Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN
Armando Jones

Armando sits in the driver's seat of the wagon, chewing idly on one of the tall plants they'd passed by - some kind of freely growing grass, but much larger and healthier than anything he'd seen in a long time. He shook his head in amazement, taking in the majesty of the view. "This place is amazing. Look, they've got mines down there! Might be a good place to start, miners usually aren't too picky about who comes around if they've got money." The demilich floats the spyglass up to his eyehole, peering through it carefully at the towns and buildings below.

Perception: 1d20+9 13

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN
Armando Jones

Armando lets his jaw open in amazement, the half-chewed stalk dropping into Antoinette's outstretched hand. "Huh. Don't see that every day. Goblyns who think that they're people, and people who think that Goblyns are too. This is a strange, strange place." He pivots westward, looking through the spyglass at the forest. Misty forest, dark trees - that should be much more familiar than this strange town.

Perception: 1d20+9 21

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN
Armando

"Huh." Armando lowers the spyglass, looking at the distant forest. He raises the spyglass up. The elf is still staring directly back at him, glaring daggers in their direction. "Well, that's unsettling. I haven't seen an elf look that unhappy since the Vorminthia case," Armando said. The elf turned and vanished out of sight. "Time to wake up, people, we may have been spotted. Anyone taken a look at those mountains to the east? I'm guessing the people to the west are going to be... unhappy to see us, and I'm not sure I like the look of those Goblyns."

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN
Armando Jones

Armando floats off the driver's seat and moves forward, prodding Antoinette with a manipulated glove. "Yes, Antoinette. Show the people that you've only got one face." The demilich waves a jaunty gloved hand, which wasn't actually precisely a hand but just a glove, at the two guards. "This won't take but a moment. We give you our sworn word that we do not intend to harm, abduct, consume, devour, turn, corrupt, steal or in any other way hurt a member of your town, unless provoked in some fashion after entering." This was, of course, a slightly modified version of the standard traveler and trader's oath from the communities around the Mountain of Misery, and it... usually held up.

Usually.

RPZip fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jun 16, 2014

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN
Armando Jones

Armando turns to the rest of the group, then shrugs expressively. "Sure, why not. In fact, I'm quite positive I don't have any of those things. Is there someone who checks out new travelers to make sure they don't have, ah, that sort of thing?"

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN
Armando Jones

Armando sighs and gives Azana a light smack on the back of her head. "Don't play with your food, Azana, you know how ridiculous it looks after a while."

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN
Armando Jones

Armando looks at the complicated gesture the guard made, in some kind of apparent warding symbol, and shrugs. He raises both of his gloves to perform the traditional warding symbol of the Mountains, thumb and pinky extended to show the strength of the mountain bulls of their homes and their reputed resistance to all types of evil. Talking to these yokels wasn't going to get them much, though. There had to be some one in this town who knew something, at least. "Hey, is there a tavern nearby? You know. The place where you can get drinks. And cigars. I really need a good cigar."

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN
Armando Jones

Armando tapped his cigar, dumping a bit of ash off the end. They had some drat fine cigars here, although something about the taste was lingering. He blew out a long smoke ring into the air, and the smoke looked faintly purple. drat fine, but odd. "No, no. Nothing like that. She was just, ah, professionally curious. Now, Mayor Fitzandul was it?" he said. "We represent a small, ah, community that presently finds itself in your neck of the woods. We were hoping to establish some kind of a deal for supplies with your fine town here."

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN
Armando Jones

Armando politely ignores the commotion coming from the kitchen, pitching in after Rakszan. "Skeletons are also not known for laying down on the job. No eyelids to shut, y'see? That whole 'eternal vigilance' thing comes in very handy, and the boys don't mind some of the boring patrols. Could make you much more secure if you don't need to rely on the, er, vaunted wits of your guards."

Perception: 1d20+9 18

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN
Armando Jones

Armando puffs on his cigar. It sounded like they were going to be dealing with the crazies, but that was fine. Other people got a bit unnerved around the undead. "And I don't suppose there's any of them within easy walking distance of here?"

• Locked thread