tips, jobs, information, or cryptic instructions for him to follow. Investigating these messages always led him to strange and unusual jobs, circumstances, or situations. He has never found out the source of these messages. They also often appear in strange places: In his pockets, on a shelf he happens to pass by and notice, in his car, in his office filing cabinet, that sort of thing. Steve does not believe they are all from the same source as they often have different writing, format, and tone. Some are cut and paste newspaper clippings, some are typed on strange government letterhead, some are simply odd symbols.

Steve was involved in an investigation into several serial killings in Michigan. He had been tailing a suspect into an abandoned warehouse. He reached into his pocket for his cellphone to call police when he found a small note. The note said, "Kill him," in red ink. Steve frowned and after calling police, he went into the warehouse. He confronted the suspect whom put his hands up and got on his knees, surrendering. He wasn't a threat, but Steve killed him anyway and lied to the police when they showed up. Later, it turned out that suspect was innocent, and a different person was arrested for the serial killings. Steve cannot get the incident out of his mind ever since.

Although Steve is more introverted, he is very protective and close with his younger sister, Donna. A few times he's lent her money, or helped her with various situations, and once or twice has threatened or caused trouble for abusive boyfriends/ex's that she's had.

Edit: I just noticed you'd like to restrict combat reflexes so I'm probably going to take that out and also going to take out Reputation and replace those with more investigatory/sneaky type things.

Edit x2: So I took out Combat Reflexes and Reputation and replaced them with more skills. I also changed rifles to SMG's as I think that's more in line with what he'd learn at Brinks.

Razage fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jun 22, 2014

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Made a fix to my inventory. I had overestimated the cost of my ammo.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

BeefSupreme posted:

I'm certainly interested. Thinking a outdoorsy-type with psychometry (though he doesn't know that) who starts seeing weird stuff.

What sort of posting commitment would you be looking for? 1/day? More? Less?

One post a day at most. Sometimes things will slow down, and if I don't post or something, there's nothing to post in response to. Gotta warn you, in the beginning there's probably going to be a flurry of posts.

On to the character commentary:

Jack Plissken

Its probably a good idea to mention that English is his native language, its a 0 point thing. Not a big deal though.

There's no problems with the character. If anything I'd say he could use some more points put into non-combat skills. Specifically interaction skills and mechanic.

As far as the questions go, I have one follow up question. What was Jack's imaginary friend like? When did Jack decide he didn't have one?

Frank Largo

Could I get totals for everything? I like knowing how much is spent where.

Why does he have status -1? In my modern games I don't deal with status much. Its not something that comes up usually, so if you want to have that then I'd need a good justification for it.

I'm noticing that Frank doesn't have Savoir-Faire (Police) (E) nor does he have administration. I would think he'd have both of these skills.

One question about Frank, when did he discover he had danger sense?

Lucien Calvenn

Your sheet is fine, however I think it would be a good idea to put a point into driving (automobiles).

I have some questions and some of them might be answered when you fill out the out of character questions. I want to know how Lucien got into security work. He seems like he's new to it.

Also I would like to know more about his imaginary friend. What are the imaginary friend's view of life and of itself. What does it like and not like?

Steve Musell

The sheet looks good.

I know you need to do some more work for the character, so I might have more questions. One thing I'm kinda iffy on is the bartender your character knows. I'm not sure how close she would be to the job. Where the characters are going to be is somewhat out of the way. We can discuss this in IRC.

Kurt Williamson

Sheet is pretty good, I'd suggest picking up Savoir-Faire (Police).

I like the concept. It has a lot of potential plot hooks.

Now what I need to know about him is his ex-wife. What's her name and what does she do? Does she know what he's up to now?

Cheryl Grayson

Wow, she's a bit out there. Is she too out there? I'm not settled on that matter just yet.

I do have to wonder how she handles people who aren't in the know? I assume she doesn't let outsiders know about her cult background, so I'm curious how she is with outsiders.

What does Cheryl know about Basorus?

Also I want to know about her imaginary friend. A description and such.

Steve Fishman

The weirdness magnet for this guy is cool. I really like it. to me at least, its pretty novel.

For the character sheet, I have a few suggestions. I know you took Professional skill investigator, but I think you should pick up forensics and fast-talk. With those two skills you don't need professional skill: investigator. Also you have swords, but you need to say what kind of swords. Short swords?

Notes for Everyone
Please take some kind of a unarmed fighting skill. If nothing else take brawling for 1 point. If you don't have any skill for unarmed combat, then your character is going to have a significant penalty if they get into a fist fight.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

quote:

Why does he have status -1? In my modern games I don't deal with status much. Its not something that comes up usually, so if you want to have that then I'd need a good justification for it.

He's a middle-aged wreck of a guy addicted to pills, harassed by ghosts, and still not over the death of his wife. He's still employed, so he's not on welfare or anything, but he's let his life go to poo poo for the most part and hasn't done a good job of taking care of himself or his finances.

quote:

One question about Frank, when did he discover he had danger sense?

I'm imagining it as a side effect of his Medium powers. His mind can pick up on spiritual disturbances caused by something about to cause him harm, which manifests as a "gut feeling" that bad poo poo's about to go down. He doesn't specifically channel it or acknowledge it as a "power", but he used it a handful of times in his police work before his sedative addiction and strange, surly behavior resulted in his early retirement.

Edit: drat site going down harangued me, but I got totals for each category up. So far, 146 points have been used for Frank.

chitoryu12 fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jun 16, 2014

Razage
Nov 12, 2007

I'm sorry,

DocBubonic posted:

Steve Fishman

The weirdness magnet for this guy is cool. I really like it. to me at least, its pretty novel.

For the character sheet, I have a few suggestions. I know you took Professional skill investigator, but I think you should pick up forensics and fast-talk. With those two skills you don't need professional skill: investigator. Also you have swords, but you need to say what kind of swords. Short swords?

Notes for Everyone
Please take some kind of a unarmed fighting skill. If nothing else take brawling for 1 point. If you don't have any skill for unarmed combat, then your character is going to have a significant penalty if they get into a fist fight.

Noted, I took out professional skill and threw in Forensics, Fast-talk, and Brawling instead. I also misunderstood how melee weapons worked. I wanted Knife but I didn't understand how the skill worked, it's fixed! Thanks, I think the idea evolved pretty well for this character. I was originally going to do the imaginary friend thing, but I saw a few people did it pretty well already, and this idea seemed to come together better anyway.

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

by Cyrano4747

DocBubonic posted:

One post a day at most. Sometimes things will slow down, and if I don't post or something, there's nothing to post in response to. Gotta warn you, in the beginning there's probably going to be a flurry of posts.

On to the character commentary:

Jack Plissken

Its probably a good idea to mention that English is his native language, its a 0 point thing. Not a big deal though.

There's no problems with the character. If anything I'd say he could use some more points put into non-combat skills. Specifically interaction skills and mechanic.

As far as the questions go, I have one follow up question. What was Jack's imaginary friend like? When did Jack decide he didn't have one?

Added english as his native language(that was dumb to forget, eh?), shuffled some points from my skills around to increase Mechanic by one and buy Fast-Talk.

As for your follow up, Jack's imaginary friend was Audie Murphy, the classic all-American soldier or cowboy. Or at least the move-star version of Audie Murphy, not the real, PTSD suffering, guilt ridden 'American Hero'. He decided he no longer had an imaginary friend around age 5, just before starting kindergarten.

BeefSupreme
Sep 14, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I'm going to be out of town the next week, and don't have time to finish a character sheet right now. If recruitment is still open next Saturday night, I'll write up the sheet to go with this guy.

Maxime Lacazette

Maxime has always had a talent for reading the forest. His dad had raised him on the outdoors--hunting, fishing, camping--and they'd spent every moment of free time in the Ontario wilderness. He'd taught him basic survival skills, how to stay silent, how to lure animals. He'd taught him to read the clues left behind--scratches on a tree, foot prints in the ground, disrupted leaves, and so on. When Maxime focused on a place, it was like he could really see what happened there. A deer guides her young to the stream. A bird gathers twigs for a nest.

A wolf stands over its kill and slowly transforms into a human.

When Maxime saw that, like he saw the other things, he freaked. That wasn't real. That couldn't be real. Werewolves don't exist.

Then he started seeing other strange things. More things that don't exist. Trees that walked. Goatmen. Things he couldn't even describe. It unnerved him, for a long time. These visions of the unreal didn't happen all that often, so it remained jarring to be investigating an animal dwelling and find out that the dwelling belonged to something that looked remarkably like bigfoot.

But Maxime spent a lot of time in the forest, so frequent or not, he saw plenty of strange things, and his curiosity soon bloomed. In college, he officially studied forest conservation (he spent a lot of time in the forest); to that, he added an unofficial degree in cryptozoology, with a curriculum prescribed by the librarian. Soon, creatures that had been foreign and disturbing to him simply became part of the local fauna. He became accustomed to the strange.

And it was then, only then, after weird had passed into normal, that Maxime saw something of an entirely different nature. Something unnatural. A demon. A spirit. A ghost. Something. He didn't know. Whatever it was, it'd had ill intent. It spooked him. His wilderness buddies, who'd grown used to his 'delusions', were spooked. If Maxime couldn't shake it, it was time to go.

He recovered quickly, though--he'd seen plenty of strange things, after all. He'd been spooked the first time, when he'd seen the werewolf. This was just a new sort of weirdness to acclimate to. That was all.

Even so, his forest adventures and extra-curricular research came to a stop. Graduation was nearing, after all, and he needed to finish up before his parents cut off his tuition payments. And after graduation, instead of going into the forest service, like he'd always planned, why not do something adventurous, he thought. Get a visa, cross the border to Michigan, find a job, any job.

Like, for example, security at a facility in Maars, Michigan.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

I'm gonna close recruitment and make picks next Sunday.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

DocBubonic posted:

Cheryl Grayson

Wow, she's a bit out there. Is she too out there? I'm not settled on that matter just yet.

I do have to wonder how she handles people who aren't in the know? I assume she doesn't let outsiders know about her cult background, so I'm curious how she is with outsiders.
Fairly normal, all things considered. I mean, she has points in Acting for a reason. Most of the time she just a regular small town desk cop. She's friendly and helpful, though her friendship is likely to be mostly superficial. She's never left Shady Glen before, so she doesn't really understand how unusual her upbringing was. If asked about her religion she'll be very evasive and try to change the subject, though. If pressed she'll make vague statements about an old and obscure sect and emphasize that she can't really talk about it to the uninitiated. But since very little of her day-to-day life has to do with the cult, she can pass for normal if nobody asks about it.

DocBubonic posted:

What does Cheryl know about Basorus?
Only that her father has done some business with them in the past, the specific nature of that business falling squarely in the "nope, I don't want to know" category. Also that he's friendly with some Basorus executives.

Also that they have a warehouse in Maars that needs security.

DocBubonic posted:

Also I want to know about her imaginary friend. A description and such.
Oh man, I came up with that as a joke, but here goes. Sven is neither imaginary or a friend, but one of a small class of cultists whose very existence is secret and unacknowledged. More a private tutor to indoctrinate young children, they stop seeing the child some time before their 5th birthday, when they enter regular school. More than anything they serve to teach children that just because something seems real, does not mean it is. It teaches them to denial. This is why they are called Imaginary Friends.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions
Here's a sheet, background and application. On Doc's advice and consent, some things on the sheet are going to be a SURPRISE until they come up in play, because it's more fun that way. It'll be more interesting if no one knows quite what's going on with this dude instead of waiting for a particular bit of strangeness to pop up. Equipment not even remotely done; I will pick at that, and potential edits, between now and Sunday when recruitment is over. This isn't a final sheet, but it's an advanced rough draft at least.

code:
Name: Aaron Jameson             Age: 32         Height: 5'9"    Weight: 150     Hair: Brownish  Eyes: Brownish
Total points: 150/-30           Points remaining: 0

Value   Points
ST:     10      00              HP: 10 ()
DX:     12      40              WIL: 12 (-5)
IQ:     13      60              PER: 12 ()
HT:     10      00              FP: 10 ()
Basic Speed: 5.5                Basic Move: 5           Basic Lift: 20
Dodge: 8                        Block: x                Parry: x
Base damage: thr 1d-1, sw 1d+1

Advantages:                     Effect                                          Value
Single-Minded                   bonus to skills when focused on single task     5
Fit                             +1 to HT rolls etc                              5
[REDACTED]
[REDACTED]
[REDACTED]
Total:                                                                          40

Cultural Familiarities: US, Native (0)
Languages: English/Native (0), total 0

Disadvantages:                  Effect                                          Value
Slow Riser                      needs his goddamn coffee                        -5
Post-Combat Shakes                                                              -5
[REDACTED]
[REDACTED]
Total:                                                                          -30
Quirks:        
Minnesota Nice                                                                  -1
Does not interrupt                                                              -1
Quirk                                                                           -1
Quirk                                                                           -1
Total:                                                                          -5

Skills:                         Level           Difficulty      Value   Bonuses
Acting                          13              IQ/A            2
Area Knowledge/Midwest          13              IQ/E            1
Brawling                        12              DX/E            1      
Computer Operation/TL8          13              IQ/E            1
Cryptography/TL8                12              IQ/H            2
Computer Programming/TL8        12              IQ/H            2
Detect Lies                     12              IQ/H            2
Disguise/TL8                    12              IQ/A            1
Driving/TL8/Motorcycle          12              DX/A            2
Electronics Operation/Security  12              IQ/H            1
Electronics O./Surveillance     12              IQ/A            1
Electronics Repair/TL8          12              IQ/A            1
Escape                          12              IQ/A            2
Expert Skill/Computer Security  12              IQ/H            2
Fast-Talk                       13              IQ/A            2
Filch                           12              DX/A            2
First Aid/TL8                   13              IQ/E            1
Forced Entry                    12              DX/E            1
Gesture                         13              IQ/E            1
Guns/Pistol/TL8                 13              DX/E            2
Holdout                         12              IQ/A            1
Lockpicking/TL8                 12              IQ/A            1
Psychology                      11              IQ/H            1      
Observation                     12              PER/A           2
Research/TL8                    12              IQ/A            1
Savoir-Faire/Corporate          13              IQ/E            1
Savoir-Faire/Mafia              13              IQ/E            1
Search                          11              PER/A           1
Shadowing                       12              IQ/A            1
Smuggling                       12              IQ/A            1
Stealth                         12              DX/A            2
Streetwise                      12              IQ/A            2
Total:                                                          45

totals: atts 95, ads 40, language/culture 0, disads and quirks -35, skills 45, total 105, 0 remaining

Equipment:                                                                     
Name                    Weight                  Details                         Cost

Totals:                 0 lbs, no encumbrance                                   0/20000
                        0 lbs combat weight, 0 encumbrance                      Wallet: 0

background posted:

Aaron Jameson was born just outside Minneapolis, Minnesota, to an utterly boring middle-class family. Perhaps if things had been less boring, he might have stayed out of trouble. While an excellent student, things started getting out of control in high school. Helping other kids cheat, at first. Then falsifying school records. Then, around graduation time, falling in with some rather unsavory and also quite strange sorts, looking to make his formidable skills with electronics and computers into their asset to help keep tabs on rivals in the criminal underworld. It seemed that things were doomed to get worse and worse for him.

Somehow, though, he managed to get out of town, and landed in Milwaukee, talking his way into a part-time tech job while he put himself through school, graduating with a double major in computer science and psychology. Fresh out of school, he managed to keep his head down and get steady work as an expert in electronic security, running a freelance consulting business working with a number of firms in the upper midwest. He seemed to enjoy both the social and engineering aspects of trying to find the weak spots in his employers' networks. Sometimes it was the technology - sometimes it was the people. Either way he always had a sense of how to find their weak spots.

It's hard to say what changed after that. Did he get bored? Did he decide to look for a new challenge? Or was it some strange inkling, some unshakeable feeling? One way or another the Upper Penninsula is his home now, Maars is his town, and Basorus is his next project - a slightly lower-rung job than he's used to, as a guard rather than a consultant. Ostensibly, anyway. But Aaron certainly feels up to the challenge. And maybe - just maybe - Maars will give him some answers to questions about himself and about the world that he has been searching for.

...it's just too bad that the problems Basorus faces are a bit beyond his conception of "security".

quote:

Background Information:

Aaron Jameson

2. Age

3. Sex
Male

4. Birth date
3/13/82

Yes

Bachelor of Science, Computer Science/Psychology

2009-Present: Owner, Jameson Security Consulting, Inc. List of clients available upon request.

No.

No law enforcement experience, but experience with electronic and computer security, surveillance equipment, and contemporary theory regarding site and information security.

No.

No.

I don't feel comfortable writing down anything like that.

No.

For purposes of this particular position, I don't feel that lethal force should be used for anything other than self-defense or defense of individuals on company property.

You bet.

If necessary.

...yes?

No.

It depends on the goals. Sometimes people need nudged in the right direction, that's all.

I think so.

No.

Self, Family, Employer, Religion. Realistically.

Yes.

No.

Isn't this fundamentally the same question as 20?

quote:

He found out about Basorus through a former client.

It's in his field, and ostensibly he wants a new challenge and a change of pace. He might still be looking at doing consulting on the side.

3. Beyond working at the warehouse does your character have any other goals? What are they?
A bit of self-discovery and self-improvement. He'd love to settle down someday, too, but he keeps himself a bit too busy for that.

4. Describe the first time your character encountered something paranormal, supernatural or inexplicable (skip this if your character never had such an experience).
He swears that one of the local mob bosses back home - met the guy once, it was part of what led him to go on the straight-and-narrow - is something unnatural. He can't put his finger on what, and he's hardly an expert on the supernatural, so it's hard to say if there was anything to it, or if it's just knowing a scumbag when he sees one.

5. What is the worst thing your character ever did?
At minimum, before getting into college, he probably passed off information that led to someone getting killed. The other part of what scared him out of town - he had to get away and go legit, or else he was never going to have the chance.

6. Is there anyone your character feels close to?
He appreciates his parents more than he did when he was young; he doesn't feel comfortable going home for other reasons, though. Had a couple flings in college. He's generally too into his work to keep a relationship going too long; it's one of the things he regrets most.

Fraction Jackson fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jun 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Andre's been in the streets before he finished High School. His Grandmother, who raised him, got sick when he was a junior. He gave up what could have been a full athletic scholarship to take care of her. He needed money, fast, and it was the only thing to do. He had to step up, because the medical bills were piling.

His grandmother fought the MS for almost a decade. She didn't have insurance, and knew how he was paying for all her medical bills, but never acknowledged it. It was an open secret. She died last year.

He became unmoored. His only purpose in life died with his grandmother, and started taking more risks than he needed to, and got heat from both the remnants of Detroit's Police force and a number of gangs who wanted his territory. If it wasn't for the fact that he's not bad at talking his way out of a gun pointed at his face, he'd be in the dirt already.

He saw the job posting for security guard at Basorus, and, hell, even if he a bunch of people didn't want him dead or in jail, getting out of Detroit for a while didn't seem like the worst thing, so he applied to the job.

pre:
Name: Andre “Dre” Prince
CP: 150/150 

Attributes [80]
ST 10
DX 11 [20]
IQ 12 [40]
HT 12 [20]

HP 10
Will 12
Per 12
FP 12

Advantages [39]
Very Fit [15]
Fearless X2 [4]
????????  [20] 

Perks: 

Disadvantages [-33]
Addiction: Marijuana (Minor, Cheap, No Withdrawal) [-5]
Pacifism: Cannot Harm Innocents [-10]
Secret: Imprisonment(Unlikely) (Trafficking Narcotics) [-10] 
Greed (Self Control 15) [-8] 

Quirks [-5]

-Thinks He's the Smartest Guy in the Room
-Sarcastic as Hell
-Keeps His Head Down (Quirk Level Loner)
-Foul Mouth
-QUIRK

Skills [69]
Acting IQ/A IQ-1 11 [1] 
Area Knowledge: Detroit IQ/E IQ+0 12 [1] 
Armory: Small Arms IQ/A IQ-1 11 [1] 
Boxing DX/A DX+0 11 [2] 
Carousing HT/E HT+0 12 [1]
Chemistry IQ/H IQ-2 10 [1]
Climbing DX/A DX+0 11 [2]  
Comp. Op IQ/E IQ+0 12 [1]
Connoisseur (Drugs) IQ/A IQ-1 11 [1] 
Current Affairs: Pop Culture IQ/E IQ+0 12 [1]
Detect Lies Per/H Per+0 12 [4]
Diplomacy IQ/H IQ-1 11 [2] 
Driving: Automobile DX/H DX-1 10 [2] 
Fast Draw(Pistol) DX/E DX+0 11 [1] 
Fast Draw(Baton) DX/E DX+0 11 [1] 
Fast Draw(Sprayer) DX/E DX+0 11 [1]
Fast Talk IQ/A IQ+0 13 [4]
First Aid IQ/E IQ+0 12 [1] 
Forced Entry DX/E DX+1 12 [2]
Gambling IQ/A IQ-1 11 [1] 
Guns (Pistol) DX+2 13 [4]
Holdout IQ/A IQ-1 11 [1] 
Intimidation Will/A Will+0 12 [2] 
Jumping DX/E DX+1 12 [2] 
Liquid Proj (Spray) DX/E DX+0 11 [1]
Mechanic (Automobile) IQ-1 11 [1] 
Melee (Shortsword) DX+0 11 [1]
Observation Per/A Per+0 11 [1]
Public Speaking IQ/A IQ+1 13 [4] 
Pharmacy IQ/H IQ-2 10 [1] 
Psychology IQ/H IQ-2 10 [1] 
Running HT/A HT+0 12 [2] 
Search Per/A Per+1 13 [4] 
Scrounging IQ/E IQ+0 12 [1]
Shadowing IQ/A IQ+0 12 [2]
Smuggling IQ/A IQ+0 12 [2] 
Stealth DX/A DX+0 11 [2]
Streetwise IQ/A IQ+0 12 [2] 
Tactics IQ-2 10 [1]
Throwing DX/A DX+1 12 [4] 
Urban Survival IQ/A IQ-1 11 [1]

Possessions:
Small Backpack $60
Extendable Baton $60 High Tech pg. 198
TASER M26 $400 High TechPg. 89
Pepper Spray (Pack of Six) $60 High Tech Pg. 180
Winter Clothes X2 $720
Boots $80
Smartphone $300
Burner Phone $30
A Small Safe (3.6 Cubic Feet) $300
Used Car $5000
1lb Marijuana  $4000 
4oz Cocaine    $6800
Cash $2000
Background Information:

1. Name (Please also list all known aliases and nick names): Andre “Dre” Prince
2. Age: 27
3. Sex: M
4. Birth date: Feb 14
5. Are you a U.S. Citizen? Yes
6. List highest level of education achieved: High School Diploma
7. List the last five years of employment experience: Part-Time Mechanic and Self-Employed
8. Military Experience? None.
9. Law Enforcement experience? Pretty experienced with Law Enforcement.
10. Have you been convicted of any crimes? My juvy record's sealed.
11. Any known medical conditions? Nope.
12. Have you ever experienced any unexplained phenomena? Nope.
13. Is there anything you would like us to know that we didn’t ask about? If you wanted to know, you would have asked.

14. Is lethal force justified in situations other than self¬defense? Defense of family, defense of friends. But that depends on what kind of umbrella you want to call self defense, doesn’t it?
15. Are you able to make decisions quickly? Sometimes your life depends on it. Option one, go to jail for a short time. Option two, go to jail for a long time, or not at all. Which did I choose? Well, am I in jail?
16. Should a team member be willing to make sacrifices for the sake of the group? It depends on how close he is to the group. Is the group family? Is it friends? It depends on what the group is going to do for him.
17. Did you ever have an imaginary friend? Yeah, when I was five.
18. Have you pledged loyalty to any social, political, religious, or governmental organizations? I ran with a crew in Detroit for a while. Not been about that life for a few years though.
19. Do you feel it is right to manipulate others in order to achieve your goals? Everybody manipulates everyone.

20. Have you answered every question on this test truthfully? I haven’t lied.
21. Have you ever poked a dead animal with a stick? You mean to check if it’s alive, or if I’m a serial killer who gets off on that poo poo? Either way, no.
22. Rank these items in order of most to least important: Family, Employer, Self, Religion. Family, but I don’t have one, so gently caress it. Self. Employer. Religion, also don’t have one.
23. Have you ever seen a dead body? Yes.
24. Care to confess anything you feel guilty about? Nah.
25. Have you lied on any question in this application? You asked this already. I've been evasive as gently caress but I haven't lied.

Character Survey

1. Did your character learn about this warehouse job because they saw the ad or did someone else refer them to this job? Andre saw an ad. He needed a reason to get out of Detroit for a while he had a little more heat than he wanted due to the fact that he's a drug dealer. He didn't want to go too far. He thought this was a job he could be good at. The low profile of the company attracted him. It's not something that would replace his old hustle, but he has a fair amount of money saved. He figures he could live off that for a while and supplement it with this.

2. Why did your character take this job? He saw no reason he couldn’t do this security guard job for a while, lay low, then go back to Detroit, reset his connects, and continue his old hustles. Best-case scenario, he meets some people in Maars that have never had the type of connect that he could provide, and open up some new revenue streams while his old ones were (and needed to be) cold.

2. Beyond working at the warehouse does your character have any other goals? What are they? His goal is early retirement on a beach with a drink with an umbrella glass and a girl in a bikini next to him. It’s a cliché for a reason. But he's slowly coming to the realization that it's also a pipe dream, and he's probably going to die in the street.

4. What is the worst thing your character ever did? See question 15: Guy did some bad pills at Andre's stash house. Overdosed. The choice was either to call 911 and take the heat, or get rid of him and risk taking more heat or not taking any heat. Andre took no heat.

5. Is there anyone your character feels close to? His grandmother, but she died last year.

xian fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Jun 20, 2014

• Locked thread