Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
You know, this card is pretty mediocre in terms of name value for a ppv, but as I sit here watching the weighins I realizethat there's a lot of fights with great potential to be good, and the ones that won't be good will likely be funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Bundt Cake posted:

He could probably wrestle jabouin if he wanted. I think I missed something because of how much of everyone hates Easton, but I thought he seemed like a good fighter before his gym imploded. I hope Jabouin wins due to being cool to watch.

Easton is one of those guys who's good, but what he's mostly good at his holding dudes against the fence and mauling them, so people don't like to consider him good. Also him being pretty reluctant to disassociate himself from a gang rapist didn't do him any favors.

I think you're right that he could probably wrestle jabouin if he focused on it, and I hope he doesn't because Jabouin has been in some badass loving fights. Jabouin/Hominick is still one of the better fights from the WEC, and it has a lot of competition in that area.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Northjayhawk posted:

So, if you are Dana, aren't you going to be rooting awfully hard for Bagautinov tomorrow night? I'd think it would be pretty good for their international ambitions to have a Russian champion.

Thus far the available evidence suggests that nobody in any country gives a poo poo about flyweights, regardless of their nationality.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

1st AD posted:

I wonder if they could get Mighty Mouse a shine if they booked a double main event with someone people actually cared about. What if they did Mighty Mouse vs. anyone as co-main on a Ronda card?

Arguably every MM card has had somebody casual fans care about more in the co-main; this is the first time he'll be carrying a ppv on his own. I really hope it does well because flyweights own and MM owns, but based on prior experience and general levels of "star power" I'm not optimistic.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Ninja PD posted:

Was Arlovski ever a PPV mover?

Arlovski's PPV fights were so long ago that they're not really relevant info in that regard.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
I've only started watching now, what have I missed, bros?

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Goddamn, apparently LaTerneu got the poo poo kicked out of her

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Tezcatlipoca posted:

A bunch of cool fights.

God drat It

LobsterMobster posted:

HEY DANA, HOW MUCH DO YOU LOVE BALD MAN SHOUT TIMES?

I LOVE BALD MAN SHOUT TIMES, JOE, BUT NOT AS MUCH AS I LOVE LINKIN PARK!

AND NOT AS MUCH AS I LOVE COCAINE, DANA!

I LOVE BALD MEN SHOUT TIME AND ALSO LOBSTERMOBSTER AND ALSO BALD MEN SHOUT TIME

Bundt Cake posted:

oh yeah i already forgot the most important thing, that yves yabouin outwrestled mike easton

ALSO I LOVE THIS HOLY poo poo YES

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Andre Arlovski is back in the UFC but Tim Sylvia isnt?? Makes you wonder whats going on with zuffa....

Hmmm, yes, the guy on a two-fight winning streak being back in the UFC vs the guy who hasn't won since 2012 not being back in the UFC really makes you wonder what's going on with Zuffa, if you're a loving idiot

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

LobsterMobster posted:

reported for drunk posting

;_;

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

You missed Yves wrestling, Japan dominating and a woman losing an eye.

Oh god I missed Yves winning, god dammit

Bundt Cake posted:

i think hes joke ing guys

I'm really not :smith:

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Bundt Cake posted:

Kill Whitey

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

LordPants posted:

Andrei was my fav back in the day.

I'm gonna be sad aren't I?

I hope not, but there is a very distinct possibility

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

colonel_korn posted:

Watching this fight just reminds me of how brutally Sergei knocked AA out and makes me wish he was in the UFC and doing the same to Schaub right now.

I saw that live and I kinda wish something equivalent happened again

Bundt Cake posted:

Big john should grab them by the backs of their heads and knock them together, except they havent been close enough for that to happen for ten minutes

lmao

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Man, Matt Hume is great.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Jesus christ. Johnson is SO fast. It really is absurd.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Bundt Cake posted:

maybe i had how good feijao was distorted in my mind like i did masvidal

You could easily think Masvidal was better than he was based on his potential. I'm really at a loss about how you could think Feijao was good unless you somehow also thought King Mo was good, and that would be ridiculous

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

1st AD posted:

I really hope Rory fights Matt Brown at some point because it's clear that he can only win fights where the other guy can't deal with his jab and gets wrestled or trapped against the fence. He doesn't deal with pressure well at all and Matt is like an unkillable Carlos Condit.

Carlos Condit is already an unkillable Carlos Condit, it's just that Matt Brown's defense is bad enough that he gets in a lot more situations where he rightfully should be killed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Bundt Cake posted:

Then another dude explained he'd go in and MM would be on the treadmill, and he'd do his whole work out, bjj boxing and cardio, and when he left MM would still be running. and this was all way before he was in the UFC, and I think before he hooked up with Hume, too. Anyway OKAY just a conversation I was privvy to years ago.

This part is even more insane when you consider that iirc until he won the title he was working construction full-time.

• Locked thread