Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

pre:
Name: Jacob Barnes     
Height: 6'1"  
British ex-soldier turned househusband.

Attributes [80]
ST 10
DX 12 [40]
IQ 12 [40]
HT 10

HP 10
Will 12
Per 12
FP 10

Basic Lift 20
Damage 1d-2/1d

Basic Speed 5.5
Basic Move 5

Advantages [40]
??? [20]
Combat Reflexes [15]
Fit [5]

Disadvantages [-15]
Dependent (Kids) (No more than 25%) (6 or less; Loved one) [-10]
Dependent (Wife) (No more than 50%) (6 or less; Loved one) [-5]

Quirks [-5]
Dislikes: Breaking the rules    "Well, they must have them for a good reason."
Talks about his kids a lot      "Have I told you about my little angels?" 
Always keeps his phone on him   "The wife likes to check in from time to time. I don't want to miss a message." 
Humble                          "Being a soldier, husband and father gets you used to putting the safety of others before your own."

Skills [50]
Area Knowledge (South England) IQ/E - IQ+0 12 [1]
Armoury/TL8 (Small Arms) IQ/A - IQ+0 12 [2]
Brawling DX/E - DX+1 13 [2]
Climbing DX/A - DX-1 11 [1]
Computer Operation/TL8 IQ/E - IQ+0 12 [1]
Cooking IQ/A - IQ-1 11 [1]
Diplomacy IQ/H - IQ+0 12 [4]
Driving/TL8 (Automobile) DX/A - DX+0 12 [2]
Driving/TL8 (Heavy Wheeled) DX/A - DX-1 11 [1]
Fast-Draw (Pistol) DX/E - DX+1 13 [1]
	includes: +1 from 'Combat Reflexes'
First Aid/TL8 (Human) IQ/E - IQ+0 12 [1]
Forced Entry DX/E - DX+0 12 [1]
Gesture IQ/E - IQ+0 12 [1]
Guns/TL8 (Pistol) DX/E - DX+1 13 [2]
Guns/TL8 (Rifle) DX/E - DX+0 12 [1]
Guns/TL8 (Shotgun) DX/E - DX+0 12 [1]
Guns/TL8 (Submachine Gun) DX/E - DX+0 12 [1]
Hiking HT/A - HT+0 10 [2]
Housekeeping IQ/E - IQ+0 12 [1]
Knife DX/E - DX+1 13 [2]
Mechanic/TL8 (Automobile) IQ/A - IQ-1 11 [1]
Navigation/TL8 (Land) IQ/A - IQ-1 11 [1]
Observation Per/A - Per-1 11 [1]
Running HT/A - HT+0 10 [2]
Savoir-Faire (Military) IQ/E - IQ+0 12 [1]
Search Per/A - Per+0 12 [2]
Sewing/TL8 DX/E - DX+0 12 [1]
Soldier/TL8 IQ/A - IQ+0 12 [2]
Stealth DX/A - DX+1 13 [4]
Swimming HT/E - HT+0 10 [1]
Throwing DX/A - DX-1 11 [1]
Tracking Per/A - Per-1 11 [1]
Wrestling DX/A - DX+0 12 [2]
Writing IQ/A - IQ-1 11 [1]

Stats [80] Ads [40] Disads [-15] Quirks [-5] Skills [50] = Total [150]

Equipment

On person
Ordinary clothes                 2 lbs
Boots                            3 lbs. Feet DR:2
Belt                             0 lbs 
Car keys                         0 lbs
Cell phone + digital camera      0 lbs
Wallet                           0 lbs
   - Driver's License
   - $50 in various notes
   - Credit card
   - Photo of wife and kids

Suitcase
       - Grooming kit (Contains: Razor, toothbrush, aftershave, soap etc.)    0.5 lbs   
       - Five spare changes of Ordinary Clothes                               10 lbs
       - Winter clothes                                                        2 lbs
       - Smart suit                                                            2 lbs
       - Smart shoes                                                           2 lbs 
       - Sunglasses                                                            0 lbs
       - Phone + Laptop Chargers                                              .5 lbs     
       - Laptop                                                                3 lbs
       - Towel                                                              0.25 lbs
       - Umbrella                                                              1 lb 
       - Framed family photos                                                  1 lb        

1999 Ford Crown Victoria
       - Sat Nav                              1 lb
       - Small first aid kit                  l lb
       - Portable Mechanic tool kit          20 lbs                                            

quote:

Born in Suffolk, England to middle-class parents, who divorced some years later, Jacob Barnes has led a fairly normal life by most standards. He earned above average marks in school, but never attented college. And he worked various jobs in his late teens for many years before joining the military shortly after his father remarried and his mother passed.

He served six years in the British Army and it was during that time that he met his future wife, an American medic called Sarah. 'Love at first sight' is a good way to describe it. Their time with the army ended within days of eachother, so when Sarah left for America, Jacob went with her.
After gaining citizenship, they settled down just outside of Grand Rapids, got married and had twin daughters before the year was through. His wife earned a high-paying job at a hospital in the city and Jacob took on the unconventional role of househusband, providing a drastic change to where he had been only a few months before.

Times got tough and Jacob's wife got laid off due to cutbacks. No longer able to just sit by as the stay-at-home-dad, Jacob began searching again for any job a military background could get him, eventually finding the security job in Marrs.
To save some money, his wife and children moved in with her parents in Grand Rapids when Jacob left for his new job. He doesn't like the distance between him and his family, but they all know it's neccesary and only temporary. Depending on how things go, he can move them closer after a few paychecks or he'll be moving back himself if Sarah finds another full time job of her own.

Whatever the future holds, he hopes to not be away from his girls for long. At least this security gig looks simple enough.

quote:

CORPORATE QUESTIONNAIRE FOR PROSPECTIVE BASORUS EMPLOYEES

Please answer questions to the best of your ability and answer truthfully. For all questions where you do not have an answer, please put N/A. All applications are kept confidential.

Background Information:

1. Name (Please also list all known aliases and nick names)
Jacob Barnes

2. Age

3. Sex
Male

4. Birth date
31/08/1975

5. Are you a U.S. Citizen?
Yes, duel citizenship with the U.K

6. List highest level of education achieved.
GCSEs at grades A*–C.

7. List the last five years of employment experience
2010 - 2014 - Main carer for my children.
2004 - 2010 - British Army. 1st Battalion, Royal Anglian Regiment.

8. Military Experience? If yes, please explain.
Yes. 6 years with the Royal Anglian Regiment. Served in both Afghanistan and Iraq.

9. Law Enforcement experience? If yes, please explain.
No

10. Have you been convicted of any crimes? If yes, please explain.
No

11. Any known medical conditions?
No

12. Have you ever experienced any unexplained phenomena? If yes, please explain.
No

13. Is there anything you would like us to know that we didn’t ask about?
No

Personality Assessment Questions:

14. Is lethal force justified in situations other than self­ defense?
Only if it is to protect an innocent individual's life, or multiple lives.

15. Are you able to make decisions quickly?
Yes.

16. Should a team member be willing to make sacrifices for the sake of the group?
Depends on the sacrifice.

17. Did you ever have an imaginary friend?
Not that I can recall.

18. Have you pledged loyalty to any social, political, religious, or governmental organizations?
Just the army and that's long over now.

19. Do you feel it is right to manipulate others in order to achieve your goals?
Depends on the goal. And the person. Depends on a lot of things really.

Motivational Response questions

20. Have you answered every question on this test truthfully?
Yes.

21. Have you ever poked a dead animal with a stick?
No.

22. Rank these items in order of most to least important: Family, Employer, Self, Religion.
Family, Self, Employer, Religion

23. Have you ever seen a dead body?
Yes.

24. Care to confess anything you feel guilty about? If yes, please explain.
No.

25. Have you lied on any question in this application?
Again: No.

quote:

Out of Character Character Survey

These are questions for the player to answer about their characters.

1. Did your character learn about this warehouse job because they saw the ad or did they get referred to this job by someone else?
Jacob saw an ad.

2. Why did your character take this job?
His family needs the money and he felt his military experience would help his chances at getting accepted. Plus the job's not too far from Grand Rapids, where his family live.

3. Beyond working at the warehouse does your character have any other goals? What are they?
Just to earn a paycheck to keep his family comfortable back home. Either he'll move back home, if his wife finds another job, or he'll see about moving them closer to work.

4. Describe the first time your character encountered something paranormal, supernatural or inexplicable (skip this if your character never had such an experience).

5. What is the worst thing your character ever did?
Killed people. But the army told him to.

6. Is there anyone your character feels close to?
His wife and two daughters. Some family back in England, but contact with them is practically non-existant.

A Velociraptor! fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jun 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.
Eric Hale
Eric Hale was born and brought up in southeastern New Hampshire, and he never thought he'd end up as a
security guard out in the middle of nowhere in Michigan. All his life he had wanted to follow in his father's
footsteps and become a cop. He started college with a major in Criminal Justice, but had to drop out after
two years when his father was diagnosed with cancer. He became a security guard to help pay the bills, and
after his father died he stayed in that field. However, it's been a rough road for Eric. Several times, he's
had hunches about robberies or incidents, which were accurate enough that at least one former employer tried
to get his charged with collusion in a robbery. Since Eric genuinely wasn't involved, no charges were made,
but it's not something he likes to talk about. When he saw the job posting for a well-paid position out in the
midwest, Eric thought that a change of scenery might be exactly what he needed.

pre:
Eric Hale
[148/-30]
Attributes: [105]
ST: 11 [10]    HP: 11
DX: 12 [40]   Will: 12 
IQ 12 [40]      Per: 12 
HT: 11 [10]     FP: 11

Damage: 1d-1 Thrust, 1d+1 swing.
Basic Speed: 6 [5]
Basic Move: 6
Basic Lift: 24

English (Native/Native) [0]

Advantages: [36]
Fit [5]
Danger Sense [15]
Intuition [15]
Concealed Carry Permit [1]

Disadvantages: [-30]
Chronic Pain (Migraines, Mild -2, 2 hours, 9 or less) [-5]
Honesty [-10]
Pacifism (Reluctant Killer) [-5]
Secret (Embarrassment, was investigated in connection with a theft from a warehouse he worked at, but was 
never indicted or charged.) [-5]
Cautious [-1]
Dislikes spiders [-1]
Distractable [-1]
Quirk [-1]
Quirk [-1]

Skills [xx] [37]
Area Knowledge (New England) IQ 12 [1]
Computer Operation/TL8 IQ 12 [1]
Criminology/TL8 IQ-1 11 [1]
Driving (Automobile)/TL8 DX 12 [2]
Fast-Talk IQ 12 [2]
First-Aid/TL8 IQ 12 [1]
Guns (Pistol) TL8 DX+2 14 [4]
Judo DX 12 [4]
Karate DX 12 [4]
Law (US Criminal) IQ-2 10 [1]
Smallsword DX 12 [2]
Knife DX 12 [1]
Musical Instrument (Trumpet) IQ-1 11 [2]
Observation Per 12 [2]
Running HT 12 [2]
Savoir-Faire (Police) IQ 12 [1]
Search Per 12 [2]
Stealth DX 12 [2]
Streetwise IQ-1 11 [1]
Swimming HT 11 [1]
[37]

Equipment: 

Used Honda Accord, $5000

Weapons:
S&W 640-1, .357M (2d+2pi+ (0.5), Acc 0, range 180/2,000, RoF 3, Shots 5 (2i), St 10, Bulk -1, Rcl 5, +1 to Fast-Draw, loaded with Hollowpoints) $750, 1.6/0.18 lbs

S&W 4006, .40 S&W (2d+2 pi+, Acc 2, Range 160/1,800, RoF 3, Shots 11+1 (3), ST 9, Bulk -2, Rcl 2) $1000/27, 2.7/0.6

Expandable baton (1d+1 cr or 1d-1 cr, Reach 1, Parry 0, ST 6)

Short Staff (1d+1 cr or 1d-1 cr, Reach 1, Parry 0F, ST 6)

Personal Gear: (5.4 lbs)
Cell phone, $100, 0.5 lbs
Undercover Holster, $125, 2.6 lbs w/S&W 640-1
Speedloader w/ 5 rounds .357M-HP, $12, 0.3 lbs
Sneakers (DR 1* on feet), $40, 2 lbs
Pocketknife, $20, neg
Wristwatch, $25, neg

Duty gear: (9.75 lbs)
Concealable Vest (DR 12/5* on Torso), $1000, 2.5 lbs
Belt, $50, neg 
  Multitool, $50, 0.5 lbs
  Mini Flashlight,  2xXS/10 hours, $10, 0.25 lbs
  Expandable Baton, $60, 2 lbs
  Retention Holster, $100, 3.2 lbs w/S&W 4006
  x2 Spare 4006 mags,  $27, 0.6 lbs each (1.2 lbs)
  Notebook and pen, $2, 0.1 lbs

Gear in Apt: 
Short Staff, $20, 1 lb
Laptop )Medium Computer w/ Portable terminal, Complexity 3, stores 100 GB) $1050, 4.5 lbs
5 outfits Ordinary Clothes,  $600, 10 lbs
1 Outfit Winter Clothes, $180, 4 lbs
3 outfits Summer clothes, 180, 3 lbs
Grooming kit, $25, 0.5 lbs
First Aid Kit, $50, 2 lbs
Analgesics (100 doses) $3, neg
Trumpet (B flat), $500, 10 lbs w/ case
100 rounds .357 Magnum Hollow-points, $40, 3.5 lbs
200 rounds .357 Magnum, $80, 7 lbs
400 rounds .40 S&W, 14 lbs, $120
2x Small Libraries (Law: US Criminal, Criminology), $700, 50 lbs
Steel-toed Boots (DR 6/2 on feet, higher on toe-box) $100, 4 lbs
Hard Hat (DR 4 vs cr /2 vs other on Skull), $25, 1 lb
Fire Safe, $100, 100 lbs

$7,830

quote:

Please answer questions to the best of your ability and answer truthfully. For all questions where you
do not have an answer, please put N/A. All applications are kept confidential.

Background Information:

Eric Robert Hale
2. Age
3. Sex
Male
4. Birth date
3/15/1981
Yes
High school, with 2 years of college.
2012-2014: Securitas
2009-2012: Loomis
No
Not in any official capacity.
No
No
12. Have you ever experienced any unexplained phenomena? If yes, please explain.
No
No

If another person is threatened with death or grievous bodily harm.
Yes
16. Should a team member be willing to make sacrifices for the sake of the group?
Depending n the situation,
When I was 3 or 4.
18. Have you pledged loyalty to any social, political, religious, or governmental organizations?
No
19. Do you feel it is right to manipulate others in order to achieve your goals?
No.

Yes
No
22. Rank these items in order of most to least important: Family, Employer, Self, Religion.
Family, Self, Employer, Religion
Yes
No.
No.

1. Did your character learn about this warehouse job because they saw the ad or did they get referred to this job by someone else?
They were referred by a former cowworker from Securitas, who knew that Eric hadn't had anyhtign to do with the robbery and wanted to help him out.

He needed a new job, and It seemed like a good idea to move to a different part of the country.

2. Beyond working at the warehouse does your character have any other goals? What are they?
Yes, eventually he wants to go back to college and become a police officer.

3. Describe the first time your character encountered something paranormal, supernatural or inexplicable (skip this if your character never had such an experience).
N/A

4. What is the worst thing your character ever did?
His father was in a coma and dying of an inoperable brain tumor, and Eric made the decision to pull the plug on his life support, rather than prolong his suffering.

5. Is there anyone your character feels close to?
His mother, one of his ex-girlfriends.

Beardless fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jun 22, 2014

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis
Beefsupreme so far so good on Maxime Lacazette. I look forward to the sheet.

Now here's the character commentary for the new characters submitted. Also I think I talked with the people who made these characters, so I don't have as many comments about or for them.

Aaron Jameson The sheet is fine. I'm aware of the redacted stuff. We talked about details of your character, so I don't have much to comment on. I am wondering what seemed off about that mob boss your character knew.

Andre “Dre” Prince The sheet looks good. I'll figure out what do with your mystery advantage during the game. At the moment I don't have ideas, but I'll figure something out when the game is going.

I'm kinda curious how a criminal managed to get this job. What did he say on his resume or application to get himself into this position? (Out of character, Basorus probably picked him because of his criminal past, but its not something they would discuss with him).

Jacob Barnes Sheet looks good. My questions are mostly about his military background. What did he do in the military and where was he stationed? I assume he saw some fighting.

Eric Hale Sheet looks good. We talked about Eric's powers and how they're connected. I'm curious about the migraine headaches, are they linked to his abilities? What might cause me to roll to see if he has a migraine, meaning is there something that might give him a migraine head ache?

xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Docbubonic posted:

What did he say on his resume or application to get himself into this position?

Andre's resume would be a thin mess, if he even attempted one. He would have written a pretty good cover letter if one was required beyond the questionnaire. In the interview, if pressed, he would focus more on his gang activities more than his drug dealing (which, in my mind, was intertwined with the gang more than Andre would have liked. Nobody wants to be a vassal.)

He would emphasize following orders, being part of a team, creative problem solving, getting the job done, and keeping a low profile. He would probably talk about times he has evaded security guards or police, without giving incriminating details. He would be evasive about anything incriminating and be up-front about the fact that he is being evasive. Without knowing the exact questions, it's hard for me to know how he'd do this. He is a smart guy, perceptive and good at fast talking and diplomacy, He would focus on the fact that he is trying to (at least in the short term) separate himself from that life and Detroit, but due to his lack of familial connections or connections of any other sort, this is where that effort led him. He's a sharp-minded former athlete with a variety of experiences. He figures he's got something to offer.

xian fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jun 20, 2014

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Dr. Marion Isadora Tipplepot, Ph.D.

Marion stepped out of the St. Gregory Mental Health Facility and walked over to her car with a sigh. She didn't know why she came anymore as she hadn't even really known the guy. At least, Marion hadn't known him in the real world and instead him met him in a dreamlike coma. Even so Isaac Singer seemed like her dear friend and for the last two years she had continued her vigil for him to wake up. Sometimes reading him books that she thought he would like, specifically ones with a lot of explosions and daring do, but never had he responded. It was hard to maintain a friendship with someone in a coma.

Though she made it a note to come every couple of months to see him, Marion had moved on from the coma and its strange visions. She had found that her academic career had not been ruined and she had not become a laughing stock she had seen in her coma, but instead it was very much intact. Marion now grown from her trip to Ireland and search for faeries, and settled into actual work with patients. Brian and her friends at Penn State understood this, though they were sad to see her go. Eventually, even Brian moved on to other things and life moved on, as it does.

Though she was highly skeptical of what had happened in the coma, she had never forgotten the lessons she had learned. Getting into her new green Volkswagen, she looked at the hospital one last time before driving away. Marion was no longer was a student searching for something that wasn't there, she was going to do real research and advance the world the tiny amount that a single person could do. David, her long time paramour had been dumped a year ago, and part of her didn't want to admit, but his abandonment in her coma induced dream played a key part.

Marion flipped on the radio and turned on her ipod to one of her favorite song to accompany her during her long journey back toward Penn State, she might have finished, but she was still in the brief period of unknown that proceeded leaving academia, and she had already submitted her request for leave from the university for a year. Now was her time to relax and best of all come up with something that she was going to focus on for most likely half of her life.

David's life seemed to spiral without the emotional support of Marion and she was sad to see it happen, but the last year was too busy for her to attend too. Eventually things seemed to get on track with him and he even found someone else. It had been after she received her doctorate that Marion had attempted to seek him and reconnect with him. David had finally gotten a job in security and now with medication to control his depression, he seemed to level out.

When David had emailed her about his position with Basorus, Marion hadn't even given a second thought, it was just another company. Driving back home, she hadn't even remembered or considered it worthy of note, it was just another long drive home. Clicking the Bluetooth headset she seemed to wear out of habit now days, she picked up the call.

"Marion do you know where he is? I haven't heard from him in weeks, we were supposed to be moving down there when he got settled. Something about not being easier if he wasn't attached to anyone to get the job." Sarah, David's new partner, had almost started in before she could get a hello out. Marion kept calm however and thought it over, David was on his pills and excited for his new job, but knowing David he had tried to game the system to get it. He was very eager to prove himself to everyone lately it seemed.

"Sarah, don't worry, we will work this out. Just tell me what happened? Did you get a message from him or what?" She gave a pause and let Sarah think for a moment. Sarah seemed to respond to the call to take charge and seemed to flow along with Marion's calm demeanor. Yeah, we had been talking for every few weeks when he had a break or when I woke up. He started sounded more distressed over time and started saying weird things though. I think maybe he hurt himself or someone else. You know how he get when he was depressed. Marion gave a involuntary grimace, that had been the reason she had left him.

"That doesn't sound, but we have to think rationally, did you try calling the company?" She asked quickly, thinking on her feet, "Yes, I had his mother call, but they said he was no longer with the company and left no forwarding address." Marion felt a chill go across her as she remembered a half memory. A dream half forgotten. "Who was he employed with again, Sarah?" Marion asked knowing the answer, she had not forgotten what Bob had told her in her coma. They would clean up their mess.

Marion couldn't know, but like her half memory of the coma's fever dream, the Faeries hadn't forgotten her from Ireland. For two years, they sat and waited working more covertly this time until they had found a way to draw her back in for what purpose, only the fae knew. Marion Tipplepot certainly didn't believe in fairies, unfortunately for her the faeries most definitely believed in her.

quote:

Please answer questions to the best of your ability and answer truthfully. For all questions where you do not have an answer, please put N/A. All applications are kept confidential.

Background Information:

1. Name (Please also list all known aliases and nick names): Dr. Marion Isadora Tipplepot

2. Age: 30

3. Sex: Female

4. Birth date: April 14th, 1982

5. Are you a U.S. Citizen? Yes

Doctorate in Psychology

Teaching Assistant Pennsylvania State University Dec 2009 - Present

8. Military Experience? If yes, please explain:
No.

9. Law Enforcement experience? If yes, please explain:
No.

10. Have you been convicted of any crimes? If yes, please explain:
No, I have not.

None that I know of.

Yes, and no, I debunked supernatural claims with penn state, PRS department until two years ago. None was confirmed as "supernatural."

I have have a variety of skills to deal with high stress situations and groups.

14. Is lethal force justified in situations other then self-defense?
No, of course not!

I take my time to determine what is wrong and then act quickly and correctly. Better to be a tad bit slower and do it right the first time.

Yes, though hopefully that would never occur.

17. Do you hear voices and/or noises that other people claim not to hear?
Sometimes, I think that I just have a large imagination and sometimes it gets the best of me. I've never been able to confirm anything however, so it is more a trick of the mind than anything else!

18. Did you ever have an imaginary friend?
Yes, many as a child.

19. Have you pledged loyalty to any social, political, religious, or governmental organizations?
No.

20. Have you ever seen things invisible to other people?
Ah, only once, but I couldn't see it in the photo, so I assume it was a trick of the eye.

21. Do you feel it is right to manipulate others in order to achieve your goals?
No of course not! That would be horrific!

22. Have you answered every question on this test truthfully?
Of course!

23. When you look at a person, or yourself in a mirror, have you ever seen the face change right before your eyes?
Yes, but that is mostly as a child playing scary games. I have a very vivid imagination.

24. Have you ever poked a dead animal with a stick?
Yes, but only to see if it was alive.

25. Rank these items in order of most important to least important: Family, Employer, Self, Religion.
Family, Self, Religion, Employer.

26. Have you ever seen a dead body?
Yes, that session I took anatomy.

27. Care to confess anything you feel guilty about? If yes, please explain.
I feel guilty that for all my ability, I couldn't help my friends. Specifically a few of them from a few years ago, even with all that I have learned and understood, I still cannot help them.

28. Have you lied on any question in this application?
This is absurd, I have already answered this question! No.

Marion learned about it directly about the job from David. She also learned about it from the coma indirectly.

To save and search for David, her ex-fiancee, having a terrible feeling and half memory. She is uniquely able to deal with the much more grounded idea that he had a psychological break.

2. Beyond working at the warehouse does your character have any other goals? What are they?
Marion wants to start as either a tenured professor or continue her research into how groups deal with high stress situations. Her main goal is to find David and most of all prove to herself that it was a dream, not a horrific thing that she experienced either psychically, or with group coma.

3. Describe the first time your character encountered something paranormal, supernatural or inexplicable (skip this if your character never had such an experience).
Marion had faerie friends as a child, though she assumed they were imaginary. Also, she went into castle in Ireland and discovered a gateway into the faeworld, that caused her to lapse into a coma for a few weeks. One can only assume that the fae learned from the experience and have been working more indirectly than directly now.

To Marion the worst thing she ever did was leave Isaac in the coma state, but rationally she knows that she couldn't save him, and that it was a dream.

Her parents and her friends back at the university, though most have moved on. College is a transient state for everyone and she reached the end of the road. David and Sarah are the last real friends from that life. She also feels close to Isaac as he saved her life, not that she would admit to herself that is the reason she has her solitary vigil.

Online Character Sheet
pre:
Name:	Marion Tipplepot	CP:     	150
Height:	5'6"             	Disadv limit:	-
Weight:	125	                CP Used:	150
Eyes:	Hazel           	CP Left:	0
Hair:	Brown		

Attributes	CP	111
                CP
ST	10		
DX 	11	20	
IQ	13	60	
HT	11	10	

HP	13	6	
Will	14	5	
Per	14	5	
FP	11		

Basic Lift	20		
Damage			
Thrust: 	1d-2		
Swing:  	1d		

Basic Speed	5.5		
Basic Move	5		
Dodge   	8		
Languages	Spoken          Written 	CP
English  	Native          Native  	0

Culture	                	CP	
MidWest US	native   	0	

Social Stats                    CP			
Appearance	Attractive	5	
Status   	0		
Reputation	None		
Wealth  	Average		
TL      	8		

Advantages      	CP	15
                                        Notes
Eidetic Memory   	5		
Social Science Wiz	5		*
Empathy         	5		Sensitive

Disadvantages   	CP	-25
                                        Notes
Weirdness Magnet	-15		Fae
Chummy          	-5		
Pacifism        	-5		Reluctant Killer

Quirks          	CP	-5
                                        Notes
Skeptical       	-1		
Careful         	-1		
Nosy            	-1		
Like: Literature	-1		
Imaginative     	-1		

Skills                  CP	54
Skills                  	Stat/Diff	Stat Mods	Levels	CP	Notes
Area Knowledge(Penn.)    	IQ/E    	IQ+0    	13	1	
Bicycling                	DX/E    	DX+0    	11	1	
Body Language           	IQ/A    	IQ-1    	12	1	
Computer Operation         	IQ/E    	IQ+0    	13	1	
Cooking(Vegetarian)     	IQ/A    	IQ-1    	12	1	
Current Affairs(Science)	IQ/E     	IQ+0    	13	1	
Detect Lies             	Per/H   	Per-1+1  	14	2	
Diplomacy               	IQ/H    	IQ-1    	12	2	
Driving(automobile)      	DX/A    	Dx-1    	10	1	
Expert Skill(Faerie Lore)	IQ/A    	IQ-1    	12	1	
Finance                 	IQ/H    	IQ-2    	11	1	
First Aid               	IQ/E    	IQ+0     	13	1	
Guns(Pistol)            	DX/E    	DX+3    	14	8	
History	                        IQ/H          	IQ-2+1   	12	1	
Housekeeping            	IQ/E    	IQ+0    	13	1	
Judo                    	DX/H     	DX-1    	10	2	
Karate                  	DX/H    	DX+0    	11	4	
Literature               	IQ/H      	IQ-2    	11	1	
Mathematics(Statistics)  	IQ/H    	IQ-2    	11	1	
Meditation              	Will/H   	Will-2  	12	1	
Navigation(Land)        	IQ/A    	IQ-1    	12	1	
Observation             	IQ/A     	IQ-1    	12	1	
Occultism               	IQ/A     	IQ-1    	12	1	
Photography             	IQ/A     	IQ-1    	12	1	
Psychology              	IQ/H    	IQ+1+1+1	16	8	
Research                	IQ/A    	IQ-1+1   	13	1	
Running	                        HT/A           	HT-1    	10	1	
Savoir-Faire(Academia)    	IQ/E     	IQ+0    	13	1	
Shortsword(Baton)        	DX/A    	DX-1    	10	1	
Sociology               	IQ/H     	IQ-2+1   	12	1	
Swimming                	HT/E    	HT+0    	11	1	
Teaching                	IQ/A     	IQ-1     	12	1	
Theology(Pagan)          	IQ/H    	IQ-2    	11	1	
Writing                 	IQ/A     	IQ-1    	12	1

Totals	
Stats:  	111
Advantages:	15
Disadvantages:	-30
Skills:  	54
Total:  	150	

Equipment	
Starting Wealth:	20000
Money Spent:    	19373.5
Money Left:     	626.5
Combat Weight   	16.02
OoC Weight      	28.22
Combat Encumberance	None
OoC Encumberance	Light

Location	Armor   	DR
Skull		
Face		
Neck		
Torso	Early Concealable Vest	8|2
Arms		
Hands		
Legs		
Groin		
Feet	Reinforced Boots	5|2	

Melee Weapons 	Damage  	Reach  	Parry	Notes
Punch    	thr-1 cr	C	0   	Bare Fists
Kick    	thr cr  	C,1	No	Bare Feet
Baton   	sw cr/thr cr	1	0	ST 8

Ranged Weapons	Damage          	Acc|Range	RoF|Shots	Notes
TASER M26	1d-3 pi/HT-5(0.5) aff	0|7     	1|2(3i)  	Bulk -2, Rcl 2, ST 7

Item            	Location	Weight	Cost	Notes
Reinforced Boots	Feet     	3	75	DR: 5/2
Early Concealable Vest	Chest   	2	200	DR: 8/2
Pocket Notepad   	Vest    	1	1	
Droid Phone     	in pocket	0.5	350	C: 4
Belt holster     	belt    	1	25	
Load Bearing Vest	Torso   	2	30	
Handcuffs        	vest    	0.5	40	
swiss army knife	vest    	-	25	
Ballpoint Pen   	vest    	-	0.5	
Batteries (4)    	Vest    	1.32	4	S
Belt            	Torso   	-	20	
TASER M26        	Belt     	1.1  	400	Air Cylinders+8 XS 40 sec
M26 Air Cylinders	Belt    	1	80	Reloads: 4 (2 per)
Baton           	Belt    	1	20	
16 XS Batteries   	Vest    	1.6   	8	XS 16 batteries
Computer, Laptop 	in backpack	3	1500	C: 5
Backpack, Small(40)	back/car	3	60	
Basic Digital Camera	Backpack	0.5	150	
Scientific Calculator	purse   	0.2	30	
Purse           	shoulder/trunk	1	50	
Water Bottle    	Backpack	2.5	10	
Cigarette Lighter	purse   	-	10	
Compact              	purse   	-	5	
Blush           	purse   	-	5	
Fancy Ballpoint Pens(4)	purse   	-	5	
Wallet          	purse    	2	20	
Eyeliner         	purse    	-	5	
Lipstick         	purse    	-	5	
Mascara          	purse    	-	5	
Green VW Jetta (New)	Parking lots	-	10000	
First Aid Kit   	Trunk   	2	50	
Survival Kit     	Trunk   	1	5	
Heavy Coat      	Trunk   	4	180	
Low Rent Apartment				
Furnishings/Basics	Apartment	-	5000	Status 0
Medium Desktop Computer	Apartment	-	1000	Complexity 4
*Anthropology, Sociology, Psychology, History, Geography, Research

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jun 21, 2014

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Updated my gun with all modifications priced and listed.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

I promise to have an actual bio posted soon/today, based on what was discussed in IRC. I'm just in a "end of quarter" panic mode on projects and finals. Argh.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Here is the list of characters up for submission:

1. Jack Plissken Former Soldier haunted by undead - MohawkSatan

2. Frank Largo Former policeman who sees dead people - chitoryu12

3. Lucien Calvenn College grad with imaginary friend - Davin Valkri

4. Steve Musell Precognition Protector - FireSight

5. Kurt Williamson Undercover Government Agent - Roland T. Dapperman

6. Cheryl Grayson Cultist - GoatLord

7. Steve Fishman Private Investigator who gets messages - Razage

8. Aaron Jameson Security Consultant - FractionJackson

9. Andre “Dre” Prince Former Criminal - Xian

10. Jacob Barnes Former Soldier - A Velociraptor!

11. Eric Hale Security guard and minor precog - Beardless

And there's two characters that might be finished soon.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

DocBubonic posted:

Sheet looks good. My questions are mostly about his military background. What did he do in the military and where was he stationed? I assume he saw some fighting.

Jacob was a basic military grunt who i'll say rose up to sergeant's rank during his years. Most of his time was spent on patrols. He served in Iraq, around Basra, but for the most part he was in Afghanistan. He saw some of the fiercest fighting in Helmand, so he doesn't like speaking that much about his time in the army and will be very brief about it when asked. He's seen a good deal of action, but his family life's been happy enough since then that he isn't left mentally scarred by it.

Razage
Nov 12, 2007

I'm sorry,
I can't hear you over the sound of how HIP I am.
Should I worry about equipment now? Or will there be time to figure that out after picks are made and assuming I get in?

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Razage posted:

Should I worry about equipment now? Or will there be time to figure that out after picks are made and assuming I get in?

This is a good idea. For me equipment is kinda minor, so its not a big deal if people want to hold off on equipment until they know they're in or not.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Fully completed sheet, and I have to admit. I love my spreadsheets for GURPS, they always make it a breeze :D

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Lucien's sheet and surveys are complete! I hope he's a good tonal fit :ohdear:

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Here are my picks. I liked the characters submitted, but there were more characters then spots available. I decided to up the number of characters I'm taking to eight as well. Probably not a good idea, but I'll manage. I know Mohawk is out of town and he doesn't appear to be around at the moment, so if he isn't able to post within a day or two of the thread going up, I'm going to let Firesight have his spot. Mohawk's character will be an alternate then. This goes for everyone else I'm picking too.

Also in the future, I plan on bringing in other people. If this game is anything like the last warehouse game, then I'll need replacements. I'll pick replacements out of this thread if people are still interested in the game when that situation comes up.

Jack Plissken Former Soldier haunted by undead - MohawkSatan

Kurt Williamson Undercover Government Agent - Roland T. Dapperman

Cheryl Grayson Cultist - GoatLord

Steve Fishman Private Investigator who gets messages - Razage

Aaron Jameson Security Consultant - FractionJackson

Andre “Dre” Prince Former Criminal - Xian

Jacob Barnes Former Soldier - A Velociraptor!

Dr. Marion Isadora Tipplepot, Ph.D. Psychologist after a missing friend - Axe-man

Immediate Alternate:
Steve Musell Precognition Protector - FireSight

BeefSupreme
Sep 14, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Soooo... i'll just leave this here as a potential future character! Enjoy, to those of you selected!

Maxime Lacazette

Maxime has always had a talent for reading the forest. His dad had raised him on the outdoors--hunting, fishing, camping--and they'd spent every moment of free time in the Ontario wilderness. He'd taught him basic survival skills, how to stay silent, how to lure animals. He'd taught him to read the clues left behind--scratches on a tree, foot prints in the ground, disrupted leaves, and so on. When Maxime focused on a place, it was like he could really see what happened there. A deer guides her young to the stream. A bird gathers twigs for a nest.

A wolf stands over its kill and slowly transforms into a human.

When Maxime saw that, like he saw the other things, he freaked. That wasn't real. That couldn't be real. Werewolves don't exist.

Then he started seeing other strange things. More things that don't exist. Trees that walked. Goatmen. Things he couldn't even describe. It unnerved him, for a long time. These visions of the unreal didn't happen all that often, so it remained jarring to be investigating an animal dwelling and find out that the dwelling belonged to something that looked remarkably like bigfoot.

But Maxime spent a lot of time in the forest, so frequent or not, he saw plenty of strange things, and his curiosity soon bloomed. In college, he officially studied forest conservation (he spent a lot of time in the forest); to that, he added an unofficial degree in cryptozoology, with a curriculum prescribed by the librarian. Soon, creatures that had been foreign and disturbing to him simply became part of the local fauna. He became accustomed to the strange.

And it was then, only then, after weird had passed into normal, that Maxime saw something of an entirely different nature. Something unnatural. A demon. A spirit. A ghost. Something. He didn't know. Whatever it was, it'd had ill intent. It spooked him. His wilderness buddies, who'd grown used to his 'delusions', were spooked. If Maxime couldn't shake it, it was time to go.

He recovered quickly, though--he'd seen plenty of strange things, after all. He'd been spooked the first time, when he'd seen the werewolf. This was just a new sort of weirdness to acclimate to. That was all.

Even so, his forest adventures and extra-curricular research came to a stop. Graduation was nearing, after all, and he needed to finish up before his parents cut off his tuition payments. And after graduation, instead of going into the forest service, like he'd always planned, why not do something adventurous, he thought. Get a visa, cross the border to Michigan, find a job, any job.

Like, for example, security at a facility in Maars, Michigan.

DocBubonic posted:

Background Information:

Maxime Lacazette

2. Age

3. Sex
Male

4. Birth date
1992/03/26

No

Bachelor's Degree in Forest Conservation, University of Toronto

N/A

N/A

N/A

Yes (Speeding ticket. Was driving 140 kph in a 100 kph zone)

N/A

Yes, many. However, I was able to find explanations for most of them.

Against a human, no. Never. Even self-defence is not a good reason to kill someone.

Yes.

Yes, if the group is worth it.

No.

Scouts Canada, when I was a boy.

No. I couldn't lie to them.

Yes.

No. Dead animals are not playthings. Hunting animals requires respect.

Family, Self, Employer, Religion.

No. Not exactly. Not in real life.

No.

Not to my knowledge.

Advertisement on a job board at the University of Toronto.

Semi-impulsively--having planned to enter the forest service, but recent events (ghost? demon?) have subconsciously driven him to do something else, somewhere else, for a while.

To explore the unexplained and unusual. Mythical creatures (especially woodland ones) interest him in particular.

On a weekend-long hike, Maxime encountered a half-eaten deer. He began to focus on the area, to discern what happened. Here's what he saw: a wolf takes a few hearty bites of its prey and licks its lips. The wolf then stands on its hind legs; its a big wolf. The wolf's hair then begins to recede, as does its muzzle, and its claws. Soon, all that remains is a fully naked man, looking confused and exhausted. He then runs into the woods.

Shot a pregnant moose. He was young, and missed the obvious indicators, and didn't find out until he was gutting the moose to harvest it. He threw up.

Mrs. Thornton, the librarian. Miles Landon, his closest hunting buddy.

pre:
Maxime Lacazette

Attributes:	 85
Advantages:	 51
Disadvantages:	-25
Quirks:	         -2
Skills:	         41
Total:          150
Height:	5' 10"	
Weight:	180 lb
DOB:    3/26/1992

Attributes
ST: 10 
DX: 12 [40]
IQ: 11 [20]
HT: 12 [20]

Will:	        11
Fright Check:	11
Basic Speed:	6
Basic Move:	6
Perception:     12 [5]

Basic FP:	12
Basic HP:	10

Advantages
Psychometry	              20
Fit                            5
English (Native, Fluent)       0
French (Fluent)                6
Talent (Outdoorsman) 2        20

Disadvantages
Curious (CR: 12)              -5
Pacifism: Cannot Kill	     -15
Truthfulness (CR: 12)         -5
Likes Outdoor Gear	      -1	
Obsession (The Unusual)       -1

Skills				SL	RSL	Pts
Area Knowledge (Ontario)	11	IQ+0	1
Expert Skill (Cryptozoology)	11	IQ+0	4
Boating/TL8 (Unpowered)		11	DX-1	1
Driving/TL8 (Automobile)	11	DX-1	1
Computer Operation/TL8		11	IQ+0	1
Research/TL8			10	IQ-1	1
Housekeeping			11	IQ+0	1
Sports (Hockey)			11	DX-1	1
Brawling			12	DX+0	1
Skating				10	HT-2	1
Swimming			12	HT+0	1
Animal Handling (Dogs)		10	IQ-1	1
Bow				12	DX+0	2
Armoury/TL8 (Small Arms)	10	IQ-1	1
Guns/TL8 (Rifle)		14	DX+2	4
First Aid/TL8			11	IQ+0	1
Climbing			11	DX-1	1
Hiking				11	HT-1	1
Knife				12	DX+0	1
Knot-Tying			12	DX+0	1
Camouflage			13	IQ+2	1
Fishing				13	Per+2	1
Mimicry (Animal Sounds)		12	IQ+1	2
Mimicry (Bird Calls)		11	IQ+0    1
Naturalist/TL8 (Earthlike)	13	IQ+2	4
Navigation/TL8 (Land)		13	IQ+2	2
Survival (Woodlands)		13	Per+2	2
Tracking			12	Per+1	1

Razage
Nov 12, 2007

I'm sorry,
I can't hear you over the sound of how HIP I am.
I edited in equipment on my sheet, let me know if I did anything wrong. Some things don't have costs because I couldn't find costs for them.

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

by Cyrano4747

DocBubonic posted:

Here are my picks. I liked the characters submitted, but there were more characters then spots available. I decided to up the number of characters I'm taking to eight as well. Probably not a good idea, but I'll manage. I know Mohawk is out of town and he doesn't appear to be around at the moment, so if he isn't able to post within a day or two of the thread going up, I'm going to let Firesight have his spot. Mohawk's character will be an alternate then. This goes for everyone else I'm picking too.

Also in the future, I plan on bringing in other people. If this game is anything like the last warehouse game, then I'll need replacements. I'll pick replacements out of this thread if people are still interested in the game when that situation comes up.

Jack Plissken Former Soldier haunted by undead - MohawkSatan

I just got back about three hours ago Doc. I'm good to go whenever you put the game up.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Hooray! Marion Tipplepot rides again! Doc, I work tomorrow so if you put it up in the middle of the day I can't post till afterward :)

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

You're fine Razage.

The game is now up: Don't Go Dreaming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Bumping thread to keep it active.

• Locked thread