Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Anime Curator posted:

i hope the game has holiday inspired attire

Every idea from tf2 except with squids please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

I forgot how truly terrible I am at shooters. Good thing I have a couple of months to get my act together before pick up games start.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Squid Pro Quo

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Silentman0 posted:

All of the scrolls have been leaked, and most of them are just goofy world-building. However, in the last 5 you unlock, [BIG-rear end SPOILERS, SERIOUSLY] it reveals that rising water levels wiped out all land-dwelling creatures on Earth long ago, which you probably already figured out from the Wii U scroll. The last two reveal that Judd is the last living Earth mammal who was cryogenically frozen from current day. loving Nintendo, goddamn.

What I'm hearing here is that we should stop clamoring for a Super Mario Sunshine crossover and start calling for a Wind Waker crossover

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

You don't even want to know the sordid history of Captain Toad.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

drat, InkAllNerds is one letter too long for a nickname.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Bean posted:

We should all be posting our outfits of the day. It's the best way to keep up with squid fashion.

I really wanted the red checked shirt ... but it clashes with most of the squid head colors!

(You can take a screenshot of yourself, post it to miiverse, and then pull the picture from miiverse.nintendo.net to post your own squid fashion.)

Splatoon: You Look Like Squid

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

I see that the mods have, correctly, chosen to update the thread to my suggestion for Professional Squid Guild name, and just in time for ranked too.

It's time for some Major League Game Ink.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Come on, Nintendo, let people order my school uniform. I don't care!

They should patch it so that if you try to buy the amiibo outfits there's a cutscene of the police hauling Spyke off to jail.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Nerf?

But, but that's another thing I remember from the 90's. They must have made some things over powered on purpose, so that people would say the word 'Nerf', thus reminding us of the 90's even more! :lron:

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Is the crane in saltspray rig actually useful for changing sniping position in ranked? It doesn't seem like the regular splat charger even has enough range to hit the zone.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

As I expected, the example quoted in the strategy guide (.52 gal) is literally the only one where 1 defense up helps you (except I guess, blasters with poor aim). Now if we knew how effective the secondary ability slots were we might be able to discern whether it's worth stacking some of those with defense up.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Silentman0 posted:

Splat-o-matic is basically a slightly better N-Zap with a worse sub/super, which is to say it's a worse Jr. and a worse Aerospray. I don't know why we needed another short range, high attack speed weapon but there you go.

It's in the shortest range category but has a much tighter reticule than the Aerospray or the Jr. resulting in a shorter time to kill. In other words, it's a weapon designed purely for the purpose of countering the Aerospray and the Jr. IMO.

I agree that the tradeoffs don't seem worth it. You can just use a weapon with longer range to kill off the aerospray.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Kurtofan posted:

Rock > cats

Here's how you play the game. On the count of three we both throw out our hands in the shape of a symbol "cat" is represented by two cat ears, "bread" is represented by a flat slice of bread, and "rock" is represented by a fist which you would pump in the air if you were excited because of listening to rock. Cat beats bread, Rock beats Cat, and Bread beats Rock.

I"m not sure what the rationale for that last one is though.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

I went 11 and 4, what do you people squids want? I'm not good enough to carry an entire team going 2 and 8! :argh:

Anyway, Judd pointed out that the reticule changes when you jump, so again, Judd tutorial is best tutorial.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

NPR's "Wait wait don't tell me" quiz is splatfest animal themed today, so hopefully there will be plenty of questions about squids.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

dude789 posted:

Oh my God. I just realized I have lime green shoes with Ink Resistance as the main. These are never coming off.

Protip: It looks real fresh with the three star recon puffy jacket if you like to color coordinate.

I wish ink resistance was still good, but at least I discovered that bomb sniffer is good because of the nerf.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Fanzay posted:

What gun should I use? The Splattershot Pro isn't really all that useful for Turf War.

Everyone ever is using aerosprays, so I've been doing pretty well with the tentatek. Maybe a 52 if you like those?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

I wish there was a button I could hold down in the plaza to show off my squid's fresh dance moves.

Also, what's the deal with all the spirit energy floating up into the sky?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Supercar Gautier posted:

I think it's a law of nature that if you ever kill three enemy teammates and assume you've got an advantage, the fourth one is always simultaneously busy killing your three teammates.

There's this little sense of camaraderie you get when see the results screen, and realize that the other MVP was probably yelling at their TV too.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Saint Freak posted:

They held the event on American National Go Outside Day? That's some hosed up poo poo Japan.

Independence day is the event that is most like the Japanese festivals that splatfests are intended to signify.

But they should have done it on the fifth.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

I was told I would be fighting SQUIDS!

Edit:

Snuffman posted:

*Warrior Headdress isn't cool. Or rather, is most definitely not fresh.

It probably would have came out with the map release tonight. I think we're safe.

DalaranJ fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jul 25, 2015

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The devs did an interview with Famitsu where they said they focused on having a female lead because they thought it'd be better accepted overseas, interesting: http://nintendoeverything.com/splatoon-devs-on-inkling-girl-design-focus-squid-sisters-and-more/

I'm glad they took the time to do their own foley work. The sound effects are super satisfying, my favorite is the one that plays when you jump off a ledge into ink.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

What is happening? Arowana Mall is fun now. Could it be the hidden power of buckets?

Edit: Also Tentatek is my main so I'm pretty excited for the octoshooter.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Is the Slosher over powered or am I some kind of weird bucket savant?

I think people haven't learned to not hide behind walls yet. A lot of people have been trying to dodge me behind walls, and then I immediately kill them.

Bucket bros for life :hfive:

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Christo posted:

Christo - Accept no substitutes!

CrisCo?!? I've been tricked!

*throws all his shortening away*

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Huh, I didn't know that!

Neither did a bunch of idiots who are using the beakon wrong.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Chill Penguin posted:

I can't wait to play Splatoon tonight.

- Me, every day

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

I just got on the booyah train to a 9 and 2. Playing turf war an hour after rainmaker came out must mean I'm fighting the dregs.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Jarogue posted:

But the ants represent the good players on your team and the grasshopper is the rear end in a top hat who thinks that Rainmaker is Turf War.

new splatfest idea "Which do you prefer playing? Turf War or Ranked"

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

orly posted:

thats good to,know

When I use the slosher on the test dummies, there is always 2 shot kill but thats probably at least part of why it takes more in real games

The slosher doesn't have falloff. If you hit you do 70, if you lob it over them you do 40. It is pretty easy to misjudge your maximum range though.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Paint vs wallpaper

Edit: Painting vs applying wallpaper

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Trent posted:

Someone in my plaza was saying the next splatfest is limes vs lemons. I hope it's true.

It's secretly sponsored by Sprite. At the end everyone will get 24 seashells.

Carrie: "With the great taste of Limon, we're all winners!"
Marie: "Look, we gotta get paid."

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm surprised Walleye Warehouse wasn't higher across the board. People generally go nuts for the simple 2Fort-esque maps in games.

I'm pretty surprised by the popularity of towers. As long as no one voted for mall, I'm fine though.

Edit: I mean where the heck is underpass?

DalaranJ fucked around with this message at 21:03 on May 12, 2017

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

LethalGeek posted:

Towers is the worst map I don't get why anyone likes it

Possible answer 1: People like it because it showcases a verticality that is unique to Splatoon.

Possible answer 2: Snipers stuffed the ballot box.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I hope they bring back Urchin Underpass.

Both Versions.

Once a day has a rotation with both underpasses taking a slot.

It's the old map except when the clock hits halfway the map starts morphing into the new map.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I hope they add 2Fort.

There are too many snipers. I'll have to take the underground passage.

Oh. Oh...

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Callie evil, so what

Edit: I am looking forward to the post game boss being Callie & Marie at the same time though. Make it happen Nintendo.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

WarpedNaba posted:

I can't believe they're already unfresh.

Seafood can go bad pretty fast.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Like the disruptor, except not obsoleted by the fact that you can just shoot people with your gun. I want it with my bucket for maximum rage factor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Rexroom posted:

Oh yeah, you can plant up to TWO Ink Mines this time around.

That's gonna be great.

• Locked thread