Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000
I'll repost what I wrote in the E3 TVIV thread about this, because I think it's relevant here:

PrBacterio posted:

I gotta be honest here, both Mario Maker and Splatoon are games that have huge potential to be awesome but that, at the same time, I'm awfully worried about. What they've shown so far looks good, but unless they expand hugely on that it'll only end in disappointment :ohdear: Splatoon, in particular, will need a lot of variety in level design and setting, character looks/customisation (while the basic character design looks great, they all look kinda same-ish to me), game modes, weapons, and so on. It needs like, night time and underground levels with neon glow-in-the-dark paint, a variety of game modes (like for example, a domination or ctf mode where you have to/can prevent your opponents from reaching objectives/flags by blocking their path with your own colour ink), customisation and styling options to individualize your character. And it definitely, definitely needs voice chat for team play. If they deliver on all what we imagine for the game right now, it could turn out as one of the best multiplayer/arena shooters ever created, but there's so many ways for it to go wrong.

On the other hand, I don't understand the Giantbomb (for example) guys' resistance to the idea of gyro controls. If it works like it did in WWHD, it seems like that would be the perfect control scheme for a game like this on a console. You do the general, rough aiming/turning with the right stick and then finetune by slight motions of the gamepad to track and home in onto your target.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000
Ill say once again that, they do absolutely need to include dark underground or night-time levels with neon glow-in-the-dark ink, though :colbert:

• Locked thread